Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 07-21-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
October 5th Baby!!!! MNF!!!!

I will be going (and probably surrounded by Packer fans) and I am going to be taking the next day off.
That's good. Get drunk. Be happy. Win.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
BGB
Rookie

BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
Favre will break his leg the first game of the season if he is the QB of the Vikings. I will stand behind Jackson and say he is better than Favre until the day I die. I understand everyone's hostility, but I do believe in him more than I believe in Favre. Sorry.

Favre, the guy with the all time consecutive start record will break his leg and be replaced by the china doll Jackson who has missed several games in his short and unsuccessful career. That's pretty funny. Man the reason I even started coming to this board was to get away from all the bits on the KFAN chat board. I guess there everywhere.
BGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGB View Post
Favre, the guy with the all time consecutive start record will break his leg and be replaced by the china doll Jackson who has missed several games in his short and unsuccessful career. That's pretty funny. Man the reason I even started coming to this board was to get away from all the bits on the KFAN chat board. I guess there everywhere.

The KFAN board is a joke. I can't last more than a couple days there.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings, Winfield closing in on a deal?
Posted by Mike Florio on July 22, 2009 4:25 PM ET
The impasse between the Minnesota Vikings and Pro Bowl (finally) cornerback Antoine Winfield could be close to ending.

According to Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Winfield's agent was traveling to Minnesota earlier today.

"On my way to the Twin Cities now," Ashanti Webb said via text, in response to a question regarding the status of the negotiations.

Agents and teams often get together for face-to-face talks when a deal is believed to be close.

So, unless Brett Favre has fired Bus Cook and hired Webb, it appears that something could be cooking.

Speaking of Favre, it's possible that the Vikings want to get Winfield's deal out of the way before word breaks of the financial package that the team will be providing to a soon-to-be-40-year-old quarterback.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGB View Post
Hey man, I'm just stating a fact. Favre is too old and beat up to play anymore. And FYI, I have never listened to KFAN, let alone talk on their boards.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

saw this on startribune.com under Access Vikings.

Quote:
UPDATE: NFL.com’s Steve Wyche reported that Winfield and Webb are expected to meet with Vikings officials this afternoon to complete a multiyear deal, according to a source. Wyche said there are still a few issues to iron out but nothing that is a deal-breaker.
Great news. He deserves it.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
saw this on startribune.com under Access Vikings.

Great news. He deserves it.
Yes he does. I'm glad they're getting it done and it's not going to linger on during training camp and into the season.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:25 AM    (permalink
BGB
Rookie

BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Good for Winfield. Now they need to make sure they get Harvin signed ASAP. Training camp is already really short this year so Harvin cant afford to miss any of it. With all the differnt ways they are suppposed to be using him in the offense he's got a lot to learn.
BGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From the Star Tribune: http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=3059
Quote:
Don’t expect Brett Favre to make his announcement about joining the Vikings by Friday.

Favre is reportedly ”anguished about whether he should come out of retirement and join the team,” according to ESPN.com. Reporter Ed Weder, who has excellent sources in the Favre camp, wrote that Favre’s decision has become more difficult in recent days because of the efforts of Vikings players such as Adrian Peterson, Jared Allen and Steve Hutchinson to convince Favre that he should join the team. Sources have indicated that a few Vikings players have been in some type of contact with Favre in recent months.

“If it weren’t for the involvement of the Vikings players directly telling Brett they want him on their team, I think he might have already decided against playing again,'’ the source told Werder. The report also said this is not about money because Favre and the Vikings have agreed on a one-year contract worth approximately $10 million.

The source told ESPN that Favre is beginning to feel a sense of obligation to Vikings players and the coaching staff. Favre’s friend, Darrell Bevell, is the Vikings’ offensive coordinator and recently made a trip to Hattiesburg, Miss., to watch him throw. The possibility of Favre joining the Vikings has existed since he was released by the New York Jets from their reserve/retired list 87 days ago.

Favre, who will turn 40 years old on Oct. 10 and spent 16 of his 18 NFL seasons with the Packers, underwent arthroscopic surgery on his throwing arm in late May to release a partially torn biceps tendon. The arm was initially his main concern but he has been throwing on a regular basis to receivers at a high school in Hattiesburg. Vikings coach Brad Childress said Sunday he had not talked to Favre in a couple of weeks but did see television footage of Favre throwing and thought he looked good.

ESPN reports that Favre seldom has experienced pain in his throwing shoulder and that his arm feels better than it did last season when he was with the Jets. Favre retired last February in large part of the issues with his arm. However, Favre is concerned about being able to hold up for an entire 16-game season and the possible public backlash he would get if his body does break down.

Favre had said he would make a decision about playing by next Thursday, a day before the Vikings begin training camp practices. NFL.com, however, reported this week that those close to Favre expected his decision by Friday and that they expected him to return.

In an interview this week, Childress said he had confidence in his team whether Favre, Tarvaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels is his starting quarterback. “We’re going to be a good football team regardless,” Childress said. “That’s why I’m not getting my undies in a bunch of he’s in or if he’s out or, ‘I’ve got to know yesterday or I’ve got to know tomorrow.’ What’s going to be is going to be. I’m not driving that ship. To a degree we like to control what we can control but I don’t control that.”

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

And also from the Star Tribune: http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=3058

Asher Allen signs a four year deal. The dollar amount has not yet been released.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 07-23-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Winfield signs contract extension
July 23rd, 2009 2:20 PM by Chip Scoggins

Antoine Winfield has signed a contract extension. Judd is on the phone with Winfield as I type. He signed a five-year extension (they basically ripped up his final season).

Judd will post more when he gets off the phone with Winfield.
Excellent to hear. I knew it was coming since yesterdays news Just glad to see it actually done.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5 years ~ $36 million & $16 guaranteed per ESPN

I am very happy that they got this done before the season started. I doubt that he plays through the entire 5 years, but this had to get done.... he's straight money on the corner.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

More specific details of the contract from the Star Tribune:
Quote:
Here’s the contract details from Judd: It’s a five-year contract worth $36 million, including $16.1 in guarantees and a few likely to be earned incentives that will push up the value the first few seasons. He is scheduled to make $6.1 million this season but with likely incentives he should make around $7.5 million.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 07-23-2009, 05:58 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
October 5th Baby!!!! MNF!!!!

I will be going (and probably surrounded by Packer fans) and I am going to be taking the next day off.
Hopefully I'm one of those Packer fans. I got my tickets nearly a month ago. Can't wait. Mind if I ask where you're sitting?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, that was a big contract for weinfeld. I'd bet its back loaded like hell.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Winfield's contract actually is quite unique. Again from the Star Trib: http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=3062
Quote:
The compromise they came to in announcing Winfield’s five-year, $36 million ($16.1 million guaranteed) deal on Thursday is an interesting one and could be termed a de-esclator and potentially esclator clause. The verbiage states that if Winfield loses his starting job in 2011 and moves to the nickel role, the following season his salary of $7 million will be cut in half, meaning he will be paid as a top nickel corner rather than a top starting corner. But if Winfield eventually gets the starting job back his salary will jump back up to its previous terms.

What this means is that if Winfield loses his job, the Vikings won’t be tempted to cut him because he’s making way too much money. And Winfield won’t be looking for a raise in either situation because he would be well compenstated for the position he plays. Of course, if Winfield keep the starting spot his salary won’t change.

“I haven’t seen anybody else with it,” Winfield’s agent, Ashanti Webb, said when asked about the unique deal.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 07-23-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as it keeps Antoine in a Vikings uniform, I like it.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Hopefully I'm one of those Packer fans. I got my tickets nearly a month ago. Can't wait. Mind if I ask where you're sitting?
Section 133, row 5 at the very end of the row. The visitor's bench is so close that they get to hear all of my lame insults.

They are my father-in-law's tickets. They were his dad's season tickets dating back to the old Met Stadium. I have gone to at least 1 game for the last 6 years. Starting this year, my wife and I are now splitting the tickets with him so i will get to go to even more games in the near future. Hooray :D
Old 07-24-2009, 01:16 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Section 133, row 5 at the very end of the row. The visitor's bench is so close that they get to hear all of my lame insults.

They are my father-in-law's tickets. They were his dad's season tickets dating back to the old Met Stadium. I have gone to at least 1 game for the last 6 years. Starting this year, my wife and I are now splitting the tickets with him so i will get to go to even more games in the near future. Hooray :D
Isn't that close to where DJP sits?

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

DJP???

Favre needs to **** or get off the pot.... This constant drama that surrounds him has always been the thing that bothers me the most about him. Attention *****!!!!! (who i'd love to have on our team)
Old 07-24-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

DJP is our team leader you moron! :)

And yes I agree that Favre needs to make up his damn mind.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

Sorry, i am still at a loss for DJP....
Old 07-24-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Weak, I'm in 120. I was hoping to get into a scuffle with some Viking fans. Lucky for you it will likely be someone else. ;)

they get smoked.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in 138. 5 sections away. 133 is some kick ass seats though
Old 07-24-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I'm in 138. 5 sections away. 133 is some kick ass seats though
Kick ass seats, in the metrodome? ;)

they get smoked.