Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-26-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nexus 4, you mean. It just came out at the end of last year.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Nexus 4, you mean. It just came out at the end of last year.
No there are rumors the 5 will be out this year running Key Lime Pie

How near? I'll be locked in for 2 years regardless. I'm looking for a cheaper plan than what Verizon and att gives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Now...I'd say T-mobile...in the near future I'd say Sprint.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh WTF. Samsung has been riding the S3 as their flagship forever. Google's already jumping to the 5? After all the sourcing problems with the 4? Dammit.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-26-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
No there are rumors the 5 will be out this year running Key Lime Pie

How near? I'll be locked in for 2 years regardless. I'm looking for a cheaper plan than what Verizon and att gives.
In the upcoming months Sprint's LTE network should be expanded dramatically. There are already spots here in LA that have it. I think the Nexus 5 will be out in the late half of the year so the network should be solid by then but definately within the 2 years.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:33 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh WTF. Samsung has been riding the S3 as their flagship forever. Google's already jumping to the 5? After all the sourcing problems with the 4? Dammit.
The 5 is supposed to have Motorola as the manufacturer. Google owns motorola Mobility so they should have a better ability to make the appropriate amount rather than work through a third party like LG with the current Nexus 4. I can't imagine they will let the 4 happen like that again. I wonder if they will do pre-orders this time. I would doubt it but who knows.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:39 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
The 5 is supposed to have Motorola as the manufacturer. Google owns motorola Mobility so they should have a better ability to make the appropriate amount rather than work through a third party like LG with the current Nexus 4. I can't imagine they will let the 4 happen like that again. I wonder if they will do pre-orders this time. I would doubt it but who knows.
In doing some research it appears that if a 5 comes out so soon it'll be competitive with the Samsung Note. I'm not interested in trying to cram a mini-tablet into my pocket so whatever, this is fine. My Nexus 4 has been great.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-27-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm due for an upgrade on my phone contract in April and I'm wondering what people think of the Galaxy S3. I've been doing some research and came to the conclusion I'm either getting this or the new Galaxy S4 when it comes out. If people who have it seem to have little complaints with the S3, I'm just going to get that instead of waiting a little longer and paying extra for the S4 (I'd be able to get the S3 for free). So basically, I'm asking people who have or know about them to tell me about things like durability/software and whatnot. I know that the battery life will be ****, but I'm used to that with my phone now. I'm more interested in finding out if I have to worry about breaking it at all and if its going to continue to run smoothly and not turn into a glitchy slug like most of my other phones have ended up doing.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:00 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts on Metro PCS? I have ATT right now and with a 2 year contract and phone cost I'm paying 2359.99.

With Metro PCS I'd pay outright for the phone (499) but only paying 40 a month I'd actually save 900.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:40 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

What network does Metro PCS use?

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-05-2013, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
What network does Metro PCS use?
I think T-mobile
Old 03-05-2013, 07:48 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

You would be doing something similar to what I do. I have T-Mobile monthly 4G. Unlimited data, only 100 minutes but I don't do that much talking on the phone. $30/month. I had to buy my phone outright but it was only $350 (Nexus 4) so overall I'm saving quite a bit.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-05-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
You would be doing something similar to what I do. I have T-Mobile monthly 4G. Unlimited data, only 100 minutes but I don't do that much talking on the phone. $30/month. I had to buy my phone outright but it was only $350 (Nexus 4) so overall I'm saving quite a bit.
So you bought your phone from Google and just walked into tmobile and got service?
Old 03-05-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
So you bought your phone from Google and just walked into tmobile and got service?
I didn't even walk in, I did it all online. They sent me a sim card in the mail.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-05-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
I didn't even walk in, I did it all online. They sent me a sim card in the mail.
The reason I ask is tmobile is selling the 4 for 549 no contact. But 50 with one.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
The reason I ask is tmobile is selling the 4 for 549 no contact. But 50 with one.
Well then TMobile are a bunch of crooks and you shouldn't buy it from them.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-05-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I'm due for an upgrade on my phone contract in April and I'm wondering what people think of the Galaxy S3. I've been doing some research and came to the conclusion I'm either getting this or the new Galaxy S4 when it comes out. If people who have it seem to have little complaints with the S3, I'm just going to get that instead of waiting a little longer and paying extra for the S4 (I'd be able to get the S3 for free). So basically, I'm asking people who have or know about them to tell me about things like durability/software and whatnot. I know that the battery life will be ****, but I'm used to that with my phone now. I'm more interested in finding out if I have to worry about breaking it at all and if its going to continue to run smoothly and not turn into a glitchy slug like most of my other phones have ended up doing.
I got my brother an S3. Definitely a nice phone. I ended up getting the LG Optimus G though and it's by far the nicest phone I've ever owned or played with.
It's the big brother to the Nexus 4 but with an LG UI. LG's UI is the most customizable interface I've ever seen.
It's like having a rooted phone... but not.

I'm on sprint and JB is rolling out as we speak so I'm definitely excited.
Held off on rooting since the phone is damn near perfect as is with ICS.
Soon I'll have Google Now and Project Butter and it'll be ... more perfect?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Buy it straight from google.

https://play.google.com/store/device...d=nexus_4_16gb

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Anyone know when 4.2 is hitting the S2?
Old 03-11-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well im thinking of ditching my iphone of almost 3 years for either the htc one or s4 when they come out thoughts?
TitansCJftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I like the one
Old 03-14-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woooo S4 unveiling. Can't wait!!!

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't get my tickets to Google I/O :(
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

They show was a little tacky and what not. Could have been better but my God. That phone looks like such a beast. Samsung Galaxy S4...DO WANT!!! If it costs anywhere near the same as the Note 2 or cheaper I'm definitely getting it.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 03-14-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so now you gotta dance with your phone to use it or open up emails???

#iphone2013 #iphoneout #flashmob
Old 03-15-2013, 07:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#iphonein2013