Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will be the number one pick?
Enes Kanter 7 7.07%
Perry Jones 14 14.14%
Kyrie Irving 49 49.49%
Harrison Barnes 19 19.19%
Other 10 10.10%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
What do you guys think of Terrence Jones on Kentucky?
I actually like him, and would like him, or Derrick Williams, on the Nets.
would be a nice wing since we start Travis "i'm on your team, stealin' your monies, being really bad" Outlaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Actually, Kyrie belongs to the Pistons.
Actually, Kyrie is still all ours :)
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Outlaw has been disappointing. Too bad you didnt get the 08 version. Back when he was in better health. He was a beast. He's just not what he was anymore.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have heard the Lamar Odom comparison brought up when talking about T Jones. Not a bad comparison to me, looks pretty versatile for his size.
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Henson is definitely a forward and still needs to put a ton of weight on. Not sure how much NBA scouts will like Marshall as he's not a tremendous athlete, and Zeller will probably be on the round 1 bubble when he comes out but I'm just not sure how much he really brings. For teams looking for a center who can rebound and block shots I'm not sure there's really a better option out there than Keith Benson, who will probably go towards the tail end of round 1 or in round 2 depending on workouts. As for true PG's there's not really much besides Kyrie Irving. Definitely not a great draft class this year.

Also somebody mentioned something about Perry Jones looking really bad. Game I saw a week or two ago he looked tremendous, think it was against Texas A&M though I could be wrong. Had some nice moves in the post, obviously a tremendous athlete who runs the floor well and has a lot of skills. So much potential, but I don't like the fact that he's really never won at any level despite being having basically everything you'd want in a big guy in HS or college, and he's still got to bulk up and put in a lot of work to get there obviously. I saw a Tim Thomas comparison for him in a recent article and, while Thomas isn't really a recent guy, it definitely rang true to me. In a week draft he's probably the best of the bunch in terms of upside and it's got to be him or Irving if you're drafting at the top IMO, outside of maybe Sullinger but I just don't love the ceiling on him. Kevin Love's success should help him though, similar build and athleticism and he's got some decent skill too.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
I have heard the Lamar Odom comparison brought up when talking about T Jones. Not a bad comparison to me, looks pretty versatile for his size.
I think Terrence Jones is more Jeff Green than Lamar Odom.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:20 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I watched him tonight a little more, Lamar has a little more handle and prolllllllllllllllllllllllllly a little taller.

I still like T Jones though.

EDIT - I also really like William Buford, is it crazy to say he could be a better pro than Sullinger?
Go Amare.

Last edited by thenewfeature06 : 02-15-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Yeah I watched him tonight a little more, Lamar has a little more handle and prolllllllllllllllllllllllllly a little taller.

I still like T Jones though.

EDIT - I also really like William Buford, is it crazy to say he could be a better pro than Sullinger?
When I watched OSU in person against the Gophs, Buford was the most impressive player in the first half before Sullinger kind of took over in the second half, but he could be a very good pro.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I think Terrence Jones is more Jeff Green than Lamar Odom.
I like that. Not sure he's quite as polished as Green was when he came out, maybe a little Green/Anthony Randolph mix although I might just be saying that because I want to compare Jones to a lefty.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

I would say Josh Smith before I would say AR probably. I have seen T Jones go hard to the hoop more than a couple times and Randolph seems brittle but shot wise maybe.
Go Amare.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:06 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Smith does make some sense as well, and you're right about the stylistic differences. He's got a lot of good characteristics for a combo forward, a lot better than most of the ones who have come out recently IMO.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who are the ATHLETIC FREAKS of this potential draft class?

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:26 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Off the top of my head, Buford is pretty athletic.

DeAndre Liggins from UK as well.
Go Amare.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Who are the ATHLETIC FREAKS of this potential draft class?
John Henson is pretty athletic but he's going to suck. Travis Leslie is a pretty ridiculous athlete.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:02 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

CJ Leslie is a ridiculous athlete but he's got some attitude issues to work out. Probably will leave after this year though, so he'll be in the class.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:42 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
John Henson is pretty athletic but he's going to suck. Travis Leslie is a pretty ridiculous athlete.
Yo! At least use a different word.

I can't REALLY disagree though but he scares me. He started this year at like 205 but is still really lanky. Brandon Wright anybody? :(

Leslie is probably the best athlete out there haha and another guy I like is Scotty Hopson but I have never really liked his attitude.
Go Amare.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a little input from me since I haven't said much on this draft, but being such a weak class with raw guys who will go higher than they should, Derrick Williams is my #1 overall pick. He is just so refined and efficient. IMO he's as sure as a bet in this draft to be a solid 15+7 guy at least and be a very good #2 on a team or elite #3. I just think his skill set is very developed. IMO he's the Brandon Roy of wings and he will at the least be a solid pro.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still haven't even seen Derrick Williams play, but his numbers are just insane this year. 64% shooting from a wing is unheard of.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

STRIP...how do you think Derrick Williams and Deron would work together?
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I still haven't even seen Derrick Williams play, but his numbers are just insane this year. 64% shooting from a wing is unheard of.
66% from the 3 point line, and 77% from the free throw line, he averages a ridiculous 2.14 points per shot attempt. To be clear though he's a PF in college and actually could very well be that in the NBA with his size. I only call him a wing because he does have perimeter skills and quickness but if he's a 3/4 tweener he's closer to a 4 but capable of playing the 3 kind of like Lamar Odom.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
STRIP...how do you think Derrick Williams and Deron would work together?
Deron? Why would the Jazz have a top 5 pick?

Old 02-19-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can only picture Derrick Williams in a Cavs uniform

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Deron? Why would the Jazz have a top 5 pick?
Mean Derozan haha.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:00 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Mean Derozan haha.
I don't see any problem with it, Williams would have to play the post more though since both do their damage inside of the arch for the most part. Defensively Derozan should be guarding SF's not SG's, but Williams is a better defensive fit at the 4 anyways. Bigger problem is Bargnani and Williams would be such a smallish front court. Raps have too many 3/4 tweeners already with Bargnani, Kleiza, and Amir. Honestly I'm not sure I would draft Williams with Ed Davis there and the above mentioned guys. IMO Sullinger would be the ideal pick for the Raps because while he isn't a natural 5 in the NBA he would definitely be the toughest guy on that roster.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay now the Bulls have two picks in this terrible draft. Kenneth Faried and Klay Thompson baby!!!! WOOOOO... *goes and cries in the corner*

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote