Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's gonna be the best of these QB's when all is said and done?
Josh Freeman, Bucs 59 15.17%
Matthew Stafford, Lions 125 32.13%
Sam Bradford, Rams 76 19.54%
Mark Sanchez, Jets 19 4.88%
Joe Flacco, Ravens 32 8.23%
Matt Ryan, Falcons 78 20.05%
Voters: 389. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2010, 03:36 AM    (permalink
Joecool
Rookie

Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool

1. Flacco
2. Bradford
3. Sanchez
4. Ryan
5. Stafford
6. Freeman

Maybe ryan over sanchez but i like holmes and edwards more than white and nobody.
Joecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:51 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
1. Flacco
2. Bradford
3. Sanchez
4. Ryan
5. Stafford
6. Freeman

Maybe ryan over sanchez but i like holmes and edwards more than white and nobody.
Interesting.

1. Chances of Holmes and Edwards staying together beyond this year seem minimal.

2. Did you watch the game last night? I'm not sure I agree with your statement, even ignoring other Falcons receivers completely.

Question: which QB on that list would you want to have the ball in their hands with 65 seconds left and needing a score to win the game?

Answer: Ryan everytime.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:15 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
Interesting.

1. Chances of Holmes and Edwards staying together beyond this year seem minimal.

2. Did you watch the game last night? I'm not sure I agree with your statement, even ignoring other Falcons receivers completely.

Question: which QB on that list would you want to have the ball in their hands with 65 seconds left and needing a score to win the game?

Answer: Ryan everytime.
I wouldn't mind having Flacco or Freeman. Both have shown the ability to step there game up to another level in the 4th qtr along with Matt Ryan.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Play a great game.

Automatically become greatest QB ever, both present and future.

More deserving than ******* Matt Stafford who can't stay on the field. Or Sam Bradford who is probably going to be stuck with a declining Steven Jackson and no decent receivers for the next three years.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Matt Ryan. Even though I am sick of the media with their mouths wrapped tightly around Ryan's dick. Matt Stafford can't stay on the field, and Bradford and Freeman haven't had enough of a chance to judge them. Sanchez is meh..

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
More deserving than ******* Matt Stafford who can't stay on the field. Or Sam Bradford who is probably going to be stuck with a declining Steven Jackson and no decent receivers for the next three years.

He has that right now and he's led a team that had 3 wins in the past 2 years to 4 wins in 8 games.

Plus there is physically no way that his receivers won't improve.
-Draft
-FA
-Avery comes back

And he's playing awesome right now....

And he's a rookie. Which means it's logical to assume he himself will improve, along with the talent around him.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PF Focus on Matt Ryan

Quote:
Ryan’s consistency and ability to elevate his game have him on top of our quarterback rankings for the 2010 season –yes, ahead of Rivers and Vick — and well ahead of his draft-mate Joe Flacco, despite the fact that their conventional statistics are very similar. Ryan is only 12th in passer rating at 91.9, behind guys like Matt Cassel and Vince Young and just above Flacco at 90.1 But any kind of closer look at his play shows the absolute limitation of this highly-valued stat.

Our grading rewards tougher plays, bringing some depth to the raw numbers. This season, Flacco’s QB rating nose-dives from the 90s to 65.3 on throws which he attempts under pressure. He has thrown three touchdowns and two interceptions under those circumstances, and taken 16 sacks from the 94 dropbacks he faced pressure. By contrast, Ryan, who has a similar overall QB rating in the low 90s, actually sees his QB rating soar to 98.8 on passes attempted under pressure. He has taken 15 sacks on 105 dropbacks where he faced pressure, but he has thrown seven touchdowns and has yet to throw a pick.
The article also makes mention of how he is fantastic in 3rd and long situations and in the clutch. He's going to get better and better, especially if Atlanta can ever get a slot receiver who can do anything.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrew Luck.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrew Luck is the best, young QB in the NFL today and going into the next ~5 years?

But...but...I'm gonna need a minute to process this...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like what I see from Bradford thus far. I would love to see how he would do with some better WRs.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I voted for Ryan.... can't believe he got blown away in this thread by Stafford & Bradford.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
PhinsRock
Rookie

PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam Bradford. I went to a Rams Pre season game this year up here in Foxboro....I couldn't believe how much command he had of the offense and the huddle. He stands in there, delivers a great ball, takes the hit, and doesn't say boo.

He's the next Tom Brady.

Stafford just gets hurt too damn often. Shame, but true.

I'm a Boston College guy, so, naturally I voted for Matty Ice. He'll win a ring some day and is the best big game QB out of all of the ones listed.

Sanchez can go to hell.
PhinsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
PhinsRock
Rookie

PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW, Don't count out Chad Henne just yet...He gets a lot of crap, but he's an in AWFUL system, which will be replaced this off season, and really has no RB or TE to throw to on 3rd down like most of the names up there.
PhinsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone get marky some more votes

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Flacco had over 300 yards against the #5 Pass D in the NFL. Get em Joey Get em.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Ryan just had his fourth game in a row with a QB rating over 94, his rating was 101.9, threw for 250 yards and 2 TDs. Next week against the Packers should be very interesting to watch.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Joe Flacco had over 300 yards against the #5 Pass D in the NFL. Get em Joey Get em.
You do know their pass D is ranked that high because teams just run it down their throats.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:03 PM    (permalink
shinzo123
Rookie

shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.

MARK SANCHEZ SUCKS! He is terrible with his 8 and 2 record and his 4 4th quarter OT comebacks this season, how dare he be clutch and not throw games away. What a scrub.

Edit: Oh and they beat your #1 seed patriots to a bloody pulp, look forward to doing it again. #1 in the AFC east kid.

Seriously you Jet haters are ridiculous. Don't mess with the Jet's dougie.
shinzo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinzo123 View Post
MARK SANCHEZ SUCKS! He is terrible with his 8 and 2 record and his 4 4th quarter OT comebacks this season, how dare he be clutch and not throw games away. What a scrub.

Edit: Oh and they beat your #1 seed patriots to a bloody pulp, look forward to doing it again. #1 in the AFC east kid.

Mmmmmmkay.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
You do know their pass D is ranked that high because teams just run it down their throats.
yes but let the Ravens fans have some fun in this homerfest.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinzo123 View Post

Who's this Sanchez you speak of?
Was he in uniform a couple weeks ago when my Packers blanked that team?

I thought it was Eric Zeier running that offense. :roll:
Old 11-21-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very impressed with Ryan today. Bradford was great too. Imagine if he had a Roddy type of wr.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:57 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Without breaking it down in 5 pargraphs
Id go Ryan, Flacco, Bradford, Stafford, Freeman, Sanchez if I was to have one of these guys for the next ten years

any questions please plus rep them to me
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:15 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I still can't believe Matt Stafford got more votes by himself than Matt Ryan, Flacco & Sanchez combined.

What's wrong with people here? LOL