Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 02-11-2014, 04:49 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You forgot to add in the personal seats licenses.... We just got the bill for ours: $4,500 per seat. No thanks. We will not be carrying over our season tickets.

Not that I'm bitter or anything...
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:25 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
You forgot to add in the personal seats licenses.... We just got the bill for ours: $4,500 per seat. No thanks. We will not be carrying over our season tickets.

Not that I'm bitter or anything...
I agree that they are expensive, but needed for funding a new stadium. The thing that a lot of people seem to forget with PSL's is that they actually lower ticket prices. There hasn't been a new stadium for a while that has been built without PSL's. I'm not a season ticket holder so I can't say I know how you feel, but still. There are still good things about PSL's.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:33 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's ********.

From what I understand about psl's it doesn't reduce the public portion of the funding that we are all already paying. It helps the Wilfs pay their portion, which they shouldn't have a problem paying anyway due to the profits that they will make just from being an NFL owner.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's ********.

From what I understand about psl's it doesn't reduce the public portion of the funding that we are all already paying. It helps the Wilfs pay their portion, which they shouldn't have a problem paying anyway due to the profits that they will make just from being an NFL owner.
As with any business, additional expenses get passed onto the consumer. If it didn't come in the form of PSLs, it'd be in the form of higher ticket prices, concession prices, etc.
Vikings4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:58 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

6 of one, half dozen of another. Higher ticket prices &/or psl's do not affect the cost of the stadium.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:58 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
6 of one, half dozen of another. Higher ticket prices &/or psl's do not affect the cost of the stadium.
I think you're missing the point. PSL's help pay for the new stadium and lower ticket prices. It's really the same thing if you're paying ridiculous amounts of money for a single ticket or paying ridiculous amounts of money for PSL's. It's all the same thing. It's like cutting 1 foot of length off of the end of a blanket, and sewing it on the other end.

The Wilf's may be billionaires, but that doesn't mean they can just whip out their checkbooks and pay for their part of the stadium. If that were the case, the Vikings would have gotten their new stadium years ago.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:13 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PFF's Projected Vikings lineup with ratings: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...esota-vikings/

Obviously these don't include FAs and Drafts, but it shows that with a FA signing or two and an impact draft pick or two, the team isn't far off.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:59 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am holding out hope that Greenway bounces back this season.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:10 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Same here. I'm hoping that adding LBs with a pulse (Mack or Mosley in Round 1 would be alright) that makes him responsible for less helps. Looks like we have cash to sign a few FAs. Hopefully that would involve a CB. Verner's been rumored.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:53 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Lots of speculation on the interwebz that the Vikings are interested in trading for Ryan Mallet. Thoughts?

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:54 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
Lots of speculation on the interwebz that the Vikings are interested in trading for Ryan Mallet. Thoughts?
No. Just because he is a back up to Tom Brady doesn't mean he is ultimately gonna be good. I haven't seen anything of him to say that he is gonna be better than what we have already. I'd rather get a QB in the draft.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:40 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think you're missing the point. PSL's help pay for the new stadium and lower ticket prices. It's really the same thing if you're paying ridiculous amounts of money for a single ticket or paying ridiculous amounts of money for PSL's. It's all the same thing. It's like cutting 1 foot of length off of the end of a blanket, and sewing it on the other end.

The Wilf's may be billionaires, but that doesn't mean they can just whip out their checkbooks and pay for their part of the stadium. If that were the case, the Vikings would have gotten their new stadium years ago.
Wrong. You think that prices won't go up because of the psls? They will be making money off of both. No one said that the Wilfs paid for the stadium out of pocket. They took out a loan & will pay it back with BOTH psls & higher ticket prices. Not to mention the development surrounding the stadium. Either way, we chose to not pay the extra $9000 for the privilege of keeping our season tickets. We'll still end up going to games, though if tickets are available.

Oh, and no thanks to Mallett.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:19 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would be ok with it if it was a late rd pick(5-7). But the Pats are gonna want more then that for him.

And the only reason I say that is because I dont like any of the QBs in this years draft. :-/
Old 02-14-2014, 01:02 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

I like Mallett, but only if the pick they gave up was a 4th rounder or lower.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Read we might have interest in Delmas. Not sure how him and Smith would fit.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:44 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Oh yeah, not to beat a dead horse.... but our tickets, even with the $4500 per seat psl, are increasing from $150 per seat to $300 per seat..... so there's that.

My father in law bought the actual seats where the tickets were (the season tickets date back to his father & the inaugural season Met Center) in the dome. And my wife bought me a chunk of Metrodome turf for Valentine's Day. What a gal.

There. Now i am done talking about how psls actually kept ticket prices lower for everyone.

Last edited by The_Dude : 02-16-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:51 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/M...ed_Allen022114

Quote:
First-year Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer has other things to worry about before the NFL draft in May.

Questions such as defensive scheme put the cart before the horse of negotiations with the Vikings' troop of free agents, which includes the team's highest-paid player from a year ago in defensive end Jared Allen.

An otherwise candid Zimmer gave out the boilerplate quote in his Friday press conference from the NFL Scouting Combine that he's 'hopeful' the team can come to terms with Allen.

"We'd love to sign all of our guys, obviously when I was in Cincinnati a year ago, we had a lot of free agents and weren't able to sign them all," Zimmer said. "Unfortunately in today's NFL we understand we're not going to be able to sign them all. Hopefully we can get worked out with [Allen] and we'll see how it goes."

'Worked out' likely means a massive salary reduction from the $17 million Allen earned in 2013 to a more reasonable price for what will be a 32-year-old defensive end come next season. The Vikings already extended one 30-plus defensive end in Brian Robison last season and also have a 26-year-old Everson Griffen to continue negotiations with.

Zimmer told NFL.com's Marc Sessler that the team 'hasn't talked about [franchise] tags at all' regarding Griffen, which falls in line with what Spielman said Thursday.

While general manager Rick Spielman and first-year offensive coordinator Norv Turner hammer out the plan at quarterback, Zimmer's forte and immediate focus appears to be on the Vikings' defense -- which finished last in scoring (480 points allowed) and gave up a NFL-record tying 37 touchdown passes (tied for most since 1970).

Pinning down the end next to Robison will be a key part of the equation for Zimmer to implement his style that proved successful as the defensive coordinator in Cincinnati. Regardless of who that defensive end is, Zimmer revealed the Vikings' roster needs 'a lot' of work.

"Anytime you finish 31st in the league [in yards allowed], you have a few holes," Zimmer said. "We're going to need a lot of good football players."

Zimmer ran a 4-3 scheme with the Bengals that predicated on a front-four pass rush and press corners that consistently thrived in man-to-man coverage. With the Vikings' personnel, it's likely Zimmer sticks with the 4-3 due to their extreme youth and age at the linebacker position.

Although Zimmer admitted he hasn't studied any college players yet, he's already conveyed the type of players he wants in Minnesota to his scouts.

"One of the first things we did was brought all the scouts in, put some tape on and talked about the different players we had in Cincinnati," Zimmer said. "Tried to show them: 'This is the techniques we play, this is what we're looking for.'"

But part of getting the players that 'fit the system' is moving on from the ones that don't.

With underwhelming players like Letroy Guion set to make $4.3 million next season and an aging Chad Greenway with a $8.2 million cap hit, shedding or restructuring players under contract -- as Spielman has noted -- will be a major part of Zimmer's roster overhaul to get the Vikings defense the way he wants it. 1500ESPN's Judd Zulgad broke down the team's free agents on Thursday.

"I've been so involved in looking at our players, free agency, just starting to get going on the draft," Zimmer said. "Really we'll start evaluating quarterbacks once we get back after the Combine. I haven't looked at any college football players yet."

Zimmer on Ponder

The Vikings' current quarterback scenario may be as unstable as any in the league, but that doesn't appear to be Zimmer's place in the discussions quite yet.

With former 12th-overall pick Christian Ponder as the only cadence caller under contract, Spielman has noted he'll lean heavily on guidance from first-year offensive coordinator Norv Turner, whose quarterback history includes passers from Troy Aikman to Kerry Collins to Brandon Weeden.

But Zimmer reserved complete judgment of Ponder until he can get on the field with him in April (if Ponder is still there.)

"I think everybody realizes Christian has a ton of ability, great arm, runs good, very bright guy," Zimmer said. "I think everybody wants him to live up to expectations that not only we have for him but he has for himself.

"The patience part...I'm not a patient person with anybody. I think once we get on the field, we'll figure those things out."

Patience is fleeting not only with Zimmer, but with most NFL front offices. The 'three-year' rule for quarterbacks has shrunk, just as the grace period for coaches has diminished. Patience is what likely earned Ponder his nine starts last season after Matt Cassel proved to be the better quarterback for the team.

But, as Zimmer said, he's not very patient and that likely won't bode well for Ponder.
Goodbye ****** Tampa 2. I am leaning towards the Vikings drafting Dennard (hopefully with a little trade down, but after a decent 40 time today the Vikes will probably have to grab him @ 8). A Rhodes/Dennard CB duo would be pretty sweet, especially considering who we have to play twice a year, every year.

Last edited by The_Dude : 02-25-2014 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carlson was released
Old 03-04-2014, 05:08 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

Good deal.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:51 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

Sucks that he couldn't get healthy, but TE is a spot the Vikings are deep at. With Rudolph, Ellison and Ford they'll be fine.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Childs and Guion got cut.
Vikings4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:17 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

More cash to make a splash with a FA or two if they want to.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:22 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Vikings re-signed free agent Matt Cassel to a two-year contract.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:35 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

And re-upped Sherels.

I approve of both moves
Old 03-08-2014, 12:40 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
And re-upped Sherels.

I approve of both moves

Agreed. Sherels is decent DB depth and a good PR. I think Cassel will be a good fit for Turner's offense (He was one of the top-10 most accurate deep passers a year ago, per PFF).