Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Americanzi
Posts: 15,327
Reputation: 1428349
iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I don't see why Oregon would have to vacate the national title.
Ohhhhh you.

Actually I agree, but I was just trying to get the discussion back on topic!
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,101
Reputation: 3213110
Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Ohhhhh you.

Actually I agree, but I was just trying to get the discussion back on topic!
I think Auburn would gladly win now and kick the can down the road 4 or 5 years like USC did with Reggie Bush. Let the new regime clean up the mess.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Americanzi
Posts: 15,327
Reputation: 1428349
iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I think Auburn would gladly win now and kick the can down the road 4 or 5 years like USC did with Reggie Bush. Let the new regime clean up the mess.
Oh, absolutely. I was just bringing up that this could be the first time we see a vacated NC, unless it's happened before that I do not remember.

Has there ever even been another season where we knew during the season that if a team won the NC, it may get vacated? Obviously, that's always a possibility, but I mean like this situation.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,108
Reputation: 2563786
JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I think Auburn would gladly win now and kick the can down the road 4 or 5 years like USC did with Reggie Bush. Let the new regime clean up the mess.
I agree, but the can won't go far. The FBI is involved. They aren't going to sit with their thumbs up their butts like the NCAA.

The problem that the NCAA had with Reggie is that they have zero subpoena powers. I.e. it's all about cooperating unless there is evidence out there. This is why USC didn't do anything, as they didn't have to. They were lucky there wasn't more evidence for the NCAA to go on. The NCAA pushed it as it was with their ruling based on the facts instead of the inferred information.

That's beacuse the NCAA rules more like a civil case, in that the burden of proof is that something very likely happened. Versus a criminal case where it's beyond a reasonable doubt.

Combine that burden of very likely, with a federal case with federal evidence, and the NCAA will move pretty quickly. They were humiliated over the USC stuff.

No one thought that another SMU death penalty would happen, but if some of this stuff is true, they are going to have to give Auburn the giant ban hammer.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Time Warp, CA
Posts: 5,165
Reputation: 138087
LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

The NCAA is hoping that Bama &/or SCAR beat Auburn so the onus will be off their backs...... for awhile.

Then hand the NC to Oregon, or TCU, or Boise St.

They are also hoping aliens will land on the Mall in DC, anything to take this story out of the headlines. The NCAA is looking bad for failure to take action, the SEC worse. And maybe soon the Heisman Committee will look the worst of all if they give it to Newton with a conditional asterisk * next to his name.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NC State
Posts: 8,260
Reputation: 997298
descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

With all of this talk about Cam Newton receiving $180,000 from Auburn boosters, the NCAA is looking into instituting a rookie wage scale - trying to cap how much boosters can illegally give to athletes.

/bad joke
__________________
I was gone for 2 months doing things I can't talk about. It might happen again, but that's just the nature of what I do and who I am.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NC State
Posts: 8,260
Reputation: 997298
descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
The NCAA is hoping that Bama &/or SCAR beat Auburn so the onus will be off their backs...... for awhile.

Then hand the NC to Oregon, or TCU, or Boise St.

They are also hoping aliens will land on the Mall in DC, anything to take this story out of the headlines. The NCAA is looking bad for failure to take action, the SEC worse. And maybe soon the Heisman Committee will look the worst of all if they give it to Newton with a conditional asterisk * next to his name.
If Auburn wins and Cam Newton is declared inelligible, there will be no national champion. You don't get it if the other team is disqualified.
__________________
I was gone for 2 months doing things I can't talk about. It might happen again, but that's just the nature of what I do and who I am.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Americanzi
Posts: 15,327
Reputation: 1428349
iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
With all of this talk about Cam Newton receiving $180,000 from Auburn boosters, the NCAA is looking into instituting a rookie wage scale - trying to cap how much boosters can illegally give to athletes.

/bad joke
I will reply with a much better joke that I'm stealing from a Northwestern fan's sign for gameday:

Come to Northwestern: Our grads make more money than SEC recruits!
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:53 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Time Warp, CA
Posts: 5,165
Reputation: 138087
LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Yeah, this is crazy stuff. If even 10% of this is true, they are nuked.

Here is a summary of the message board link:

The FBI has been investigating Colonial Bank and Louder for a number
of possible violations in the financial market crash which are
unrelated to AU. Part of the investigation involved gambling fraud
between McGregor and Colonial Bank. Something called the Rico Stature
allowed the justice department to set up wiretaps on Colonial Bank.
On the wiretaps the FBI found major AU recruiting infractions involving
Louder, McGregor, Dye, Trooper, boosters and others.
Here’s what they say the FBI has on tape and can prove AU did:

• The people above are on tape explaining who they paid and how they did it.
• It involves many AU players
• Providing unmarked Colonial Bank ATM cards to players to withdraw
money from secret accounts.
• Giving “slot machine cards” to the players, which now involves the
Alabama Gaming Commission.
• Provided improper loans to some of the families in our last and
current recruiting class.
• The NCAA “strongly” recommended that AU sit Cam for GA. game because
of the mounting evidence.
• President Grogue wanted to sit Cam but was overruled by Louder and
the Board of Trustees.
• Coach Chizik knows none of this and has been lied to by Jacobs.
• The people named above know the S%#& is going to hit the fan “big
time” and have decided “we’re going down” so lets win the title even
if they take it away later.
• Slive knew about this early and sat on the information and is also
in the “crosshairs” of the FBI..
• The corruption is so deep at the highest level (trustees) that AU
will be evicted from kicked out of the SEC.
• This will be revealed by the end of the week.
Apparently the follow the $ approach led them to Cam's uncle in Michigan + several other middlemen. Maybe the fact that there were so many hands in this explains the long delay from the NCAA in taking any punitive action. Still the $250K money trail ended with Cecil & there's the bottom line:

I received this from relatives in Alabama this morning, it's p/o the same email msg. as above:

“…The Feds have tape from wire taps made on McGregor and other prominent Auburn boosters from their investigation. The Newton 's were just shopping their talent's to the wrong people at the wrong time and thus there is hard evidence available that incriminates everyone involved. It's only a matter of time that all of this information becomes public.

FBI found out about Cam before the NCAA did while wiretapping Milton
McGregor and others related to the casino/bingo indictments. They uncovered conversations with McGregor, Auburn and Cam's uncle in Michigan . McGregor paid $250K to the uncle through a PAC and other hidden entities and the uncle funneled the money to Cecil. "
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:56 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,108
Reputation: 2563786
JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Apparently the follow the $ approach led them to Cam's uncle in Michigan + several other middlemen. Maybe the fact that there were so many hands in this explains the long delay from the NCAA in taking any punitive action. Still the $250K money trail ended with Cecil & there's the bottom line:

I received this from relatives in Alabama this morning, it's p/o the same email msg. as above:

“…The Feds have tape from wire taps made on McGregor and other prominent Auburn boosters from their investigation. The Newton 's were just shopping their talent's to the wrong people at the wrong time and thus there is hard evidence available that incriminates everyone involved. It's only a matter of time that all of this information becomes public.

FBI found out about Cam before the NCAA did while wiretapping Milton
McGregor and others related to the casino/bingo indictments. They uncovered conversations with McGregor, Auburn and Cam's uncle in Michigan . McGregor paid $250K to the uncle through a PAC and other hidden entities and the uncle funneled the money to Cecil. "
Interesting rumors/info... I wonder if this story blows up after the SEC title game or after the NC game?

Kinda surprised that it's been taking so long.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:17 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,195
Reputation: 73557
metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Interesting rumors/info... I wonder if this story blows up after the SEC title game or after the NC game?

Kinda surprised that it's been taking so long.
LMFAO.

There is no story. You are being riled up by dumbass Bammers and media who dont have a clue.
metafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,195
Reputation: 73557
metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Oh yeah; and NCAA ruled Newton eligible today.

Zing.
metafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,108
Reputation: 2563786
JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metafour View Post
Oh yeah; and NCAA ruled Newton eligible today.

Zing.
Here is the NCAA release. What an absolute joke. This is basically a roadmap on how to pay players. Everyone denies the kid knew and daddy get's paid. The NCAA is corrupt/powerless.

Might as well just formally professionalize if players are going to get away with getting paid $200k to join a team.

Quote:
NCAA addresses Cam Newton's eligibility

Auburn University football student-athlete Cam Newton is immediately eligible to compete, according to a decision today by the NCAA student-athlete reinstatement staff. The NCAA concluded on Monday that a violation of amateurism rules occurred, therefore Auburn University declared the student-athlete ineligible yesterday for violations of NCAA amateurism rules.

When a school discovers an NCAA rules violation has occurred, it must declare the student-athlete ineligible and may request the student-athlete’s eligibility be reinstated. Reinstatement decisions are made by the NCAA national office staff and can include conditions such as withholding from competition and repayment of extra benefits. Newton was reinstated without any conditions.

According to facts of the case agreed upon by Auburn University and the NCAA enforcement staff, the student-athlete’s father and an owner of a scouting service worked together to actively market the student-athlete as a part of a pay-for-play scenario in return for Newton’s commitment to attend college and play football. NCAA rules (Bylaw 12.3.3) do not allow individuals or entities to represent a prospective student-athlete for compensation to a school for an athletic scholarship.

In conjunction with the case, Auburn University has limited the access Newton’s father has to the athletics program and Mississippi State has disassociated the involved individual.

“The conduct of Cam Newton’s father and the involved individual is unacceptable and has no place in the SEC or in intercollegiate athletics,” said Mike Slive, Southeastern Conference Commissioner. “The actions taken by Auburn University and Mississippi State University make it clear this behavior will not be tolerated in the SEC.”

“Our members have established rules for a fair and equal recruitment of student-athletes, as well as to promote integrity in the recruiting process,” said Kevin Lennon, NCAA vice president for academic and membership affairs. “In determining how a violation impacts a student-athlete’s eligibility, we must consider the young person’s responsibility. Based on the information available to the reinstatement staff at this time, we do not have sufficient evidence that Cam Newton or anyone from Auburn was aware of this activity, which led to his reinstatement. From a student-athlete reinstatement perspective, Auburn University met its obligation under NCAA bylaw 14.11.1. Under this threshold, the student-athlete has not participated while ineligible.”

“We are pleased that the NCAA has agreed with our position that Cam Newton has been and continues to be eligible to play football at Auburn University,” Auburn University Director of Athletics Jay Jacobs said. “We appreciate the diligence and professionalism of the NCAA and its handling of this matter. “

During the reinstatement process, NCAA staff review each case on its own merits based on the specific facts. Staff decisions are made based on a number of factors including guidelines established by the Division I NCAA Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement, as well as any mitigating factors presented by the university.

Reinstatement decisions are independent of the NCAA enforcement process and typically are made once the facts of the student-athlete’s involvement are determined. The reinstatement process is likely to conclude prior to the close of an investigation. It is NCAA policy not to comment on current, pending or potential investigations.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,108
Reputation: 2563786
JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Oh, and Reggie Bush should get his Heisman back and USC should be "unpunished". Ridiculous.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,787
Reputation: 80993
critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Apparently the follow the $ approach led them to Cam's uncle in Michigan + several other middlemen. Maybe the fact that there were so many hands in this explains the long delay from the NCAA in taking any punitive action. Still the $250K money trail ended with Cecil & there's the bottom line:

I received this from relatives in Alabama this morning, it's p/o the same email msg. as above:

“…The Feds have tape from wire taps made on McGregor and other prominent Auburn boosters from their investigation. The Newton 's were just shopping their talent's to the wrong people at the wrong time and thus there is hard evidence available that incriminates everyone involved. It's only a matter of time that all of this information becomes public.

FBI found out about Cam before the NCAA did while wiretapping Milton
McGregor and others related to the casino/bingo indictments. They uncovered conversations with McGregor, Auburn and Cam's uncle in Michigan . McGregor paid $250K to the uncle through a PAC and other hidden entities and the uncle funneled the money to Cecil. "
pretty sure there is an article out there from the ncaa saying milton mcgregor had nothing to do with this so there goes that rumour. and yeah. boom
__________________


RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,195
Reputation: 73557
metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Here is the NCAA release. What an absolute joke. This is basically a roadmap on how to pay players. Everyone denies the kid knew and daddy get's paid. The NCAA is corrupt/powerless.

Might as well just formally professionalize if players are going to get away with getting paid $200k to join a team.
You are an idiot.

He has been cleared because there is absolutely no proof that anyone paid his father any money. None. The fact that he simply "spoke" about money is not enough to:

A) Conclude that he actually got money. Think of how many close family members of top recruits seek out money...its a lot more prevalent than you'd assume. Every 5-star kid has that "Uncle" that is looking to get paid.

B) Rule him ineligible. The NCAA has never ruled a player ineligible for a family member discussing money; nor should they, because the amount of ineligible players would be in the hundreds if they chose to do so.
metafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,101
Reputation: 3213110
Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metafour View Post
You are an idiot.

He has been cleared because there is absolutely no proof that anyone paid his father any money. None. The fact that he simply "spoke" about money is not enough to:

A) Conclude that he actually got money. Think of how many close family members of top recruits seek out money...its a lot more prevalent than you'd assume. Every 5-star kid has that "Uncle" that is looking to get paid.

B) Rule him ineligible. The NCAA has never ruled a player ineligible for a family member discussing money; nor should they, because the amount of ineligible players would be in the hundreds if they chose to do so.
People stating an opinion arent idiots so get off that kick.

This to me sets a terrible precedent. I'd also say dont try this if you're a Washington or a Minnesota.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,779
Reputation: 303889
keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

this is all screwed up. the ncaa technically can't do anything without proof that the guy got paid, which is fair....but you gotta wonder with the fact that the guy was asking for money for his son's signature, has this ever been done before. The NCAA is kinda playing dumb here and ignoring the fact that this probably has happened before many a time and nothing has been done about it. I guess it's true when they talk about the SEC having their own rules when it comes to recruiting.
__________________
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,195
Reputation: 73557
metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
People stating an opinion arent idiots so get off that kick.
What opinion? He doesn't have an opinion on whether or not Newton received any money. He has absolutely no knowledge of whether he took any money. His post was instituting that Newton did indeed get money but Cameron got off because "Cam didn't know". That is bull****. Cameron got off because there is no proof that anyone paid his father any money. That is not opinion, that is the fact right now.

Obviously if money was found to be exchanged then he wouldn't be eligible right now.
metafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 766
Reputation: 12221
HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

unreal. don't ride in a golf cart. don't lie to the NCAA about nothing. don't accept $500 and self report it.

but sure. go ahead and take a couple hundred thousand dollars and fix up your dilapidated, dying church. you'll only be suspended for a Tuesday.
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:21 PM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 766
Reputation: 12221
HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metafour View Post
What opinion? He doesn't have an opinion on whether or not Newton received any money. He has absolutely no knowledge of whether he took any money. His post was instituting that Newton did indeed get money but Cameron got off because "Cam didn't know". That is bull****. Cameron got off because there is no proof that anyone paid his father any money. That is not opinion, that is the fact right now.

Obviously if money was found to be exchanged then he wouldn't be eligible right now.
there's no proof......yet. let's see what the FBI investigation turns up since they, you know, have the ability to turn things up.
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,195
Reputation: 73557
metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HindSight View Post
but sure. go ahead and take a couple hundred thousand dollars and fix up your dilapidated, dying church. you'll only be suspended for a Tuesday.
The church has undergone the bare minimum amount of renovation to be eligible of not being demolished. It is STILL not fit to be in use.

Go take a trip yourself. I know from first-hand reports that the church looks like there was barely $200 put into renovating it; let alone $200,000.
metafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,195
Reputation: 73557
metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HindSight View Post
there's no proof......yet. let's see what the FBI investigation turns up since they, you know, have the ability to turn things up.
The FBI's investigation is not centered around whether or not Cecil Newton received money. Could they uncover something? Possibly; but their investigation is about Kenny Rogers and NFL agent Ian Greengross: NOT Cameron Newton.
metafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 10,816
Reputation: 206172
Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

This is the best news ever. yeye
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 766
Reputation: 12221
HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metafour View Post
The FBI's investigation is not centered around whether or not Cecil Newton received money. Could they uncover something? Possibly; but their investigation is about Kenny Rogers and NFL agent Ian Greengross: NOT Cameron Newton.
And your point is? They'll find something if there's something to find....which of course there is. only an Auburn fan or somebody who just likes to argue would deny that.

The NCAA not finding anything is like the blind kid losing at Where's Waldo. Hooray.....Auburns 2010 season will be vacated in a few years instead of ending prematurely.....and also being vacated. At least they'll get to print up TShirts this way.
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.