Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 02-17-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

marshallb, would you be willing to do that trade?
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 2011's 1st for

Denver's 1st (#10) and 4th?

I threw the 4th in there to make it seem a little less lopsided :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post

This isn't the Herschel Walker trade. If we were trading up to 10 I'd give up no more than 30, 62 and a 3rd next year.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Edwards on Roger Goodell
I don't see him out there getting hit or nothing like that," Edwards said. "The commissioner makes $9 million, so you tell me where the balance is? He doesn't put his life on the line, he pushes a pen
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
This isn't the Herschel Walker trade. If we were trading up to 10 I'd give up no more than 30, 62 and a 3rd next year.
Agreed. I'd in no way want to give up two 1st's for Bradford. If there's a way to move up at a reasonable cost I'd be pretty excited about the move. But I don't feel Bradford is nearly an elite enough prospect to start throwing around an absurd amount of high picks.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Bradford was there at 10 i'd imagine the Broncos would take him anyways.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post

I would not. I'd absolutely love to get Bradford, but I'd think a fair deal would be 1st, 4th, and 2011 1st for #10 and possibly a 6th/7th rounder.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
I would not. I'd absolutely love to get Bradford, but I'd think a fair deal would be 1st, 4th, and 2011 1st for #10 and possibly a 6th/7th rounder.

Yeah, the original offer seemed very far-fetched to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only have 2 letters for you: L.T.?

Yes, please. I don't think that he'll get a massive contract and he'd be a nice upgrade over Chester. It would be fun to watch the A.P./L.T. backfield.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he's an upgrade over Chester at this point.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:45 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolutely NOT an upgrade over Chester.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:58 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chester is a great player. But I have a feeling we are going to move onto Albert Young. He very few carries this year, but when he touched the ball he did alright.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:39 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be alright with that. How about we give Ian Johnson some carries? :)

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 02-23-2010, 01:40 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I would be alright with that. How about we give Ian Johnson some carries? :)
Either one would be just fine with me. If Young was the 2nd string and Johnson was 3rd. Yes.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:58 PM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

the thing about having albert young or ian johnson as a backup rb is that they are both inexperienced. When AD fumbles the rock like he does, we need a proven vet to take over a game if he becomes too much of a liability.

sig by BoneKrusher
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:57 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylishis View Post
the thing about having albert young or ian johnson as a backup rb is that they are both inexperienced. When AD fumbles the rock like he does, we need a proven vet to take over a game if he becomes too much of a liability.
I wouldn't be so quick to speak on Young. He held onto the ball in college. And did it really well I might add.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be fine with Young/Johnson if we knew they'd be a #2 and only have a few carries a game, but with AD's injury problems in college and his running style, I'm not comfortable with either as a guy who can step in and be the #1 guy getting 20 carries a game for a few games.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
I would be fine with Young/Johnson if we knew they'd be a #2 and only have a few carries a game, but with AD's injury problems in college and his running style, I'm not comfortable with either as a guy who can step in and be the #1 guy getting 20 carries a game for a few games.
I am a million times more comfortable with either of them at running back then I would be with starting Gus Ferrote or Brad Johnson or Tavaris Jackson at quarterback.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 02-24-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Schefter on ESPN said that Westbrook has had 3-4 teams call about his services and he said the Vikings could be one of them. Childress having the Philly background and we've seen in the past he likes to bring ex-eagles over to the Vikings. If he is healthy and comes cheap(which i sort of doubt), I'm all for it. I'd rather see Chester come back but if we can't I think Westbrook is a good option for 3rd down situations.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Adam Schefter on ESPN said that Westbrook has had 3-4 teams call about his services and he said the Vikings could be one of them. Childress having the Philly background and we've seen in the past he likes to bring ex-eagles over to the Vikings. If he is healthy and comes cheap(which i sort of doubt), I'm all for it. I'd rather see Chester come back but if we can't I think Westbrook is a good option for 3rd down situations.
Depends on what kind of deal he's going to ask for. I would rather have Westbrook than LT on this team due to familiarity and the fact that Westbrook can split out wide with the best of them.

However, I do think that a big time lead blocking fullback is a bigger need than a 3rd down back. Peterson was awesome with Tony Richardson. Can't say the same with Tahi. We missed the boat on Quinn Johnson from LSU last year. I loved that guy coming out. Great project for Childress.

I still can't believe Eric Bienemy has a job. That guy should have been gone. The error that led to the 12 men penalty, the constant fumbling from Peterson, the fact that he's gotten worse each year instead of better is just scary.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I still can't believe Eric Bienemy has a job. That guy should have been gone. The error that led to the 12 men penalty, the constant fumbling from Peterson, the fact that he's gotten worse each year instead of better is just scary.
I am in 100% agreement with this statement. Bienemy should have been fired immediately for the error that essentially cost us the Super Bowl.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Argh, fire him!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2010, 11:15 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Depends on what kind of deal he's going to ask for. I would rather have Westbrook than LT on this team due to familiarity and the fact that Westbrook can split out wide with the best of them.

However, I do think that a big time lead blocking fullback is a bigger need than a 3rd down back. Peterson was awesome with Tony Richardson. Can't say the same with Tahi. We missed the boat on Quinn Johnson from LSU last year. I loved that guy coming out. Great project for Childress.

Thomas Tapeh....Oh wait.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently today Ray Edwards got a 1st round tender, and Tarvaris Jackson got a 3rd round tender... I expected those 2 to get tendered still looking to see if there are any more.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:36 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

That's about what I expected/hoped for those 2. If I remember right, Evans, Cook, and Tahi are also RFAs, so it'll be interesting to see what they get. I hope we tender Evans, but the other 2 can walk.

EDIT: and I think Paymah is too, but he can walk also.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 03-03-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
DE Ray Edwards: Received a first-round tender of $2.5 million.

DT Fred Evans: Received a second-round tender of $1.8 million

QB Tarvaris Jackson: Received a third-round tender of $1.2 million

FB Naufahu Tahi: Was tendered with the right of first refusal, meaning the Vikings would not be in line to get a draft pick if Tahi is signed by another team and Minnesota doesn't match.

CB Karl Paymah: Has been told he will not receive any type of offer and thus will become an unrestricted free agent.

Still checking: Offensive lineman Ryan Cook and safety Eric Frampton.
Thats the RFA Tender situation for the Vikings as of 7:48pm tonight.

Link: http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi.../56735627.html

So lets hope a team is dumb enough to take Tarvaris off our hands. But Very doubtful.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote