Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 08-29-2010, 11:01 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Would not shock me to see Loadholt starting at LT by the end of the season. McKinnie looked horrid tonight.
I cant argue about McKinnie. I am hoping that once Sullivan gets back to center and Herrera gets moved back to RG maybe that will help stabilize the line. I hate so much that Sullivan is missing out on all these important reps.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said earlier this year that maybe the Vikings should look for a left tackle in the draft next year. McKinnie is nothing but a ******* bum.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure if you guys saw this or not from Matt Bowen this morning. Enjoy, it's a great move for your club.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...litz-4148.html

Quote:
Players like Sidney Rice canít be replaced like an alkaline battery.

So last week when the Vikings learned Rice would probably miss half the season, they came up with a plan. They started shopping for a receiver who could fill their specific needs without being Rice.

They wanted a smart player who could learn a system quickly. They needed someone who could fit in with an established team. They had to have a taller receiver who could go up and get it. They wanted a player who would run good routes. And they wanted someone with reliable hands.

They liked Vincent Jackson (who wouldnít?), but didnít like his price tag. That led them to Greg Camarillo.

The Vikings studied each of the 163 tape cut-ups in which Camarillo showed up on a play by play sheet over the last two years. One thing stood out: not a single drop. He had 105 catches, and not a single drop.

Hence, their trade of Benny Sapp to the Dolphins for the Stanford product. Now the Vikings have to see if Camarillo can click with Brett Favre. Rice and Favre had something special going.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What exactly is wrong with Sullivan's calf? I though he got kicked in the leg the first day of practice. I can't imagine just getting kicked there would cause you to miss a month of football.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:03 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
What exactly is wrong with Sullivan's calf? I though he got kicked in the leg the first day of practice. I can't imagine just getting kicked there would cause you to miss a month of football.
I thought that it was his ankle. He had offseason ankle surgery, and I thought that he get kicked in the ankle/lower shin, and it may have aggravated whatever he had surgery to heal. I don't know why it's taken so long for him to heal, but we definitely need him, our OL has been **** this preseason.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fellas, I have been wondering this myself. I thought Sage was a nice addition for you guys prior to the BF era starting there. I clearly remember him playing very well against you guys, in Minny, the year before. He's 3> the QB that Jackson is IMO.

This from our friend Mark Craig at the Strib, could have been written from my thoughts. What is your take? Is it as obvious as he and I think, or am I missing something here about Sage and Jackson? Maybe they know the OL sucks and you need the faster runner to get the hell out of the pocket and run for his life?

Quote:
I give the Vikings credit for making all of us (or most of us) just accept Tarvaris Jackson as the No. 2 quarterback. But I think it's reached the point where someone should raise his or her hand and ask, "Um, can you tell us again why the third-best quarterback the No. 2 quarterback?"

Right now, it seems the only questions being mentioned are whether the Vikings should: 1, Keep Sage and risk losing Joe Webb; 2, Get rid of Sage and keep Joe Webb; or 3, Trade Sage for a bag of balls so that the Vikings don't have to pay him $2.6 million.

How bout this question: "Who plays quarterback if Brett Favre's streak of 309 consecutive starts doesn't last another 16-19 games?" Based on how the pass protection looks, that's a distinct possibility.

Call me crazy, but after three preseason games, Rosenfels looks more comfortable, more accurate, more poised and, well, better than Jackson. If something happens to Favre, the Vikings would look pretty foolish having given him up to 20 million bucks while saving 2.6 million on Sage.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I completely agree, but Chilly has had his mouth firmly wrapped around T-Jacks **** since the day we drafted him. Nothing will change.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sad but true...

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Childress hates Sage. Hopefully we can trade him to the Giants who need a veteran after Sorgi was placed on IR today.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Judd is reporting Chris Cook will be out at least 2 weeks, putting him out for the season opening. Man wtf, it would be nice to catch a damn break with these injuries. Plus I think 2 weeks for Cook might be optimistic, Im guessing he is out till the bye week. Maybe we can trade Sage to Miami and get Benny Sapp back?

Brees is gonna put up 500+ yards on us in the opener. :-(
Old 08-31-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Judd is reporting Chris Cook will be out at least 2 weeks, putting him out for the season opening. Man wtf, it would be nice to catch a damn break with these injuries. Plus I think 2 weeks for Cook might be optimistic, Im guessing he is out till the bye week. Maybe we can trade Sage to Miami and get Benny Sapp back?

Brees is gonna put up 500+ yards on us in the opener. :-(
We were remarkably healthy last year, we are probably due for some injury trouble this year.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Cook thing really sucks. I have a feeling it is going to be a long year.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cook supposedly has a torn meniscus and has already had surgery. I saw that he was getting the knee checked out and had ice on it, but It didn't seem serius, he was laughing and joking. It doesn't sound like the surgery will limit him too long, and hopefully he doesn't miss too much time. I'd rather get these injuries out of the way now than have them come up down the stretch.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:39 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

I'm a little late, but it's official: Rice put on PUP, out for first 6 weeks.

Also in that link:
Quote:
Tuesday's move was important because it means Rice no longer counts against the active roster, which had to be cut to 75 players by 3 p.m.

To get to the limit, the Vikings waived offensive tackle Bill Noethlich (Southwest Minnesota State) and wide receiver Marko Mitchell (Nevada), who bounced from Washington to Detroit to the Vikings during the offseason. Linebacker J Leman was waived/injured by the Vikings on Monday and was not claimed. He is currently on the injured reserve list and can either be kept there or the Vikings can reach an injury settlement with him.

Leman missed the majority of training camp because of turf toe.

The next round of cuts will come Saturday -- and be way more difficult -- as the Vikings will have to get to the regular-season roster limit of 53 players by 5 p.m.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 09-02-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Watching this pre-season, one thing I am happy with is our depth at D-line. Our 2nd team D-line is getting great pressure and stops one 1st team offenses. Evens, Mitchell, Robinson, Brinkly even letroy guion.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard to believe that some of those guys won't be making the team.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's official Rosenfels traded to the Giants for a future conditional Draft pick...

I don't know what kind of conditions they would have for a backup QB :|
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Well, Sage got traded to the NY Giants. And in return we get a late draft pick.

So that leaves us Favre, Jackson and probably Joe Webb as our QBs. I just prey to the football gods that Favre holds up this season. Otherwise, we are ******.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's official Rosenfels traded to the Giants for a future conditional Draft pick...

damn you just beat me lol
Old 09-03-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
damn you just beat me lol
Wohooooooo Wtg me!

Anyways I just noticed that Daryius Reynaud was included in that trade to the Giants. I am not too happy about this development, I was hoping they would take Percy off KR and let reynaud handle it.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

Sucks about Reynaud, i really liked him. So fast forward to next year we will have Joe Webb as the only QB under contract.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Im also pissed about losing Reynaud. Wtf!?
Old 09-03-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post

Probably if he's on the roster or not next year.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:19 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Im also pissed about losing Reynaud. Wtf!?
My team could really use Reynaud.

I still don't understand why Tarvarris was slotted above Sage Rosenfels, for the life of me. You guys must know, but I don't see it.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:14 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand moving Reynaud....he would have been our 3rd best running back and a damn good return man.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote