Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 10-14-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
maybe we are going to trade for Brady Quinn? :-)
I do not want Quinn, to tell ya the truth. Chilly will probably give way to much up for him.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
maybe we are going to trade for Brady Quinn? :-)
That is exactly what popped into my head as soon as I saw that. I don't think we would, but what would we do with all 4 QBs?

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
I do not want Quinn, to tell ya the truth. Chilly will probably give way to much up for him.
Yeah, like a bag of potato chips. Say no to Quinn Speilman, please...

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
That is exactly what popped into my head as soon as I saw that. I don't think we would, but what would we do with all 4 QBs?
I'm pretty sure that if the Vikings were to trade for him, they would throw in Rosenfels or Jackson in the trade.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
pete_norm
Rookie

pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point, i think that both Jackson and Rosenfels have proven more in their NFL career than Quinn (which is not much to say...) I would prefer to keep them both and let some other team take a chance to see if Quinn will ever develop or not in a good NFL QB.
pete_norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_norm View Post
The vikings released John David Booty from the practice squad...

I was never sold on Booty, but still he could have developped into a serviceable QB given enough time.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo. It is a sad day for me. Booty may never amount to anything but I will always be a fan because I just like the man (and his name).
Old 10-14-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo. It is a sad day for me. Booty may never amount to anything but I will always be a fan because I just like the man (and his name).
It's a sad, sad day for Vikings fans.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
It's a sad, sad day for Vikings fans.
You'll have to change your sig.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have mixed feelings about Quinn. I do find it highly unlikely he'll end up in Minnesota. I still think he has the ability to be a starting QB in this league. Mangini has Clevland such a mess right now, I almost feel sorry for there fans. I mean, who do the Browns have for WRs? Joshua Cribbs is there only playmaker.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition

Last edited by General Zod : 10-14-2009 at 11:48 PM.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:41 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
You'll have to change your sig.
Never......Ever....... Booty will rise again.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Never......Ever....... Booty will rise again.
That's wishful thinking.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The return of longtime Vikings center Matt Birk to Minnesota as a member of the Ravens has received a lot of attention, at least in the Twin Cities.

Vikings defensive tackle Pat Williams, for one, is sick of answering questions about facing his former teammate.

"Everyone's trying to make it a Birk thing, a Pat thing. But I don't care," Williams told Sean Jensen of the Pioneer Press. "We don't miss him around here. We don't care about no [expletive] Baltimore or nothing. We're on a mission. We're worried about the Minnesota Vikings. That's it."

Birk may have earned six Pro Bowl nods in Minnesota, but Williams is entering his 13th consecutive season as one of the scariest dudes in the league. Williams also didn't like the perception that the Vikings could struggle to match Baltimore's toughness.

"I'm tired of people saying it's going to be a physical game," Williams said. "Our team is physical. We're the physical team."

Annually ranked as the best run-stopping team in the league, the Vikings have been less dominant early this season. They are giving up 3.8 yards per carry, only good for 10th in the league. They are middle of the pack in giving up receiving yards to opposing rushers.

Baltimore will be a tough test for Minnesota; they are sixth in rushing yards per game as a team. Williams, unsurprisingly, doesn't seem worried.

Asked about Baltimore's running back duo of Ray Rice and Willis McGahee, Williams said, "They got to show up, too," Williams said. "We ain't giving no 100 [rushing yards]."
I love Fat Pat, hopefully his play is as good as his words this week.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I love Fat Pat, hopefully his play is as good as his words this week.
I hope so as well. Should be a great game this week.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:45 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Percy and Loadholt are questionable for sunday. I hope like hell they can play. Percy even more then Loadholt. Hicks did a decent job of filling in for him last sunday. But we need Percy to be out there, we need his speed against that raven defense.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Booty re-signed again today according to Judd Zulgad per Twitter.

Quote:
JuddZulgad QB John David Booty re-signed to Vikings practice squad today. He was let go on Wednesday. OL Clint Oldenburg is released.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Booty re-signed again today according to Judd Zulgad per Twitter.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. There is still hope. JDB will never leave us!
Old 10-18-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. There is still hope. JDB will never leave us!
<3 <3 <3 <3
Old 10-19-2009, 09:14 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

I think this is the week we lose (@ Pittsburgh). It's the first outdoor game against a real NFL team and their pass happy offense will be to much for our horrid defensive backs to handle. Roethlisberger is great at buying time for his receivers and he can shake off defenders trying to sack him.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
I think this is the week we lose (@ Pittsburgh). It's the first outdoor game against a real NFL team and their pass happy offense will be to much for our horrid defensive backs to handle. Roethlisberger is great at buying time for his receivers and he can shake off defenders trying to sack him.
I think you're right. If the vikes win, you might as well say they will win the superbowl.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the record now, I think we get shredded by Pittsburgh, although we have blocked the 3-4 very well so far this year.

Winfield's got a sprained foot according to Childress, and won't rule him out for Pittsburgh..

I just know Hines Ward is going to light our tits up in the slot so hard.

Gameplan for this game should be a healthy dose of Peterson and Chester.. they can be run on with the loss of Aaron Smith.

I just don't think we can stop them enough.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
For the record now, I think we get shredded by Pittsburgh, although we have blocked the 3-4 very well so far this year.

Winfield's got a sprained foot according to Childress, and won't rule him out for Pittsburgh..

Gameplan for this game should be a healthy dose of Peterson and Chester.. they can be run on with the loss of Aaron Smith.

I also think the Vikings will lose the next week as well. So they will be 6-2 for the bye. I can't complain. But if they're 8-0, might as well write the super bowl off to the Vikings.

EDIT: write not right

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It was pretty evident that the Vikes really missed Antione Winfeild late in that game sunday. Baltimore worked Paymah over pretty badly, that big TD pass to Clayton was an absolutly pathetic effort by Paymah.

The Steerlers game will be the Vikes toughest challenge yet. In my opinion the matchup that this game will come down to is... James Harrison & LaMarr Woodley VS Bryant McKennie & Phil Loadholt. If the OTs can't keep those OLBs out of the backfield the Vikings won't win the game. But if the OTs can do a decent job on the OLBs the Vikings stand a very good chance at winning.

As of now I think the Vikes are going to lose in a close game Steelers win 23-21.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

Holyomg. Watching this video makes me want to break something. Tyrell Johnson takes horrible angles, and Madieu Williams cannot tackle. Not shown is the beautiful ball skills by Paymah (insert sarcasm). This team needs secondary help bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=995Sd...layer_embedded
Old 10-21-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Oh please god no...

http://clarkjudge.blogs.cbssports.co...84866/17798856

Old 10-21-2009, 01:17 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well given the success of the team I can't say I'm surprised.

That said...

yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote