Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 11-07-2009, 09:08 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just say it's for EJ Henderson.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:36 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bye Weeks Suck. Go Cardinals and Bucs though.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best bye week ever.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahahaha the Packer fans on my Facebook feed are absolutely awesome right now.

"Mike you fat **** I'm going to skull **** your children"

"This team reminds me of the Bad News Bears pre-Walter Mathau"
Old 11-08-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
pete_norm
Rookie

pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take a Bye week like that any week of the season :)
pete_norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now lets just hope we get a win against the bears coming up! I have a feeling we will win the next 3 games, and after the third, clinch a playoff birth, and after that I really don't know what to think. I have a feeling that Childress will pull Favre early as long as we clinch a spot in the playoffs. Maybe around week 14 pull him. I want 13 wins this season!!! It was a nice bye-week. Lol packers.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On a side note, Im still a big fan of the orange Bucs jersey.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:54 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
On a side note, Im still a big fan of the orange Bucs jersey.
Well, you are 1 in about 7 on this forum that are old enough to remember them :)

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:51 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
Now lets just hope we get a win against the bears coming up! I have a feeling we will win the next 3 games, and after the third, clinch a playoff birth, and after that I really don't know what to think. I have a feeling that Childress will pull Favre early as long as we clinch a spot in the playoffs. Maybe around week 14 pull him. I want 13 wins this season!!! It was a nice bye-week. Lol packers.
I doubt that would happen unless home field advantage is already clinched(by Vikes or the Saints) by then(which seems unlikely). Even so he couldn't just pull Favre 3 weeks early, which would basically equate to 4 weeks as it is likely the Vikes have a 1st round bye. A whole month without Favre could end up taking the offense almost completely out of Rythym.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:56 AM    (permalink
pete_norm
Rookie

pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty interesting article about the number of sacks each team gets vs the number of player the team sends after the QB.

As of this morning, the Vikings have more sacks coming from 4-man rush (24) than all but one (Eagles) of the other teams in the NFL have in totals sacks. I guess it shows the strenght of our defensive line (and that we played the Packers twice :) )

It's worth a read.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/11/06/b...lines/?tid=sbn
pete_norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_norm View Post
Pretty interesting article about the number of sacks each team gets vs the number of player the team sends after the QB.

As of this morning, the Vikings have more sacks coming from 4-man rush (24) than all but one (Eagles) of the other teams in the NFL have in totals sacks. I guess it shows the strenght of our defensive line (and that we played the Packers twice :) )

It's worth a read.

That is interesting. I def. think it helps having played the most sacked team in the league twice, but we are also probably part of the reason they've been sacked the most, too.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_norm View Post

It's worth a read.

With the amount of $ we have poured into our d-line, we better.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, you are 1 in about 7 on this forum that are old enough to remember them :)
Hey!! :-(

yeah your right. lol
Old 11-13-2009, 01:55 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are really going to need homefield because the Saints would be tough to beat in the Superdome. At the very least we gotta have a 1st round bye. I DO NOT want to play Dallas or Philadelphia on the road in the 2nd round.

13-3 sounds about right at this point...
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:10 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

I just realized that the Vikings could clinch a playoff berth by the end of November. The odds are crazy, but it can be done.

-The vikes would have to win their next three games, making them 10-1.

-The bears would have to lose two of their next 3, which they already lost 1 of them to San Francisco. If they lose two of them and win 1, they will be 5-7, if they lose all three, they will be 4-8.

-The packers will have to lose two of their next 3. If that happens, they will also be 5-7.

Even if the Vikings lost the remaining games of the season after going 10-1, they would still make the playoffs as a wildcard team. The only team that they have lost to this year is the Steelers (obviously), so there is no crazy tie-breaking rules to be put in place.

What would you guys think of clinching a playoff berth in November? Its possible, but it will be difficult.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:13 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Its possible, I keep waiting for GB to turn things around and start winning some games. I actually think they are going to upset the Cowboys this sunday.

I see Winfield is going to miss another game. I kinda figured this would happen since its the Lions.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Yeah, no reason at all for Winfield to play Sunday, I've been really surprised at how this corner by committee thing has been working. Granted we're giving up some yards but it's not nearly as bad as I expected.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just realized that the Vikings could clinch a playoff berth by the end of November. The odds are crazy, but it can be done.

-The vikes would have to win their next three games, making them 10-1.

-The bears would have to lose two of their next 3, which they already lost 1 of them to San Francisco. If they lose two of them and win 1, they will be 5-7, if they lose all three, they will be 4-8.

-The packers will have to lose two of their next 3. If that happens, they will also be 5-7.

Even if the Vikings lost the remaining games of the season after going 10-1, they would still make the playoffs as a wildcard team. The only team that they have lost to this year is the Steelers (obviously), so there is no crazy tie-breaking rules to be put in place.

What would you guys think of clinching a playoff berth in November? Its possible, but it will be difficult.
I'd love that, but we def. couldn't just give up then, we have to go for home-field advantage. Also, we wouldn't be in as the wildcard, we'd have clinched the division, as the best the Pack and Bears could finish in that scenario is 9-7, and the worst we could finsih would be 10-6.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Whenever the media mentions "since 1998" regarding the Vikings it brings back some painful memories.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Whenever the media mentions "since 1998" regarding the Vikings it brings back some painful memories.
I was going to post a video of this. But I can't seem to find it on youtube. I will always hate Gary Anderson. I was 8 at that point. I cried when he missed. Fuckhead.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Please do not post that video.

Gary Anderson is my least favorite person on the planet. What an awful human being.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:49 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

I still get a wave of nausea when I think about that game.

Please never mention it again.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:48 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

8-1 is a beautiful thing.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:03 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was going to post a video of this. But I can't seem to find it on youtube. I will always hate Gary Anderson. I was 8 at that point. I cried when he missed. Fuckhead.
Same exact story here...I just started to like the Vikings around 97-98 and I was so excited for that game against the Falcons.

Then Gary happened...

I too cried my eyes out after that game...

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:15 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A couple of thoughts on the Lions game. We have still yet to play a full 60 minutes of football, except for maybe the Steelers game. When we do we will destroy someone. Percy Harvin is an absolute stud, how did he not get laid out on that td? He just bounced off and took it to the house. Bernard Berrian can suck a dick covered in glass. That is all.