Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Finnegan: Fined heavily or Suspended?

After watching this guy, I come to terms he is one of the NFL's dirtiest players. This guy was looking for a fight the whole game against Johnson. Johnson is a player with class and seriously lost his cool. But he was definately provoked and glad he hit him. I was just irritated that he didn't lay him out.

I think Johnson should be fined, but come on, Finnegan should be suspended. What do you think?

BTW, the comments by the Texans owner quite entertaining and said he won't punish Johnson for his behavior.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suspend, I hate him. Make him an example.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah see if he is Clapping after not getting paid or playing a game or two.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do we think Andre is getting suspended?
Old 11-28-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I mean I am not trying to make Andre Johnson sound like a saint, but he seems like an even keeled guy and a nice guy. U have to do a lot of cheap bull **** to piss him that much off. And he seems to be involved with a lot of crap.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep an eye on James Harrison for suspension too, the NFL poster boy for penalties got flagged again for hitting a QB. Getting suspended against the Ravens would suck massive balls.

I wouldnt be suprised to see Andre, Finnegan and Harrison all suspended this week.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love that Harrison is going to get flagged no matter what he does because of Goodell making an example out of him. Falling on cambell last week was the biggest pile of **** Ive seen in a long time. I say no way Finnegan gets suspended unless both of them do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finnegan= Josh Koscheck.

Both will probably be suspended for a game and Finnegan will be fined heavier for being an asshat.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andre Johnson is so awesome. I would think he's gone for at least a game, probably two for what went down today. Finnegan is a punk and should be suspended, he's known for antagonizing people and I'm glad Johnson kicked his ass. Lets see Finnegan keep clapping when he is on the sideline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
After watching this guy, I come to terms he is one of the NFL's dirtiest players. This guy was looking for a fight the whole game against Johnson. Johnson is a player with class and seriously lost his cool. But he was definately provoked and glad he hit him. I was just irritated that he didn't lay him out.

I think Johnson should be fined, but come on, Finnegan should be suspended. What do you think?

BTW, the comments by the Texans owner quite entertaining and said he won't punish Johnson for his behavior.
What were the comments I'm curious lol.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They'll probably both miss a game. Finnegan deserved 100% of what he got though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:08 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kudos to Andre Johnson for kicking Finnegan's butt and landing some good hammerfists.
I would suspend both of them. Finnegan has been a punk since day 1 and he did a great job of instigating this. Johnson threw punches so he also be suspended.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
if crap like that continues, it will be really hard to continue to watch nfl games.
Agreed, I don't blame them for trying to protect their players, but I really don't see how he could of made that tackle and not fall on the QB, not to mention it wasn't apart of the new rules explanation. A big part of it is how quickly their implementing these rules without any consideration of how it will affect the game as a whole. But anyway..... just saw an espn interview where they said neither are expected to be suspended.

Quote:
Old 11-29-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Veteran

6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908

Finnegan is a repeat offender so he will probably get a harsher punishment but andre will get a fair sentence for those punches. What I kiked is what a ***** finnegan acted like after he got up off the ground. He throws his hands up like a little girl as if to say"hey man I was just kidding, why you swingin on me??" Lol after he rips the guys helmet off and is notorious for cheapshots, the guy gets a taste of his own medicine and showed that he's a big mouth from samford college trying to play and talk much bigger than he really is. I hooe the next guy he messes with just laughs at him.
6270410908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:48 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never played football but I did play lacrosse. I was really surprised at how easily they ripped each others helmets off. Reminded me of D2 Might Ducks.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Ive noticed in the NFL how easy it is to have a helmet fall off. It happens all the time, and they literally got each helmet off on the first pull, which makes me wonder if part of the head injuries could be related to helmets not being properly fit or worn when playing. I mean my helmet never came off like that, even when I pulled it off.

Quote:
Old 11-29-2010, 12:58 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Next time, Cortland needs to get them both ejected before the game starts.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:03 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I notice that a lot of guys don't button all 4, they'll just do 3.

(For some reason I always tried to do this during running and walkthroughs for comfort but it never worked, although other guys on the team could make it work. It always was way off to one side for me.)

Finnegan's helmet could have come off easily because of his hair...
Old 11-29-2010, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

It looks like they only snap one and have to adjust it almost every play. I feel like that should have been the first approach when dealing with this whole helmet injury thing, Goodell is going to have a field day with this incident tho.

Quote:
Old 11-29-2010, 01:21 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
What were the comments I'm curious lol.
Bob McNair said I awarded it to Andre on points,
Old 11-29-2010, 01:23 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, so Finnegan wasn't punished enough? Humility and all?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:23 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:35 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Johnson is a player with class...
Sure he is.

Finny does this on purpose. He knows he gets under a WR's skin, and the more the WR shows it, the more Finnegan does. And seeing as how this is the second time AJ has ripped Finnegan's helmet off after the play like this, it's apparent he doesn't have the mental dexterity to bear it like most other WR's can. So look for this to happen again.

Of the two, Andre Johnson deserves to be suspended more. Finnegan has the history and incited it, but this isn't AJ's first fight like this, he was the one who was throwing fist-to-face punches, he ran onto the field/scuffle after being ejected by the ref, and he slapped away a ref's arms who was corralling him towards the sideline.

I started LOL'ing when Finny popped up and starting clapping, though. I'm sure two bops on the head didn't phase him much.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 11-29-2010 at 01:37 AM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:16 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both, please.

Both will be fined over 20k and miss a game. Finnegan doesn't have enough brains to cause any damage by punching him in the head either.

Last edited by descendency : 11-29-2010 at 04:18 AM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:44 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finnegan is arguably the most overrated corner in the league. One good year. At least Nate Clements doesn't do **** like this.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote