Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chiefs and Derrick Johnson agree to extension

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ear-extension/

Quote:
Chiefs linebacker Derrick Johnson will be staying with the team for years to come.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Johnson and the team reached an agreement on a five-year contract extension.

Adam Caplan of FOXSports.com reports that the deal is worth just over $34 million with $15 million guaranteed.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This makes me happy.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Next Hali...
Old 11-08-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And then Charles/Flowers.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing he turned his career around after getting benched. Good for him.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I'm guessing he turned his career around after getting benched. Good for him.
Haley and Crennel are exactly what DJ needed. He has been a beast this year. Too bad he can't catch, or he'd easily have 5-6 picks.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Next Hali...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
And then Charles/Flowers.
Here's the thing, if any of those guys don't end up long term Chiefs is this a great signing? Either way congrats, DJ has become a good player, i like watching him.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Here's the thing, if any of those guys don't end up long term Chiefs is this a great signing? Either way congrats, DJ has become a good player, i like watching him.
I think it's still a good signing. It shows the rest of the team that players who have been in the dog house and have worked their way out of it get rewarded. It shows the rest of the team that hard work pays off under Haley and Pioli.

And I find it really hard to believe that we don't resign all three of those guys anyway. They're cornerstones of this team for the next decade.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Hali is going no where Todd raves about him and he doesn't like talking up players.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well this eases the pain somewhat of yesterday
Old 11-08-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's still my favorite linebacker prospect since I started following the draft heavily (which was in 2004). He was an absolute beast at Texas and Im glad he's finally starting to live up to his potential. I honestly thought he was gunna get traded out of KC and then go on to dominate for another team as a 4-3 WILL. But Im really happy for him and for Chiefs fans that he has panned out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's still my favorite linebacker prospect since I started following the draft heavily (which was in 2004). He was an absolute beast at Texas and Im glad he's finally starting to live up to his potential. I honestly thought he was gunna get traded out of KC and then go on to dominate for another team as a 4-3 WILL. But Im really happy for him and for Chiefs fans that he has panned out.
I'm going to pretend that you didn't just punk Patrick Willis like that! I too loved him as a prospect, that was about the same time that I started to follow the NFL/Draft as well.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
I'm going to pretend that you didn't just punk Patrick Willis like that! I too loved him as a prospect, that was about the same time that I started to follow the NFL/Draft as well.
Patrick Willis wasn't even my favorite LB prospect in his own draft, Lawrence Timmons was. I thought Willis would be very good but would never be elite, while I thought Timmons would be the next Derrick Brooks.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats to probably the best LB to ever set foot in the 40 acres.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy for DJ. He has been playing well.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Patrick Willis wasn't even my favorite LB prospect in his own draft, Lawrence Timmons was. I thought Willis would be very good but would never be elite, while I thought Timmons would be the next Derrick Brooks.
What he said. But more bad ass than Brooks.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't Hali a FA after this year. They better get on that, he's been their best player this season.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I think Hali is next up to get a new deal but his will be a little more tricky being a pass rusher and all.