Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's gonna be the best of these QB's when all is said and done?
Josh Freeman, Bucs 59 15.05%
Matthew Stafford, Lions 126 32.14%
Sam Bradford, Rams 76 19.39%
Mark Sanchez, Jets 19 4.85%
Joe Flacco, Ravens 33 8.42%
Matt Ryan, Falcons 79 20.15%
Voters: 392. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-06-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
They are all young. Can we let them at least develop first ? Salas and Kendricks showed great promise last year too, especially with no off season. Amendola is an unreal slot WR. He's quick, runs good routes and has great hands. He is a Welker clone, evident with his 85 reception in 2010 with a rookie QB. Givens was said to be the best rout runner in the draft and was compared to DJax. He was projected to go in rd 2 by some. Another huge steal for the Rams. His 4.3 speed is going to really help the offense. Same as RB Pead. Good luck trying to cover 6'5 DX and 6'5 Quick. Quick is said to be a fast, more athletic Marshall. Sam will love him.
Ya pretty much if your 6'5 you are automatically awesome, worked out real well for Michael Jenkings, Mike Williams, Roy Williams, etc
Old 07-06-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They are all young. Can we let them at least develop first ? Salas and Kendricks showed great promise last year too, especially with no off season. Amendola is an unreal slot WR. He's quick, runs good routes and has great hands. He is a Welker clone, evident with his 85 reception in 2010 with a rookie QB. Givens was said to be the best rout runner in the draft and was compared to DJax. He was projected to go in rd 2 by some. Another huge steal for the Rams. His 4.3 speed is going to really help the offense. Same as RB Pead. Good luck trying to cover 6'5 DX and 6'5 Quick. Quick is said to be a fast, more athletic Marshall. Sam will love him.

So you have a faster more athletic Brandon Marshall, a Desean Jackson clone, and a Wes Welker clone, championship??? Lol. It's hilarious to listen to you talk about the Rams players every off-season. I'm still waiting for you to give me 5 teams the Rams are better then in terms of offensive weapons, shouldn't be too hard for you...

It should be fun to listen to you try your hardest to downgrade another team but infuse all this max potential into your players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
So you have a faster more athletic Brandon Marshall, a Desean Jackson clone, and a Wes Welker clone, championship??? Lol. It's hilarious to listen to you talk about the Rams players every off-season. I'm still waiting for you to give me 5 teams the Rams are better then in terms of offensive weapons, shouldn't be too hard for you...

It should be fun to listen to you try your hardest to downgrade another team but infuse all this max potential into your players.

We will just have to wait and see, huh ? One thing for sure, the Rams will have a top 10 D, so the offense will definitely have the ball more than last year.

Last edited by armageddon : 07-06-2012 at 11:26 PM.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:38 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We will just have to wait and see, huh ? One thing for sure, the Rams will have a top 10 D, so the offense will definitely have the ball more than last year.
How is that "for sure?"
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
26th in PPG
22nd in YPG

I don't see a top 10 jump for them and I'm a huge believer in Janoris Jenkins on the field. Finnegan is a solid corner, too. Trumaine Johnson I loved as a prospect too but there is going to be inexperience on the field next year. The Rams had all of 12 picks last year, their secondary needs that boost from those two. Ranked middle of the pack in sacks at 39, you're obviously optimistic that Quinn will make strides and Brockers will have an immediate impact. What LBs do thy have aside from Laurinitis? All I see is an experienced CB in Finnegan, young CBs otherwise, a DL thats still adjusting to the NFL game, and one starting quality LB. Mikell is a solid player, too, but none of what Isaid equates to Top 10 defense when you consider teams like the Texans, Eagles, Ravens, Steelers, 49ers, Bengals, Giants, Jets, and I'll go as far as saying Green Bay will return to the top 10.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
26th in PPG
22nd in YPG

I don't see a top 10 jump for them and I'm a huge believer in Janoris Jenkins on the field. Finnegan is a solid corner, too. Trumaine Johnson I loved as a prospect too but there is going to be inexperience on the field next year. The Rams had all of 12 picks last year, their secondary needs that boost from those two. Ranked middle of the pack in sacks at 39, you're obviously optimistic that Quinn will make strides and Brockers will have an immediate impact. What LBs do thy have aside from Laurinitis? All I see is an experienced CB in Finnegan, young CBs otherwise, a DL thats still adjusting to the NFL game, and one starting quality LB. Mikell is a solid player, too, but none of what Isaid equates to Top 10 defense when you consider teams like the Texans, Eagles, Ravens, Steelers, 49ers, Bengals, Giants, Jets, and I'll go as far as saying Green Bay will return to the top 10.

Free agents Dunbar, Haggan and McIntosh. Don't forget the signing of DT Langford from Miami. He and Brockers will be a nice pair of run stopping DT's. Running up the middle is where the Rams were gashed last year. DE William Hayes and DT Trevor Laws were very good signings too. Both are ascending players like Langford coming off their rookie contracts. Besides Finnegan and Jenkins, the Rams have CB's Fletchers and Murphy. Both are very good players. Also, Quinn and Long are going to be beasts off the edge. I can see double digit sacks from both. Quinn reminds me of Javon Kerse and Long is just a hell of a players. One thing you have to realize, the Rams actually have real coaches for a change. Fisher is a great HC and he brought in an all star set of coaches, something the Rams have never had. This is why the Rams draft picks always bust, because they are never coached up. Some say the OL and DL coaches Fisher hired are the best in the NFL.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams are terrible right now. The last winning season was 2003. That team has a lot to prove if they want respect among the other NFL fan bases. Right now, I really don't think much of them. Maybe they do turn it around, and if they do they will get their props and respect. Until then though, they are one of the doormat franchises that needs to get their head out of their butt.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
The Rams are terrible right now. The last winning season was 2003. That team has a lot to prove if they want respect among the other NFL fan bases. Right now, I really don't think much of them. Maybe they do turn it around, and if they do they will get their props and respect. Until then though, they are one of the doormat franchises that needs to get their head out of their butt.

In 2010 they went 7-9 and lost 4 games on one play, with 3 of them being on the final play of the game. Last year injuries decimated them. It was a total disaster of a year. They have WAY more talent than people are giving them credit for. Also, you can't underestimate how terrible the coaching has been. Fisher and his all star coaching staff will change that.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In 2010 they went 7-9 and lost 4 games on one play, with 3 of them being on the final play of the game. Last year injuries decimated them. It was a total disaster of a year. They have WAY more talent than people are giving them credit for. Also, you can't underestimate how terrible the coaching has been. Fisher and his all star coaching staff will change that.
If they change that, then cool. That's a great thing! My point is that before they do change it, everyone won't respect the team. 15 wins in 5 seasons is miserable! NFL fans want to see results and I know I like consistency. If you do well this season, kudos to the Rams, do it again, and I will respect them.

Until, they do, however, I don't respect them. They are bottom dwellers as of right now. Now, that doesn't mean things can't change, it just means for me that until they do, I don't think much of them.

We had injuries issues as well. I am waiting for a season where we can not get ripped apart at one specific position. Yet, our GM has gotten us depth, and our staff can develop them. So winning with depth is not impossible. Props to GB and their success when they were hurt. It's all across the board with the Rams that contributed to terrible seasons.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams went the quantity over quality route in the draft. I could easily see Brockers, Quick, and Jenkins busting.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will give him this, he's right about having the best dline coach in the NFL. Mike Waufle is the best in the business. I wish we still had him to coach up JPP.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Rams went the quantity over quality route in the draft. I could easily see Brockers, Quick, and Jenkins busting.

CB Trumaine Johnson was projected as a 2nd by many and so was 4th round WR Givens who many said he was the best route runner in the draft. 4.3 speed too. I don't see how anyone can say quantity over quality. One of my favorite picks was 5th rounder Rokevious Watkins who played OT in college out of necessity. He is way better suited to play OG. He is a 6'4 338 lb mauler with a mean streak. Let o-line coach Boudreax work his magic with him and the rest of the o-lineman. The Rams had arguable the worst o-line coach in the NFL. Can't say enough about Fisher and the new coaches. Also, for the first time Bradford will actually have a QB coach. Hard to believe.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

I will say this, the Rams deserve every bit of slamming they get. They have been terrible for a long time. But I will also say, the have amassed some really good talent. When you pick near the top, it's almost hard not to. That's how the system is designed. They also have 4 #1 picks the next 2 years. With rookie RG3 running the show, those 2 Washington picks could be top 10. Skins have a brutal schedule and play in the tough division.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

http://rosterwatch.com/?p=3701

It was rumored this Spring, via (now deleted) tweets that new Rams HC Jeff Fisher introduced himself to St. Louis by gratuitously crop dusting a local bar establishment. We at RW have friends, who will not be named here, in the 314′s service industry. But the nastiness that Coach Mustache may or may not leave behind in the form of nitrogen and airborne colon bacteria pales in comparison to how disgusting things got for the Rams on draft weekend in 2012.

Jeff Fisher knows you need nastiness along the defensive line and in the defensive backfield to win division crowns in silent but deadly fashion. Opposing WRs will be walking into an absolute bar fight in the Rams’ defensive backfield against a maniac in Cortland Finnegan and rookie CBs Janoris Jenkins and Trumaine Johnson (who we will get to in a minute.) The Rams started out their draft along the defensive line, though, drafting the absolute perfect interior compliment to the dynamic duo of Chris Long and James Lauranitis in DT Michael Brockers.

I mean, look at that man. My God. The first thing you notice when standing next to Michael Brockers (outside of his pure immense presence) is the length of his arms. They look like 35” long octopus tentacles with big mitts on the end. He can play at both the 3 and the 5-technique, which makes him scheme-flexible within the multiple looks that Fisher likes to give. He was double teamed in college with a much higher frequency than Fletcher Cox. Brockers is a menace against the run, has strong hands like Casey Hampton, and plays extremely violently in short areas. He has one of the most powerful and explosive shoulder punch moves that I have seen, because he places the initial jolt of power to the opponent’s chest almost like a forklift technique, then attaches to the blocker on his play- side shoulder and drives. This is very disruptive to running lanes. Brockers’ reach makes him impossible to get proper positioning on in the run game, but he does not represent the threat as a disruptor in the passing game that Fletcher Cox or Dontari Poe have the potential to. The good news is, the Rams need exactly what Brockers brings. A long-armed rock who can get penetration, allowing Lauranitis to “spill” out and up, and giving Chris Long the option to play his conversion rush to the opposing offensive tackle’s weakness. Brockers’ initial explosion and space eating ability for gap responsibility were unrivaled in this draft, and he is a scary man.

Brian Quick is going to be an NFL wide receiver who makes his living much the same way Brandon Marshall does. It will be in yards-after-catch and in imposing himself physically in end-zone corner fades. Quick is more “slim” like A.J. Green, and even looks a little like him, but he lacks the same acceleration as an over the top burner. Quick has a natural big-play “flash” to him, though, and it’s hard to quantify. The best way I can say it is that he is often airborne. A stark difference, and terrific developmental #1 WR prospect to integrate in with the possession-type receivers the Rams have shown an affinity for drafting in recent history.

The Rams got the best cornerback in the 2012 NFL draft in the second round. Janoris Jenkins. Click here if you would like to hear how he told me he plans on defending NFL WRs such as A.J. Green and Julio Jones, having given them fits in college. I know Janoris, and love his mental acumen for the game. His gait, cuts, and movements in small areas are reminiscent of someone frantically fighting their way out of a burning Porta-Potty, yet in a brilliantly smooth and naturally technical manner. He is my pick for defensive rookie of the year.

I loved watching film on RB Isaiah Pead more than any prospect in this draft, period, and had him ranked as my #2 RB overall in my final rankings submission for Mel Kiper‘s Global Exchange at PlayTheDraft.com. Pead is an insanely instinctive runner. You hear analysts calling games on television who talk about a running back’s “vision” every time they make a nice run. The adjective is overused so much that I hate saying it; But he has crazy vision. He needs to in Cincy’s wide-open offense. He has great hands, and is a legitimate but not instinctual pass-blocker. He has a rare ability to casually flow laterally behind the line of scrimmage as a ball carrier, and cut the instant the seam develops. He is the epitome of a one-cut runner.

Fisher deployed yet another barking spider in a moment of third round thievery, drafting Montana CB Trumaine Johnson. Johnson, like many of the Rams’ bargain basement picks, was a bit of a character concern. I believe that Jenkins and Johnson may be the only two CBs to be drafted in the same year by the same team who were both tasered during college by law enforcement officials. Johnson is a big corner, very tall and extremely long, but only one word comes to your mind while watching film. Physical. And Nasty. So, two words. Plus, when I asked Mike Mayock who the most-underrated players were, period, in this draft, Trumaine Johnson was the first name he mentioned citing the off the field issues as a possible deterrent for some teams. Are we sensing a pattern here?

I feel like the Rams got yet another steal in Round four, selecting Wake Forest WR Chris Givens, who I had rated as a late-second round talent. Givens was an overly productive player at Wake Forest who displayed dazzling moves in space and made a living in yards-after-catch outside the hash marks. He was reportedly an enigmatic presence during his time at Wake Forest, and several scouts indicated he was “diva” type of player. Watching film, this reported attitude does seem to translate to his play on the field. There are certain routes you can tell he simply doesn’t like to run. He goes half speed over the middle and gets alligator arms when he hears footsteps. He is a dynamic weapon on the perimeter, though, and the production is hard to overlook with as valuable as playmaking slot receivers in this league have become. He is faster on the field than he is on the track and is deceptively powerful making cuts.

I have never been a Rams fan per se, but after this draft, I am fast-becoming one. I am glad to have a new reason for enjoying the NFC West afternoon games that can be known to make a grown man drift off to La-Z-Boy snooze land on occasion.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The link worked, no need to copy and paste.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams are getting better and have some potentially good players, but they are not even near a top team. I like Amendola at WR and no one else there, yet. You can say a guy was compared to Marshall or DJax but until they actually play like them on the field I'm gonna consider them unproven WRs who you can't count on.

The Rams are on the right track and had a good draft, but they are bottom 10 team who needs a fair amount more talent.

At this point almost every team thinks they're better going into this season and have a draft class full of potential.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Mobile View Post
The Rams are getting better and have some potentially good players, but they are not even near a top team. I like Amendola at WR and no one else there, yet. You can say a guy was compared to Marshall or DJax but until they actually play like them on the field I'm gonna consider them unproven WRs who you can't count on.

The Rams are on the right track and had a good draft, but they are bottom 10 team who needs a fair amount more talent.

At this point almost every team thinks they're better going into this season and have a draft class full of potential.
The Rams will be in the playoffs no later than 2015.
The Skins made sure of that.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMan01 View Post
I am a Jet fan. I like Sanchez. I'm biased. But he's a good enough player that to call him a bad player is stupid. Calling him a backup is stupid. This is why.

The Jets scored 377 pts this year. That's 14th best in the NFL, 3rd in the division. They Jets allowed 363 pts this year, thats 20th in the NFL, 3rd in the division. By all means they are not a superstar team. There is nothing superstar about their defense. There is nothing superstar about their offense. They have aging players and holes on both sides of the field. Mark Sanchez had a lot of turnovers. Because of that, this team didn't go as far as it could have. But this team got as far as it did because of Sanchez, not because of the defense, not because of coaching, not because of anything else. This team didn't succeed in spite of sanchez, they succeed BECAUSE of him.

He is tied for 6th in the NFL in total touchdowns. Touchdowns are touchdowns. That's elite company. He's got as many rushing touchdowns as his running back. Sanchez wasn't the problem for the offense, he WAS the offense. The problem was Sanchez isn't elite. He was drafted high first round, his coach is boisterous, he plays in New York, and they're expected to contend for the super bowl. This is in part because of his play in the past. He was a quarterback on a team that went to two AFC champ games. This year he was expected to be a game manager but was anything but. He had to do more. He did. If sanchez didn't step up and score touchdowns, this team doesn't get 8 wins. They went as far as they did because of him, of his play, not because of the defense, not because of the run game, nor anything else.

If you want to label him a bust because all top 10 picks are supposed to be elite players, Peyton Manning type players.. fine. Sanchez isn't there. But quarterbacks don't win super bowls, teams win super bowls. He's good enough to build around and thats all that matters.

Unfortunately, I agree with most of this post.
Sanchez is okay, not sucky. But the Jets as currently constructed are no longer an uber talented football team.
People talk about them like their the Ravens, but they aren't that good.
Would an elite QB be able to make the SB with this Jets team??
Yeah. Tom Brady, Eli Manning or Roethlisberger could win a Lombardi with this squad, no question in my mind.

But I don't know if it's an indictment of Sanchez that he's not as good as those guys.

But I don't know if it's an
Old 07-07-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Mobile View Post

You would be surprised how close NFL teams really are in talent. Many games are decided by only 1-2 plays. I think the Rams are an 8-8 team this year if they stay relatively healthy. They are the youngest team in the NFL and only need experience. 1-2 more good drafts should put them among the top tier in the NFL. As a poster just said, thanks to the Redskins. That was a heist they received.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I will say this, the Rams deserve every bit of slamming they get. They have been terrible for a long time. But I will also say, the have amassed some really good talent. When you pick near the top, it's almost hard not to. That's how the system is designed. They also have 4 #1 picks the next 2 years. With rookie RG3 running the show, those 2 Washington picks could be top 10. Skins have a brutal schedule and play in the tough division.
I agree that the future looks bright with a new HC and staff. But now that has to translate or they will be overlooked as a doormat team that's irrelevant. No one doubts that the future could be bright, but until that actually happens no one will really tout them as anything. Let them prove it and let them be consistent at it, and then people will buy in.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Sure, if they replace Sam Bradford by then. Sam Bradford blows.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Within 4 years? Every damn team in the league is capable of making the playoffs within the next 4 years.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Within 4 years? Every damn team in the league is capable of making the playoffs within the next 4 years.
>Browns
>ever making the playoffs

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
Sure, if they replace Sam Bradford by then. Sam Bradford blows.

According to stats, yes. If you notice that he was the most pressured, most hit, and his receivers led the league in drops last year. So, to an untrained eye, he would appear to suck. If you watch the video I posted, you would think otherwise. He also had a high ankle sprain which limited him greatly. The guy thrown a beautiful, very accurate ball. He has a couple flaws he needs to work out, such as locking onto his to receivers at times. But that can be fixed. Like I said, for the first time as a Ram, he has a WR coach. Should help him immensely.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is going to be a good amount of pressure on Bradford this season. He's entering year three and the offense is still terrible. I know a lot that has gone on hasn't been his fault and some things out of his control have happened, but it is what it is in the NFL. Despite the circumstances he needs to show a glimmer of hope that the Rams picked the right guy.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote