Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 03-16-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
I wouldn't hate the pick of a 1st RD RB, but I really don't think it would be a good choice for the Vikes. The Vikes are not a 2 back team(aside from 2007) Adrian has been the workhorse and thats the way it is going to be. Chester Taylor was a phenomenal 3rd down back and a very good #2 option yet he struggled to even get 10 touches a game. On top of that Percy Harvin's role out of the back field will more than likely be expanded a bit. So now we are talking about using a 1st rounder on a guy who will touch the ball about 5 times a game, maybe 10 if he is lucky.

IMO they need to get some good young talent to add to the Defense in the first 2 rounds. I think 3rd is the earlierst they should look at drafting another RB.
I was thinking exactly this. I would like to see the Vikes go defense with their first two picks unless they see a lot of value in an interior lineman. There will still be a lot of great backs in round 3 so I would hope Childress and co. wait until the.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:51 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree big time with the last two posts. If we can get some defensive talent in the 1st 2 rounds, that'd be ideal, but we still have to look at RG if there is great value early. Right now my dream draft is probably Dan Williams, Nate Allen, Montario Hardesty, and then best available OG/CB/OLB, unless a QB falls hard.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.

Those are excellent points by Crazy Chris. I definitely don't think using a 1st round pick on a runner who's only going to touch the ball a handful of times per game is worth it. Defense in the 1st makes a lot of sense unless a talented offensive lineman falls. I'd like to see us draft an LT fairly early...somebody who can push McKinnie and eventually take over (hopefully sooner rather than later).
Old 03-16-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aNqXCWTIsM

Note not a plug, I did not make this, but it is pretty funny, stupid but funny.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
contento
Rookie

contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.

I thought 2 things when I heard the news about LT...

1- Screw him.

2- Well, at least this might give us one more compensatory pick next year!
contento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aNqXCWTIsM

Note not a plug, I did not make this, but it is pretty funny, stupid but funny.
I hate when fans make songs about the teams. I consider it bad luck.. a bunch came out with the vikings this past season once we killed the cowboys. Some fan of the Patriots made one when they were 18-0. Its bad luck.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:38 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5001642
Old 03-17-2010, 09:18 AM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
I hate when fans make songs about the teams. I consider it bad luck.. a bunch came out with the vikings this past season once we killed the cowboys. Some fan of the Patriots made one when they were 18-0. Its bad luck.
Not to mention when KDWB made that stupid remix of Will Smith's "Miami" when the 1998 Superbowl was in Miami. I knew we were doomed when a crappy station made an even crappier song about the Vikes going to the Superbowl. It should be banned...
Old 03-17-2010, 09:39 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Good to see EJ back going, I hope he's ready to go by the start of next season, it'd be remarkable to have that happen with how bad it looked.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leg breaks aren't the worst thing that can happen. It is terrible, don't get me wrong there. But leg breaks heal up pretty fast. Knees are another issue. It's very good to hear about him walking under his own power again. That was a nasty looking injury. I hope he's back under full health again.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:38 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shawn Andrews just got released by the Eagles. Im wondering if he'll find his way here. I wouldnt mind it so much as long as they didnt give him a lot of money. He would help our depth at the very least.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you all think about maybe getting Tye Hill or Nathen Vasher signed cheap, just for depth at cb?

Old 03-17-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
What do you all think about maybe getting Tye Hill or Nathen Vasher signed cheap, just for depth at cb?
I'd Take Vasher over Hill because of the Cover 2 experience. But he has had injury concerns. But we need a get some more depth at CB... I rather go young and through the draft though.

Shawn Andrews could be interesting.. we need some depth at G but i know the Vikings like players who can play more than 1 position on the line and I don't know if he does.. if he does then could be a good signing if he stays healthy.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
I'd Take Vasher over Hill because of the Cover 2 experience. But he has had injury concerns. But we need a get some more depth at CB... I rather go young and through the draft though.

Shawn Andrews could be interesting.. we need some depth at G but i know the Vikings like players who can play more than 1 position on the line and I don't know if he does.. if he does then could be a good signing if he stays healthy.
Shawn Andrews is a very intriguing possiblity to me. He could push Herrara at RG(more than likely beat him out if he is 100%) aswell as he could be depth for LG and RT. Herrara could than become our main backup at C and RG.

As for the CB's I agree I would rather draft another young guy than sign either of those 2.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Good to see EJ back going, I hope he's ready to go by the start of next season, it'd be remarkable to have that happen with how bad it looked.
Maybe he got going on his rehab so that he didn't have to hear this anymore...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-the-combine/
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
Leg breaks aren't the worst thing that can happen. It is terrible, don't get me wrong there. But leg breaks heal up pretty fast. Knees are another issue. It's very good to hear about him walking under his own power again. That was a nasty looking injury. I hope he's back under full health again.
hes not walking quite yet, i saw him last week and he was still using a cane to get around. Im sure hell be back, maybe not for the beginning of next season but he has one of the best work ethics i'v ever seen.

sig by BoneKrusher
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:52 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
I remember Tye Hill's rookie year and I ******* loved him on Madden. Picked him up in like round 21 and he said like 97 speed. Nothing would make me happier to see him on the Vikes in Madden 11

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylishis View Post
hes not walking quite yet, i saw him last week and he was still using a cane to get around. Im sure hell be back, maybe not for the beginning of next season but he has one of the best work ethics i'v ever seen.
According to the ESPN article:
Quote:
Henderson says he started walking without a cane a few weeks ago. He says his recovery is on schedule and that he should be back by August.
So according to that he is walking on his own now and he should be back by right around the beginning of the season, which I'd be very fine with, even if he misses a little time, better to have him come back at 100% after a couple extra weeks than risk re-injury or anything like that.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 03-23-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Shawn Andrews just got released by the Eagles. Im wondering if he'll find his way here. I wouldnt mind it so much as long as they didnt give him a lot of money. He would help our depth at the very least.
What are you talking depth? Isn't Andrews a former pro bowl guard? Unless he has injury issues, the kid is a flat out player and a great talent. I bet he gets a starting job in the NFL next year, he is not a backup, doubt the Vikings have the money to pay him.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5022064

So our ball first and 10 from the 25? Haha, saw that tweet. Classic.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What are you talking depth? Isn't Andrews a former pro bowl guard? Unless he has injury issues, the kid is a flat out player and a great talent. I bet he gets a starting job in the NFL next year, he is not a backup, doubt the Vikings have the money to pay him.
He's a headcase. I'll pass. I think the Vikes have to take the BPA regardless, but we need to aim for offensive and defensive linemen.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought he had injury and attitude problems.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

No thanks on Andrews. The guy hasn't played in a game since 2008 and has serious back issues along with some pretty serious mental stuff going on. I'd much rather go guard in the middle rounds as opposed to taking a chance on him.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Montgomery agrees to deal with Vikings

Free-agent defensive end Mike Montgomery agreed to a one-year deal with the Vikings on Monday after spending the day visiting with team officials. Montgomery is the second free agent of note to join the Vikings this offseason, joining kickoff specialist Rhys Lloyd.

A sixth-round pick by Green Bay out of Texas A&M in 2005, Montgomery was released by the Packers this month. He had dealt with injuries in 2009 and also was not considered a real fit for the new 3-4 defensive scheme that had been put into place by coordinator Dom Capers.

Montgomery, who is 6-5, 282 pounds, had his best season in 2008, when he recorded 2.5 sacks and 59 tackles in 14 games. He made the only eight starts of his career that season. The Packers thought enough of Montgomery's contribution that season that they signed him to a two-year contract a year ago.

Montgomery, 26, has five career sacks and will backup at the end positions. He also could slide inside to provide rushing help on passing downs.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...9PmP:QiU47cQUU

Old 03-29-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Um, am I alone here with not understanding this signing?