Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bottom line, Vick is the most exciting player in football. He can throw an 80 yard td or run for an 80 td in any given game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:35 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Well, at least we're not overreacting.
We could go back to talking about how "******* amazing" Colt McCoy is with his 2 TDs and 2 INTs in 4 games.

Simply said, Michael Vick is the ************* man. I'd give anything to have him back in the ATL.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:43 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would you trade Matty Ice for him?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:24 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would, I wouldn't.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was one of the most dominant performances we've seen in years.

Vick is a monster. He is built to run that offense. Just makes you wonder how great he could have been if he had the proper management/coaching around him from the beginning of his career.

He was supposed to redefine the qb position the way LT changed the LB position, but it never happened.

Maybe its not too late.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:58 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it was necessarily the mismanagement alone. Yes, the coaches allowed Vick to play even though he wasn't working as hard as he needed to. The guy was so gifted, he was winning games without putting the work in. He wasn't ready to prepare like he needed to to get things done. Had he never been caught dog fighting, Vick might have never become what he has apparently become this season. He needed this catastrophic incident to mature him and get him in the mindset where he could accept coaching and be willing to put in the work.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Would you trade Matty Ice for him?

Every ******* time.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
We could go back to talking about how "******* amazing" Colt McCoy is with his 2 TDs and 2 INTs in 4 games.

Simply said, Michael Vick is the ************* man. I'd give anything to have him back in the ATL.
Half of the stuff in that thread is said in jest and you know it. "He's the best QB in the league and it's not even close". You kidding me? With the way Peyton and Brady are playing, it isn't even close? You all can have Michael Vick, i'll take Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Half of the stuff in that thread is said in jest and you know it. "He's the best QB in the league and it's not even close". You kidding me? With the way Peyton and Brady are playing, it isn't even close? You all can have Michael Vick, i'll take Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.
Mike Vick is undefeated in games that he starts and completed and hasn't turned the ball over. Suck on that, haters!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Mike Vick is undefeated in games that he starts and completed and hasn't turned the ball over. Suck on that, haters!
Are the dogs considered haters?
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You could easily make the argument that he's playing better then those 2 QB's this year alone. But I'd still gladly take Vick. While his passing may not have advanced to the level of those two in the pocket, looking at how good he's been, no INT's, and the rushing threat, nothing wrong with opting to go with Vick.

I mean there are still alot of games to be played, but he's played like the best QB this season whenever he has been on the field all around.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick is playing amazingly well right now, but a lot of that is the talent around him and the gameplan. The Eagles have a very deep and flexible set of weapons, from Jackson and Maclin to McCoy out of the backfield and 3/4 wide sets with Avant and Cooper. Not to mention the threat of Brent Celek down the seam. Reid/Marty have done a very good job of late putting those weapons in a position to be explosive. Credit has to go there. Put Manning and Brady in those gameplans with those weapons, and I could envision similar passing numbers.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Are the dogs considered haters?
Dilemma time. Whenever I watch a sports game and get very excited over a play, my dog tends to go batshit crazy. He'll jump up and down and bark at me non-stop and wants to play. Should I feel bad that he was celebrating with me as Mike Vick ran a train on the Redskins?
Old 11-17-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Dilemma time. Whenever I watch a sports game and get very excited over a play, my dog tends to go batshit crazy. He'll jump up and down and bark at me non-stop and wants to play. Should I feel bad that he was celebrating with me as Mike Vick ran a train on the Redskins?
Wait until he gets out of the $20 million hole he's in and gets a $100 million contract from the Eagles and can get his operation going again lol
Old 11-17-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Vick did outplay Peyton when they played each other, I'm just saying
Old 11-17-2010, 01:50 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Vick is 0-2 against the Browns who play in the Dawg Pound? Karma?
Old 11-17-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Yeah let's throw out Super Bowl wins and a decade of superior performance for 6 games.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Yeah let's throw out Super Bowl wins and a decade of superior performance for 6 games.
Do you want to argue this season or not? Because I don't think one person is gonna tell you Vick has had a better career then Peyton, so I'm not sure how any of this is relevant.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Do you want to argue this season or not? Because I don't think one person is gonna tell you Vick has had a better career then Peyton, so I'm not sure how any of this is relevant.
Well obviously. But no one can seriously say they'd rather have Vick than Peyton or Brady going foward. Both have legit HOF track records. Where Vick has, again, 6 games.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Is it really close at this point? You can make easily make arguments for preferring those two throughout the remainder of the season/in the playoffs, but as of right now, Michael's on a different planet.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Nikolas
Rookie

Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick won't win MVP. They'll give him "Comeback Player of the Year" instead.
Nikolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Peyton got carried to his superbowl win(don't bring up regular season number from that season) and gave away the ball in last years superbowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Vick is 0-2 against the Browns who play in the Dawg Pound? Karma?
That's the old Mike Vick
Old 11-17-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Is it really close at this point? You can make easily make arguments for preferring those two throughout the remainder of the season/in the playoffs, but as of right now, Michael's on a different planet.
By "at this point" do you mean after Monday's game? Cause that's really why you're saying he's the best right now, cause he had an amazing game on a Redskins team that's fielding Albert Haynesworth's carcass and 9 other dopes (Osackpo is the man) that packed it in five minutes into the first quarter. Are we forgetting that Peyton Manning looks about as good as we've ever seen him, playing with a bunch of garbage on offense? This is Peyton Manning here, quite possibly the greatest quarterback in the history of the game, playing as good as we've seen him. And Michael Vick is "by far" better than him? I call BS. It's great and all that Vick has made it back, and he finally got his head out of his ass, but show me you can stay healthy and do it for a full season, before i start calling him the greatest quarterback in the league by a wide margin.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well obviously. But no one can seriously say they'd rather have Vick than Peyton or Brady going foward. Both have legit HOF track records. Where Vick has, again, 6 games.
No one is saying that Vick has been a better QB or is going to be a better QB in the future than either of those 2 but the guy is playing out of his ******* mind. When he does that, Vick is the scariest and most explosive player in football and you see games like he had on monday night. He can go from 0 to 4 touchdowns before you even blink. RIGHT NOW i cant name many guys that i would take over him, if any.

The guy has become a pass first QB for the first time in his career and that is what is making him so successful right now. Hes running once he has made his progressions and nothing is there. While he was in ATL if his first read was covered he'd just say **** it and pull it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
The guy has become a pass first QB for the first time in his career and that is what is making him so successful right now. Hes running once he has made his progressions and nothing is there. While he was in ATL if his first read was covered he'd just say **** it and pull it down.
What do you mean? He's the same QB that he was in ATL, remember?