Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Vikings fan, I must say that I am jealous as hell.

Also the very first thing I thought of when I heard Garrett was the new HC...

The meme generator site is probably going to crash. lol
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
So McGee is also worthless eh?
Erm. Based on what we've seen outside of one good preseason game. Pretty much.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
As a Vikings fan, I must say that I am jealous as hell.

Also the very first thing I thought of when I heard Garrett was the new HC...

The meme generator site is probably going to crash. lol
It's already crapping out. Won't let me make any new ones.....it has a server error. Believe me, I have a bunch of ideas in mind when it gets working again, and I'm sure Garrett will give me tons of ammo once he actually coaches a game or 8.
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I didn't read the whole thread and don't plan to but I have never been a fan of letting your HC go midseason, a NFL season is to short and it doesn't really solve anything.
One thing it does do is send a message to prospective HCs out there that there is a job opening here. Right now, it's the only job opening, so anyone mildly interested can at least have a long time to do their homework and/or think about how the fit would suit them.

You can bet any HC without an NFL job will be asked about how they would like to coach Dallas. I can see it now... Cowher and Gruden on air will be publicly asked about it. Jerry can find out about what they think without even asking them himself. ha!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe it's just me but I really think Cowher is done and any talk about him is just media Gruden on the other hand...
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll only post this one...and thats all, I promise.

General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Maybe it's just me but I really think Cowher is done and any talk about him is just media Gruden on the other hand...
I'd love him as the next Bears HC....but I have a feel that we're going to do just well enough the rest of this year to keep everything as is.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate when everyone says Dallas only wins when they have a tough coach like...Bill Parcells. I loved BP, but really...he went 34-30 in Dallas.

I agree we need a tougher coach these days...but BP didnt even win here in abundance. And the team responded better under Wade. So no need to put BP in the same conversation, as say Jimmy Johnson when talking Cowboys.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-08-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I hate when everyone says Dallas only wins when they have a tough coach like...Bill Parcells. I loved BP, but really...he went 34-30 in Dallas.

I agree we need a tougher coach these days...but BP didnt even win here in abundance. And the team responded better under Wade. So no need to put BP in the same conversation, as say Jimmy Johnson when talking Cowboys.
What the BP era did do was stock this team with some talented players, and Wade won with them for a few years. But when BP left, that flow of incoming talent slowed and this is the delayed result.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
What the BP era did do was stock this team with some talented players, and Wade won with them for a few years. But when BP left, that flow of incoming talent slowed and this is the delayed result.
That's not exactly true. Dallas had one **** draft after BP left...but they were still hitting on talent.

We all know BP is a good talent evaluator...I'm talking about him as a coach, anyway. Everyone says we won with BP, but we were a notch above .500 and a lot of the players didnt respond well to his constant bitching.

I only bring this up because I was watching Around the Horn and they brought up the oft-used line, "Dallas only wins with a tough HC." And then brought up Parcells name. We werent that good under Parcells.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-08-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post

Bill Parcells had Quincy Carter and Drew freaking Bledsoe as his qbs during most of his tenior.

He only had Romo for less than a full year. HUGE difference when comparing records. If BP had Romo while he still had some juice left in his body, he probably leaves Dallas with a trophy.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's official

Quote:
Todd Archer reports that defensive line coach Paul Pasqualoni has been promoted to defensive coordinator.

Archer:

An incredibly detailed coach, players like Jason Witten and DeMarcus Ware credit Pasqualoni with their development. He is considered a no-nonsense task master and he will get the final eight games to see if he can help turn around a defense that has fallen way off.

He is definitely no-nonsense. I've watched him at training camp, and he's a very serious dude on the football field.
from dmn blog

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Witten crediting the defensive coordinator.....what the hell is going on in Dallas?
Old 11-08-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Bill Parcells had Quincy Carter and Drew freaking Bledsoe as his qbs during most of his tenior.

He only had Romo for less than a full year. HUGE difference when comparing records. If BP had Romo while he still had some juice left in his body, he probably leaves Dallas with a trophy.
I do agree. If he had some type of fire left, Bill would've wreaked havoc with this talent.

Wade did his best Barry Switzer imitation, and failed.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Moose is saying Garrett has what it takes on NFL Network... we'll see.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Wade did his best Barry Switzer imitation, and failed.
Are you sure?

CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

I meant in taking the previous coaches talent and winning a superbowl. In which Switzer did.

Nice try tho bro!!!...
Old 11-08-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I would enjoy Bobby Cox err Bill Cowher's failure in Dallas, I don't think it will happen.

I don't think anyone good will go there as long as Jerry insists on being the front office guy.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

I don't want cowher, he is over rated.

Give me Perry Fewell.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
While I would enjoy Bobby Cox err Bill Cowher's failure in Dallas, I don't think it will happen.

I don't think anyone good will go there as long as Jerry insists on being the front office guy.
You wanna take a stab at just how many head coaches in the NFL are just head coaches, who don't have GM power?

Jerry has shown that he is willing to allow the HC get involved in personnel decisions. He has shown that he will draft guys who the HC wants. He has shown that if the HC wants a certain player in FA, that he'll go after him and spend BIG bucks. Jerry is about as supportive a GM as there is out there. He stepped up and has taken on the blame for this year. He's openly said that. But when things go well, he wants to be apart of the reason why they succeeded to. It's natural.

Last edited by D-Unit : 11-08-2010 at 05:06 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:04 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
I don't want cowher, he is over rated.

Give me Perry Fewell.
One thing you've got going for you is an above-average (at least) front 7 built for the 3-4. I don't think Fewell has any experience running that scheme, and I don't know how well those guys would switch to a 4-3.

What about Rob Ryan? He'd keep the 3-4, is a big personality, and has no experience in team building so Jerry would still get to keep picking the players. He's also managed to keep an underwhelming Browns defense (in the front 7 at least) reasonably competitive and the success of his brother will only help him further.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What about Rob Ryan? He'd keep the 3-4, is a big personality, and has no experience in team building so Jerry would still get to keep picking the players. He's also managed to keep an underwhelming Browns defense (in the front 7 at least) reasonably competitive and the success of his brother will only help him further.
He's not interested and please never bring up his name again. Thank you.

Honestly, I don't know if he's ever wanted to be a head coach. His name never seems to come up when that conversation arises but Rex's always has... Rob might just be happy running a defense.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You wanna take a stab at just how many head coaches in the NFL are just head coaches, who don't have GM power?

Jerry has shown that he is willing to allow the HC get involved in personnel decisions. He has shown that he will draft guys who the HC wants. He has shown that if the HC wants a certain player in FA, that he'll go after him and spend BIG bucks. Jerry is about as supportive a GM as there is out there. He stepped up and has taken on the blame for this year. He's openly said that. But when things go well, he wants to be apart of the reason why they succeeded to. It's natural.
It's been reported that Bill Cowher isn't going anywhere unless he brings Kevin Colbert with him. Is Jerry Jones gonna be cool with that?
Old 11-08-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I really doubt it. BP was passed his prime as a coach when we got him. And a lot of the players didnt even like playing for him. Our defense was still a mess, as well.

The fact remains that people still seem to think we won a lot under BP and we really didnt.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-08-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
He's not interested and please never bring up his name again. Thank you.

Honestly, I don't know if he's ever wanted to be a head coach. His name never seems to come up when that conversation arises but Rex's always has... Rob might just be happy running a defense.
Rob Ryan Rob Ryan Rob Ryan. I'm going to mention him for every opening now :p

The fact that their father was such a hot head and could never match his success as a coordinator as a head coach held them both back. But Rex is looking at putting his Jets in the playoffs 2 straight years now, and their defense is what it's cracked up to be.

Rob could be the loud, boisterous coach that Wade wasn't while still knowing his place under Jerry. It's a relationship I think could work....Emperor Jerry would have his Darth Vader.