Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
ShyneQuasiOG22
Rookie

ShyneQuasiOG22 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As an Eagles fan I'm pleasantly surprised with Vick. I was an advocate for Kolb starting and still think at the time would have been the right call, but Vick has proven me wrong bigtime. I expected the same qb from Atlanta but he really has progressed into a very good passer.
ShyneQuasiOG22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys have to be ******* kidding me if you think Vick is the same QB now that he was in Atlanta. That's based off a lot of bad memory apparently. I know Michael Vick, I saw Michael Vick, I can attest that he has completely changed his approach to the game. He was closer to Kordell Stewart in Atlanta, now he is Steve Young. From his mechanics, to his accuracy, to his patience, to his confidence. It is 100% different.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
It's been 55:45 this year.
We as Philly fans are wondering why it took so long...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As we see this change in how Vick approaches the QB position, I wonder what it is that changed him to play like this. Anyone know? Is it Reid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
As we see this change in how Vick approaches the QB position, I wonder what it is that changed him to play like this. Anyone know? Is it Reid?
Reid gets some credit, McNabb gets a lot of credit for showing Vick wat type of work ethic it takes. QB coach James Urban gets credit, as well as Mornhinweg. They have all helped with tweaking his footwork and throwing posture. I'm sure Kolb has offered some help as well.

Lets not forget Vick deserves a lot of credit for changing into what he is now too. I said it last night watching the game half jokingly, but its true... Just call him Optimus Prime, Vick is changing right before our eyes.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't worry guys , Tebow will get his own appreciation thread next year once he starts proving you . Plus he threw his first TD pass Sunday and it was epic perfect .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Reid gets some credit, McNabb gets a lot of credit for showing Vick wat type of work ethic it takes. QB coach James Urban gets credit, as well as Mornhinweg. They have all helped with tweaking his footwork and throwing posture. I'm sure Kolb has offered some help as well.

Lets not forget Vick deserves a lot of credit for changing into what he is now too. I said it last night watching the game half jokingly, but its true... Just call him Optimus Prime, Vick is changing right before our eyes.

Yeah, it really is all of the above.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
You guys have to be ******* kidding me if you think Vick is the same QB now that he was in Atlanta. That's based off a lot of bad memory apparently. I know Michael Vick, I saw Michael Vick, I can attest that he has completely changed his approach to the game. He was closer to Kordell Stewart in Atlanta, now he is Steve Young. From his mechanics, to his accuracy, to his patience, to his confidence. It is 100% different.
This is true. He's not back; he's finally arrived. Football fans have waited a long, long time for this moment.

And stop complaining :P You've had Vick, Matt Schaub, and Matt Ryan for the last decade.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
This is true. He's not back; he's finally arrived. Football fans have waited a long, long time for this moment.

And stop complaining :P You've had Vick, Matt Schaub, and Matt Ryan for the last decade.
Don't forget Byron Leftwich, 7th overall pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Or Joey Harringtonzz!!11!

Old 11-16-2010, 05:04 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somehow I forgot about him. That makes 4 top 10 picks at QB in a three year span. By SWDC logic, that makes them easily the best QB'd team of all time.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-16-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Somehow I forgot about him. That makes 4 top 10 picks at QB in a three year span. By SWDC logic, that makes them easily the best QB'd team of all time.
The 49ers have two number 1 overall picks at QB on their roster. They'll give them a run for their money.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Um, a little penal goes a long way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
Don't worry guys , Tebow will get his own appreciation thread next year once he starts proving you . Plus he threw his first TD pass Sunday and it was epic perfect .
I feel compelled to ask how there is a green bar . . .

Just in case anybody on IRC is looking. ;)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he's broke as **** and realized that football is his ticket? wasn't he filing for bankruptcy while he was locked up? this is the most obvious reason for him putting it together.

i love Vick.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
You guys have to be ******* kidding me if you think Vick is the same QB now that he was in Atlanta.
This.

Remember all those flashes we saw from time to time? Now he's consistently doing those things.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

I think I'm gonna bust out my old #7 ATL jersey with the half melted numbers from repeated washings and dryings.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-16-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When Vick came back last year he didn't have his legs back yet so he really had to learn how to become a true pocket passer. He finally took the time to improve his technique and learned from McNabb and now that he has his legs back we're beginning to see the finished product. Vick is finally reaching his full potential which is a very, very scary notion for defenses.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick's jersey from last night going to Pro Football HOF

http://www.csnphilly.com/11/16/10/Ha...109&feedID=704
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate to say this but..

1 - Vick's overall improvement as a passer
2 - Reemergence of his old athleticism
3 - Andy Reid's playbook
4 - Probably the most talented offense in the league
=
Best QB in the league right now and it's really not even close.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, at least we're not overreacting.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Well, at least we're not overreacting.
Well, it's a large enough sample size now to make a pretty good call that as of RIGHT NOW he's playing the best. It could change, but the games he's played in this year he's been lights out.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not going to say Vick isn't playing extremely well right now but can we wait to annoint him until he plays a real defense? He's gone against the 18th, 21st, 28th, and 32nd ranked D's. I haven't seen such a collective hard on here from a 4 game stretch since who knows when.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm not going to say Vick isn't playing extremely well right now but can we wait to annoint him until he plays a real defense? He's gone against the 18th, 21st, 28th, and 32nd ranked D's. I haven't seen such a collective hard on here from a 4 game stretch since who knows when.
He also played one of the top 3 defenses in the league in Green Bay and played lights out; nearly leading a comeback from a big deficit. And that Washington D is definitely top 15, despite what the YPG numbers may say.

I think it's really more a product of that offensive talent and that he's just a good fit for that system. I thought he looked beyond awful last year but it's hard to argue with his play right now..about 1,110 yards passing, 10 passing TDs, 0 ints, 60ish% + 210 yards rushing and 4 TDs in 4 full games.

Despite how you may feel about their Ds, wins over Indy and Washington look good on his resume for the year.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
He also played one of the top 3 defenses in the league in Green Bay and played lights out; nearly leading a comeback from a big deficit. And that Washington D is definitely top 15, despite what the YPG numbers may say.

I think it's really more a product of that offensive talent and that he's just a good fit for that system. I thought he looked beyond awful last year but it's hard to argue with his play right now..about 1,110 yards passing, 10 passing TDs, 0 ints, 60ish% + 210 yards rushing and 4 TDs in 4 full games.

Despite how you may feel about their Ds, wins over Indy and Washington look good on his resume for the year.
I'm as happy for Vick as anyone, but I think there needs to be something said about his performance against the Packers. It was impressive, no doubt, but I doubt there's a single defense in the NFL that could stop Mike Vick with absolutely zero warning. They likely spent all week preparing for Kevin Kolb, and when you replace Kolb with the exact opposite of him, that gameplan goes out the window.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-16-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really intrigued to see how Vick finishes the season. The schedule isn't prohibitively difficult down the stretch, but there's a few games that should challenge him.

I love it when Vick is playing well, he's one of the most exciting players in NFL history. That said, if you asked me who I wanted to quarterback the Raiders right now, I'd say Phillip Rivers and never ever look back.