Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure. Played better yesterday than I ever expected him to play in an NFL game. I was not a Troy Smith guy coming out and I'm still hesitant about him. We'll see going forward. Great game and something to build on for sure though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
He's no Isiah Stanbeck
There is only one Isiah Stanbeck.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always thought Troy could be a starter in the NFL, he was just short. If he hadn't been injured in Baltimore, he would have started the season for the Ravens during Flacco's rookie year.

If Troy had been the starter all season for the 49ers, SF would be leading the NFC West.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
If Troy had been the starter all season for the 49ers, SF would be leading the NFC West.
No they wouldn't, at least not if everything else had remained the same. They would still be 3-6, possibly 4-5
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not shy to like prospects from OSU. I wasn't sold on Gholston or Robiskie and am currently not sold on Posey and Pryor. Troy Smith I was really high on coming out, I remember all those Brady Quinn vs Troy Smith debates. Troy was better in college and is better in the pros already. His senior year he had "it" and was just a great football player who made play after play with his arm. He just needed a chance, I'm glad he's finally getting one in San Fran.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
What has Flacco done? I think Troy Smith would have made that team better without having to have a revolving door at WR.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
What has Flacco done? I think Troy Smith would have made that team better without having to have a revolving door at WR.
Win two playoff games his rookie year. Flacco has looked awesome in some games. He just needs to get his feet under him more.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not saying Flacco isn't good or that he isn't really good or that he won't be great. I do think the Ravens would have had more success so far if they'd gone with Troy Smith.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
No they wouldn't, at least not if everything else had remained the same. They would still be 3-6, possibly 4-5
Abaddon hates troy smith. Troy had the best game a niner qb has had in years. I'm excited to see what he does the rest of the year. He has gotten the niners out of last place so far.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive always liked troy smith, i thought he has always had an NFL arm. hes what you get if mcnabb and brees had an illegitimate love child. glad hes finally getting his chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:06 AM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His quick outs were better this week.

Troy didn't do many deep drops and seems to cut them off. That helped but the downside is his passes may get knocked down as the Defenses get a read on him.

Need to see him more and vs better teams.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:27 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hes got all the tools you look for in a quarterback, ive always thought the only reason he isnt a starter in this league and wasnt a high draft pick is because hes 6 feet tall and not 6'2".

I loved him comin out of Ohio State and i think he could be a starter in this league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:52 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The new Jeff Garcia in San Fran!

His mobility is crucial behind an inconsistent line(at best) and he has some good weapons to go downfield with.

I think he can have a fair bit of success if they put him in a position to succeed. Key though will be establishing some brute force in the running game and then supplementing it with the pass and using his strengths.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:16 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Abaddon hates troy smith. Troy had the best game a niner qb has had in years. I'm excited to see what he does the rest of the year. He has gotten the niners out of last place so far.
Which game do you think they would have won with Troy Smith if everything else had stayed the same? They definitely still would have lost at Seattle and Kansas City and probably would have lost to New Orleans and Philadelphia. If he had played they probably would have beaten Carolina but they would have won that if Alex Smith hadn't gotten injured as well. The only game that they probably would have won was at Atlanta but even that is iffy because the playcalling sucked.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:32 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
The only game that they probably would have won was at Atlanta but even that is iffy because the playcalling sucked.
And they still would have won if Clements didn't fumble the INT return.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:21 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I'm not shy to like prospects from OSU. I wasn't sold on Gholston or Robiskie and am currently not sold on Posey and Pryor. Troy Smith I was really high on coming out, I remember all those Brady Quinn vs Troy Smith debates. Troy was better in college and is better in the pros already. His senior year he had "it" and was just a great football player who made play after play with his arm. He just needed a chance, I'm glad he's finally getting one in San Fran.
Troy Smith was in no way better than Brady Quinn in college. He was on a better team, sure, but he played in a spread offense and only threw when the run wasn't working.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-16-2010, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Troy Smith was in no way better than Brady Quinn in college. He was on a better team, sure, but he played in a spread offense and only threw when the run wasn't working.
This can't be a serious statement.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:33 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Woody Hayes has been doing a kick ass job of coaching the team despite the notable handicap of being dead.

As for Troy Smith... maybe he really is good, but the guy went from being 3rd string in Baltimore to cut to 3rd string in San Francisco to superstar? I'll wait a few games.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
I'm completely serious. Brady may have sucked it up in the NFL, but in college he was the man. I'm in the Scott Wright school of thought on Brady Quinn though. He was asked to do a lot more in college and did it at a very high level.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-16-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm completely serious. Brady may have sucked it up in the NFL, but in college he was the man. I'm in the Scott Wright school of thought on Brady Quinn though. He was asked to do a lot more in college and did it at a very high level.
You know you're not going in the right direction when you have Sniper defending Ohio State.

Troy threw for 2500 yards and 30 TDs his Heisman season with a completion percentage of 65.3% and 8.17 yards per attempt.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
You know you're not going in the right direction when you have Sniper defending Ohio State.

Troy threw for 2500 yards and 30 TDs his Heisman season with a completion percentage of 65.3% and 8.17 yards per attempt.
Statistics. Quinn was the better pure quarterback. Smith was asked to make far fewer(and easier) reads and be much more a game manager. Quinn made the likes of Maurice Stovall and Rhema McKnight look like competent receivers along with playing with a crap offensive line. Quinn had to win games, Smith just had to not lose them, with the exception of the Michigan game that year where he played fantastic. Good player, but if you're asking me to chose one all other things equal, I'll go with Quinn every time. Tyrod Taylor is doing exactly what did his entire career without nearly as much fan fare.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-16-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
What does everyone think of Troy Smith?
I think he'll have the worst game of his career on sunday :)

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Statistics. Quinn was the better pure quarterback. Smith was asked to make far fewer(and easier) reads and be much more a game manager. Quinn made the likes of Maurice Stovall and Rhema McKnight look like competent receivers along with playing with a crap offensive line. Quinn had to win games, Smith just had to not lose them, with the exception of the Michigan game that year where he played fantastic. Good player, but if you're asking me to chose one all other things equal, I'll go with Quinn every time. Tyrod Taylor is doing exactly what did his entire career without nearly as much fan fare.
Name me Quinn's biggest win in college. Go!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:33 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Name me Quinn's biggest win in college. Go!
Almost beating USC. Does that have anything to do with him? Despite the fact AJ Hawk was porking his sister doesn't mean the Notre Dame defense had anyone worth a damn.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-16-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Statistics. Quinn was the better pure quarterback. Smith was asked to make far fewer(and easier) reads and be much more a game manager. Quinn made the likes of Maurice Stovall and Rhema McKnight look like competent receivers along with playing with a crap offensive line. Quinn had to win games, .
Maybe it was the WRs/TE and their poor schedule that made Brady Quinn look good. Brady Quinn beat no team that was ranked