Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-10-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default ESPN 30:for:30 Thread

This program, the 30 for 30 series by ESPN, is the best television sports documentary series of all-time.

It deserves it's own thread here, as it's all about sports, but always more than sports.

Three times that I can recall this season, I have been moved to tears watching it.

Who caught the last night episode on Marcus Dupree?
Is there anyone here who was around when he was making his legend?

Anyone watch the one about the Bosnia/Croatia/Serbia stuff?

The Two Escobar's was the most riveting one for me. I wish I had saved that on my DVR.

Anyone know how or if there's a way I can take it from my DVR and somehow upload it to youtube or somewhere to share with everyone?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Two Escobars and The Best that Never Was are the only two I've caught in entirety, but they've both been excellent.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are all so amazing. Even when its a subject I wasn't interested in, I still thought it was really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember when I made this thread when the 30 for 30 started an only I posted in it, sigh.

Volume 1 of the 30 for 30 comes out on DVD on December 17th. It has the first 15 shown.

http://www.amazon.com/ESPN-Films-Gif...9444078&sr=8-1

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Run Ricky Run was great, most are pretty good. I haven't seen a ton of them.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every single one I've watched has been great. Run Ricky Run was by far my favorite (for obvious reasons). One of my favorite players of all time (and by far one of the most misunderstood) actually had his side of the story aired out.

Without Bias, The U, Straight Outta LA, June 17th, 1994, Jordan Rides the Bus, One Night in Vegas, Once Brothers (my second favorite)....so many good episodes.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most of them are great but my favorites that I've seen are The U and Run Ricky Run. The Len Bias one was pretty good too. I still need to see the Marcus Dupree and Escobar brother ones.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The U was ******* awesome.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:29 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The U was by far my favorite one out of them all. It was so sick haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:25 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These are probably the best shows ever done regarding sports. So far, I've watched The Two Escobars, Run Ricky Run, Without Bias, and I think I'm missing another one.

The one I can relate to the most is The Two Escobars, basically because that's what's going on back where I'm from. Very powerful drug lords who have control over anything they wish to control. There has never been any major intervention or influence in sports (publicly, at least), but everything associated with Escobar, such as buying off everyone he wanted to, is the same. I guess the shooting in Mexico City of Salvador Cabanas is definitely a sports intervention, but I'm not from there. Fortunately, Cabanas didn't die. Don't really know how he survived a close range shot, even if it wasn't a particularly strong gun, but I'm glad he did. He was a great player.

Never really knew why he was shot, doubt we ever will, but there are conflicting reports about it. He suffered short term memory loss and hasn't played at all since the incident happened back in January. It's still unknown if he will ever return to play.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Fact that you mentioned Bosnia in your first post makes this Thread Epic.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:17 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never saw the Lenny Bias one!
Was that this season?
I know there are 4 or 5 still on my DVR that I have yet to get to sadly (but I will), but I don't recall seeing that title in my list.

The U one was awesome. Tons of racial tensions back there in the city.... wait, now it's like that everywhere in America isn't it? Sad.
Sadder is that their football team hasn't really been great in a long time. I miss the days when they were great and had all those **** NFL RB's right there.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:43 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dupree is being rebroadcasted tonight. My TiVo didn't record it on Tuesday, so I have it on lockdown tonight!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:44 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive only seen a few of them. I liked the one about the Knicks and the Pacers but the OJ Simpson one where they showed live footage from the day with the World Cup Opening Ceremony, NBA Finals that year was very good

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:44 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Dupree is being rebroadcasted tonight. My TiVo didn't record it on Tuesday, so I have it on lockdown tonight!
I've got it set for tonight too. Missed it in all the video game related hub bub.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:44 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Ive only seen a few of them. I liked the one about the Knicks and the Pacers but the OJ Simpson one where they showed live footage from the day with the World Cup Opening Ceremony, NBA Finals that year was very good
Yeah I watched those 2.
Reggie Miller was an ASSASSIN on the Knicks, and Spike Lee! Great theater that was.

And watching those OJ things.... hard to believe OJ didn't serve a day for those crimes, but yet he's now in jail for much lesser things.
Strange justice.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:47 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once Brothers was really good. I didn't get the chance to see Drazen Petrovic
play, but it was a real well done story.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:55 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once Brothers was my fav w/o a doubt
Old 11-11-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup the Drazen and Vlade episode is one of the better things I've seen on T.V. in a long time. I'm not even into the extreme sports stuff but I watched the entire episode when they had on some BMX rider can't remember the name but he was one of the pioneers, but it was extremely entertaining. The raw footage and interviews they acquired were excellent.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Havent seen every single one, but all the ones I have watched have been worth my time.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Da U, Run Ricky Run, The Two Escobars, Terry Fox: Into the Wind, and Tim Richmond: To the Limit are so so so good. Ive seen a couple other ones, but these are my top 5.... no order
Old 11-11-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They need to so more about my people. :D

You guys have no idea.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
They need to so more about my people. :D

You guys have no idea.
You're right, Americans know or care very little about people in other countries, typically.
Not all, but too many.

Goran Ivanisievic, Wimbledon Champion.... Croatia I think.

I have to watch the 2 Brothers one tomorrow. Still on my DVR.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DA U was the best one followed by the two escobars & once brothers(drazen & Vlade).

I wanted to see the Tyson/tupac 30 for 30 but missed it.

I didn't like straight out of L.A., I thought Ice Cube did a poor job
Old 11-12-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
DA U was the best one followed by the two escobars & once brothers(drazen & Vlade).

I wanted to see the Tyson/tupac 30 for 30 but missed it.

I didn't like straight out of L.A., I thought Ice Cube did a poor job
The 2 Esobar's was so great because Pablo controlled the whole country, and his kingpin work made him the most powerful man in the world for many years, and it all was so entwined with the Columbian soccer team, and then with the World Cup, which just happened to be in the USA that year.

AND they just happened to draw playing in our pool, and lose to us. Poor Andres.

That was the best individual program I have ever seen really. Chilling.

Now Mexico is running wild, lawless with all the drugs and killing people every day all day long.