Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's gonna be the best of these QB's when all is said and done?
Josh Freeman, Bucs 59 15.05%
Matthew Stafford, Lions 126 32.14%
Sam Bradford, Rams 76 19.39%
Mark Sanchez, Jets 19 4.85%
Joe Flacco, Ravens 33 8.42%
Matt Ryan, Falcons 79 20.15%
Voters: 392. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2011, 03:31 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Josh Freeman rookie season: 10 TDs 18 INTs COMP % 54. 4 QB rating 59.8
in 9 starts
Sam Bradford rookie season: 18 TDS 15 INTs COMP% 60. 0 QB rating 76.5
in 16 starts
but yeah Josh Freeman is totally on a whole different level
Yes RIGHT NOW, after the 2010 season, Freeman is on a different level. If Bradford comes close to Freeman's 2010 season next year, get back to me.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:40 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
beating the panthers(2x), browns, cincy, cardinals, rams, seahawks, redskins and sains( I think they sat theirr starters) > anyone Mark Sanchez beat this year
Saints did not sit their starters.

Here is who Sanchez "beat": Bills (x2), Browns, Bengals, Vikings, Broncos, Texans, Lions, Dolphins. Pats, Steelers, Colts wins in the playoffs are great but like i said he is lucky as hell to even be there.

And is there any doubt who was the better team around them? Those teams I listed arent all that scary and Sanchez managed a 76 QBR compared to Freeman's 96 QBR.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:43 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Josh Freeman rookie season: 10 TDs 18 INTs COMP % 54. 4 QB rating 59.8
in 9 starts
Sam Bradford rookie season: 18 TDS 15 INTs COMP% 60. 0 QB rating 76.5
in 16 starts
but yeah Josh Freeman is totally on a whole different level
I think it's tough to compare these numbers given Josh Freeman was regarded as a MUCH bigger project QB who would have to improve drastically to make it in the NFL. Bradford was a lot more polished and accurate coming into the league than Freeman was which is a credit to Freeman as he's improved so drastically. You expect prospects like Matt Ryan and Sam Bradford who are a lot more polished than the Joe Flaccos and Josh Freemans of the NFL to do better as rookies.

Last edited by Caddy : 01-25-2011 at 04:48 AM.
Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:07 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know how anyone can really discredit Freeman at this point.

The dude has the best physical package and just had a super efficient year where he played like a vet that teaches all the youngins.

Not many 2nd year QBs have put up a year like Freeman did, and the ones that did were older and usually ended as HOFers, and definitely weren't raw, or working with a cast of rookies.

Only Dan Marino was able to get more than 20 TDs, and less than 7 picks in his 2nd year, and Freeman had 25/6.

Dude is in rare company, he's already really good and has WAY higher upside than someone like Bradford.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:26 AM    (permalink
Quailman
Rookie

Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just going to go off the beaten path here and say that I think Mark Sanchez will be the best and by the slimmest of margins. Is Mark Sanchez going to be the best statistical guy? No, I'll say that is going to be Sam Bradford. Is he going to be the most physically gifted? No, thats Josh Freeman. Is he even as talented as Stafford and Flacco? No. Does he have the football acumen of a Matt Ryan? No. But I feel like Sanchez is going to go down as one of those guys who wins games, sort of like Troy Aikman. And I think that Mark has a certain Big Ben quality to him in that he does really stupid things on the field on occassion, but when it gets down to the end of games and the Jets are playing hurry up… he stops thinking and just lets the instincts take over. Then he does some really great things (4 4th quarter comebacks and 6 game winning drives this past season).

And I think there is something to be said about winning in the playoffs, when it matters most. Mark Sanchez has won 4 playoff games, been to two AFC Championships in two years and performed well. His stat line in 6 playoff games looks like this:
1155 yards, 60.5% completion rate, 7.36 YPA, 9 TDs, 3 INTs and a QB rating of 94.3

Compare that to the stat lines of Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco in the playoffs:
Ryan (0-2): 385 yards, 66.5% completion rate, 5.58 YPA, 3 TDs, 4 INTs and a QB rating of 71.2
Flacco (7-4): 1050 yards, 53.3% completion rate, 5.71 YPA, 4 TDs, 7 INTs and a QB rating of 61.6

Mark Sanchez's playoff stats (i.e. in big games) blow the stats of Ryan and Flacco out of the water. Mark Sanchez in 6 games has passed for more yards in the playoffs than Flacco has compiled in 11. Sanchez has thrown more TDs than Flacco and Ryan combined in the playoffs despite playing 7 less games than Flacco and Ryan combined.

And like I mentioned earlier he just comes up big in clutch situations, he had 4 4th quarter comebacks and 6 game winning drives this past season. Those comeback numbers are right on par with those put up by Matty "Ice" and Josh Freeman.

But while I give the edge to Sanchez because of his playoff performance and his clutch performance I have to admit that Josh Freeman is right on his tail.

If I had to rank them I'd say:
1. Mark Sanchez
2. Josh Freeman
3. Matt Ryan
4. Sam Bradford (with potential to hop everyone on this list and fast)
5. Joe Flacco
6. Matt Stafford

Last edited by Quailman : 01-25-2011 at 06:09 AM.
Quailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:38 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Freeman had a pretty damn good year, he just made all the good decisions in the world and kept willing the team to win. He's got a pretty bright future, and Matt Ryan is just a boss too.

Currently I'd rank them;
1. Matt Ryan
2. Josh Freeman
3. Sam Bradford
4. Joe Flacco
5. Mathew Stafford
6. Mark Sanchez

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:17 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I guess Sanchez finally stopped sulking when his team was playing poorly.

I'm not passing judgement until all of these guys have had 4 years in the league.

Though, I was perplexed in how Rex Ryan keeps jumping off the Sanchez bandwagon everytime something goes wrong and says "we should just run the ball." If Sanchez is that great, why doesn't the coach want the ball in his hands?
hmmm maybe because idk they were on the 1 yard line and running the ball three times straight ahead in that situation with shonn greene is almost a lock to be a touchdown? But instead shotty wants to throw the ball twice, THEN run, but with LT. You know, the smaller and less powerful of their two running backs. It was very stupid, Rex was right to say that they shouldve just done the simple play and what had worked up to that point and just run greene ahead. hed been beasting that whole drive.

oh and to keep this relevant:
Freeman
Ryan
Sanchez (liked the poise and confidence he showed in Pitt despite being down big to the best D in the league)
Bradford
Flacco
Stafford (last two are pretty interchangeable)
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I don't know how anyone can really discredit Freeman at this point.

The dude has the best physical package and just had a super efficient year where he played like a vet that teaches all the youngins.

Not many 2nd year QBs have put up a year like Freeman did, and the ones that did were older and usually ended as HOFers, and definitely weren't raw, or working with a cast of rookies.

Only Dan Marino was able to get more than 20 TDs, and less than 7 picks in his 2nd year, and Freeman had 25/6.

Dude is in rare company, he's already really good and has WAY higher upside than someone like Bradford.
Thank you. Finally, another non-Bucs fan who sees this.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailman View Post
I'm just going to go off the beaten path here and say that I think Mark Sanchez will be the best and by the slimmest of margins. Is Mark Sanchez going to be the best statistical guy? No, I'll say that is going to be Sam Bradford. Is he going to be the most physically gifted? No, thats Josh Freeman. Is he even as talented as Stafford and Flacco? No. Does he have the football acumen of a Matt Ryan? No. But I feel like Sanchez is going to go down as one of those guys who wins games, sort of like Troy Aikman. And I think that Mark has a certain Big Ben quality to him in that he does really stupid things on the field on occassion, but when it gets down to the end of games and the Jets are playing hurry upů he stops thinking and just lets the instincts take over. Then he does some really great things (4 4th quarter comebacks and 6 game winning drives this past season).

And I think there is something to be said about winning in the playoffs, when it matters most. Mark Sanchez has won 4 playoff games, been to two AFC Championships in two years and performed well. His stat line in 6 playoff games looks like this:
1155 yards, 60.5% completion rate, 7.36 YPA, 9 TDs, 3 INTs and a QB rating of 94.3

Ryan (0-2): 385 yards, 66.5% completion rate, 5.58 YPA, 3 TDs, 4 INTs and a QB rating of 71.2
Flacco (7-4): 1050 yards, 53.3% completion rate, 5.71 YPA, 4 TDs, 7 INTs and a QB rating of 61.6

Mark Sanchez's playoff stats (i.e. in big games) blow the stats of Ryan and Flacco out of the water. Mark Sanchez in 6 games has passed for more yards in the playoffs than Flacco has compiled in 11. Sanchez has thrown more TDs than Flacco and Ryan combined in the playoffs despite playing 7 less games than Flacco and Ryan combined.

And like I mentioned earlier he just comes up big in clutch situations, he had 4 4th quarter comebacks and 6 game winning drives this past season. Those comeback numbers are right on par with those put up by Matty "Ice" and Josh Freeman.

But while I give the edge to Sanchez because of his playoff performance and his clutch performance I have to admit that Josh Freeman is right on his tail.

1. Mark Sanchez
2. Josh Freeman
3. Matt Ryan
5. Joe Flacco
6. Matt Stafford
Basically agree with this whole post and most of your list.

Mine would be

1. Mark Sanchez
2. Josh Freeman
3. Sam Bradford
4. Matt Ryan
5. Joe Flacco
6. Matt Stafford

I think a healthy Stafford could jump up to 4 but until he proves it he has to be last

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Can I change my vote to Cutler?

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's only fair for us to wait until Freeman reaches the playoffs to see what he's made of.

I know, I know, a lot of it has to do with his team and it's not only on his shoulders to make the playoffs but the reason I say that is because in the playoffs is when you can really see other team's defense play all out (win or go home mentality) you also see how a qb can adjust to different looks given by the DC and how a qb can rise to an occasion.

Yes it could be thought of as unfair but does anyone really ever get remembered for having just a great regular season and a not so spectacular/no postseason record/stats? Well, that is unless you are Lebron James. Zing!

I think from watching them play, this may be a huge homer statement but I would take Sanchez over Ryan and Flacco. I was really unimpressed by each of their games (though large part due to the play calls). The pick 6 Ryan threw was just plain ugly.

Sanchez also played the best of the playoff qbs against the best defense.

I don't hate Freeman I really don't I just hate the bucs fans on this board. Especially using baseless claims to their arguments like "so and so wouldn't sniff 8-8 if they were the qb of the bucs"

Just be happy you have a franchise qb and don't try to discredit other qbs in the process.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
I think he means if you put Sanchez on a team like the Bucs, he doesnt even sniff 8-8.

Freeman is on a different level than both Sanchez and Bradford. 25 tds, 6 ints, 96 QBR and 10-6 at age 22 is way more impressive than anything any of these QBs have done. The top 3 QBs in 5 years being Rodgers, Rivers, and Freeman is way more likely than having Sanchez in there.

Sanchez played great vs NE and solid vs PIT but he was lucky as hell to even be in the playoffs with his regular season QBR of what? 70 or something?
Sanchez sure would love to take great weather in 3/4 of his teams games in a season as opposed to throwing up in the Northeast for 10 games a year!

Not that the weather thing matters to any of the Anti Sanchez people but hey just saying.

Last edited by Thecollegedropout : 01-25-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really you're going to go there and compare Sanchez and Freeman? Sanchez had the 2nd or 3rd best defense in the NFL to back him up the whole season. Freeman had the YOUNGEST team in the NFL and a defense that could barely couldn't get to the QB (31st in sacks). When the Bucs get better overall and gain experience, they could be a force to be reckoned with. When the running game finally came along, the offense was even better and word had it that Olsen kind of kept limits on Freeman until the last few weeks of the season, when he absolutely tore up defenses (back to back 81% completions games to close the year).

1. Bradford
2. Freeman
3. Ryan
4. Sanchez
5. Flacco
6. Stafford
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

what makes you rank Bradford over Freeman? Other than his 1 td pass in the final 5 games of the season.

off topic: Rams need to go back to blue and yellow, those jerseys are awesome.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

I don't hate Freeman I really don't I just hate the bucs fans on this board. Especially using baseless claims to their arguments like "so and so wouldn't sniff 8-8 if they were the qb of the bucs"
Sanchez was the 27th ranked passer in the NFL. Freeman was the 6th ranked passer in the NFL. I dont think its a stretch to say the Bucs would be much much worse with Sanchez.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:59 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford...when healthy.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:07 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flacco is the only player on this list I would not want to build my team around.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:13 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
what makes you rank Bradford over Freeman? Other than his 1 td pass in the final 5 games of the season.

off topic: Rams need to go back to blue and yellow, those jerseys are awesome.
Amen to that.

I think Bradford and Freeman are neck and neck at #2, both are behind Matt Ryan.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:24 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailman View Post
I'm just going to go off the beaten path here and say that I think Mark Sanchez will be the best and by the slimmest of margins. Is Mark Sanchez going to be the best statistical guy? No, I'll say that is going to be Sam Bradford. Is he going to be the most physically gifted? No, thats Josh Freeman. Is he even as talented as Stafford and Flacco? No. Does he have the football acumen of a Matt Ryan? No. But I feel like Sanchez is going to go down as one of those guys who wins games, sort of like Troy Aikman. And I think that Mark has a certain Big Ben quality to him in that he does really stupid things on the field on occassion, but when it gets down to the end of games and the Jets are playing hurry upů he stops thinking and just lets the instincts take over. Then he does some really great things (4 4th quarter comebacks and 6 game winning drives this past season).

1. Mark Sanchez
2. Josh Freeman
3. Matt Ryan
5. Joe Flacco
6. Matt Stafford
Flacco's playoff record is 4-3 in 3 years with Baltimore, sir. LINK

2010 - W @ KC; L @ PITT

2009 - W @ NE; L @ IND

2008 - W @ MIA; W @ TEN; L @ PITT

One might question the validity of your whole post. Or it could just be an honest mistake on one of the three QBs you researched. ;)

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Last edited by bullg8rdaddy : 01-26-2011 at 03:38 AM.
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:37 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flacco's 2nd season:

In 16 games, 315/499 (63.1% ) for 3613 yards (7.2 avg.) and 21 TDs/ 12 INTs = 88.9 rating

Ryan's 2nd season:

In 14 games, 263/451 (58.3% ) for 2916 yards (6.5 avg.) and 22 TDs/ 14 INTs = 80.9 rating

Freeman's 2nd season:

In 16 games, 291/474 (61.4% ) for 3451 yards (7.3 avg.) and 25 TDs/ 6 INTs = 95.9 rating

Sanchez's 2nd season:

In 15 games, 278/507 (54.8% ) for 3291 yards (6.5 avg.) and 17 TDs/ 13 INTs = 75.3 rating

For sh!tzingiggles

P. Manning's 2nd season:

In 16 games, 331/533 (62.1% ) for 4135 yards (7.8 avg.) and 26 TDs/ 15 INTs = 90.7 rating

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:53 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is Sam Bradford getting all of this love?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:34 AM    (permalink
Joecool
Rookie

Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Why is Sam Bradford getting all of this love?
because hes god
Joecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:48 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Freeman now over any of the above.
Of course, I can only talk about regular season success.
I hope the Bucs make the playoffs next year so I can see how he plays.
If he can raise his level of play from the regular season
then he'll be able to carry his team to victories.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:07 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing that's exciting about Freeman is how advanced he is. He's very quick at making reads and making decisions, and his vision is fantastic - he makes alot of big plays getting to his secondary reads. He's also able to stay patient and his QB clock is right on time. I also like the synergy he has with his receivers, he knows exactly where they like the football and almost always hits them in stride. Freeman is a physically talented guy who understands that it's a mental game and to me that's the definition of a franchise QB.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:13 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freeman is definitely legit. I still am hoping to see a healthy Matthew Stafford next year so he can show everyone why he is the #1 vote getter. We all know he hasn't done anything yet but show incredible flashes, but the question is talking about the future, making what he's done up to this point pretty much meaningless. I just hope he can stay on the field though, I'd hate to see such a promising career derailed like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote