Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
You're thinking of Kaluka Maiava, who has been the boar killing waste of space I thought he'd be in the 3-4. Nice special teams guy, but that's about it.
He's been on IR pretty much the whole year, and last year he was a rookie.

Quote:
Fujita is technically a backup to Matt Roth, who is pretty good.
Actually, Roth and Fujita are the starting OLB's. Both are good against the run, but neither is a very good pass rusher.

Quote:
Marcus Benard is a guy to keep an eye on... undrafted free agent from Jackson State a year ago, had 5.5 sacks last year, has 4.5 this year, and will likely never be a franchise type pass rusher, but he's definitely a guy who can get after the QB.
Only problem with Benard is that he's so one dimensional. He's probably never going to be anything more than a situational player.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:05 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I know Maiava has been on IR, but he's been nothing more than a coverage linebacker so far. And he's done nothing to suggest we should not take 1 if not 2 inside linebackers in this draft.

I think you're selling Benard very, very short. He has been using an inside move to keep guys off balance and been setting up guys. I really like his future. Like I said, probably never gonna be a #1, but would be a nice #2.

You're right about Fujita. Brain fart on my part. I like what Roth does on running downs, but if we had a #1 pass rusher, that's where Benard would come in, but I do like that Roth has a pretty powerful bull rush and he is incredibly confident.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't understand why people are dissapointed with Heyward. Is it because he hasn't been a dominating pass rusher? Ok. We don't need him to be. He's a prototyical 5 technique. Just continue stopping the run and make the occasional play on the QB.

To me, he's far better than Tyson Jackson and that guy went 3rd. Heyward has made a ton of impact plays for the Buckeyes in the past 2 seasons.
He got destroyed by the UW line. Absolutely manhandled (along with the rest of the d-line). He's only had a few really dominant games in his career (PSU last season stands out). I can't think of many impact plays from this season.

Look at the stat's Sniper quoted. 1.5 sacks and 6.5 TFL. The TFL number is particularly concerning. He's getting double teamed a decent bit, but not an excessive amount.

It's become apparent that he really benefited from a much better complimentary d-line last season. I worry about how he would perform as "the man" on the line.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He destroyed Oregon and was the key to the defensive strategy in shutting them down.

He destroyed Michigan last year. He scored the 1st TD. I'm sure Forcier remembers.

Miami this year.

I wish he had more TFLs I suppose, but I don't care about the sacks too much. I've seen he can get pressure, but we want him to absorb blockers and stop the run, which he is very good at.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He destroyed Oregon and was the key to the defensive strategy in shutting them down.

He destroyed Michigan last year. He scored the 1st TD. I'm sure Forcier remembers.
Last year, last year, last year. Feel free to join us in 2010. Also, destroying Mark Ortmann isn't much of an accomplishment.

Quote:
Miami this year.
He had a tackle for loss and a big INT that a six-year-old could have caught.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
He had a tackle for loss and a big INT that a six-year-old could have caught.
So it doesn't count?

He made a great play and a great run after the catch which set up a score.

I think he was a major dissapointment against Wisconsin as well, but beyond that, he's still a great player.

He's not a big stats guy that will will play a position that does not get much in terms of stats in the NFL either.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So it doesn't count?

He made a great play and a great run after the catch which set up a score.

I think he was a major dissapointment against Wisconsin as well, but beyond that, he's still a great player.

He's not a big stats guy that will will play a position that does not get much in terms of stats in the NFL either.
I'm with you on the stats, but he's only doing good as a space eater against the weak sauce O-Lines. UW is what he'd be facing every week in the NFL. I'm just not sold on him being a stud at the next level.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He does have a ton of players that don't really have that much talent playing extremely well together.
That is pretty much what he did with the Jets as well. Mangini strikes me as a guy who gets the most out of a little but struggles with a lot so to speak. Looking at the Browns he chased out all their most "talented" players and has had a bit of beef with Rogers from memory who is one of about 3 big names left and the other two are Joe Thomas and Alex Mack, who honestly seem like you couldn't get in a fight with them if you tried types.

Same deal with the Jets, when he had nothing they did better than expected and when they had something they fell to pieces. Almost like Larry Brown in the NBA for mine. Give him a bunch of role players and he will do better than expected, give him stars and he will flop. Mangini still has time to learn how to work with the egos that come with stars though so not dead yet!

As for the OSU thing that seems to sneak into every Browns thread on here.. Heyward for me is almost a reverse Gholston for them. Stats don't scream out, hasn't had many, if any, wow performances but just does his job. I think he translates well to the NFL with the right team and role. Not sold at all that the Browns are that team/role but I think they could do far worse.

Browns are going to have a relatively easy draft given that unless they draft a LT or a C you can pretty much justify any other selection. If they use it on defense then you can pretty much draw out of a hat. Always nice to have plenty of needs as you don't get a conflicted opinion on Need vs BPA, you can deal with both!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the problem with guys like Mangini and McDaniels is that they are so set in "their way" of doing things, talented veterans that aren't used to it and don't respond positively get into the dog house. I think if you get a couple of talented players that are brought into the league and developed by Mangini that can be leaders in the locker room as well, his teams would be pretty legit. Unfortunately he was given a team of old talented veterans his last year in New York and it didn't work for him. I think he'll be fine if given time to instill the right mentality in his team.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need a wide receiver if we don't get a #1 receiver im gonna be pissed.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the problem with guys like Mangini and McDaniels is that they are so set in "their way" of doing things, talented veterans that aren't used to it and don't respond positively get into the dog house. I think if you get a couple of talented players that are brought into the league and developed by Mangini that can be leaders in the locker room as well, his teams would be pretty legit. Unfortunately he was given a team of old talented veterans his last year in New York and it didn't work for him. I think he'll be fine if given time to instill the right mentality in his team.
Certainly is the flipside of what I said and another possible "solution". It may just be that he conflicted both times with the guys he had. I think he is one of the better coaches in the league from a gameday sense so it's just a matter of not losing the team or anything like that, from what I've seen most of his calls are pretty good. I may just be used to god awful thanks to Childress and all but Mangini seems solid.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't really watched Cleveland play much, but it seems they're doing pretty well lately.

Based on his time with the Raiders, i'd say hell no he doesn't deserve to be a head coaching candidate.

edit// As a matter of fact, i think i'd actually be angry if he got a head coaching job. Can't stand him or his brother.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob Ryan simply wasn't a good fit for Oakland. He's a guy who likes to run multiple fronts, blitz from a lot of positions, and run varied coverages. He was basically forbidden from doing that in Oakland. And even with all that, he did coach that 2006 Oakland defense where Burgess got 16 sacks, Sapp got 10 sacks, Nnamdi got 8 interceptions, and they gave up the 3rd least yards in the NFL.

I'm not a fan of everything Rob Ryan did in Oakland, but it's unfair to judge him completely because he didn't have freedom as a coordinator there.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Same deal with the Jets, when he had nothing they did better than expected and when they had something they fell to pieces. Almost like Larry Brown in the NBA for mine. Give him a bunch of role players and he will do better than expected, give him stars and he will flop. Mangini still has time to learn how to work with the egos that come with stars though so not dead yet!
They fell to pieces when Favre started to play like crap. Kinda like the Vikings.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:20 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Rob Ryan simply wasn't a good fit for Oakland. He's a guy who likes to run multiple fronts, blitz from a lot of positions, and run varied coverages. He was basically forbidden from doing that in Oakland. And even with all that, he did coach that 2006 Oakland defense where Burgess got 16 sacks, Sapp got 10 sacks, Nnamdi got 8 interceptions, and they gave up the 3rd least yards in the NFL.

I'm not a fan of everything Rob Ryan did in Oakland, but it's unfair to judge him completely because he didn't have freedom as a coordinator there.
Truth.

And, for whatever reason, Al really liked the guy. Would have gotten the HC job in Oakland if he had been an offensive coordinator. The players definitely seemed to love him in spite of the horrendous defenses he coached under Al's tutelage.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of Rob Ryan: This is so ******* funny!
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...ke-his-brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He needz stay in Cleveland kthxbye

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
.... while their offense put up like 33 passing yds in a game, the whole game. That was a really lopsided Oakland team in those days.

Rob Ryan is getting the kind of rep that most up & coming HC wannabees would kill for: he has the track record of turning losers into winners, & every yr there's no shortage of losers in the NFL with soon to be vacated HC slots. And he's worked for a manipulative owner & been successful too, that doesnt hurt.

Yes to the thread question. He might have his pick of jobs.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Truth.

And, for whatever reason, Al really liked the guy. Would have gotten the HC job in Oakland if he had been an offensive coordinator. The players definitely seemed to love him in spite of the horrendous defenses he coached under Al's tutelage.
Part of the reason for that was largely the fact that Rob would go to bat for them in the media at the slightest provocation. Every single player on that Raider defense either was or was capable of being the best in the NFL according to Rob (I learned once Rex had the Jets job that this trait runs in the family).

Rob's times in Oakland weren't always good, but's a fiery guy with a good strategic grounding. Like with Rex, I sometimes wonder if he's great at making the tough decision because he becomes so attached to his squad, but the guy is capable of being a great player's coach.

I like the guy, but ultimately I'm glad he didn't take over in Oakland. The last thing that team needed (or need today) is to have its ego stroked.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i thought he should have gotten the Raiders job when Kiffin was hired. Or when he was fired. Cable has turned out well for them but I still think Ryan was the better choice.

He'd definitely be on my short list if I was looking for a new coach.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about Rob to the Texans?

Kubiak may be on his way out with the way the team fell apart down the stretch and they have some very interesting pieces for him to use on defense.

They could get McDaniels to come in and handle the offense, I think he'd do well there with the weapons they have and would get the most out their players.

idk i dont know too much about the texans but just the idea of rob ryan moving mario williams around to create hell for the offense would be fun to see.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

as it relates to gameday coaching, I do not see what makes Rex Ryan a good coach. He knows defense and how to plan them, but he does not seem to bring much to the table on gameday and I hope that helps keep Rob in Cleveland
Old 12-13-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Veteran

6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908

The Ryan's are nice defensive minds, for sure but based on their personalities and what Rex has already shown, I question their ability to run a team, a game clock or challenges. Like Buddy they're good X's and O's guys but don't give them the keys to your franchise.
6270410908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
as it relates to gameday coaching, I do not see what makes Rex Ryan a good coach. He knows defense and how to plan them, but he does not seem to bring much to the table on gameday and I hope that helps keep Rob in Cleveland
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6270410908 View Post
The Ryan's are nice defensive minds, for sure but based on their personalities and what Rex has already shown, I question their ability to run a team, a game clock or challenges. Like Buddy they're good X's and O's guys but don't give them the keys to your franchise.

What is it that Rex does poorly in games? I feel like the D usually starts slowly as he feels out the O then they come on most of the time.

What things in particular is he doing bad? How can you tell? What things do you see a good coach doing? Just curious, i feel like people here say the coach is poor in game about a lot of guys and i just dont see what theyre talking about so im curious.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We don't have a large enough sample size to determine if he's a good coach or not.

Let's see how the Jets do if/when they get to the playoffs. That's all that really matters.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote