Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Does Rob Ryan deserve to be on the Head Coaching radar?

Being that his defense two weeks ago took down Brees and made him throw 4 picks then this week holding the Pats... His unit is playing well without a game changing player on it. Which is impressive, there's not one player on the browns thats going to keep an offensive coordinator up at night. So what do you guys think?
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's definitely a head coaching candidate, for those reasons as well as the success Rex has had in New York. He has a very brash personality that may turn off some teams though.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unlikely to happen but I would love it if he went to the AFC East so he would be in the same division as Rex.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sincerely hope not.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I blame BeerBaron for this
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you think Rex says some dumb ****, wait till you give Rob a podium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob was already on the radar... and deservingly so.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
I sincerely hope not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
I blame BeerBaron for this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
If you think Rex says some dumb ****, wait till you give Rob a podium.
Would seem as though you don't want to lose the guy......hrmmmmmm..... :)
Old 11-08-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a point of fact, I would say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Would seem as though you don't want to lose the guy......hrmmmmmm..... :)
I love having Mangini as an even-keel head coach with Rob Ryan bat **** nuts energy guy coordinator... it's a sweet combo
Old 11-08-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definitely don't want to lose him, but it's true what was said. You think Rex gives outlandish comments? Rob makes Rex look tame sometimes.

But honestly, I wouldn't want either of them as my head coach. I'm just not a fan of guys who talk that much as the guy in charge of my team. As a coordinator, it's awesome, but once they become the head guy, I'm not a fan.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
I definitely don't want to lose him, but it's true what was said. You think Rex gives outlandish comments? Rob makes Rex look tame sometimes.

But honestly, I wouldn't want either of them as my head coach. I'm just not a fan of guys who talk that much as the guy in charge of my team. As a coordinator, it's awesome, but once they become the head guy, I'm not a fan.
I don't know if I was making the decision I'd want a guy quite that loud, but after years of Lovie being too calm, I'd like a little life out of my coach. I want to see him chew someone out after a **** up or get pissed when the game is going wrong.

Lovie just stares blankly at the scoreboard like "derr.....how are we losing? I don't understand....maybe I should throw the challenge flag. I challenge the fact that we are losing."
Old 11-08-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know if I was making the decision I'd want a guy quite that loud, but after years of Lovie being too calm, I'd like a little life out of my coach. I want to see him chew someone out after a **** up or get pissed when the game is going wrong.

Lovie just stares blankly at the scoreboard like "derr.....how are we losing? I don't understand....maybe I should throw the challenge flag. I challenge the fact that we are losing."
hahahaha. that sounds so much like Wade.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know who deserves credit in Cleveland, but someone has them playing really really well.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I don't know who deserves credit in Cleveland, but someone has them playing really really well.
Eric Mangini is an awesome coach.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eric Mangini is an awesome coach.
One week everyone loves him the next week everyone hates him.

He does have a ton of players that don't really have that much talent playing extremely well together.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
One week everyone loves him the next week everyone hates him.

He does have a ton of players that don't really have that much talent playing extremely well together.
I've been defending him since we hired him. The guy is crazy intelligent.

Belichick may have been right in that he was not ready when he went to the Jets and I still think he did a lot of good things there, but he is definitely ready now.

The Browns have so many under talented, over achievers on this team, it's disgusting. Most people can't name more than maybe one guy in our front 7.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:

The Browns have so many under talented, over achievers on this team, it's disgusting. Most people can't name more than maybe one guy in our front 7.
No looking up.....Shaun Rogers, Ayhtba Rubin, Scott Fujita, D'Quell Jackson.....umm....this is challenging. There's that other USC linebacker from a year ago not picked in the first two rounds who's name escapes me...

Too hard.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
No looking up.....Shaun Rogers, Ayhtba Rubin, Scott Fujita, D'Quell Jackson.....umm....this is challenging. There's that other USC linebacker from a year ago not picked in the first two rounds who's name escapes me...

Too hard.
D'Qwell Jackson is on IR and hasn't played basically at all this year and his career with the Browns is probably over.

Rubin is a beast.

You're thinking of Kaluka Maiava, who has been the boar killing waste of space I thought he'd be in the 3-4. Nice special teams guy, but that's about it.

Fujita is technically a backup to Matt Roth, who is pretty good.

Marcus Benard is a guy to keep an eye on... undrafted free agent from Jackson State a year ago, had 5.5 sacks last year, has 4.5 this year, and will likely never be a franchise type pass rusher, but he's definitely a guy who can get after the QB.

Chris Gocong is an inside linebacker and is pretty mediocre, though he played well against the Patriots. Eric Barton sucks, but is still clinging on to a roster spot as is Coach in a jersey David Bowens.

Kenyon Coleman is decent. Robaire Smith is out for the year, and Brian Schaefering and Jason Trusnik are the definition of under talented/try hard guys.

We run a lot of the UFO defense because we are plain out of defensive linemen
Old 11-08-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I looked it up before you posted. Gocong and Roth are the only other two I think I should have got. It's pretty impressive to win with nothing like that....but you can only go so far with overachievers. Gotta infuse some talent this offseason.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only guy in that front seven that a lot of other teams might really wish they had instead of the Browns is Ahtyba Rubin, maybe Matt Roth. Mangini + Ryan are doing great things with this group on defense. Smart, big, strong, tough players who fit the system and are solid, proven veterans. Scott Fujita is having a great year too at OLB.

EDIT: forgot about Shaun Rogers, but he seems to be an afterthought this year. Rotational DLineman who isn't making as many plays as he did his first two years in Cleveland. Still a good player, but more of a role filler this year than the playmaker he used to be for us.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
I looked it up before you posted. Gocong and Roth are the only other two I think I should have got. It's pretty impressive to win with nothing like that....but you can only go so far with overachievers. Gotta infuse some talent this offseason.
Preaching to the choir on that one... I would have no problem spending 6 picks on our front 7.

And with Colt McCoy's success, assuming it continues, gives us a lot of flexibility in round 1 to help on that front as well. Cameron Heyward could be our Aaron Smith.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Preaching to the choir on that one... I would have no problem spending 6 picks on our front 7.

And with Colt McCoy's success, assuming it continues, gives us a lot of flexibility in round 1 to help on that front as well. Cameron Heyward could be our Aaron Smith.
I'm a huge OSU guy, and I love Cam, but I haven't been overwhelmed by his performance this season. If the Browns have a top 12 pick, I would go with one of the other 5 technique guys.

WRT Ryan, I'm sure some team will take a gamble on him sooner rather than later. I agree with you wonder that Mangini and Ryan balance out well.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I'm a huge OSU guy, and I love Cam, but I haven't been overwhelmed by his performance this season. If the Browns have a top 12 pick, I would go with one of the other 5 technique guys.

WRT Ryan, I'm sure some team will take a gamble on him sooner rather than later. I agree with you wonder that Mangini and Ryan balance out well.
I don't understand why people are dissapointed with Heyward. Is it because he hasn't been a dominating pass rusher? Ok. We don't need him to be. He's a prototyical 5 technique. Just continue stopping the run and make the occasional play on the QB.

To me, he's far better than Tyson Jackson and that guy went 3rd. Heyward has made a ton of impact plays for the Buckeyes in the past 2 seasons.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I'm a huge OSU guy, and I love Cam, but I haven't been overwhelmed by his performance this season.
I'm, uh, not a huge OSU guy, but I was a huge fan of Heyward's before the season started. Unfortunately for him, he just hasn't wowed at all this year. I'm sure that he's now going to get six sacks and 15 TFL against Michigan, but he's been pretty average this season.

Wait a second...this can't be right. Just 1.5 sacks and 6.5 TFL? Duuuuuuuuuuddddddddeeeeeeeee..... Buckeye fans, what's going on with him?

Yes to the thread question.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote