Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:05 AM    (permalink
superman
Veteran

superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm deciding on hills vs blount

hillis is projected for about 6 more points but you know how those go

eh crap nvm, i thought this was the fantasy thread
Old 11-05-2010, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
I've also got Blount as an option. Projection wise Blount is lower than the other two but I'm thinking he has a better chance of good number against ATL than the other two do of having big games against whom they are playing.
I picked up Blount last week and am starting him. I would go with him. **** the projections. It seems like this year any time Atlanta plays there are a lot of players from both teams who put up great fantasy numbers.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:13 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel bad for the Lions this week.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:43 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman View Post
i'm deciding on hills vs blount

hillis is projected for about 6 more points but you know how those go

eh crap nvm, i thought this was the fantasy thread
I'd take Blount. The Patriots always take away the biggest threat of a team. Randy Moss, Ray Rice, Brandon Marshall etc. I think they'll play a lot of big guys up front and crowd the middle of the field and trust McCourty and Arrington one on one on the outside vs the Browns WRs.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
I feel bad for the Lions this week.
Why?tencharacters
Old 11-05-2010, 08:14 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Why?tencharacters
I fully expect the Jets to layeth the smacketh down, no homer.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everybody should fear the Charlie Whitehurst.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Go with Felix Jones. Brown has down **** all the past few years and I can easily see Jones having a few big runs and a TD.
It's hard for me for to endorse starting any Cowboys running back...it's impossible to run behind that line.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
It's hard for me for to endorse starting any Cowboys running back...it's impossible to run behind that line.
Igor doesn't like it either it would seem:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...wboys-offense/

He blames the playcalling....welcome to the club! This whole board has been there since week 1...Cowboys fans have been there for at least 2 seasons now.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Igor doesn't like it either it would seem:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...wboys-offense/

He blames the playcalling....welcome to the club! This whole board has been there since week 1...Cowboys fans have been there for at least 2 seasons now.
It's a mess. The defense wants us to run it, but Garrett doesnt even bother to establish the run anymore, and sometimes I dont blame him, because there is literally never anywhere to go. Felix is getting hit in the backfield two out of every three carries. I've never seen a Dallas line this bad at run blocking. It's sickening....this team is really hard to watch.

That said...even if we did have a decent o-line, you know Garrett still wouldnt run that much. But right now, it's just a lost cause.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-05-2010 at 02:54 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let Tashard run!

It can't hurt at this point.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
I fully expect the Jets to layeth the smacketh down, no homer.
I expect the Lions to play them close, Suh gets neck snap number two of the year on Sanchez. Book it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arizona getting 8 is looking pretty tempting right now. Harvin's ankle is ******, I think he would lose a race to Stephen Hawking right now. Bernard Berrian and Greg Camarillo might be the Vikings starters this week. Time to run some triple option with Webb, Peterson and Gerhart and pray for the best.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate the Chiefs. Not only do they have the easiest schedule I've ever seen, but then they face an Aso-less Raiders team.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:13 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions will beat the Jets, you heard it here first!

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
I hate the Chiefs. Not only do they have the easiest schedule I've ever seen, but then they face an Aso-less Raiders team.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs will be the team that isn't as good next year because they play a tough schedule. They're improving but they still need another year or two.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
The Chiefs will be the team that isn't as good next year because they play a tough schedule. They're improving but they still need another year or two.
No one (at least no sane Chiefs fan) has ever debated that. To be a truly great team we'll need another great draft or two. We still have some big holes to fill.

I don't think we'll be bad next year. It all depends on our young talent continuing to develop and bringing in another good draft class.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
No one (at least no sane Chiefs fan) has ever debated that. To be a truly great team we'll need another great draft or two. We still have some big holes to fill.

I don't think we'll be bad next year. It all depends on our young talent continuing to develop and bringing in another good draft class.
Yeah. I hate to bring up a Simmons column but you are the Dolphins from 2 years ago in my mind. On the right track but looking better than you actually are. In 2 years it'll be your division.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah. I hate to bring up a Simmons column but you are the Dolphins from 2 years ago in my mind. On the right track but looking better than you actually are. In 2 years it'll be your division.
Ya I agree with that. They are good enough right now to beat up on a bunch of cupcake teams, but not good enough to beat legit teams (similar to the Bucs)
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:34 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go GIANTS!!!! U guys win and by weeks end, the Rams are in tied for first place. And if the playoffs were to start then, WE'D BE IN!!!!! WOO-HOO!!!!!! Letsz go GIANTS!
Old 11-06-2010, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Ya I agree with that. They are good enough right now to beat up on a bunch of cupcake teams, but not good enough to beat legit teams (similar to the Bucs)
I'm not sure about that. They did stay really close against a Colts team that still had some healthy players, beat the (struggling, but still) Chargers and lost to the Texans only because their defense **** the bed in the 4th quarter. I'm really starting to like that team and am already eating a lot of crow about them. Now if only they could find themselves a real quarterback, they'd be a threat.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs and Bucs are for real IMO.
KC has a good running game to go along with a very good defense. The secondary is fantastic, Hali is a DPOY candidate at passrusher, and the DLine is shaping up. QB is obviously a major question mark, but with the solid foundation they've built up, I can see them being a solid team for a while.
Tampa is similar. Awesome young talent. Freeman should develop into a true franchise QB, and the drafts they've had have really loaded them up well.

Maybe harder schedules will set them back in a year, but I can see both of these teams being serious contenders for the future.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
The Chiefs and Bucs are for real IMO.
KC has a good running game to go along with a very good defense. The secondary is fantastic, Hali is a DPOY candidate at passrusher, and the DLine is shaping up. QB is obviously a major question mark, but with the solid foundation they've built up, I can see them being a solid team for a while.
Tampa is similar. Awesome young talent. Freeman should develop into a true franchise QB, and the drafts they've had have really loaded them up well.

Maybe harder schedules will set them back in a year, but I can see both of these teams being serious contenders for the future.
I don't buy in to the Bucs hype. They beat the Browns, Panthers, Bengals, Rams @ home, and the Cards. They lost to the Steelers (38-13) and the Saints (31-6).

They are better than the lower tier teams but not good enough to compete with the big boys. I see a possible wildcard winner and a first round exit. If Benn keeps it up, Blount stays hot, and McCoy starts causing havoc I could see them becoming pretty scary.

Last edited by Scotty D : 11-06-2010 at 01:13 AM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:11 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
..like the Raiders. I already said the good times were over.

We sold this game out, too. It's gonna be wilddd!!!!
619 is offline   Reply With Quote