Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's gonna be the best of these QB's when all is said and done?
Josh Freeman, Bucs 59 15.09%
Matthew Stafford, Lions 125 31.97%
Sam Bradford, Rams 76 19.44%
Mark Sanchez, Jets 19 4.86%
Joe Flacco, Ravens 33 8.44%
Matt Ryan, Falcons 79 20.20%
Voters: 391. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hate all you want but Sanchez was great in the second half against the Steelers.

He had the highest qb rating this week against the best defense out of the four, that's gotta count for something...

Things are looking good for his future.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was also a piece of **** in the first half, and that's why they lost.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Hate all you want but Sanchez was great in the second half against the Steelers.

He had the highest qb rating this week against the best defense out of the four, that's gotta count for something...

But did he beat the browns with a hurt shoulder?
Old 01-23-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

He had the highest qb rating this year against the best defense out of the four, that's gotta count for something...

People need to STOP hating, its kind of ridiculous. Hes still in his 2nd season and its not like he hasnt shown promise lol. The guy shows flashes, so its not like he cant turn it around.

4-2 in the play-offs in his first 2 seasons isnt bad.

Bradford hasnt played in the play-offs, Stafford has barely played in a game period it seems, Freeman has yet to play in the play-offs, Flacco has gotten to the play-offs 3 times so far so goo for him and Ryan isnt asked to do a whole lot to be honest, but has gotten his team to the play-offs so...

I think Mark has a bright future to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Wrong answer sir. The correct answer would be Rashard Mendenhal ripping the entire jets D a new asshole is why they lost

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did you forget when the Jets couldnt stop the steelers running game? or did you just fail to mention that part?

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
Wrong answer sir. The correct answer would be Rashard Mendenhal ripping the entire jets D a new asshole is why they lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Did you forget when the Jets couldnt stop the steelers running game? or did you just fail to mention that part?
hmmm, interesting sir. we are on the same page.

Quote:
Old 01-23-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Sanchez completely unable to run to no huddle or what? Who should I blame for that awful clock management that essentially won the 2nd half for Pittsburgh? Who thought running the ball for 2 yards a pop and huddling every single play was a good idea? If it wasn't for a fluke safety, the Jets would have had no chance of making it a game.

I'd take Sanchez's performance in the 2nd half more seriously if he wasn't leading 9 minute scoring drives in a 2 TD game.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You either didn't watch the game or you just don't know dick about football. Which is it?
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
People need to STOP hating, its kind of ridiculous. Hes still in his 2nd season and its not like he hasnt shown promise lol. The guy shows flashes, so its not like he cant turn it around.

4-2 in the play-offs in his first 2 seasons isnt bad.

Bradford hasnt played in the play-offs, Stafford has barely played in a game period it seems, Freeman has yet to play in the play-offs, Flacco has gotten to the play-offs 3 times so far so goo for him and Ryan isnt asked to do a whole lot to be honest, but has gotten his team to the play-offs so...

I think Mark has a bright future to be honest.
Your double standard is laughable. Not to mention it isn't close to as black and white as making the playoffs or not. Tons of other variable come into that equation.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:04 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Mark Sanchez also is being carried by one of the best defenses in the NFL along with a terrific o-line and running game.
same could be said for Flacco, right? And how did he do against the same competition?

so this automatically equates to... Sanchez > Flacco :D
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Your double standard is laughable. Not to mention it isn't close to as black and white as making the playoffs or not. Tons of other variable come into that equation.
What is so laughable to that?

Is it not the truth?

Quote:
Old 01-23-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What is so laughable to that?

Is it not the truth?
You praise Sanchez yet discount Ryan's performance for the exact same thing that Sanchez has. Hence the laughable double standard
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:10 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
You praise Sanchez yet discount Ryan's performance for the exact same thing that Sanchez has. Hence the laughable double standard
I wasnt saying anything bad about Ryan....

....im just saying to me it seems as though the Jets ask Mark to win more games than the Falcons do with Ryan. But thats just my opinion.

I would do it the same way, if i was the OC for the falcons i would ride the running game to death.

Quote:
Old 01-23-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanchez grew up tonight. As a Jet fan, this is the first time I legitimately have confidence in his abilities. Things are looking up.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Sanchez played well in the first half?

What is this obsession with letting guys off the hook if they play one half like ****, and the other well?

If he had any kind of consistency, they'd have won, Rashard Mendenhall or not.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:19 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Did the defense play well?

was Sanchez the one giving up 24 points? and rushing yds like crazy? or???

Quote:
Old 01-23-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Did the defense play well?

was Sanchez the one giving up 24 points? and rushing yds like crazy? or???

The Steelers couldn't put another point on the board the entire second half, maybe if the Jets put it in the endzone before the Steelers went into sleep mode, they could have pulled it out.

But everyone is going to be pissed, but does anyone want to say he played well in the first half?
Old 01-23-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
The Steelers couldn't put another point on the board the entire second half, maybe if the Jets put it in the endzone before the Steelers went into sleep mode, they could have pulled it out.

But everyone is going to be pissed, but does anyone want to say he played well in the first half?
Whats it matter? he played well as a whole?

20-33 for 233 and 2 td's? he got his team back into the game.

So because he had a bad 1st half he sucks? Good logic.

Quote:
Old 01-23-2011, 09:27 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I dont think anyone is saying he played good in the 1st half. They are just saying the Jets didnt lose just cause of Mark.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

What is this obsession with letting guys off the hook if they play one half like ****, and the other well?

If he had any kind of consistency, they'd have won, Rashard Mendenhall or not.
Did you watch the ******* game dude?

1st drive stalled because of a false start and ****** playcalling

2nd drive stalled because J-Co dropped a would be 1st down

3rd drive was basically killed on the 1st play, which was an end around for -4 yards followed by a false start

4th drive, Keisel gets a miraculous tip on a well thrown ball to a wide open J-Co down the middle on 3rd down.

By that time it was 17-0 and the only reason the jets didnt get blown out was Mark Sanchez

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wasnt saying anything bad about Ryan....

....im just saying to me it seems as though the Jets ask Mark to win more games than the Falcons do with Ryan. But thats just my opinion.

I would do it the same way, if i was the OC for the falcons i would ride the running game to death.
This isn't the "OMG ATTEMPTS=VALUABLE TO TEAM" argument, but this misnomer angers me. Ryan was 6th in the league in attempts. Just because we are a balanced offense doesn't mean Ryan doesn't win games or some **** like that.

The Jets absolutely do not depend on Mark to win games more so than Atlanta does with Matt. That's completely absurd.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
This isn't the "OMG ATTEMPTS=VALUABLE TO TEAM" argument, but this misnomer angers me. Ryan was 6th in the league in attempts. Just because we are a balanced offense doesn't mean Ryan doesn't win games or some **** like that.

The Jets absolutely do not depend on Mark to win games more so than Atlanta does with Matt. That's completely absurd.
I havent ******* dissed Ryan one time! I was just stating my opinion so back off a little.

You have your opinion, I have mine....jeez man lol

So defensive

Quote:
Old 01-23-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So according to Mort Sanchez was playing with a shoulder that will require surgery. Makes his second half performance that much better.

Quote:
Can't help but be impressed with Mark Sanchez.... 28 minutes ago via TweetDeck
Quote:
@CalebGarnett The guy is playing with a right shoulder that's going to need surgery
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote