Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who SHOULD be the next full time Head Coach for the Cowboys
Jason Garrett will keep the job next year and beyond 11 16.67%
Bill Cowher. He's been waiting for a good opening. THIS is as big as they get. 6 9.09%
Jon Gruden. See above. Gruden will do with Romo what he did with the Raiders Rich Gannon. 21 31.82%
Leslie Frazier 5 7.58%
John Fox 6 9.09%
Brian Billick 6 9.09%
Denny Green 4 6.06%
Brian Schottenheimer 1 1.52%
Perry Fewell 2 3.03%
OTHER- name him 4 6.06%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2010, 12:30 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with Fox. In agreement with what they say in the article from PFT, he got a lot out of not a lot. Those years that they went to the playoffs with Delhomme...Fox could be the guy. He likes running the ball, the Cowboys have three quality backs. And as for defense, I think he could easily hire a 3-4 coordinator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:34 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Im pretty sure thats already been announced.
Sad but true, at the end of the day, or yr in this case of a whole round of exhaustive interviews I think it will fall to the default position of Garrett, who's the 2nd generation crown prince who literally grew up in the team after all.

Jerry may not even touch the big names of Gruden, Cowher or even Billick, there can only be one alpha male running the show there -- the Parcells tenure of 2 alphas was an ongoing compromise requiring give & take with every game, every draft & event. Memories of that should keep Jerry away from other headline-grabbers.

Fox is a nice guy, too nice in fact, as Wade was. We've seen in the no mercy NFL just how nice guys finish last. Not only that but the lingering bad taste in the fans mouth is intolerable, getting your ass handed to you game after game, wk. after wk. tends to make fans hate even pleasant nice guys.

Best compromise candidate as I've said before would be Rob Ryan, from an NFL FB family who knows the territory & the draft, wouldn't coddle the primadonnas & big names on the roster or tolerate a soft & underperforming defense, proven track rcd. of success as an asst. & most important, who's worked for overbearing owner tyrants before like Al Davis
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:57 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted for Billick. I agree that Jones will not go for an Alpha dog like Cowher or even Gruden. However I also don't think he wants to bring in another lame duck yes man like Wade Phillips. I think Billick offers him a nice balance. While strong enough to control his players Billick also had to work under Ozzie Newsome who was definitely the head guy in Baltimore and they had success doing that.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Zimmer's name getting tossed around a lot...

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:31 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fox or Frazier would be my guess. Jerry needs a good coach, but not a big time coach that will over shadow him. Plus the coach has to put up with Jerry. I can see Fox or Frazier being a good fit. Any other new coordinator would work too.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:42 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Boss, were taking Perry Fewell!
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just winz games on Madden I should really be on the poll...
Old 11-09-2010, 10:44 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys fans need to get on their knees and pray every day from here on out that Stanford gets a ****** bowl game with an 11-1 record.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Oaktown1981
Veteran

Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.

Rob Ryan

Bill won't go to Dallas if he goes anywhere it will be Carolina
I don't see John going to Dallas working under Jones.
Oaktown1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:16 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys think Jerry hired Parcells and didn't let him have any control? You don't think Parcells had control over the staff, drafts, personnel moves, or anything? Obviously Jerry has a say so, and no may be he won't give a guy TOTAL control, but it's naive to think he won't give a HC any control at all. Parcells had a TON of influence when he was here(granted for all the talk about that we still never won a playoff game).

I don't think Gruden is trying to be the GM and the Head Coach, so why would him or Billick be out of the question? Why would they expect more control then what Parcells was given?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
I went with Fox. In agreement with what they say in the article from PFT, he got a lot out of not a lot. Those years that they went to the playoffs with Delhomme...Fox could be the guy. He likes running the ball, the Cowboys have three quality backs. And as for defense, I think he could easily hire a 3-4 coordinator.
My problem with Fox, which has tended to be a problem here also, is his loyalty to the Veterans. How long did he ignore Deangelo with a obviously worse Rb in Deshaun Foster? I would say he is doing it now with Stewart but at least Deangelo is playing well, there are other circumstances I've seen him do this numerous times, in our case which would have meant Barber over Felix & Choice, Flozell needs to stay over Doug Free, alot of things we Cowboys fans complain about already being a problem.

I also want to know how much power Fox has in personnel moves. Trading all those 2nd round picks for crappy to average players. New England is nearly gonna have another late 1st round pick for who, Armanti Edwards or somebody? Maybe it's not him so I can't blame him for that.

I just think Jerry is gonna shoot for a mix between someone to get the fans excited about the season, because people are pissed the **** off and don't want to go to any more games in his precious stadium, a guy who has proven to be a winner before, and a big name. I don't think Fox fits the bill for any of those quite honestly. Billick would be really nice, Harbaugh I love but I don't know how I feel about a College coach trying his luck with us first.

That just seems like too easy of a way to end up failing.

Quote:
Old 11-09-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im curious to see if the Cowboys change over to a 4-3 defense.

Ive stated for the past 2 years that its not really a bad idea, considering how their DEs are mediocre as well as their ILBs anyway and they're playing a natural UT at NT anyway.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:27 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Oh and on the subject of Harbaugh, if he is indeed a candidate, watch Bob Stoops be contacted again for the job, so he can decline, again...Jerry has long been semi interested in him, and if Stoops wanted to coach the Cowboys I'd be willing to bet any amount of money it would happen.

Oh and BBD, honestly with how bad the D has been playing, what the hell. I think were open to anything. I just don't want it to be vanilla, like you mentioned the scheme Tennessee runs, something that could still have Ware rush the passer from both sides of the ball, standing up, I really don't want to see him with his hand in the ground primarily turning into a full time 4-3 DE like Mario Williams. Just not certain how it'd work and it would be scary to lose our best defensive player to where he's not as good anymore.

Quote:
Old 11-09-2010, 11:33 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Oh and on the subject of Harbaugh, if he is indeed a candidate, watch Bob Stoops be contacted again for the job, so he can decline, again...Jerry has long been semi interested in him, and if Stoops wanted to coach the Cowboys I'd be willing to bet any amount of money it would happen.

Oh and BBD, honestly with how bad the D has been playing, what the hell. I think were open to anything. I just don't want it to be vanilla, like you mentioned the scheme Tennessee runs, something that could still have Ware rush the passer from both sides of the ball, standing up, I really don't want to see him with his hand in the ground primarily turning into a full time 4-3 DE like Mario Williams. Just not certain how it'd work and it would be scary to lose our best defensive player to where he's not as good anymore.
Some 43 coordinators have done an excellent job changing up their fronts to get their pass rushers in prime position to succeed. I said I'll make a thread on Tennesee's brilliant scheme and I will, Im just swarmed lately and I want to do it right and draw some pictures to explain it so stay tuned.

I think it would help your front. Ratliff would beast it at UT, Ware and Spencer can play DE, Spears would actually florish as a 43 NT.

I think Sean Lee at MIKE would do better bc he won't have to shed blocks. Get a WILL and a SAM and bam, transition complete.

And with so many teams looking for 34 talent these days, its actually better to build a 43 defense bc 4-3 specific talent is falling in the draft.

Butler can be a pass rushing specialist. You can still stand guys up in obvious passing downs. I think it can work for sure.

The only true difference between the 43 and the 34 these days is your base D anyway, which doesn't see as many snaps as it used to.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Some 43 coordinators have done an excellent job changing up their fronts to get their pass rushers in prime position to succeed. I said I'll make a thread on Tennesee's brilliant scheme and I will, Im just swarmed lately and I want to do it right and draw some pictures to explain it so stay tuned.

I think it would help your front. Ratliff would beast it at UT, Ware and Spencer can play DE, Spears would actually florish as a 43 NT.

I think Sean Lee at MIKE would do better bc he won't have to shed blocks. Get a WILL and a SAM and bam, transition complete.

And with so many teams looking for 34 talent these days, its actually better to build a 43 defense bc 4-3 specific talent is falling in the draft.

Butler can be a pass rushing specialist. You can still stand guys up in obvious passing downs. I think it can work for sure.

The only true difference between the 43 and the 34 these days is your base D anyway, which doesn't see as many snaps as it used to.
Totally agree with this.

The benefit of the 3-4 used to be that nobody ran it, so you could pick up "tweeners" who fell in the draft. That's not the case anymore.

Just look at Derrick Morgan. Ten years ago, there's no way that guy makes it out of the top five. He lasted all the way until the middle of the first because not a lot of teams have any need for a pure 4-3 end.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really dont think Stoops wants any part of the NFL. To me he seems like a college guy and thats it. I think Harbaugh wants to get to the NFL because he wants to be up there with his brother, and well.....Luck wont be around much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Totally agree with this.

The benefit of the 3-4 used to be that nobody ran it, so you could pick up "tweeners" who fell in the draft. That's not the case anymore.

Just look at Derrick Morgan. Ten years ago, there's no way that guy makes it out of the top five. He lasted all the way until the middle of the first because not a lot of teams have any need for a pure 4-3 end.
Derrick Morgan, Geno Atkins, Daryl Washington (ironically drafted by a 34 team which makes no sense), Carlos Dunlap, Michael Johnson, Greg Hardy, I can go on and on.

A lot of these guys fell a good 1 to 2 rounds past where they should have bc they were built to play a 4-3.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every Giants, Eagles, and Redskins fan just started praying for Jim Zorn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Derrick Morgan, Geno Atkins, Daryl Washington (ironically drafted by a 34 team which makes no sense), Carlos Dunlap, Michael Johnson, Greg Hardy, I can go on and on.

A lot of these guys fell a good 1 to 2 rounds past where they should have bc they were built to play a 4-3.
Hardy fell because he's a walking injury and while he will show flashes, might be out of the NFL 3-4 years. The rest are kind of baffling.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They can have Cameron...
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't touch Leslie, he is mine!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Every Giants, Eagles, and Redskins fan just started praying for Jim Zorn.

Hardy fell because he's a walking injury and while he will show flashes, might be out of the NFL 3-4 years. The rest are kind of baffling.
Being a "bulky" 275 hurt his stock too. He no longer was viewed as a tweener who can play both schemes. Even with his injury history, he had no business falling to the 6th round.

Bc he's built strictly as a 4-3 DE, only half the teams in the league would be interested in him. Think about that. That's why the 4-3 is where its at right now.

And this is coming from a guy who is probably the biggest 3-4 defense fan on this board.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

So BBD, can I here your plan to fix the cowboys if your in charge? Coaching, schemes, FA, Draft, cuts, everything.

Thanks.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
So BBD, can I here your plan to fix the cowboys if your in charge? Coaching, schemes, FA, Draft, cuts, everything.

Thanks.
Hmmm, that's tough bc I haven't followed the draft or FA much yet so I can't really mention specific players. But here's a try:

HC: Mike Zimmer

OC and DC is whoever he pleases. Mike Zimmer has ties to the organization and knows how they work, he's a no nonsense guy who doesn't take crap and will teach discipline. He is intense in camp, he'll have intense practices and training camps.

He'll be a disciplinarian. He was under Parcells so he has pedigree. He runs a 4-3 scheme, and an aggressive scheme.

He'll put guys in the right place to succeed on defense, and just being a defensive guy and coaching under Parcells, I'd assume he would want to run the ball on offense.

As far as personnel moves are concerned:

You obvioulsy need a CB and a Safety, maybe 2 safeties. You need a WILL to convert to a 4-3. Youre fine at DE, but you can use another DT. Resign Spears for cheap and have him play NT. Ratliff is your UT. Get Fred Evans in FA to help with the DT rotation. Draft a pass rushing DT for depth in your nickel.

You need oline help so draft that as well. But you can't fix all those holes in 1 year, so you gotta pick your spots.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

He would probably draft Peterson, that gives you the 1,2 punch you need at CB. He'd motivate Jenkins. If Kiwi is available, I would absolutely go after him to have a nice 3 DE rotation.

Fred Evans adds depth at DT. Resign Spears, I'm telling you he'll florish as a 43 NT.

If Tarnard Jackson walks, get him. He's very underrated. If not, George Wilson of Buffalo is a nice stop gap, as is Deon Grant, who is playing excellent despite his age.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Mike Zimmer? Idk. That would be nice for you as a Giants fan... lol.