Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 12-29-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From a draft standpoint I think last night proved that the Vikings need to address DT early on in the draft and fortunately for them the depth is there to get a quality player at the bottom of round one. Of course they need to address safety as well but unless they fall deeply in love with Nate Allen I don't see them going that route in round one.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
I think they should sit AP. Let him rest, and at the same time make him understand how important it is to hold the ball. Plus we need him 100% in the playoffs, and its not like we dont have a good back up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123
Start Chester next week. We can only live with so many fumbles, there's a certain point when enough is enough. Chester has been given us pretty much the same productivity as of late anyway.

I really don't want to be negative like this but I have no faith for us in the playoffs. Granted teams like New Orleans and Arizona aren't playing great either but if we can't beat a team like Chicago we aren't going to beat a team like Philly.

I really don't see any possible advantage to sitting the teams best offensive player in a game that they need to win to even have a chance at securing the #2 seed.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJP
- Kevin Williams has been invisible for the last half of the season. I don't know what's wrong with him but he's not even getting a double team anymore.
I really disagree with this, just because he hasn't registered a sack doesn't mean he isn't showing up. Kevin has been constantly pushing the pocket is in the backfield a lot. QB's lately have been doing a good job of escaping the pocket to right Jared Allen and Kevin Williams should of had a sack last night but Jay slipped out.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
I really don't see any possible advantage to sitting the teams best offensive player in a game that they need to win to even have a chance at securing the #2 seed.

Best offensive "talent." As of now he's not our best offensive player. Taylor isn't going to break many 20 yard runs but he's going to be more consistent and not fumble.

Peterson isn't even helping the team right now, you can't put the ball on the ground as much as he is and be the best offensive player.

Sooner or later we have to send a message to him that it's not acceptable to fumble every 10 touches.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Best offensive "talent." As of now he's not our best offensive player. Taylor isn't going to break many 20 yard runs but he's going to be more consistent and not fumble.

Peterson isn't even helping the team right now, you can't put the ball on the ground as much as he is and be the best offensive player.

Sooner or later we have to send a message to him that it's not acceptable to fumble every 10 touches.
It's not Adrians fault the O-line hasn't been run blocking worth a damn lately. Also his impact goes well beyond simply what rushing stats he ends up with.

Adrian just being on the feild brings the entire defense closer to the LOS, and opens up the passing lanes a lot for our WR's and Favre. Adrian Peterson is also the reason that Favre is the #1 Play Action QB in the league this year.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not Adrians fault the O-line hasn't been run blocking worth a damn lately. Also his impact goes well beyond simply what rushing stats he ends up with.

Adrian just being on the feild brings the entire defense closer to the LOS, and opens up the passing lanes a lot for our WR's and Favre. Adrian Peterson is also the reason that Favre is the #1 Play Action QB in the league this year.
I definitely agree that the O-line has a lot to do with it, but they have nothing to do with the fumbles, and Chester has been just as productive if not more productive over the last few weeks and he's not going to fumble 1/5 of the amount that AD does.

Obviously Peterson is the better player, but just hearing him respond to some of the questions about his fumbles over the years pisses me off. He seems to use his aggressive running style as an excuse , and it isn't. Just hold onto the ball.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I definitely agree that the O-line has a lot to do with it, but they have nothing to do with the fumbles, and Chester has been just as productive if not more productive over the last few weeks and he's not going to fumble 1/5 of the amount that AD does.

Obviously Peterson is the better player, but just hearing him respond to some of the questions about his fumbles over the years pisses me off. He seems to use his aggressive running style as an excuse , and it isn't. Just hold onto the ball.
The thing is that the 2 are respected differently by defenses. Chester doesn't garner the 8 and 9 man boxes, because he isn't as dangerous of a runner aswell as because when he is in there they tend to pass the ball more than run.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really disagree with this, just because he hasn't registered a sack doesn't mean he isn't showing up. Kevin has been constantly pushing the pocket is in the backfield a lot. QB's lately have been doing a good job of escaping the pocket to right Jared Allen and Kevin Williams should of had a sack last night but Jay slipped out.
He got a few pressures, but he's not playing near the level we are used to. He's not getting double teamed right now. That should be enough evidence.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
From a draft standpoint I think last night proved that the Vikings need to address DT early on in the draft and fortunately for them the depth is there to get a quality player at the bottom of round one. Of course they need to address safety as well but unless they fall deeply in love with Nate Allen I don't see them going that route in round one.
We are still okay there. We contained them pretty well. Their most successful runs were off tackle with a pulling center. I thought Kennedy/Evans filled in fine for Fat Pat. At some point, I'd like a NT obviously to replace Pat, and I'd be fine if they went that way in round 1, but safety and guard need to be addressed before DT in my opinion. If anything we should look into another Mike backer as insurance if Brinkley doesn't progress and Henderson doesn't make it back for next year.

I would say any kind of BPA outside of receiver or corner would suffice.

Any word on Shiancoe's injury? We missed him last night when he came out.

I know Winfield has said he's going to keep playing with his foot injury.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heath Farwell made the Pro Bowl!!! I can't account for the rest of the kick coverage team, but that man is a stud.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

I am disappointed that Percy Harvin wasn't selected as the NFC KR, but can't complain too much as Desean is definatly also very worthy as the NFC KR.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post

- Cedric Griffin is awesome.. never thought I'd say those words.. he's easily been our best defender the past month.

I was having this same thought this morning. He is quietly having his best year and has been one of our best defenders. The way his career started out slow and how he is playing now gives me hope for Tyrell Johnson. EJ Henderson progressed the same way, had a few rough seasons to start and then a light came on and he started playing great. Madieu Williams on the other hand is a piece of **** and I want him gone.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
I was having this same thought this morning. He is quietly having his best year and has been one of our best defenders. The way his career started out slow and how he is playing now gives me hope for Tyrell Johnson. EJ Henderson progressed the same way, had a few rough seasons to start and then a light came on and he started playing great. Madieu Williams on the other hand is a piece of **** and I want him gone.
Well Griffin was atleast good at the very basics, he pretty much always was good reliable tackler. Cedric just needed to develop his ball, and coverage skills. Tyrell on the other hand is infuriating because he has given up a decent amount of big plays due to ******* up the basics. Tackling was supposedly Tyrell Johnson's best trait coming out of college. If he can clear up those problems I think he can be a good safety though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJP
Any word on Shiancoe's injury? We missed him last night when he came out.

I know Winfield has said he's going to keep playing with his foot injury.
According to Sean Jensen's twitter Shiancoe left the game with a Ankle injury. Childress said he should be just fine for this week(I hope so).
Old 01-01-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This. He needs to know when to get down or go out of bounds. That fumble on Monday night was ridiculous. He should have stepped out of bounds after he got the first. He's great, but he has to learn when he can break out the big runs and when he just needs to give up on it.

On the Vikings as a whole the thing that is bothering me the most about these losses is that they just come out so flat. Monday's game should have been huge for us and they played like a bunch of losers. We are fading when the other playoff teams (except the Saints) are peaking. I bet that the Eagles go farther in the playoffs than either the Vikes or the Saints.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
This. He needs to know when to get down or go out of bounds. That fumble on Monday night was ridiculous. He should have stepped out of bounds after he got the first. He's great, but he has to learn when he can break out the big runs and when he just needs to give up on it.

On the Vikings as a whole the thing that is bothering me the most about these losses is that they just come out so flat. Monday's game should have been huge for us and they played like a bunch of losers. We are fading when the other playoff teams (except the Saints) are peaking. I bet that the Eagles go farther in the playoffs than either the Vikes or the Saints.
Number one reason I hate the Eagles. Cause they always have everyone wondering where they are going to be at the end of the season. Cause they start off slow, but then gain momentum. And beat good teams. It really irritates me.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank yooooooooooooooooooou Dallas!
Old 01-04-2010, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Very Glad they got the #2 seed, some of their players really could use the extra rest. Also very glad that now they have only 1 possible road game(if NO & Min win) in the way of the getting to the SB.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:23 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

This team is virtually unstoppable in a dome, all 4 losses came on grass. However if they even smell a blade of grass they transform into the 08 Lions.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
This team is virtually unstoppable in a dome, all 4 losses came on grass. However if they even smell a blade of grass they transform into the 08 Lions.
I sure hope it isn't particularly the grass because the Super Bowl is in Miami this year. But I honestly think there is more to it than Grass or Dome. Since the Cardinals are a dome team and the Vikes played just as ****** there as they did in Carolina, or Chicago(first half) so I don't think it's just the grass. I think it's hard to pin point what exactly is going on but they just haven't been a good road team in the latter part of the season.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:35 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I sure hope it isn't particularly the grass because the Super Bowl is in Miami this year. But I honestly think there is more to it than Grass or Dome. Since the Cardinals are a dome team and the Vikes played just as ****** there as they did in Carolina, or Chicago(first half) so I don't think it's just the grass. I think it's hard to pin point what exactly is going on but they just haven't been a good road team in the latter part of the season.
The Cards field is grass though. I dunno, historically the Vikings have been horrible outdoors/ on grass.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...th-pro-bowler/

Percy Harvin has been put into the pro bowl as the Kick return specialist. DeSean Jackson can't be both..thats how i took it from the article.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...th-pro-bowler/

Percy Harvin has been put into the pro bowl as the Kick return specialist. DeSean Jackson can't be both..thats how i took it from the article.
exactly right. 9 pro bowlers this year. I wish the Pro Bowl wasn't before the Super Bowl

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:49 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I seen Jamarca Sanford a lot early during the Giants game. Is he starting yet? Or is he just getting rotated in more?

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:49 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

just getting rotated in more.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:35 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

I was reading up on Mike Tice today. It made me depressed that Childress is our coach. I always thought Tice was a good coach...

I also read up on Spergon Wynn. Lol. Boredom :(

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.