Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 09-04-2010, 06:28 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
My team could really use Reynaud.

I still don't understand why Tarvarris was slotted above Sage Rosenfels, for the life of me. You guys must know, but I don't see it.
Because our prick head coach's ego is so big that he cant admit that his little "project" is a failure. A lot of teams could use Reynaud, he's got great potential. He is the only one this pre season that looked good at kick returns.

Eat **** Childress.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:05 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Because our prick head coach's ego is so big that he cant admit that his little "project" is a failure. A lot of teams could use Reynaud, he's got great potential. He is the only one this pre season that looked good at kick returns.

Eat **** Childress.
Seems Seifert agrees with us on that:
Quote:
Before joining ESPN.com and broadening his beat to include all teams of the NFC North, Kevin Seifert covered the Vikings for the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. So when he has opinions about the team, we're going to listen. We may not agree, but we'll at least listen.

Seifert's most recent item on the team he used to exclusively cover has caught our attention.

He believes that the Vikings traded Sage Rosenfels not because he didn't win the No. 2 spot on the team's depth chart, but because he did. "He far outperformed Tarvaris Jackson, who apparently has a tenured position unaffected by his performance," Seifert says. "What anyone wouldn't give for the kind of job security he has."

Seifert believes that coach Brad Childress, who traded up in 2006 to pick Jackson in round two of the draft, still believes that Jackson is the long-term answer at the position. Seifert also points out that Rosenfels was brought in by V.P. of player personnel Rick Spielman, not by Childress.

We're not sure we agree with Seifert; if Childress believed Rosenfels had won the No. 2 spot on the depth chart and if Childress wanted to keep Jackson around, the team could have proceeded with four quarterbacks on the 53-man roster. The fact that Rosenfels apparently hasn't performed in practice like he performed in preseason games carries considerable weight with the control freaks (clueless or otherwise) who end up running NFL teams.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if Favre goes down we're screwed. Tavaris is such a waste of space. Also, I'm on the wagon of NOT signing Housh.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have rather just kept Walker myself, he didnt look to bad in the preseason.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol @ people upset at the Walker cut. He made one good catch in the preseason. His long TD was simply busted coverage. Reports are he was mightily struggling against our first team defense in practice. Guy is done, get over it people. Guy has been a mess for years now.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
Well if Favre goes down we're screwed. Tavaris is such a waste of space. Also, I'm on the wagon of NOT signing Housh.
We are screwed period if Favre goes down, rather it be T-Jack or Rosenfels who is the backup. Sage may look good in the pre-season but whenever he gets extended playing time with the big boys he shows that he is a turn over machine.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre will not break down. He is invincible.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
lol @ people upset at the Walker cut. He made one good catch in the preseason. His long TD was simply busted coverage. Reports are he was mightily struggling against our first team defense in practice. Guy is done, get over it people. Guy has been a mess for years now.

Regardless, what does Greg Lewis offer to this team? I like the potential of the Favre/Walker chemistry even if he definitely isn't as good as he once was. At the last receiver spot what do you have to lose?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:51 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Garrett Mills got signed to the Eagles practice squad and Ian Johnson to the Cards.

Not surprised that someone snatched up Mills.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Regardless, what does Greg Lewis offer to this team? I like the potential of the Favre/Walker chemistry even if he definitely isn't as good as he once was. At the last receiver spot what do you have to lose?
This post makes a ton of sense. Despite Javan Walker having a below average pre-season, I like his potential better than Greg Lewis.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going into this season with only 4 receivers when one of them is a kick returner and another is the punt returner has disaster written all over it. I'm hoping there is something in the works to bring in another WR.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Regardless, what does Greg Lewis offer to this team?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
Going into this season with only 4 receivers when one of them is a kick returner and another is the punt returner has disaster written all over it. I'm hoping there is something in the works to bring in another WR.
Did they cut Javon Walker because he was horrible, or because they wanted to get TJ Housh in there instead?

Not sure if any of you have watched this or not. Kirwin picks you guys to 3-peat in the division:

CBS Sports' Pat Kirwin's look at the NFC North 2010
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think cutting Walker had anything to do with Housh. I think we cut Walker because if we'd have kept him for the start of the season his entire contract, $2.something million would have been guaranteed. I'm guessing that we'll wait until I think it's after week 2 and then re-sign him.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Versatility.. Familiarity with the offense, great special teamer, can play outside or inside (not well, but he could fill in for a few series if we needed it). Walker is a guy who maybe gives you 25 plays a game on offense, and only on the outside, and he's not even that much better than Greg Lewis at that.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would like to see Joe Webb returning punts and maybe kick offs by the end of the season. His athleticism is just too good to leave on the bench all season.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:22 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

haha, I just watched the NFC Title Game of the America's Game on the Saints. No mention of the horrible calls in that game, of course.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walker was washed-up trash. I knew he wouldn't make it out of camp.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumors are swirling of a big trade in the works. Vincent Jackson maybe?
http://twitter.com/lakeshow73
Old 09-10-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That guy's twitter now says:
Quote:
Source tells me Vikes making a play for V Jack. Not sure if anything eminent. I have NOT confirmed or got a denial from Vikes. #kfan
Not a big fan of that move if it is VJack, he won't be able to play for what? I don't even know, is it only 3 weeks or since the Chargers put him on that did not report list did it go to 6? If it's 6, around the time he becomes eligible to play Sidney will be back. Another concern I have is what kind of money will we give to VJack, and what would happen with Rice then? Having both would give us a ridiculously great receiving core for the future with them on the outside and Harvin and Shiancoe from the slot and tight end, but how can we afford to pay them both big money? If we get rid of Berrian in the move and not much for picks, then I'd like it a lot better, but I still wouldn't be a huge fan of the move, just due to the time frame.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vikings really could use a receiver. I don't love the idea of Jack as I don't think he will be cheap and he is very similar to Rice, but ****, we need some play makers.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

I like Jackson a lot and think he'd be great with Favre, just the type of receiver Favre likes, and how would teams be able to cover him, Rice, Harvin, Shiancoe, and whoever else, while still realistically attempting to stop AP? I just don't like the timing of it, he would give us nothing more until about the same time Rice gets back and what are you gonna do contract wise with both him and Rice?

I wouldn't be against the move at all, but I just wouldn't be ecstatic if it happened.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 09-10-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb
I just don't like the timing of it, he would give us nothing more until about the same time Rice gets back and what are you gonna do contract wise with both him and Rice?
Rice is going to be a tough one to figure out, he showed us that he can be a dominant WR last year. But he is kind of a china doll, he just doesn't stay healthy. I think due to that reason it will be Hard for Rice to get a big contract from the vikes right away. If that is the case we may be able to afford both him and VJax.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:31 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

So now the rumors are that we agreed on a 1 year deal with Jackson last week but couldn't agree on compensation with the Chargers. Depending on what the compensation is this could be a horrible deal. I'm sure SD wants a 2nd and another pick, we better not give up that high of a draft pick for a receiver that will only play at most 13 games for us. I hope we get Jackson but I will be really pissed if we get raped by giving up a bunch of high picks for a 1 year rental.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
So now the rumors are that we agreed on a 1 year deal with Jackson last week but couldn't agree on compensation with the Chargers. Depending on what the compensation is this could be a horrible deal. I'm sure SD wants a 2nd and another pick, we better not give up that high of a draft pick for a receiver that will only play at most 13 games for us. I hope we get Jackson but I will be really pissed if we get raped by giving up a bunch of high picks for a 1 year rental.
For a one year rental there is now way in hell that I'd give up anywhere close to a 2nd rounder. This team is gonna have big needs to fill in the draft very soon, especially next year. We're gonna need a QB as the only QB under contract for next year is Webb, unless we'd go the sign a vet and hope that Webb develops route which would piss me off. We'll need a LT very soon with McKinnie playing like absolute **** lately, not that he was ever that good, but he has regressed. OLB will be a need unless we re-sign Leber, and even then he's 31 or 32 and won't be playing forever and could be upgraded anyways. S has been a big need for a couple years and will be again unless 2 of Abdullah, Sanford, Johnson, and Williams show that they deserve to be starters, which I highly doubt will happen. Interior OL is a big need, I like Sullivan and think he's a solid C but he certainly could be upgraded, DeGeare may lock down one of the 2 guard positions, but we still need another as Hutch is aging and Herrera could be upgraded. NT could be a need as Pat is gone after this year, but I like what we have at backup DT in Evans, Kennedy, and Guion and don't think this is a big need, if someone talented falls then sure snatch them up, but otherwise this is one of my smallest worries.

All of those positions will need a new starter or possibly two in the case of a couple within the next couple years if we're not gonna go through a rebuilding phase, and we need all of the high picks that we can get. I'd be very hesitant to trade a 2nd alone for V Jack even if we lock him up long term. He has the suspension for the DUIs and I believe that he's to the point where if he gets one more he's suspended for a season. I'd love to get Jackson, but not for a 2nd, especially on a one year deal, on a one year deal I'd maybe, maybe give up a 4th, a multi-year deal I'd probably give up a 3rd + a late rounder

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote: