Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 10-21-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AD is a beast for sure.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:06 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Waived Alexander and re-signed Erin Henderson if anyone saw.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:27 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
Waived Alexander and re-signed Erin Henderson if anyone saw.
they need to make up their damn minds

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:31 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know he was dreadful for the first few games, but has anyone else been delightfully surprised by the recent play of Shiancoe? He has made some big plays the past few weeks and has hung on to the ball. It's not enough to completely forget how he played last year and early on this year but it's a huge improvement. Same thing with Berrian, maybe it's the fact that we have a SEMI-capable QB playing.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:44 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
I know he was dreadful for the first few games, but has anyone else been delightfully surprised by the recent play of Shiancoe? He has made some big plays the past few weeks and has hung on to the ball. It's not enough to completely forget how he played last year and early on this year but it's a huge improvement. Same thing with Berrian, maybe it's the fact that we have a SEMI-capable QB playing.
Thats all true. i would agree with the stepped up play by shiancoe and berrian.

i still agree that we need a new quarterback...

anyone for JDB?

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:47 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
Thats all true. i would agree with the stepped up play by shiancoe and berrian.

i still agree that we need a new quarterback...

anyone for JDB?
Only Gonzo lol, Booty is not ready for the NFL yet. He needs a couple more years of learning the system and picking up the speed of the NFL.

With Shiancoe finally performing it is good to see but i have been thinking about the offense trying to trade for Kellen Winslow but I have been Hesitant to say this because idk if he would be more of a problem with the team and office like he is in Cleveland. But I dont think it much of a problem right now because of Shaincoe performing the past couple weeks.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
giver17
Rookie

giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

[quote=

With Shiancoe finally performing it is good to see but i have been thinking about the offense trying to trade for Kellen Winslow but I have been Hesitant to say this because idk if he would be more of a problem with the team and office like he is in Cleveland. But I dont think it much of a problem right now because of Shaincoe performing the past couple weeks.[/QUOTE]

A talent like Winslow would be a great addition to the team, but he just sees to be the chad johnson of TE's, and that may be more trouble than it is worth. Plus, he is always injured. we would need to have a very dominate offensive leader who could keep him in check before we ever thought about going for him. plus, they would want a kings-ransom

giver17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you put Booty in you are giving up on the season. As not good as he is Ferotte is easily your best option.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JDB = Awesomeness
Old 10-24-2008, 10:35 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
JDB = Awesomeness
i still dont understand what your obsession is with JDB. He hasn't played at all. i don't get it.

damn i should become a better vikings fan because i sure as hell have never seen him play.

he wasn't even that good when he played at USC.

therefore justify why you think he is soooo great.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rufus Alexander re-signed. lmao.

We are going up the creek without a paddle here.

Most of our best players' primes are right now and we don't have a quarterback to go with it. Childress really, really screwed this franchise with the Tarvaris debacle.

Nobody wants to sit and wait for a rookie QB to develop, but what choice do we really have? Does anyone want to throw loads of money at Matt Cassell?

At this point, I say we just draft the most pro-ready QB in round 1 and hope for the best. It's working for Atlanta..
Old 10-24-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd much rather find a quarterback with SOME experience than draft another rookie and wait two years. We most likely will not find the next Matt Ryan.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
i still dont understand what your obsession is with JDB. He hasn't played at all. i don't get it.

damn i should become a better vikings fan because i sure as hell have never seen him play.

he wasn't even that good when he played at USC.

therefore justify why you think he is soooo great.
:(

He is our only hope! We must all keep the faith. None of us know just how great he possibly could be!
Old 10-24-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

viking update wrote an article on the 2009 free agent qbs and their take on them

http://min.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=2&c=804428

Quarterbacks Who Are Considered Starters

Kurt Warner/Arizona Cardinals/UFA - Sources indicate that contract negotiations have been slow in getting Warner an extension but the team clearly doesn't trust Matt Leinart. If Warner continues to play well, look for the team to step up their effort to get Warner signed to a three-year deal.

Kerry Collins/Tennessee Titans/UFA - Things are going so well that it wouldn't be a surprise if they signed the veteran signal caller to an extension during the regular season.

Matt Cassel/New England Patriots/UFA - He's finally getting his shot to play and is starting to play better. Cassel could garner decent interest around the league next year if he continues to progress.

Jeff Garcia/Tampa Bay Buccaneers/UFA - The team hasn't shown much interest in getting him signed to a new deal but if they continue to win, Garcia could make it hard to management not to sign him. Tampa Bay also doesn't have a younger quarterback that's really ready to emerge as the starter at the position.

Others Who Could Find Interest For Backup Purposes

Chris Simms/Tennessee Titans/UFA
J.P. Losman/Buffalo Bills/UFA
Byron Leftwich/Pittsburgh Steelers/UFA
Rex Grossman/Chicago Bears/UFA
Kyle Boller/Baltimore Ravens/UFA
Luke McCown/Tampa Bay Buccaneers/UFA
David Carr/New York Giants/UFA
Patrick Ramsey/Denver Broncos/UFA
Brooks Bollinger/Dallas Cowboys/UFA
Dan Orlovsky/Detroit Lions/UFA
Charlie Frye/Seattle Seahawks/UFA
Charlie Batch/Pittsburgh Steelers/UFA
Anthony Wright/New York Giants/UFA

Last edited by russie : 10-24-2008 at 04:48 PM. Reason: spelling
russie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure how many of you listen to KFAN, but Dubay go fired for Crack possession. That sucks, I love PA and Dubay.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 10-24-2008 at 06:41 PM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Not sure how many of you listen to KFAN, but Dubay go fired for Crack possession. That sucks, I love PA and Dubay.
Yeah, I liked listening to those two after a tough Vikings loss. I love PA's game announcing.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Yeah, I liked listening to those two after a tough Vikings loss. I love PA's game announcing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_wfYAGosi4

PA is my fav game caller.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 10-24-2008 at 08:08 PM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
I know what that is, and I'm not opening it.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:43 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Eventually you will stop posting things like that.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bad news. Jay Glazier on the Fox pregame just said Kevin & Pat Williams face suspensions due to the water pill issue that was announced earlier this week.
Vikings4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:15 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
Bad news. Jay Glazier on the Fox pregame just said Kevin & Pat Williams face suspensions due to the water pill issue that was announced earlier this week.
are you kidding me?
Old 10-26-2008, 11:16 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well if its true then we should just throw in the towel....Our Defense will be killed without those 2.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

yeah, the season is definitely over if they are both suspended 4 games. They are our 2 best players...
Old 10-26-2008, 11:21 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
yeah, the season is definitely over if they are both suspended 4 games. They are our 2 best players...
Yeah pretty much.

1. Kevin Williams
2. Pat Williams
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Jared Allen
5. Antonie Winfield

Thats the top 5 imo.

....I joked with a friend saying The vikings will be the first team to ever lose on a bye...I think we just did it. If this is true.

Quote:
PAT, KEVIN WILLIAMS HAD POSITIVE DIURETICS RESULTS, TOO
Posted by Mike Florio on October 26, 2008, 12:22 p.m. EDT

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that the list of players who tested positive for a banned diuretic include both of the Vikings’ starting defensive tackles, Pat and Kevin Williams.

If the suspensions ultimately are upheld, the Vikings would be without the services of both players for four games. And that would decimate the Vikings’ run defense.

Glazer also reports that Falcons defensive tackle Grady Jackson is one of the names on the list.

The release of these names further highlights concerns that league sources are leaking confidential information regarding appeals that have not been finalized. Attorney David Cornwell, who reportedly will be representing some of the affected players, has recently made an aggressive call for measures aimed at ensuring that reporters don’t disclose this confidential information without also disclosing the source.
found this from pft.com

Last edited by The Dynasty : 10-26-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:56 AM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes!! we will be in line for a top five pick, i cant wait to see them pay too much to a player that hasnt ever stepped on the field!!!!! :(