Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 03-12-2014, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN says Captain Munnerlyn is visiting.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:13 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
Yes please. I would love to get him to help out our secondary.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fred Evans signed to a one year deal.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:13 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Vikings signed CB Captain Munnerlyn to a three-year contract.

I approve of this.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:14 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like the secondary has a little captain in it. Good.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3 years, 14 million for Captain.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taber21 View Post
3 years, 14 million for Captain.
I'd say 4.6 a year is more than fair for him.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Derek Cox signed a 1 year deal.

I like it. If he plays like he did in Jax, he's a great pickup with some size to counter the huge WRs we have in the division. If he sucks like in SD, he gets cut.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Derek Cox signed a 1 year deal.

I like it. If he plays like he did in Jax, he's a great pickup with some size to counter the huge WRs we have in the division. If he sucks like in SD, he gets cut.
Ya it's clearly a low risk signing. Hopefully Zimmer can get the best out of him. Can never have enough corners, especially in our division.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Jerome Simpson's coming back.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:56 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like it. Another 1 year contract.

I thought that he was great last year... great being a relative term, of course.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:34 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Like it. Another 1 year contract.

I thought that he was great last year... great being a relative term, of course.
I like it as well. Now if he has consistent QB play I'm sure he could be great.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:21 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Simpson on a 1-year deal is fine by me. I think he could really pitch in with the Turner style of offense.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:41 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Cook signed with the 49ers. Addition through subtraction....
Old 03-14-2014, 08:45 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Simpson on another one year deal is a good signing. He'll provide very good depth at WR, where the Vikings top 4 is very good now with Jennings, Patterson, Wright and Simpson.

The Derek Cox numbers are official: 1 year, no guarantees, $730k base, $50k workout bonus, and up to $220k in playing time incentives. Another cheap signing for depth with potential to work out well.

Fred Evans's deal was quite similar: 1 year, no guarantees, $900k base, $100k workout bones, and up to $250k in playing time incentives. Good cheap depth at NT.

The Captain Munnerlyn deal was also cheaper than initially reported: 3 years, $11.25 M, $4.45 M guaranteed, can earn another $3.3 M in incentives and escalators. His cap # for 2014 is only $2.83 M.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:37 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

Oops.......

Last edited by The_Dude : 03-15-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:40 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

Old 03-15-2014, 04:42 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

Sounds like the Vikings reupped with Charlie Johnson. 2 years, 5 million. *Sigh* well, the offseason started good anyways.

Last edited by the_legend_killer : 03-15-2014 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:52 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eh, he's an ok depth guy. I hope that they are not counting on him to start.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:05 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At that price, they're paying him to start, a low end starter at that though. I don't mind this signing at all. He's not a terrible starter, but can be upgraded for sure. I'd rather re-sign him than sign any of the FA guards out there. If the best player at any point in the draft is a guard, I'd expect them to take him, but it makes it so they don't have to reach on one or risk move into the season with Berger as the starter at LG. There are a lot worse signings they could make than this.

In other news, the Vikings restructured the contracts of Chad Greenway, Jamarca Sanford, and Jerome Felton. In all, they saved $1.75 M in cap space, and $2.25 M cash.

The biggest thing that several of these signings have done is they really allow the Vikings to draft the best player available come draft time and not have the need to reach on anyone at any position due to need other than maybe LB at this point. Going into the offseason, the Vikings big needs were (in no particular order): QB, OG, DE, NT, OLB, MLB, CB, S. They definitely need a young QB, but with Cassell back, it affords them the ability to develop someone rather than need to start them. More talent is definitely needed at CB, but they're already ahead of where they were all of last year with Rhodes, Munnerlyn, Robinson, Cox, and Sherels as Rhodes will be further advanced and I think I can safely say we'd all rather have Captain than Cook. DT is pretty well set other than depth at UT, the starters are locked in at DE, so it's really just depth, although a talented rotational guy would be nice. WR is pretty well set with the signing of Simpson as a top 4 of Jennings, Patterson, Wright, and Simpson is damn good. A starter at S next to Smith would be nice, but Sanford and Sendejo are solid. The Jasper Brinkley signing may help out some at MLB, but I'm not expecting much if anything from him, but even without him there'd be worse options than giving Audie Cole a chance. That leaves OLB as the only big need position the Vikings haven't done anything at this offseason. Yea, they haven't completely filled all those needs to the point where I'd be satisfied going into the season, but they've done enough so that none of them are glaring needs (other than OLB obviously) at least for this year, such as QB, where a QB for the future is much needed.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Last edited by marshallb : 03-15-2014 at 07:21 PM.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

According to PFT, the Vikings still have almost 15.5 million of cap space left.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:28 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

Still enough to go get another moderately priced person if they want. But with 5 mil or so going to rookies, no need to blow it just to blow it. Going into camp with 7-10 mil extra isn't a bad thing.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:07 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings signed Tom Johnson, who was a former DT for the New Orleans Saints. They have also signed Corey Wooten from the Chicago Bears. Wooten is coming off hip surgery but I'm really liking our D-Line right now. So much depth.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:01 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

I'm starting to wonder if they aren't comfortable with Floyd getting a lot of snaps just yet. But I do like that we are not regurgitating the same d tackles we have been over the last few seasons.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:57 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
I'm starting to wonder if they aren't comfortable with Floyd getting a lot of snaps just yet. But I do like that we are not regurgitating the same d tackles we have been over the last few seasons.
From what I hear from Bengals fans is that Zimmer likes to rotate on the D-Line and keep everyone fresh.