Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 11-03-2010, 10:27 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 9: Bucs at Falcons

Who would have thought this game would be for the division lead with both teams at 5-2?

Bucs are the 2nd youngest team in the NFL, but may have the youngest starting lineup in the League. They have been a huge surprise, but have not been able to be competitive with Super Bowl contenders so far. They have been dynamite on the road however (5-0 dating back to last season).

Atlanta has been very impressive this year and were able to find a way to win in a game against SF that they really should have lost (Roddy White, MVP??)
Matt Ryan looks every bit of a franchise QB and the Falcons will look to gash the Bucs run defense, which ranks 30th in the NFL.

Matchup I am looking forward to seeing:
Roddy White vs. Aquib Talib: That should be an interesting battle. Last year, Talib had his way with him in the 2 games combined, so lets see how it goes this time.

PREDICTION:
Atlanta: 27 Bucs: 20
Atlanta is hot and coming off a bye. They are fresh and had an extra week to prepare. They will look to pound the rock with Turner 20-25 times in this game, and if the bucs can't slow down the run, then they will be in trouble. Ryan won't go pass happy against the leading INT Bucs defense.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:36 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We will lose.

I think Turner will have his way with our run D.

Roddy will be moved around catch some play action passes.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
SloppyJoe
Rookie

SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

let's move to 6-2 !!!

27:20 BUCS
SloppyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

I also think the Bucs will lose. The Bucs haven't proven they can stop the run, so Turner should have an excellent day running the ball, which in turn will open up the passing game for Ryan.

I'm hoping this game isn't as bad as the NO or PIT games, and that some semblence of a running game with Blount will at least keep it entertaining into the 4th quarter.

In the end ATL wins 28-17, and that would be an improvement over the last "good" team the Bucs faced.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good performance guys. One yard shy of potentially stealing one from the Falcons away.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

Yea good game, pretty tough loss..
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still think they should have called a QB sneak with Freeman. But overall, great performance by this young team. The defense stepped up big in the 2nd half. Freeman on that first drive in the 2nd half killed us with a pick. The Bucs had all the momentum and put our defense in a bad spot after they were putting tons of pressure on Ryan. But Josh Freeman stepped up when it counted, but it just wasnt enough.

Greg Olsen, Why are calling misdirection plays on 4th and in. Those are hit or miss. You run it behind your 310 lb FB or you sneak it with your 255lb QB.

But, you can't take credit away from the Falcons and Matt Ryan. He played awesome, even though the Bucs defense slowed down Michael Turner, which impressed me the most. The NFC South is THE best division in football.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very good game.

LeGarrette should have kept it inside on that last run.

Should see more respect from this game.

Man, we turn the ball over twice, have that last drive eat up 7+ minutes and still lose. Real tough loss.

I'm sorry, but Ruud is worthless. Pile jumper. I was actually able to watch a whole game for the first time this year and noticed what everyone says is right about him, dude makes tackles 5 yards into our defensive back field.

Loved the few plays Watson made late in the game.

McCoy was getting hella' double teamed.

Ronde is old.

Love Biggers.

Love the on side kick call, and feel like we got robbed on that. Barth didn't touch the ball till he was supposed to. Camera angles were sh!t and were not conclusive to overturn that call.

Spurlock had a hell of a game.

Blount really needs to work on his pass pro.

Mike Dub had some drops, 2 I think.

Free made a couple of mistakes, needs to learn to take the sack instead of trying to make a play over the middle (Babineaux(sp?) Int)

That's all I can think of right now.

I was expecting a loss, but to lose when we were that close, still hurts.

LOL @ the folks thinking that Atlanta was going to put it on us like the Saints and Steelers.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
Old 11-07-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

At least we beat that 8.5 point spread. lol

Old 11-07-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
Very good game.

LeGarrette should have kept it inside on that last run.

Should see more respect from this game.

Man, we turn the ball over twice, have that last drive eat up 7+ minutes and still lose. Real tough loss.

I'm sorry, but Ruud is worthless. Pile jumper. I was actually able to watch a whole game for the first time this year and noticed what everyone says is right about him, dude makes tackles 5 yards into our defensive back field.

Loved the few plays Watson made late in the game.

McCoy was getting hella' double teamed.

Ronde is old.

Love Biggers.

Love the on side kick call, and feel like we got robbed on that. Barth didn't touch the ball till he was supposed to. Camera angles were sh!t and were not conclusive to overturn that call.

Spurlock had a hell of a game.

Blount really needs to work on his pass pro.

Mike Dub had some drops, 2 I think.

Free made a couple of mistakes, needs to learn to take the sack instead of trying to make a play over the middle (Babineaux(sp?) Int)

That's all I can think of right now.

I was expecting a loss, but to lose when we were that close, still hurts.

LOL @ the folks thinking that Atlanta was going to put it on us like the Saints and Steelers.
The way Dekoda Watson played is a good sign that might lead us to think about moving Black to MLB and start Watson. I know it's one game, but the guy has the talent. Our safeties were exposed alot today and that and DE are our #1 needs for us going into the draft. When you play the Tampa 2, the Safeties cannot get beat and half to cover that over the top deep throw. That big play to Jenkins killed us. Grimm can play SS, but he isn't a ball hawk and we need a FS back there.

McCoy had is best game. I saw constant double teams but he was aggressive and fighting through. Made some nice tackles at the LOS and a few for loss. Had nice pressure and got some hits on Ryan.

Ruud is garbage. He doesn't fill the gaps that were created by our DTs today.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its pretty funny to watch Ruud. Watch him on the 2nd Turner TD, he just gets destroyed by a linemen. Its like that on pretty much every down.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:02 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Quote:
"It was a dive play and I kicked it outside,'' said Blount, who was supposed to follow his lead blocker, Roy Miller, and run behind Joseph on the play.
There ya go, from the man himself.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bummer. Roy had actually cleared enough space up the middle that Blount probably could have gotten the first down.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Sure as heck didn't look like as a dive play, unless he's just covering for Roy Miller, who went left.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to see Watson used more as a pass rushing OLB when we go 3-4 or 3-3-5. Thats what he did best in college.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:19 AM    (permalink
YoJoeBucsFan
Veteran

YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Ruud was running away from contact, and Blount missed the 1st down by running to the right. Bad loss that hopefully doesn't completely wipe out the team.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

At the end of the day the game was much closer than I thought it was going to be. Even with Freeman not having a very good day they were within a yard of having the lead with about 3 minutes left. That's encouraging, when you compare this game to the NO and PIT games, but extremely frustrating to be so close to taking the lead late.

A lot of games left to play.

My Grandfather
Old 11-08-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Bucs say Coach to QB transmitter somehow went out during critical goal line series

LINK

Thoughts?

Old 11-08-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Quote:
Bucs say Coach to QB transmitter somehow went out during critical goal line series

LINK

Thoughts?
I think they need to deal with that kind of stuff. Shouldn't a coach or the backup QB be able to send in the play via hand signals.

My Grandfather

Last edited by Watchman : 11-08-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:45 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...-Falcons-recap