Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Warning: Don't touch Lord Favre

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl...ory?id=5767916

Quote:
New England Patriots defensive lineman Myron Pryor has been fined $7,500 for a fourth-quarter hit that opened a cut on the chin of Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Pryor was not penalized on the play, which resulted in Favre getting 10 stitches and leaving the game.

Pryor told the Boston Herald earlier this week that his helmet "slid up into Favre's chin" after he first hit the quarterback in the chest.

He added: "You don't mean to hurt somebody. And when it happened, I didn't think I hit him hard enough to make him [injured]. But maybe just from the impact going to the ground and from me laying on top of him, that's what made the chin messed up."

The Patriots face the Cleveland Browns on Sunday in Cleveland.
They need to put some flags around his waist so people won't have to hit him while trying to make a textbook tackle.

If you haven't seen the hit, you need to. This is absolutely absurd.

edit: The tackle was in his chest. The helmet was a good 6+ inches below his chin when the act of falling down cause their bodies to shift. When Favre hit the ground his head came forward and went into the top of Pryor's helmet. Pryor didn't drive him into the ground or his helmet into Favre's chin.

Last edited by descendency : 11-05-2010 at 12:29 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah i saw that, this is ******* weak. Just put a god damn flag on the old fart. This was a clean hit.

I think Troy Polamalu's idea is the best solution for this. Get a group of retired players or something of that sort and have them form a group that will decide whether or not the hit was wreckless or not. I think former players/players would have a better idea of a players intent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clean hit. No question. I'm not being a homer at all either. Merri's hit was cheap **** and dirty as hell, but this one was completely clean. Players get cut every single game. Just because this one happened to Brett Favre doesn't mean he should be fined.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I think Steve Hutchinson should be fined for the look out block he threw on that play.

That was just good football by Pryor
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's the hit. The sliding helmet thing is crap too. His helmet was NOWHERE near his.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-05-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ******* hate Favre. such a huge cry baby.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:41 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Clean hit. No question. I'm not being a homer at all either. Merri's hit was cheap **** and dirty as hell, but this one was completely clean. Players get cut every single game. Just because this one happened to Brett Favre doesn't mean he should be fined.
Exactly.

Also, how was holding not called on this play? Pryor gets a fine for beasting through a hold and making a clean tackle.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:42 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You just can't have some no-name defensive lineman knocking out Lord Favre.

(Or at least that's how I assume the NFL is justifying this....)

Total BS. There needs to be major rule clarification this offseason....
Old 11-05-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That tackle followed the rules the NFL just released, but **** it fine him anyway because its Farve? Please where are the people defending this rule saying everyone was overreacting (still only one case I know) but this was the **** everyone was worried about. **** off Goodell..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be surprised if they reverse the fine if it gets enough criticism. I remember Justin Tuck hitting a QB clean but hard and the NFL tried to fine him, but caught so much flack for it that they said "Oh, uh, nevermind."

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't pay if I was Pryor.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping that this is some bad info and that maybe the fine is on the guy that went helmet to helmet on Favre earlier in the game.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I wouldn't pay if I was Pryor.
Yeah I'd tell them to stuff it and totally appeal that ********. I'd never pay that.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

This should be appealed. Pryor isn't a rich man either. He's a league minimum guy right now I believe. That's not just something he can sneeze at.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-05-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. I've been okay with all the fines up to now, but this one is just embarrassing. That was a completely clean hit. Top to bottom. What a joke.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah that is complete and total bull ****. Clean hit, he got hurt. It happens all of the time, if he still wants to keep playing then they can't bend the rules for him. So bs.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

So I'm totally on the **** Goodell bandwagon now. I've always been a step away from it, but this is it for me. Guys a clown. We're headed towards a lockout and he's trying to change the most basic rules in the game. ********. Get him out of there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-05-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a bad fine NFL. Really bad.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This should be appealed. Pryor isn't a rich man either. He's a league minimum guy right now I believe. That's not just something he can sneeze at.
I bet the Pats would give him some sort of work out bonus to cover it or make it hurt less if he does have to pay. I know teams have done that in the past.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I bet the Pats would give him some sort of work out bonus to cover it or make it hurt less if he does have to pay. I know teams have done that in the past.
I was saying in the team thread that this one has "team donations" written all over it. I would be shocked if Pryor actually has to open his wallet at all, assuming it doesn't get reversed under appeal. One of the big money guys (Mayo, I'm looking at you) could hand him a nice wad of straight cash homie.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Oh, no doubt about it. I doubt he ends up having to pay this either way. I just don't understand how the league office could think this would be absolutely anything to help their image or is the right thing to do. Very, very stupid.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-05-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh, no doubt about it. I doubt he ends up having to pay this either way. I just don't understand how the league office could think this would be absolutely anything to help their image or is the right thing to do. Very, very stupid.
Is the NFL even stating why he got fined? I mean theres really nowhere else he could of hit Farve, a little higher and its helmet to helemt, a little lower and its the legs which is also a penalty/fine. Theres like a two and a half foot radius area where you can hit the QB now and Pryor got it and still got fined.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Is the NFL even stating why he got fined? I mean theres really nowhere else he could of hit Farve, a little higher and its helmet to helemt, a little lower and its the legs which is also a penalty/fine. Theres like a two and a half foot radius area where you can hit the QB now and Pryor got it and still got fined.
It's obvious that they want to eliminate contacting the quarterback entirely! Can't risk losing the faces of the NFL to injury.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J255979-11nine View Post
It's obvious that they want to eliminate contacting the quarterback entirely! Can't risk losing the faces of the NFL to injury.
Basically, yes. If you hurt a starting QB, much less a star, expect a fine. Just seems to be how it is.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Basically, yes. If you hurt a starting QB, much less a star, expect a fine. Just seems to be how it is.
Well I think its pretty obvious from this thats true, its still effing bull ****. Doesnt help this whole tension with the lockout next year. Can you imagine not having Football next year, I think it'd be the end of the world.

Quote:
Quote: