Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 08-30-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know he's old, but anyone interested in Willie Anderson? I would think that at the very least he'd be a nice upgrade over Cook on the right side.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...llie-anderson/
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
I know he's old, but anyone interested in Willie Anderson? I would think that at the very least he'd be a nice upgrade over Cook on the right side.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...llie-anderson/
It'd be a nice depth signing, but it would probably only be a one-year deal. Makes too much sense to actually happen.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
It'd be a nice depth signing, but it would probably only be a one-year deal. Makes too much sense to actually happen.
Yeah, I was out all day today and Didn't even know who was cut till about 9:30 and I saw Willie Anderson was cut and I'm like Vikings get on him. Im wondering if he can play LT for 4 games lol.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Makes too much sense to actually happen.
Vikings quote of the year....

I couldn't agree more.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 02:43 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little surprised that Rufus Alexander didn't make the team and Hussain Abdullah did.

Last edited by yo123 : 08-31-2008 at 02:45 AM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Practice Squad:

* DE Martail Burnett, DE, rookie, Utah
* G Brian Daniels, G, first year, Colorado
* Leger Douzable, DT, rookie, Central Florida
* Jaymar Johnson, WR, rookie, Jackson State
* Tim Mattran, C, rookie, Stanford
* Darius Reynaud, WR, West Virginia
* Marcus Walker, CB, rookie, Oklahoma
* Albert Young RB, rookie, Iowa

Per StarTribune.com
Old 08-31-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Heisman
Rookie

Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

where did nance end up?
Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:08 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisman View Post
where did nance end up?
Well I havent seen any news yet on about him. I just go to news.google.com and type in Martin Nance and nothing yet saying he signed with anyone so im guessing he is a FA Still.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:30 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Just say a commercial on NFL Network. Adrian Peterson can't throw for ****!
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Just say a commercial on NFL Network. Adrian Peterson can't throw for ****!
Was it the one with the kids and he is throwing against kids? Im pretty sure he did it on purpose...to make the kid feel better about them self on how far they threw the ball and how they out passed Adrian. So Im pretty sure his arm would be alright but there is a reason why he is a RB and not a QB.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who doesn't think we are seeing enough Chester Taylor? 9 carries in 2 games. We have the best 1-2 punch in football, lets use both so Peterson doesn't collapse down the stretch.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:49 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't think we are seeing enough Chester Taylor? 9 carries in 2 games. We have the best 1-2 punch in football, lets use both so Peterson doesn't collapse down the stretch.
No, your not. CT on kickoffs and sparingly is not good at all.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do like the way Taylor returns. Looked real good in person the other day.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
I do like the way Taylor returns. Looked real good in person the other day.

I like Allison back there more, it seems like he does a good job whenever they give him a chance, I don't get why he's not our full time return man.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you all think of having Kleinsasser some more looks at TE in the passing game? I know he gets used as an extra lineman, but i think the guy still has some hands. Gotta be better then stonehands shank-o. :-)
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3593304

:) Please don't end up being another Kelly Holcomb situation.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3593304

:) Please don't end up being another Kelly Holcomb situation.

This is the right move. I feel a little bad for Tarvaris, because from what I hear he has put the time in to try and make himself a good QB, but he just doesn't have it.

The last two games have shown exactly what Vikings fans have been saying all along. With even decent QB play we can be a contender. Even with brutal QB play we lost to two top 5 teams by a combined 8 teams. If Frerotte can just hit open receivers and move the chains on some 3rd downs we can get right back into the playoff race. Then again that's about what I said when before the Kelly Holcob experience last year so we'll see how it goes.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:45 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is the right move. However, Frerotte is not the answer down the road. I know its early to talk about it. But would Jackson be the guy in the 2010 season? Or would we bring someone in?

And also...What about Childress? If the Vikings have a bad season will he be there next year?

So many questions.........

I just want to see a trophy in Minnesota. I've been waiting for it for 17 years. It's time to see it. I'm getting impatient.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
It is the right move. However, Frerotte is not the answer down the road. I know its early to talk about it. But would Jackson be the guy in the 2010 season? Or would we bring someone in?

And also...What about Childress? If the Vikings have a bad season will he be there next year?

So many questions.........

I just want to see a trophy in Minnesota. I've been waiting for it for 17 years. It's time to see it. I'm getting impatient.
Since Jackson has proven he cannot be the decent QB we need I think we need to explore all our options and get someone who can step in for a couple years, really all we need is someone who can be average. I mean it would be great if we could get a good QB here but it doesn't look like that will happen. More then anything Childress needs to go. He has proven time and time again that he is a terrible coach. Not only can he not motivate his players but he is a horrendous playcaller. He really does suck at every aspect of coaching. I still have hope for this season but even if we win every game from here on out I hope Childress is fired. I cannot see us ever winning or even appearing in a Superbowl with him as coach.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They may give Jackson a shot to win it next year, but I wouldn't mind seeing them give The JDB a few years to watch and then see what he can do. He's built for the WCO.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:04 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
but I wouldn't mind seeing them give The JDB a few years to watch and then see what he can do. He's built for the WCO.
more inexperience at the quarterback situation? just what we need...

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Im not sure Zygi has the patients for another young QB I see them making a play for a young but experienced qb( Cassill Rosenfels Wallace Anderson ) With emphisis on THE SENECA WALLACE you know the guy who has been under Holmgrens hands. HOLMGREN QB'S 5 SUPERBOWL APPEARENCES COUNTLESS PROBOWLS AND DECADES OF STARTING EXPERIENCE COMPARED TO THE GUY WHO WASNT EVEN TRUSTED TO CALL THE PLAYS FOR THE QB HE SUPPOSEDLY MOLDED. PLEASE ZYGI READ THIS POST AND GO AND GET THE QB THAT YOU WERE DUPED INTO BELIEVING TAVARIS WOULD BECOME. SENECA WALLACE. THERE IS A REASON THIS GUY HAS STAYED AROUND AS A BACK UP AND HOLMGREN KEEPS HIM UNDER HIS WING AND ITS NOT FOR TRICK PLAYS LIKE KORDELL STEWART
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

If we don't make the playoffs this year Tarvaris Jackson has no future with this team. It's as easy as that.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Im not sure the guy has a future in the arena football league. he throws 3 yard passes 70 mph.
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

lets just put adrian peterson at quarterback. he can do everything else. ha. just kidding.

more on a serious note...

WHO COACHES OUR TEAM???? OH YEAH....BRAD FREAKIN CHILDRESS. HE WILL NOT DO JACK**** FOR US. HE WONT TRADE FOR ANOTHER QB, HE WONT DRAFT A FREAKIN TIGHT END THAT WILL REPLACE OUR CRAPPY TIGHT END.

my aplogies...i didnt mean to blow up there.

for serious? you really think that thats going to happen? lets fire childress and make frazier the head coach.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.