Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 11-15-2010, 06:21 AM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.
Default Is it really this bad?

Is it really so bad that we have even stopped discussing each game? But then again I guess its just all of us repeating the same things over and over each week so there really isn't a need to start news threads for each game.

I think T.O. said it best "we keep finding ways to lose instead of finding ways to win"
Clarkpba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, yes it is.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:25 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What T.O. meant to say is that they never found a way to start games. Only when we're down by 17+ points do we turn it on and start playing like a real team.

Anyways, yes, it's really bad. I like Marvin Lewis, I like Carson Palmer, I like Ochocinco and I like T.O. But I wouldn't be upset if we dropped all of them at the end of the season. I'm ready to start a new era, for better or worse.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point i think more of us are looking foward to the Offseason more then this weeks game.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

I think when we get a new HC he will bring a new OC with him and keep Zimmer *crossing fingers Zimmer stays* and that they will not bring Ocho or TO back but will keep Palmer around for another year or 2 forsure, Palmer with a new OC that actually knew how to put together a game plan could be good again. He makes some bad throws, it almost seems like he is making 1-3 bad throws a game but those throws are almost always to TO and Ocho... I wonder if we had hungrier more dedicated WR's if that would change.

My dream draft right now is taking AJ Green if available, then a safety in 2, then pass rusher in 3(Greg Romeus draft stock going to fall)...
Old 11-16-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crites09 View Post
I think when we get a new HC he will bring a new OC with him and keep Zimmer *crossing fingers Zimmer stays* and that they will not bring Ocho or TO back but will keep Palmer around for another year or 2 forsure, Palmer with a new OC that actually knew how to put together a game plan could be good again. He makes some bad throws, it almost seems like he is making 1-3 bad throws a game but those throws are almost always to TO and Ocho... I wonder if we had hungrier more dedicated WR's if that would change.

My dream draft right now is taking AJ Green if available, then a safety in 2, then pass rusher in 3(Greg Romeus draft stock going to fall)...
At this point i figure Zimmer will be the HC because Mike Brown usually like promote from within plus he will be too cheap to go after a big time HC

RIP themaninblack
Old 11-16-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
At this point i figure Zimmer will be the HC because Mike Brown usually like promote from within plus he will be too cheap to go after a big time HC
I would be fine with Zimmer as Head Coach.. that man is possessed and wouldn't let stuff slide.. The other good thing about Zimmer would be is that he would hire someone (possibly his son) that shares the same defensive philosophy as him then he would get a competent OC
Old 11-17-2010, 04:49 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I use to think Zimmer would be a great HC candidate for us. But after thinking about it for awhile now, I kind of hope he just stays the defensive coordinator. I'd rather keep him as a defensive coordinator then risk promoting him into something he can't do.

I would be fine with it if it happened, but I would much prefer we bring someone from the outside in. Someone who has new philosophies and a new culture to teach this organization.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

The problem you run into bringing in another head coach is him wanting to have his own staff. It usually never works out great for a coach who has is staff picked for him. I would venture to guess the only way Zimmer is back with the Bengals is if he is the head coach. I would also be shocked if he doesn't get the Bengals head coaching job that someone else in the league doesn't offer him that position. I do feel that Palmer should be kept around to bridge the gap between him and the next quarterback like Kitna did when Palmer was drafted. Plus it may work out if he picks his game up while a youngster developes that the Bengals can get something for him on the trade market.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkpba View Post
The problem you run into bringing in another head coach is him wanting to have his own staff. It usually never works out great for a coach who has is staff picked for him. I would venture to guess the only way Zimmer is back with the Bengals is if he is the head coach. I would also be shocked if he doesn't get the Bengals head coaching job that someone else in the league doesn't offer him that position. I do feel that Palmer should be kept around to bridge the gap between him and the next quarterback like Kitna did when Palmer was drafted. Plus it may work out if he picks his game up while a youngster developes that the Bengals can get something for him on the trade market.
That's a good point I guess. Again, I'm fine with Zimmer being head coach, but I just don't know if he's best suited for that.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

I wouldn't be against Zimmer as HC, but I swear I read something long ago after Zimmers first season as DC and he generated some buzz about becoming a HC and that he preferred to be a coordinator and just focus on the defense. But I have no link to an article...

Also just a side note... Zimmer has never been a HC at the collegiate or NFL level before...

On another side note... I know his offenses in Baltimore never were that good but he also didn't have a very good QB... Brian Billick for HC with Zimmer as DC.. Billick likes agressive defense's.. see Marvin Lewis' defense and Rex Ryan's defense..

Last edited by crites09 : 11-17-2010 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Thought
crites09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:08 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Thinking about this some, I think the Brown family would decide on Zimmer as the next HC. He is someone they know and would feel comfortable with him fitting in with their operating culture verses bringing someone unknown to them from the outside. The risk with Zimmer is if the job is too big for him? We need to turn this ship around now and I don't want to wait around for 2 years to see if he can be a HC. If its him, he needs to replace Brat and that would be interesting to see if he does due to their close relationship.

I'm still not sure that Lewis being gone is a foregone conclusion. Probably is, but you never know with the Brown family.

If we do go outside, I like Gruden. He'd trash Brat and get our O going.

Flying up for the game this weekend. Lets beat the Bills and finish strong against some of these good teams that are teed up for us.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just curious on what the Bengals fans think of Carson Palmer and his future with the team if Andrew Luck is available? Or if He isn't?
Old 11-18-2010, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Just curious on what the Bengals fans think of Carson Palmer and his future with the team if Andrew Luck is available? Or if He isn't?
Crappy situation, Mike Brown won't want to pay 2 QB's top dollar money. So either we drop Carson to get Luck, or we pass on Luck to keep Carson. The chances of him allowing both to be on the roster is really low.

I'm really indifferent. If we wanna give Palmer another shot year, I can live with that. But I'm ready to move on if the organization is as well.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
I will punch 100 Babies if Luck is there and we pass on him.

But Palmer more then likely stay with the team till his contracts runs up and will be the starter for the majority of that time unless Mike Brown stops being a dumbass anytime soon but i dont see that happening

RIP themaninblack
Old 11-19-2010, 01:37 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
I'm really indifferent. If we wanna give Palmer another shot year, I can live with that. But I'm ready to move on if the organization is as well.
Gah. That really sucks to see how fan optimism has faded on a guy like Palmer. He throws one of the prettiest balls I've ever seen. It's a perfect spiral.

After he tore his ACL, he just hasn't been the same.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Gah. That really sucks to see how fan optimism has faded on a guy like Palmer. He throws one of the prettiest balls I've ever seen. It's a perfect spiral.

After he tore his ACL, he just hasn't been the same.
Man, I feel like I get into this argument everyday. I'll state my opinion on this since you genuinely interested in Palmer.

Palmer literally came back the following year from the ACL tear, and played equally well as the year before. Like even his stats we're good the following year.

In '05, Palmer was crazy good. He led the league in touchdown passes as well as leading one of the more explosive offenses to the play offs. However, a freak injury obviously bounced him from the play offs.

In '06, he played just as well. Despite everyone saying he might not even play football again, he continued to step into the pocket without hesitation and put up a great performance. However, the team went 8-8 due to a terrible defense.

In '07, his statistics don't look great, but he really did play well all things considered. He had an old and beat up offense line that didn't protect him at all. I would estimate that 50% of his interceptions this season were due to him being rushed. The line only gave up 15 sacks because Palmer was always trying to get the ball out early. The team ended up 7-9 due to poor running game, offensive line (maybe the reason for the former) and defense.

In '08, Palmer injured his Elbow and missed most of the season. When he went to see a specialist, they said he should have had surgery. Instead of electing to get said surgery, he went and saw 6 other specialist until one finally told him that it would heal on it's own and he didn't need surgery.

In '09 is when his throws started to be a little high and lose a bit of their zip.

So my point is that I highly doubt it was the ACL tear that is to blame for his poor performance of recent.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Hey someone else finally jumping on board with me about Palmer and his elbow being the main problem with his performance.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rex Ryan was retained when Harbaugh came in so I'm hoping against all hope that they retain Zimmer.

This blackout is almost nostalgic... All the bandwagon fans probably don't even know Bengals games can not be shown on television lol... Ugh.

I still don't think the team is that bad at all. It's just the constant mistakes and general sloppiness. There's plenty of reason for optimism next year... This year, not so much.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote