Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bengals and Carson Palmer

Is Palmer going to be back with the Bengals next season?

I don't know his contract situation and if he can be cut before next season, but I wondering if Bengals fan want him back next season and if y'all think Palmer will be gone.

Thoughts?
Old 11-07-2010, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And if y'all think Palmer will be gone, then who do y'all want to replace him?...Draft/FA QBs.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depends on their draft status, in my opinion. If they are in position to draft a QB in the 1st round, then he's gone.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depends on their draft status, in my opinion. If they are in position to draft a QB in the 1st round, then he's gone. FA qb's are usually just a quick fix. The age on this team might make the new coaching staff think about rebuilding, especially on offense.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:56 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prepare to hear trade rumors to Arizona in the offseason.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Prepare to hear trade rumors to Arizona in the offseason.
Minny would be possible too.

I think the Cards will draft one of the big arms in this draft if they can and let them start from day 1.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carson Palmer to the Cards would be niiice. He's still top 10 in the league in Total Yards, ypg, and Touchdowns.

I think he just sucks mentally. He makes stupid decisions. At times can't hit the broad side of a barn and often COMPLETELY overthrows wide open receivers.

He probably just needs to practice.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Carson Palmer to the Cards would be niiice. He's still top 10 in the league in Total Yards, ypg, and Touchdowns.

I think he just sucks mentally. He makes stupid decisions. At times can't hit the broad side of a barn and often COMPLETELY overthrows wide open receivers.

Sounds like Anderson.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:30 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Sounds like Anderson.
Derek Anderson is too busy ******* chicks to care about football

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Or perhaps his arm is just shot.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Or perhaps his arm is just shot.
Somehow I don't completely buy that argument
Old 11-08-2010, 04:04 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
So? Everyone gets fortunate on the occasional deep pass. That still doesn't excuse Carson Palmer's inaccuracy every other time he throws the ball.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If i was them i would try to trade him before the rest of the league realizes how much injuries has derailed his career and he still has some trade value.

He just hasn't been the same since the knee and elbow injuries

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
So? Everyone gets fortunate on the occasional deep pass. That still doesn't excuse Carson Palmer's inaccuracy every other time he throws the ball.
Because someone's arm being "shot" doesn't have anything to do with luck or lack thereof. If it's shot, it's no longer a viable option. That's not the case.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carson Palmer is one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL right now. It's a shame but it is what it is.

He's terrible. If you replaced him with Jordan Palmer, would you even notice?

Seriously. Think about it.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Carson Palmer is one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL right now. It's a shame but it is what it is.

He's terrible. If you replaced him with Jordan Palmer, would you even notice?

Seriously. Think about it.
I dunno, he's a shell of his former self but I'd still rather have him then say...Jason Campbell. Or Jake Delhomme/Colt McCoy/Seneca Wallace. Definitely over Alex/Troy Smith. Matt Moore/Jimmy Clausen as well. He still has a halfway decent TD/INT ratio and isn't really holding that team back a significant amount. Their defense's inability to rush the passer and their inability to establish any sort of run game are hurting the Bengals just as much as Palmer is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
If i was them i would try to trade him before the rest of the league realizes how much injuries has derailed his career and he still has some trade value.

He just hasn't been the same since the knee and elbow injuries
Except his knee has nothing to do with it.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I dunno, he's a shell of his former self but I'd still rather have him then say...Jason Campbell. Or Jake Delhomme/Colt McCoy/Seneca Wallace. Definitely over Alex/Troy Smith. Matt Moore/Jimmy Clausen as well. He still has a halfway decent TD/INT ratio and isn't really holding that team back a significant amount. Their defense's inability to rush the passer and their inability to establish any sort of run game are hurting the Bengals just as much as Palmer is.
His numbers are deceiving. Quite frankly, the way Colt McCoy is playing, you can make an argument of him over Palmer.

Palmer's arm is shot. It's unfortunate but that's the reality of the situation. He's done in Cinncy if they know what's good for themselves.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

question about palmer for those who see him more often:

Did anyone else notice his body language last night? He looks like hes ready to retire, like he hates playing at this point like hes depressed or something. TO got on his case and so did ocho and he just took and said very little. Even if hes wrong, id rather he show even just a little emotion like hes dissappointed or some reliance like Eli does, but the dude seems like hes checked out.

Has it been like that all year? longer than that? whats up with this guy?
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Throughout the game he looked like he was sore in his arm/shoulder. Everything points to a toasted arm, whether it's elbow / shoulder or something undisclosed. Either way, I think the Bengals need to get a young QB in next year and give that QB the same treatment they gave Carson. Palmer in 2011 . . . we can refer to him as Carson Kitna. Circle of life, kumbaya ****, right there.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Homer View Post
Is Palmer going to be back with the Bengals next season?

I don't know his contract situation and if he can be cut before next season, but I wondering if Bengals fan want him back next season and if y'all think Palmer will be gone.

Thoughts?
He is in his 5th year of a 9 year contract. One of the highest paid players in the NFL and No he will not be gone next season becasue Mike Brown wont get rid of Palmer because he would owe Palmer too much money. Basically stuck with Palmer till his contract runs out.

Also i will Add to this Thread that Mike Brown has offical become the worst Owner all time in Football. Yesterday was his 200th Lost and became the fastest Owner to 200 loses in history of football.

His record stands as a Owner 105-200-1

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by Pat Sims 90 : 11-09-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking Cameron Newton to the Bengals makes a lot of sense

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh well hell he must be good if he's top 10 in those columns, statszzz FTW!!1!1!one!1!! I'm sure he doesn't have anything to do with the Bengals repeatedly getting blown out before halftime, the Bengals going hurry up with 4 wide, and the defense playing prevent the entire way out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
He is in his 5th year of a 9 year contract. One of the highest paid players in the NFL and No he will not be gone next season becasue Mike Brown wont get rid of Palmer because he would owe Palmer too much money. Basically stuck with Palmer till his contract runs out.

Uhhh no. Sorry but Carson won't be a starting QB for Cincy for 3 more seasons, I could care less if he was in year 2 of a 14 year contract, all you need to do is watch him play to know he isn't gonna be starting, for ANY team that much longer. He may not be gone in 2011, but if you think he is obligated to finishing out that contract I think your fooling yourself.

Carson has been on a downward slope for years and years now, unfortunately he still seems to be getting worse the more he plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
alexthegr8
Rookie

alexthegr8 could make a wolverine purr.alexthegr8 could make a wolverine purr.alexthegr8 could make a wolverine purr.alexthegr8 could make a wolverine purr.alexthegr8 could make a wolverine purr.alexthegr8 could make a wolverine purr.alexthegr8 could make a wolverine purr.

Perspective from an outsider who has happened to catch a good amount of Bengals games this year:

I honestly think that for the most part, Carson Palmer has player a lot better this season than people are giving him credit for considering the circumstances. For one, his ostensible #1 receiver Chad Ochocinco has been a joke this year. He's dropped myriad passes (a couple resulting in interceptions), he's run the wrong route on multiple occasions (a few of which have resulted in interceptions), and he's checked out mentally in games resulting in offensive PI penalties, a few false starts and other truly boneheaded plays. He's honestly been one of the most unreliable big-name targets that any qb has had to deal with this season.

The Bengals have a HORRENDOUS pass blocking offensive line, something that is unacceptable when you have a pure pocket passer that likes to throw the ball down the field. Their left tackle is solid, but the interior of their offensive line is horse dung, and they have been getting sub par play out of their RT all season (Andre Smith is finally looking half way decent which is a plus, but the other guy who plays in that spot at times is atrocious.)

