Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 05-23-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
Looks like Pat and Kevin are one step closer to a suspension...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4200775
Not necessarily, if you read this article from Pro Football Talk, it says that they still have a chance, in fact a fairly good one.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...ll-has-a-case/

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
B-rand
Rookie

B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Not necessarily, if you read this article from Pro Football Talk, it says that they still have a chance, in fact a fairly good one.
The Star Tribune has been sending their readers to PFT and Florio's articles because Florio is a lawyer, he's able to understand all this and put into terms regular ppl can understand.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I work at the Chaska Town Course in Chaska, MN and Phil Loadholt was out at the course today. He is HUGE!!! I got him to sign a Vikings hat that I had in my car which was pretty cool. He is a very nice guy and seemed real down to earth.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
So I work at the Chaska Town Course in Chaska, MN and Phil Loadholt was out at the course today. He is HUGE!!! I got him to sign a Vikings hat that I had in my car which was pretty cool. He is a very nice guy and seemed real down to earth.
that's pretty cool.

B-Rand, I saw that too, but I found that by just checking on PFT. Florio also has another post up about it too, but I don't have the time right now to find it.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:32 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Judging from that article it seems to me that there's really nothing the NFL will be able to do in this case, as the NFL would be violating the laws of the state of Minnesota when it comes to employee/employer relations, if they were to suspend the Williams Wall for consuming a legal product outside of the organizations premises.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:14 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Judging from that article it seems to me that there's really nothing the NFL will be able to do in this case, as the NFL would be violating the laws of the state of Minnesota when it comes to employee/employer relations, if they were to suspend the Williams Wall for consuming a legal product outside of the organizations premises.
It may not be as much of an open and shut case as it seemd I ran across this ineresting article. I still think they win but I can see the NFL possibly being able to make an arguement out ot this.

Quote:
During a Saturday appearance with Howard Balzer and Alex Marvez of Sirius NFL Radio, Balzer posed a great question to yours truly regarding the possible suspension of Vikings defensive tackles Kevin and Pat Williams.

Isn’t the league the Williamses’ employer, for the purposes of the four-game suspension?

If so, then Minnesota law potentially wouldn’t apply and, in turn, statutory protections that would seem to prevent the suspensions would not be an issue.

The answer, as we surmised on a “from the hip” basis in response to Howard’s question, is no.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello confirmed this reality via e-mail on Monday: “The clubs as members of the league are bound to terms of the collectively bargained drug programs that cover all players. The discipline for those programs is imposed by the league.”

A league source was more explicit in this regard.

“The club is the employer,” the source said. “The league stresses that regularly (when it serves its purpose to do so). . . . The club is the employer, but its ability to discipline is governed/restricted by the CBA.”

So, basically, the Vikings are the employers of Kevin and Pat Williams, and the suspensions ultimately are being imposed by their employers pursuant to the terms of a collective bargaining agreement that covers employers in 21 different states. And so, if Minnesota state law prevents the Vikings from implementing these suspensions, the NFL necessarily will be precluded from forcing the Vikings to keep them from playing.

There’s another great question that several readers also have posed: Can the league impose the suspensions for Vikings’ games not played in Minnesota?

Though Aiello has declined to address this question because the league believes the suspensions ultimately will be upheld, we think that, if the suspensions are blocked under Minnesota law, the ruling will apply both to home games and road games.

The players remain employees of a Minnesota employer, regardless of whether the workplace is Minneapolis or Detroit or somewhere else on a given Sunday
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...-pat-williams/
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:16 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another interesting article I ran across basically letting you get to know Percy Harvin better...

Quote:
When you read stuff about me, you'd think I'm always evil. But I'm actually kind of a goofy person. I'm a real outgoing person.

Regrets? Just in my past. Just in the way I handled things. I always shouted and yelled, and even though I was right, I didn't go about it the right way. If I learned that at a younger age, a lot of my problems wouldn't have occurred.

My stepdad grew up working with the homeless. So if I drive past someone who's homeless on the side of the street, I have to stop.

My grandmother said, "If you ever dream of a black snake, be careful what you do the next day." I ended up dreaming of a black snake, and I had the worst day of my life. It was two years ago. I was in college. I can't even tell you what the worst thing was. One of the bad things was I missed practice and all the workouts that day. That was the only time I dreamed of a black snake.

My worst fear is spiders. We had a shed for our bikes. One day when I was in middle school, it was kind of dark, and I walked into a spider web, and they crawled all over my face.

My biggest pet peeve? You know when girls take a shower and they leave their hair in the tub, or they leave hair in the sink and you go to brush your teeth? That irks me. That disturbs me a lot.

Being known as a great NFL player probably is my No. 1 thing, other than being a great teammate and helping my team win.

If I had a time machine, I'd like to go back to the dinosaur age. I always wanted to see T-Rex. I'd like to see how big and how mean he actually was.

Favorite cartoon? It was the Power Rangers. I even had the little costume. White Tiger. I used to love him. I watched it every morning before I went to school.

If I could be like any superhero, it would be Wolverine (from X-Men). Playing football, you always get hurt. I'd like to be able to heal up by myself. And "X-Men" is one of my favorite movies. Wolverine is my favorite character.

In high school, I played football, basketball and ran track. In basketball, I could play anywhere from the point guard to the small forward. I always was physical, so I could go down there and get rebounds and box out. I averaged about 20 points, six rebounds and five assists. In track, my fastest time in the 100 was 10.25 seconds, and my fastest 200 was 22.08. I won state my junior year. I didn't run my senior year. I concentrated on football.

My mother has had the biggest influence in my life. I always admired her. She raised me, and with everything I went through, she was always there. She was always strong. The thing I learned from her is that a person is measured when they're on the bottom. Everybody always seems to think when you're on the top getting all the awards that that's when you're measured. But actually it's when you get knocked down and have the ability to get up and keep fighting.

The worst thing I did as a kid? My sister is two years older than me. I was about 5 or 6. We had a slanted driveway, and my sister and I were in the car and just playing with the shift. We put it in reverse and we backed up into the neighbor's house. It ran through the garage, so we had to repair the garage wall.

When I was a kid, I always wanted to be a football player. I was big into basketball, too. As a kid, basketball probably was my favorite sport. In high school, I got a couple of offers for basketball, but I got the real ones for football. So I decided not to play basketball after my junior year. I concentrated on football.

I'm real grumpy after a loss. I don't like losing. I haven't lost many games in my career.

The best day of my life? I would say it was when we won the national championship last year. We had a lot of adversity that year, and everybody came together at once for that last game.

Probably my favorite comedian is Katt Williams. I've got all his DVDs. He can stand there and not say anything and I'd probably laugh.

The funniest movie? I would say it was the first "Friday" with Ice Cube and Chris Tucker.

My favorite movie all-time would be "Bourne Ultimatum" with Matt Damon.

Denzel Washington is the best actor of all time. He's got to be at the top of everybody's list.

Actress? Angelina Jolie.

I'd want my last meal to be fried pork chops, collard greens, macaroni and cheese and a biscuit. I'd wash it down with a Pepsi.

I cook for myself. My best meal probably is lasagna.

My friends would describe me as very competitive, very outgoing and probably goofy.

If my house were burning down, I'd want to make sure I got out the picture of my mom and me from when I was in high school. It was in the newspaper. I'm sitting down, and she has her hands around me. It was kind of the turning point of my high school career. It kept me going the right way. That picture is on my wall. It's hanging above my bed. It was from when I signed my letter of intent.

The best book I ever read was "Cat in the Hat." That's probably the first book I read by myself.

I play video games. I'm good at it. I play Madden, NBA Live. I lose once in a blue moon. I play live on Xbox. I play Madden on PlayStation 2.

My new teammates would be surprised to know that I listen to slow jam more than I listen to rap. My favorite musician is the rapper Jadakiss. I also like RB.

I don't sing. Oh, no. Simon Cowell would tell me, "You are terrible."

I probably won't buy anything for myself when I sign my contract. I'll let my mom do what she has to do to get settled. (His mother plans to move to Minnesota.)

I never miss "Saved by the Bell." It comes on at different times during the day.

I wouldn't change anything about my life. I learned from all the stuff that happened to me.

The best advice I ever got was from my mother, and I heard it from every coach. They said, "If you've got to think about it, don't do it."

The worst advice? My friends always said, "If the shoe fits, wear it." That wasn't always the case with women. Some of the shoes fit, but I shouldn't have worn it. (Laughs.)

If I could trade places for a day with anyone, it would be my old (Florida) teammate, Tim Tebow. Some of the stuff and some of the girls and things that were thrown at him. We saw all kind of actors and news reporters just kind of blatantly say, "Tebow, I want you." And he turned them down. I'm looking at him, like, "Man, you are crazy."

I want my epitaph to say, "Here lies Percy Harvin, who was strong and brave."
http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_12443633?source=rss
Old 05-26-2009, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.

Pat Williams on Tarvaris Jackson:

Quote:
Williams also offered an interesting take on Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson, who is trying to stave off Sage Rosenfels and keep his starting job. "I talk to Tarvaris all the time (and) tell him you have to put in the time," Williams said. "This ain't college no more. This is the NFL. You have to put in more time than you are used to putting in. If you are putting in four hours, you have to put in eight. You have to put in more time than what he's doing. I think if he puts the right time in, he will be a great quarterback in the league."
Manic Depressant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

More news on the case of Pat & Kevin Williams...

Quote:
MINNEAPOLIS -- The NFL filed notice Tuesday that it plans to appeal a federal judge's ruling in the case of two Minnesota Vikings players facing suspensions over positive drug tests.

U.S. District Judge Paul Magnuson last week threw out most of the claims by Vikings defensive tackles Kevin Williams and Pat Williams. He also dismissed a lawsuit brought by the NFL players' union on behalf of the Williamses and three New Orleans Saints players also facing suspension.

But Magnuson sent the Williamses' two remaining claims to state court.

In Tuesday's filing, the NFL said it ask the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals to review whether Magnuson misapplied federal law when he didn't dismiss those two claims outright.

The NFL Players Association and the Williamses say NFL officials knew a weight-loss supplement called StarCaps contained the banned diuretic bumetanide back in 2006, even though it wasn't listed on the label, and that the league should have notified players and federal regulators. The NFL bans bumetanide because it can be used as a masking agent for steroids.

The Williamses were not accused of taking steroids.

The Williamses, who are not related, are seeking to have their four-game suspensions overturned, as well as monetary damages. An injunction allowing the Williamses to continue playing remains in place.

In his ruling last Friday, Magnuson said the NFL's policy is clear: Players are responsible for what they put in their bodies, and inadvertently ingesting a banned substance is not an excuse.

But the judge sent back to state court the Williamses' claims involving Minnesota laws on when and how employers can require their employees to submit to drug testing, and prohibiting Minnesota employers from disciplining employees for using a legal substance offsite during nonworking hours.

"The NFL has a policy that prohibits the use of performance enhancing drugs," the league said in a statement. "That policy applies nationwide to all 32 NFL teams and their employees."

It noted that Magnuson recognized that federal law permits nationwide policy, and the NFL policy was reached through collective bargaining. It urged that any state law claims inconsistent with federal labor law should be dismissed.

It's not clear if the union will file its own appeal. Union attorney Jeffrey Kessler was out of the country Tuesday and could not be immediately reached for comment, his office said.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4206360

Once again the NFL is trying to keep this case out of MN state courts. It would seem to suggest that the NFL thinks the players have a good chance of victory in the MN state courts.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sage Rosenfels can suck it...GO TARVARIS!!!!

/input
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
More news on the case of Pat & Kevin Williams...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4206360

Once again the NFL is trying to keep this case out of MN state courts. It would seem to suggest that the NFL thinks the players have a good chance of victory in the MN state courts.
Might as well take that **** to the supreme court.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Winfield absent
May 29th, 2009 – 2:56 PM by Judd Zulgad

Vikings cornerback Antoine Winfield is not on the field as the Vikings opened their minicamp today. Because it’s one of the mandatory team functions, the team can fine the veteran defensive back. Contract talks between Winfield and the team broke down about a month ago. We’ll be back on later with an update from coach Brad Childress.
Don't be cheap and just sign him. Without Winfield our CB Core looks terrible.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed. That's the big concern with trying to skate by this year and then franchise him next spring. He knows that will be the most likely scenario and goes the holdout route. Lawd knows a holdout and Favre saga for a month or 3 would just be a nightmare.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guess its not as serious as I thought. He had a good reason for missing practice.

Quote:
Childress: Winfield Is Attending A Funeral
Posted by Aaron Wilson on May 29, 2009, 6:00 p.m. EDT

Pro Bowl cornerback Antoine Winfield is absent from the Minnesota Vikings’ mandatory minicamp because he’s attending the funeral of a good friend’s mother, Vikings coach Brad Childress said.

According to Tim Yotter of VikingUpdate.com, Childress said he had lunch with Winfield on Wednesday.

Although contract talks between the Vikings and Winfield’s agent have stalled, this absence from minicamp is apparently an excused one even though Childress didn’t specifically say that.

“You know, we kind of deal with that internally,” said Childress, according to Chip Scoggins of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.

According to Childress, Winfield won’t be at the final two days of the minicamp as the funeral is out of town and is scheduled for Saturday.

Childress, who said he spoke with Webb’s agent, Ashanti Webb this week, said that he didn’t think that Winfield’s absence was related to his contract situation.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Yea, I was a little concerned when I saw that Winfield wasn't there, but I felt a lot better about it when I saw why. Antoine never seemed like the guy who would holdout and force a new contract or anything like that, so I was quite surprised when they said he wasn't there..

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 05-29-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Here are some notes from minicamp.
Quote:
We both put this on Twitter but rookie wide receiver Percy Harvin is very fast and explosive. Harvin made several nice plays down the field and showed off his speed. We’re prohibited from divulging too much information from practice such as specific formations and plays but I think it’s fair to note that the coaches continue to move Harvin all over the field, including in the backfield.

Here is what linebacker Ben Leber said about Harvin: “We were talking about AP’s first year and everybody was throwing the word around ‘explosive.’ I think it’s same thing you can say about Percy. He’s explosive. You definitely want to get the ball in his hands.”

Defensive end Jared Allen said the first day is used to shake off rust. “If you looked at me right now on film you would think I was a garbage rookie. Each year is the same. It starts on Day 1. I’ll go in and get yelled at for doing something wrong and then we’ll come out tomorrow and make it look all good.”

Asked about his health after playing through knee and shoulder injuries last season, Allen said he feels good and included a caveat: “I didn’t forget about all those people who hurt me either so it’s on.”

Rookie Phil Loadholt worked with the first team at right tackle while Ryan Cook was at right guard in place of Anthony Herrera, whose still working his way back from offseason surgery.

Brad Childress said Herrera and tackle Artis Hicks will continue to be somewhat limited until training camp while they regain their strength.
It’s going to be an interesting competition to see who gets that final spot at receiver. The Vikings kept five last season. It should be a spirited competition between Aundrae Allison, Glenn Holt, Darius Reynaud and Jaymar Johnson.

The Vikings have good depth at defensive line with backups Fred Evans, Brian Robison, Jayme Mitchell, Letroy Guion, Jimmy Kennedy and if Kenechi Udeze can complete his remarkable comeback.

E.J. Henderson was back working with the first team at middle linebacker after playing in only four games last season because of two dislocated toes on his left foot. Henderson has declared himself to be 100 percent and looked to be moving very well while working between Chad Greenway and Ben Leber.
Nose tackle Pat Williams, who underwent minor surgery on his knee after the season, was wearing a brace-like wrap on his left knee. Linebacker Heath Farwell and defensive end Jayme Mitchell, who both suffered season-ending injuries during the 2008 preseason, also are wearing braces.

Childress and newcomer Sage Rosenfels spent several minutes talking on the field following practice. Rosenfels continues to learn the Vikings offense. In one-on-one drills, Rosenfels threw a nice pass that Bobby Wade caught about 40 yards down field after beating cornerback Marcus McCauley.

John David Booty is the forgotten man when it comes to Vikings quarterbacks but he looked good on Friday. Booty has definitely either lost weight or shifted it around to the point where he looks to be in much better shape. Booty connected with rookie wide receiver Percy Harvin in one drill on what appeared to be about a 40-yard pass down the right sideline. Harvin beat cornerback Derrick Roberson on the play.

The first-team offensive line to start drills included Bryant McKinnie at left tackle, Steve Hutchinson at left guard, John Sullivan at center, Ryan Cook at right guard and Phil Loadholt at right tackle. Loadholt, who is listed at 6-8, 343 pounds and is definitely bigger than McKinnie (6-8, 335 pounds), was used on just about every possible unit (first, second and third team) at right tackle.

At one point, Brian Daniels got reps with the first team at right guard and Cook was back at right tackle.

Sullivan is your center, folks. He’s going to get every chance to win this job. Rookie free agents Jon Cooper (Oklahoma) and Juan Garcia (Washington) are battling behind Sullivan.

One of the more interesting plays of the day came in team drills when Brian Robison tipped Tarvaris Jackson’s pass at the line of scrimmage. The ball went into the air and wide receiver Darius Reynaud had the presence of mind to catch the pass.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 05-30-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
John Sullivan at center, Ryan Cook at right guard and Phil Loadholt at right tackle.
No wonder he isn't consistent. He is moved around to every position on the freakin line.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
No wonder he isn't consistent. He is moved around to every position on the freakin line.
well I dont think he will be making the first string OL anyways. Herrea will be back to take over the RG position and Loadholt will solidify the RT. Pretty much the only question is the C and if Sullivan can come in and play decent and doesnt have problem with the QB's then we should have a solid Line.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:12 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Eh Ryan Cook will have to get used to switching positions. Best case scenario is for him to become a multi positon backup kinda like Artis Hicks is now. Although unlike Hicks(Who can backup all 5 spots) he would only be able to play 3 positons(C, RG, and RT).
Old 05-30-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Some more news from the Kevin & Pat Williams front line. Aaparently the NFL and NFLPA lawyers were admist discussions for a settlement before Magnuson ruled.

Quote:
The five players facing penalties in the StarCaps case nearly had a deal to avoid any suspensions, according to four sources with knowledge of the discussions.

During settlement talks as recent as May 22, sources said the league was willing to set aside the four-game suspensions for Charles Grant(notes), Deuce McAllister(notes), Will Smith(notes), Kevin Williams(notes) and Pat Williams(notes), but were asking the players to pay a “six-figure” fine instead. In addition, the union requested that appeals of suspensions no longer be heard by commissioner Roger Goodell or someone in the league office, according to three of the four aforementioned sources.

Conversely, the league didn’t want to give up that right because it considered the issue to be an important element of upcoming talks over a new collective bargaining agreement...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

I wouldn't be suprised if the NFL started talking a settlement with Peter Ginsberg(Kevin & Pat Williams Lawyer). Kevin & Pat have a bit more leverage now as it is obvious the league doesn't want this thing to get to MN State Courts so maybe they can work this out. Also I don't think Peter Ginsberg will try to push for a new appeal structure from the NFL so that hurdle shouldn't be there.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
Some more news from the Kevin & Pat Williams front line. Aaparently the NFL and NFLPA lawyers were admist discussions for a settlement before Magnuson ruled.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

I wouldn't be suprised if the NFL started talking a settlement with Peter Ginsberg(Kevin & Pat Williams Lawyer). Kevin & Pat have a bit more leverage now as it is obvious the league doesn't want this thing to get to MN State Courts so maybe they can work this out. Also I don't think Peter Ginsberg will try to push for a new appeal structure from the NFL so that hurdle shouldn't be there.
I agree, and I think it would be smart for both sides. If the case is heard in state courts and the players win, then that looks bad for the NFL and sets a precedence. For the Williamses, if they were to lose, then they have to serve that 4 game suspension, they may not get their lawsuit money, but they'd at least get to play and not have to forfeit their paychecks.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 05-31-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

All I have to say with this picture is wtf...Jared Allen told him to get it so at least it wasn't his idea.

Here are some of the Highlights of the Minicamp this past weekend.

Quote:
The Vikings have more OTAs starting Tuesday. They are not mandatory, but Brad Childress said everyone is invited. We’ll have more this week, but here is a recap from the weekend.

* The competition between Sage Rosenfels and Tarvaris Jackson heated up as Childress said both quarterbacks had bright moments this weekend. It’s hard to tell if one moved ahead of the other, but I will say I thought Rosenfels had a very good practice today. He looked sharp throwing the ball, particularly in team drills. He threw a perfect ball to Bernard Berrian over two defenders for a touchdown and he connected with Percy Harvin on a superb touchdown catch in the corner of the end zone. Both Jackson and Rosenfels seemed to get equal reps with the first team.
* The story of the weekend was Harvin. It doesn’t take a football genius to see that he is a special talent. His speed and athletic ability stand out whether it’s individual drills, 7-on-7 or full team drills. He definitely created a buzz amongst players, team personnel and media members with his versatility and playmaking. The Vikings now have two dynamic playmakers in Adrian Peterson and Harvin.
* Childress didn’t seem too inclined to add the Wildcat formation to his playbook last season, but Harvin’s arrival has sparked new ideas. Chester Taylor looked pretty comfortable taking the direct snap too, but Harvin seems to be a natural at it. Offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell said the coaches have put in roughly 15 new plays just for Harvin, which tells you what they think of his talent.
* Antoine Winfield’s absence was the big story Friday because of his contract situation. Childress said Winfield missed all three days to attend the funeral of his close friend’s mother. Childress declined to say whether it was an excused absence. We’ll see how this situation plays out this week and whether Winfield shows up for the voluntary OTAs.
* It was great to see Kenechi Udeze back on the field after missing last season while battling leukemia. Udeze said he still has some physical hurdles to clear, but he looked extremely happy to be back with his teammates. It’s too early to even guess how much he can contribute this season, but he seems very determined to make it all the way back.
* The Vikings did a solid job filling in after E.J. Henderson suffered a season-ending foot injury, but the defense looks so much stronger with Henderson at middle linebacker. Defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier said Henderson’s return “does my heart some good.” Henderson appeared to be 100 percent and was moving around well.
* I talked to Sidney Rice after practice today and he said his right knee gave him no problems this weekend. Rice made a difficult touchdown catch on the final play of the minicamp. I still think he can be a key part of the offense if he can stay healthy.
* Childress said center John Sullivan showed that “he can handle his own in there.” Sullivan is going to be the starting center and Childress said he’s comfortable with that position. Veteran Matt Birk made all the calls at the line when he was here and Sullivan seems to be handling that responsibility well. Rosenfels said he hasn’t detected any problems or any hesitancy from Sullivan in that regard.
* Rookie right tackle Phil Loadholt had a false start penalty in team period Saturday and will have more growing pains, but I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t win that job. Loadholt is just enormous with long arms, plays physical and seems to move well. Loadholt and Bryant McKinnie would give the Vikings a massive tackle tandem.
* Both Childress and Frazier said second-year safety Tyrell Johnson is vastly improved and benefitted greatly from starting in place of an injured Madieu Williams last season. Judd will have more on that tomorrow.
* It should be a good competition between Albert Young and rookie Ian Johnson for the No. 3 running back job.
* Judd pointed this out today but tight end Visanthe Shiancoe just looks completely confident catching the ball. It’s amazing how much he improved last season, especially his confidence.
* I think it’s safe to say Peterson is not going to show up at training camp weighing 230 pounds. Peterson said he lowered his body fat, added six pounds of muscle and now weighs 216.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kenechi Udeze returning is great news. It will take time to get back into playing shape but he will bring a ton of motivation to the entire team. Scary, really, now that Allen is in and the secondary addes some help.

Sidney Rice . . . who? lol. Like a 3rd WR will see many touches in the Vikes offense.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just cant bring myself to the notion of rallying for somebody named sage. What a truly ridiculous name.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:52 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
I just cant bring myself to the notion of rallying for somebody named sage. What a truly ridiculous name.
maybe he sweats the sweet smell of SAGE!

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.