Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-11-2013, 08:21 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Then go to your "exclusive" thread?
Old 09-11-2013, 08:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's nothing to talk about there.

"Hey guys, is your iPhones working like a dream?"

"Yup"

That's pretty much all there is to say in there.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:31 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know what my favorite part of the iPad is?

ALL OF IT.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:33 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's nothing to talk about because the iPhone never has anything new. Why? Because Apple spends more money applying and reapplying for patents and legal fees than they do on R&D.

Oh, and I work with 3 people that currently have problems with their iPhone. And that's 3 out of the 4 people I know that own an iPhone. But whatever, keep spending more money on a product that does less because it "always works."
Old 09-11-2013, 08:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Mine is purring like a kitten bro.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think the best part about all of this is how android fan boys are just as terrible as apple fan boys, but they fail to realize it.

#iPhoneAllDayUrrDay
Old 09-11-2013, 08:38 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think the best part about all of this is how android fan boys are just as terrible as apple fan boys, but they fail to realize it.

#iPhoneAllDayUrrDay
Dude... I used to work at Best Buy in a management position. The store was across the street from a mall with an Apple store and I promise you your comparison is far from valid.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

It's absolutely valid.

Choosing sides is just stupid. You don't have to hate Android bc you have an iPhone, and hate the iPhone bc you have an Android.

But you see a lot of that.

And if you dislike one phone over another bc of the "type" of people who have it, then you're a gigantic asshat bc you care more about perception and stereotypes than the actual phone itself.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:48 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate apple because they are a terrible company and I refuse to support them.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I never claimed to hate the phone because of the people.

But Apple fan boys are seriously worse than almost everything else. I would rather sit in a room for 10 hours and listen to Xbox and Playstation fanboys bicker back and forth than deal with real Apple fanboys.

With that said true Apple Fanboys are only slightly better than people from New Jersey... and I think most of that state should be neutered or nuked.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 09-11-2013 at 08:54 AM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Bro, Apple fan boys are so much fun to mess with bc of how incredibly stupid they are. Embrace it.

That and our phones are awesome.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:48 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so Galaxy S4, HTC One or Nexus 4?

or should I just wait until spring

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:44 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Its killing me to Fenikz. I really want the Nexus 5 but there is little more than rumor out there at this point.

So if you are looking now HTC One. If you can wait... Nexus 5.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:28 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
meh, s4 > htc one.
They are essentially the same phone though and I love the design of the One.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:42 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i just hate sense. i'm also just being a jerk this week.
Touch wiz isn't good either... But no matter what I got (besides a Nexus) it would be rooted upon opening the box.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a big fan of Sense either. Touchwiz isn't the best thing in the world either, but it doesn't get in the way like Sense does.

Anyway, I would go with a Galaxy S 4. The HTC One is a really nice looking design, but the lack of expandable storage and user replaceable battery just kind of ruin it for me.

Also; have you guys seen this?

Not quite Android, but it's an interesting idea nonetheless. The design is pretty ugly looking, which would be a huge turnoff for a lot of people....but I think there's a legitimate market for this. Especially if they manage to beat the traditional model on cost to performance.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-12-2013 at 12:35 PM.
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've had terrible luck with HTC. I had three of those things crap out on me within a year (none of them were my fault. I did drop another one and crack the screen -- that one was my fault). I'll probably never buy another HTC phone.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm not a big fan of Sense either. Touchwiz isn't the best thing in the world either, but it doesn't get in the way like Sense does.

Anyway, I would go with a Galaxy S 4. The HTC One is a really nice looking design, but the lack of expandable storage and user replaceable battery just kind of ruin it for me.

Also; have you guys seen this?

Not quite Android, but it's an interesting idea nonetheless. The design is pretty ugly looking, which would be a huge turnoff for a lot of people....but I think there's a legitimate market for this. Especially if they manage to beat the traditional model on cost to performance.
The design can be improved rather easily I'd imagine. You don't need all the blocks to be so large.

It's a great idea, and I'd love it but I doubt it happens because I'd imagine phone companies would lose money doing this.

Unless a failing business like Blackberry decides to try something like this in an attempt to save themselves, but they probably don't even have the capital to put into the R&D program required to make it.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as marketing goes, I could see the lego phone being popular with high school kids who want to show off their individuality or some crap.

I really like the idea, personally.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'd love to build a custom phone. That would be amazing. The problem is it's incredibly difficult as a company to make money just off of hardware.

This is like the phone version of when people used to build their own desktops in the mid 90s to early 2000s.

There could be an underground market for the tech nerds but it won't become mainstream I would imagine.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
meh, i like the idea, but i don't see it. enough people are ok with buying phones with zero replaceable parts (any of the phones where you can't even change the battery) for a massive premium. i don't see those people caring about anything from that commercial. which is unfortunate, because i really like the idea.
I'm not so sure. I agree that the vast majority of the market will always buy whatever the latest offering from Samsung or Apple is, but I think there's a number of kids growing up these days that are into phones and tablets the same way a lot of us are into computers.

I think this sort of thing could appeal to that kind of crowd, in addition to people who are more tech savvy. It's hardly a massive market, but the PC building scene/market is still alive in spite of it's relative small size. This sort of thing could have even broader appeal if they do it right. They seem to be angling it more as a solution to waste(which is true), but I think that's where it's real impact could be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'd love to build a custom phone. That would be amazing. The problem is it's incredibly difficult as a company to make money just off of hardware.

This is like the phone version of when people used to build their own desktops in the mid 90s to early 2000s.

There could be an underground market for the tech nerds but it won't become mainstream I would imagine.
Thing is, people still build their own PC's. Companies still make money off of that market, even if it's a niche thing. This is even less niche.

It's not like it would have to fend for itself anyway. You wouldn't have to make specific components only for a custom phone. The same processor you're selling to Samsung could be sold to the general public for a greater margin.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-12-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Thing is, people still build their own PC's. Companies still make money off of that market, even if it's a niche thing. This is even less niche.
This is true. A friend of mine had me build a PC for him just last week. I wouldn't try to build a viable business out of it, but there is still a market for that sort of thing. It's what keeps New Egg in business.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not an Android but are any of the Windows phones worth looking into, never seen one in person

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Not an Android but are any of the Windows phones worth looking into, never seen one in person
The Nokia one with the camera is supposedly kind of cool. Don't know a ton about it though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-13-2013, 08:16 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I contemplated grabbing one just to mess with as the tile format seems pretty nice. I know someone created a launcher for Android that does the same thing but alas I am not a launcher fan.