Their offensive coordinator rates in the bootom third in terms of situational play calling and overall game planning. I'm not a big fan of the team, but I can literally call out that ******** shovel pass that they run at leasdt once a game. I swear I almost know their audible system, and what plays they typically run out of certain formations. Very unimaginative and easy to decipher (and this is from someone that only casuall follows the Bengals. Imagine what a DC can do with a week to prepare for that offense.)

Finally, that team is abysmally undisciplined offensively. False starts, too many men in the huddle penalties, wrong routes, holding penalties, blown assignments along the oline in pass protection, dropped passes, a complete lack of composure at times from their skill position talent and more.

Really, that situation is a MESS, and through it all Carson has stood in the pocket and played fairly well in the games that I've seen (Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Tampa (although I turned that game off when the Bengals had a 7 point lead with like a minute and a half remaining, and apparently it all went to **** after that.) He makes the odd throw now and again (last night into triple coverage for instance), and his accuracy isn't elite like it once was, but I still think that you can win with him as your qb in this league.

Last thing, people keep saying that his arm is shot, but it didn't look that way to me last night or against Atlanta or against Cleveland. He's throwing the **** out of the deep outs and deep comebacks, and that's pretty much how you judge a qbs arm strength in this league. Honestly, last night he threw about 7 mid to deep outs/comebacks on the money.
alexthegr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegr8 View Post
Perspective from an outsider who has happened to catch a good amount of Bengals games this year:

I honestly think that for the most part, Carson Palmer has player a lot better this season than people are giving him credit for considering the circumstances. For one, his ostensible #1 receiver Chad Ochocinco has been a joke this year. He's dropped myriad passes (a couple resulting in interceptions), he's run the wrong route on multiple occasions (a few of which have resulted in interceptions), and he's checked out mentally in games resulting in offensive PI penalties, a few false starts and other truly boneheaded plays. He's honestly been one of the most unreliable big-name targets that any qb has had to deal with this season.

The Bengals have a HORRENDOUS pass blocking offensive line, something that is unacceptable when you have a pure pocket passer that likes to throw the ball down the field. Their left tackle is solid, but the interior of their offensive line is horse dung, and they have been getting sub par play out of their RT all season (Andre Smith is finally looking half way decent which is a plus, but the other guy who plays in that spot at times is atrocious.)

Their offensive coordinator rates in the bootom third in terms of situational play calling and overall game planning. I'm not a big fan of the team, but I can literally call out that ******** shovel pass that they run at leasdt once a game. I swear I almost know their audible system, and what plays they typically run out of certain formations. Very unimaginative and easy to decipher (and this is from someone that only casuall follows the Bengals. Imagine what a DC can do with a week to prepare for that offense.)

Finally, that team is abysmally undisciplined offensively. False starts, too many men in the huddle penalties, wrong routes, holding penalties, blown assignments along the oline in pass protection, dropped passes, a complete lack of composure at times from their skill position talent and more.

Really, that situation is a MESS, and through it all Carson has stood in the pocket and played fairly well in the games that I've seen (Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Tampa (although I turned that game off when the Bengals had a 7 point lead with like a minute and a half remaining, and apparently it all went to **** after that.) He makes the odd throw now and again (last night into triple coverage for instance), and his accuracy isn't elite like it once was, but I still think that you can win with him as your qb in this league.

Last thing, people keep saying that his arm is shot, but it didn't look that way to me last night or against Atlanta or against Cleveland. He's throwing the **** out of the deep outs and deep comebacks, and that's pretty much how you judge a qbs arm strength in this league. Honestly, last night he threw about 7 mid to deep outs/comebacks on the money.
So, so, so, so many teams have that problem this year, Dallas and Minnesota being the most notable.

Apparently every coach in the NFL this year forgot that running the ball is the best way to slow down the pass rush.

Running the ball isn't something that you can just turn on and off. It's not something that you can just abandon because your first five carries only netted ten yards. It's a mindset, and you have to stay committed to it, even when it's not working. So that in the second half those two yard runs turn into seven or eight yard runs.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote