Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 06-01-2009, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Kenechi Udeze returning is great news. It will take time to get back into playing shape but he will bring a ton of motivation to the entire team. Scary, really, now that Allen is in and the secondary addes some help.

Sidney Rice . . . who? lol. Like a 3rd WR will see many touches in the Vikes offense.
I think Sidney will end up as the 2nd WR instead of 3rd WR. From what I have read Percy Harvin will be in the slot most the time when he is on the field as a WR this season. So that leaves Bobby Wade and Sidney to compete for the #2 spot across from Berrian. A healthy Sidney Rice could definatly end up winning that competition. Atleast he had better win or he really won't see many touches out of the #4 spot.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:55 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idk, Bobby Wade was actaully pretty reliable last season. Healthy is the key word with Sidney. I think its do or die for him this year.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:42 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
I think Sidney will end up as the 2nd WR instead of 3rd WR. From what I have read Percy Harvin will be in the slot most the time when he is on the field as a WR this season. So that leaves Bobby Wade and Sidney to compete for the #2 spot across from Berrian. A healthy Sidney Rice could definatly end up winning that competition. Atleast he had better win or he really won't see many touches out of the #4 spot.
Even if he is the 2nd WR he still won't see the ball that often. Berrian and Harvin will see the majority of the targets with most of our offense coming through AD and Chester.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
Lawyers for the NFL say the league won’t try to enforce its four-game suspension of Minnesota Vikings Kevin Williams and Pat Williams for their use of a banned substance for the moment.

Attorneys for the Williamses and the NFL appeared Tuesday before Hennepin County District Judge Gary Larson as the star defensive tackles fight their four-game suspensions.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
So far so good, Lets just hope they win this.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Idk, Bobby Wade was actaully pretty reliable last season. Healthy is the key word with Sidney. I think its do or die for him this year.
Yea it will be an interesting battle, I agree Wade is more reliable right now. But I think Sidney could win while be slightly worse simply because he is young and they will want to give him a chance to develop into a starter. I also agree this is a make or break year for Sidney Rice, hopefully he stays healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34
Even if he is the 2nd WR he still won't see the ball that often. Berrian and Harvin will see the majority of the targets with most of our offense coming through AD and Chester.
It's difficult to gage how much they will target Percy Harvin in the passing game as of right now. There is a reason that most rookie WRs don't perform very well. Rookie WRs have some stuff he needs to adjust to and there is no way to tell how quickly Harvin will make the adjustment. I think right now aout 30 Rec is what Harvin will have, and our #2 WR wether it be Sidney Rice or Bobby Wade will get 40-50 Rec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
Lawyers for the NFL say the league won’t try to enforce its four-game suspension of Minnesota Vikings Kevin Williams and Pat Williams for their use of a banned substance for the moment.

Attorneys for the Williamses and the NFL appeared Tuesday before Hennepin County District Judge Gary Larson as the star defensive tackles fight their four-game suspensions.
The league really does not want to take a chance that they lose this case. I think if they can't get it out of MN State courts they will settle with Kevin and Pat Williams.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

shhhhhhhh.....

quiet everyone..please.

:-)
Old 06-11-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You shhhhhh.

Everybody is hibernating for the summer until the season starts.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to sources, Viking staff members to travel to Mississippi to work with Brett Favre. John Clayton is saying if the Shoulder/Arm is feeling well this is pretty much a done deal and Favre will be signing sometime in July.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:44 AM    (permalink
pete_norm
Rookie

pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, after last night's interview with Joe Buck, it really looks like Favre will be in Purple in september... I'm still not sure i like it, but i guess i'll have to stop fighting it and accept it. I now cross my fingers that his presence doesn't destroy the team spirit.
pete_norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Vikings beat writer Judd Zulgad would not be surprised if Tarvaris Jackson was the quarterback let go in the event of a Brett Favre signing.
Jackson is a personal favorite of Brad Childress, but he's entering the final year of his contract. The Vikes would have Sage Rosenfels backing up Favre and John David Booty as a developmental type. An available Jackson would be an upgrade on several backup situations around the league.
I much rather have Tarvaris Jackson on the bench to back up Favre rather than Sage.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
I much rather have Tarvaris Jackson on the bench to back up Favre rather than Sage.
i second that
Old 06-19-2009, 09:25 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_norm View Post
Well, after last night's interview with Joe Buck, it really looks like Favre will be in Purple in september... I'm still not sure i like it, but i guess i'll have to stop fighting it and accept it. I now cross my fingers that his presence doesn't destroy the team spirit.
I'm with you, but I'm less worried about him having a negative affect on team chemistry & spirit. Mostly I just think he sucks at this point in his career and don't really consider him an upgrade. He's always made questionable choices, but he no longer has the arm strength to get away with it unscathed.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:12 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree with that. Because evertime a Vikings qb leaves because they found someone better they always end up doing better. Jackson is way better than rosenfels

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to disagree. Sage is far from great and is interception prone, but at least he can move the chains somewhat consistently and hit the open receiver, something that I have yet to see from Jackson. The only thing T-Jack has on Sage is athleticism and running ability.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I'm going to disagree. Sage is far from great and is interception prone, but at least he can move the chains somewhat consistently and hit the open receiver, something that I have yet to see from Jackson. The only thing T-Jack has on Sage is athleticism and running ability.
That is the main reason why I dont want sage. His Interception problem. We turned the ball over enough last year we don't need any help in that. From the notes of the OTA's Sage has thrown a lot of interceptions. Also he has to learn the system which Tarvaris should know by now. He just needs to gain confidence.

Either way I don't feel that great about it anyways..We need a true Starting QB..Like Pennington or even Campbell who are FA's Next year.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:04 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is the main reason why I dont want sage. His Interception problem. We turned the ball over enough last year we don't need any help in that. From the notes of the OTA's Sage has thrown a lot of interceptions. Also he has to learn the system which Tarvaris should know by now. He just needs to gain confidence.

Either way I don't feel that great about it anyways..We need a true Starting QB..Like Pennington or even Campbell who are FA's Next year.
Pennington will be resigned next year. But Campbell is someone I could see playing qb for us. especially if Chilly dog gets fired. Leslie Frazier ftw!

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
Pennington will be resigned next year. But Campbell is someone I could see playing qb for us. especially if Chilly dog gets fired. Leslie Frazier ftw!
I read somewhere a while back that the Dolphins want to start Henne in 2010.

Yeah I would take Campbell..He hasnt been given a fair shot really. He has never had a stable offense scheme.

Old 06-20-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree on Campbell, the tools are definitely there and he has shown a lot of promise in the games I've watched him, although I know a lot of Skins fans are down on him.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

.Favre Already Under Contract With Vikings?
Posted by Mike Florio on June 21, 2009, 3:10 p.m.
As we prepare to join the NBC family, we’re making a conscious effort to get back to our roots.

Sure, we spend a lot of time commenting on news either broken by others or announced by the teams or the league. But we built our following primarily because we can get stuff that others don’t have — and because we can (and will) post rumors, without adhering to the two-source nonsense that paralyzes the flow of information about sports.

We caught wind this morning of a tip from a very unusual source. A member of the military — an officer serving in Afghanistan — contacted us with two eyebrow-raising-nuggets that had made their way to him on the other side of the globe, from credible sources.

We pondered using it even without corroboration under the thinking that, if a guy in harm’s way would get a thrill by fooling us into using a Bradshaw-Is-Dead-style rumor, then we’d be glad to give him that thrill in exchange for the sacrifices he’s making for the rest of us.

Because, however, we’ll soon be working with a legitimate media organization (or, as the case may be, undermining its legitimacy), we decided to poke around a bit.

After hitting a dead end, we got in touch with a source who would know the truth. The source explained that no information could be given, adding “I will not deny it either, I will leave it at that.”

So with that extended preface (you can wake up now, by the way), let’s get to the meat.

The rumor that the source would neither confirm nor deny is that the Vikings already have signed Brett Favre, and that the team and Favre are waiting to release the news.

If accurate, this means that the Vikings have a signed contract that they have yet to submit to the league office. Setting aside for now the question of whether league rules permit such tactics, it puts into perspective recent developments such as Favre’s use of “we” when discussing the matter with Artie Lange’s ******, the visit by a Vikings trainer to Favre to check on his arm, and reports that coach Brad Childress wanted to see Favre participate in some of the offseason workouts.

These details all make much more sense if Favre already is a member of the team.

The other bit of information, which we also posed to the source who declined to confirm or deny the rumor, is that the Vikings already have green-lighted the production by Reebok of purple jerseys bearing the number 4 — and the five-letter name that isn’t pronounced like it’s spelled.

None of this news should be regarded as earth shattering, but it’s the clearest sign yet that, come early 2010, Favre will be conducting his third annual retirement press conference.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

let the constant preemptive dick-sucking party begin!

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Brett Favre is still a douchebag. I don't care if he leads us to a Super Bowl I'll still hate that ******.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:34 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Brett Favre is still a douchebag. I don't care if he leads us to a Super Bowl I'll still hate that ******.
That is quoted for the truth. He has been the number one player I have disliked for 10+ years and one year will not change it. If he leads us to the Super Bowl then that's great but I will not change my mind on him.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:45 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

And although I think that he'll give us a better chance to win then Jackson or Rosenfel.

When Favre signs with the Vikes.....

I will just feel dirty.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:57 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I think Tavaris Jackson was your best option last year. I think he was pulled a little prematurely.

I have been rooting for this guy since the beginning, maybe thats why I think this though.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote