Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Alot of people bashing this.. he is way too young to just say it is over now. Plenty of injuries though which ultimately can slow you down, he can still play but not sure his gamebreaking talent will still be there. O and Buffalo is going to put him at DE?
A lot of people bashed the crap out of New England trading FOR Randy Moss in 2007, saying he was done, had lost his speed and his desire.

Then he went out and shattered records that year scoring TDs up and down the field. And he turned Brady into a prolific statistical passer.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
A lot of people bashed the crap out of New England trading FOR Randy Moss in 2007, saying he was done, had lost his speed and his desire.

Then he went out and shattered records that year scoring TDs up and down the field. And he turned Brady into a prolific statistical passer.
Yeah, and remember that guy who bet $5 on the red sox winning the world series when they were down 0-3? throw him in your example too, gambles definitely pay off sometimes

Shawne could turn it around, in fact it wouldn't surprise me, but I'm glad he's gone.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:33 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To make room, we shut down Cornell Green for the year. This move just keeps getting better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Agreed about the no risk aspect, which is why I am good with it..
Merriman, Maybin wont see the field again this year (barring injuries), and with luck on our side, ever again...
Uh, what? With luck, I would hope that the youngest player on our team could begin to turn his career around, not fade into the most epic of busts.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:56 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
FWIW, Tampa Bay and Miami also put in waiver claims for LB Shawne Merriman. 6 hourss ago via ÜberTwitter
Merriman would've made a pass rush better, i really don't think it could've gotten any worse.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
To make room, we shut down Cornell Green for the year. This move just keeps getting better.

Uh, what? With luck, I would hope that the youngest player on our team could begin to turn his career around, not fade into the most epic of busts.
Its the gift that keeps on giving!!
If Maybin can turn around his career, all the better, and for his sake and the future of this team, I hope he does... I just dont see it happening, and think he was a bust the minute the decision was made to draft him, the boom potential was limited. The warning signs were clear before he was drafted, he was a situational player at best, who added weight and slowed down, every down he's played he has been the last or second to last guy off the snap, and his first step has disappeared. He is clearly at epic bust status, I do hope he turns things around, and will gladly eat crow if he does. With the money tied up into him, he will be given the chance, but for how long??
Old 11-04-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's one of the most talented defenders in the league...Anyone counting him out at 26 just because his career hit it's first bumps IMO is being either a fool or a cynic.

Nice move by the Bills...I hope he proves to be worth a contract in the offseason...That'd mean there's 3 DE/OLBs I'm excited to see hit FA in the offseason (Lawson and Kiwi are the other 2).
Old 11-04-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't see the point, even if he plays good he is gone at the end of the season any ways it's not like they got him to make a playoff run.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:23 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I really don't see the point, even if he plays good he is gone at the end of the season any ways it's not like they got him to make a playoff run.
It's never a bad thing to add talent...There's always the outside shot he stays there *snickers*.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What position will he play for the bills?
I heard they scratched the 34 and are going back to a 43

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
What position will he play for the bills?
I heard they scratched the 34 and are going back to a 43
Some people think he would've done better as a 4-3 DE anyway.

I personally think his legs are done but we will see. I think for the Bills specifically this will work out as well as signing TO did.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
He's one of the most talented defenders in the league...Anyone counting him out at 26 just because his career hit it's first bumps IMO is being either a fool or a cynic.

Nice move by the Bills...I hope he proves to be worth a contract in the offseason...That'd mean there's 3 DE/OLBs I'm excited to see hit FA in the offseason (Lawson and Kiwi are the other 2).
I understand how people feel this way, and hey shawne just passed a physical so its impossible to say something can't be done. But still, there's context. 2 sacks in 3 years? That's tough to be optimistic about. The bills, I don't think its a great fit because teams are going to score a few times and then pound the rock. The lights out of old played the run well, he's a handy tool, but still not ideal.

Hell be a redskin next year.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Suckers...
Oh yeah.

Buffalo traded away one problem child in Marshawn Lynch, now they have another one who's one more domestic argument away from being booted from the league.

Or is it just another case of the worst team in the NFL is the last stop on the long downward spiral of a former superstar career?
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol... I can't believe the number of people hating on this, the Bills get him barely above the veteran minimum for the rest of the year and even if he doesn't stick around which he probably won't, they could get a comp. pick for him if his contract is anything decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
But let me ax you this:
Kill yourself. Please.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills signed LB Shawne Merriman to a two-year extension. The deal guarantees Merriman $2.5 million for 2011, and performance incentives could escalate next year's salary to as much as $9.25 million.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:09 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Suckers...
Agree, the term garbage-picking came immediately to mind
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

in a related story Aaron Maybin has asked for an extension.when asked why Maybin replied "Well if Buffalo can give Merriman a extension for doing nothing then they can give me one as well."
Old 01-01-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bills aer getting better every day.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see taking a chance on him for some close to the league minimum for 1 year. But this is a little much for a guy who cant stay healthy.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have to overpay just to take these chances. The fans aren't hating it.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
We have to overpay just to take these chances. The fans aren't hating it.
i love it it's 2.5 mill, f it, who else would we get for 2.5 mill?
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think $2.5M is bad at all, pretty low risk move if you ask me.
Stash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:21 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
i love it it's 2.5 mill, f it, who else would we get for 2.5 mill?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
I don't think $2.5M is bad at all, pretty low risk move if you ask me.
So paying someone who you know is damaged goods $2.5 million for never playing a down with your team is a good idea? If he gets cut after training camp he essentially collected $5.7 million from the Bills for 9 monthes and zero meaningful snaps.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:50 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it. Buffalo has no choice but to over pay for FAs. I like that there willing to role the dice to get better.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:00 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's only 26. There's no guarantee that he'll never play well again. I think it's a decent risk to take.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:00 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I like it. Buffalo has no choice but to over pay for FAs. I like that there willing to role the dice to get better.
They rolled the dice once already on him and lost. To do it again is just foolsih.