Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-11-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean...you could just use the speedometer on your car..
Old 10-11-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lmao.

There's also an app for radio!
Old 10-11-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im just saying asswipes theres a lot of useful apps that can work with a car!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So just a battery update.

My GNex would make it a maybe to 3 before being dead.

The Note 3 has been off the charger for 14 hours and I am at 48% battery remaining.

Win
Old 10-11-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly think I'm a battery killer. I can never get my S4's battery to last that long. But I do use like 4 apps at time. Music, texting, web, tapatalk, youtube.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I finally got the Note 3, been a long wait upgrading from the Galaxy S2. I ordered it though so it should be here Friday but really pumped! From what I've read, big selling points are battery life(over 15 hours of HD movie play-back), the RAM that has 3GB and 32GB internal, and the screen display is supposed to be a huge upgrade over what's available now. Processor tested out really fast with download and upload speeds, so it'll be a nice change of pace.

I bought a pair of the beats by dre earbuds that you can talk with so I'll use that instead of a bluetooth, and don't know that I'll use the S-Pen, but everything else has me really excited. Seems like legit upgrades from the S4 and Note 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:28 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Note 3 comes in tomorrow. I'm excited. I'm for sure snagging the ZeroLemon extended battery when it come out next month and go full brick phone. 10000mAh gets me going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:12 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
My Note 3 comes in tomorrow. I'm excited. I'm for sure snagging the ZeroLemon extended battery when it come out next month and go full brick phone. 10000mAh gets me going.
Yeah 3200 got me through the day yesterday... I can't comprehend why go 10,000 and make your phone 2x-3x as thick.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
the s-pen is honestly surprising useful. i don't use it often, but there are some times it's really a fantastic tool.
For what? Picking your nose? Playing Draw Something?
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Action Notes and the App in a window feature with it are probably what I would say are the most useful.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apple hired Burberry's CEO. Get scared.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Apple hired Burberry's CEO. Get scared.
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34061

In actual Android news Sony's SmartWatch 2 is fully released. Expect the above hiring to signal Apple pushing forward quickly to market and sell an "iWatch" with inferior hardware tagging along with the slick design and marketing.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...then they'll sue everyone for using numbers to tell time.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I swear to god iPhone's are complete ******* trash. Just like my last one it keeps freezing up on me and having HUGE stutters whenever I'm texting or just using my phone in general. Makes texting hard as ****.

A brand new phone too. Hahaha. I ******* hate these pieces of ****.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I swear to god iPhone's are complete ******* trash. Just like my last one it keeps freezing up on me and having HUGE stutters whenever I'm texting or just using my phone in general. Makes texting hard as ****.

I keep telling people, when things go wrong you need to realize it's douchebag tax for getting an Iphone. If any of you did your research, you wouldn't be surprised.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

My sister (bless her heart) and family are more devout to Apple than the Pope is to Catholicism yet she is always bitching. I will never understand how Droid can produce a much better product that more people use, yet almost everything is developed for IPhone first despite being the inferior technology in just about every way.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Honestly, it's because Apple is AMAZING at marketing their products. That one of their key principles is making it look "cool" and flashy. People love that. I take no qualms with Apple because they do what they do well: cater to looks and market their products damn well. They have arguably one of the best marketing teams in business. Up there with Nike.

It's how you get people SO entrenched in Apple products and will defend it to the death (BBD) for no other reason than it being Apple.

A few of my co-workers are like this. They ***** and moan about all the issues they have with their iPads/iBooks/iPhones and then when I say why not switch they get all self-righteous and defensive. "APPLE IS ******' GREAT MAN! IT'S SO SIMPLE AND JUST WORKS!!!" Despite them moments before complaining it wasn't working.

Apple has almost created this devout mindset. It's pretty amazing. If my laptop doesn't work an one of my co-worker sees it, "LOL, OMG BRO, SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN AN IBOOK."

If their stuff doesn't work, "JUST ****** LUCK, BRO. NOT APPLES FAULT!"
Old 10-15-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is a very interesting study in corporate brainwashing. I'd love to know what sort of subliminal messages they hide in their advertising to get that sort of blind loyalty to bad products.

The only Apple product in my house is my wife's IPod Nano and it beyond frustrating to work and load music on to.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:

I love how you keep trashing your iPhone for not working but make every excuse in the book for your nexus being a piece of ****.

Keep being an Android fanboy Forenci.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
My sister (bless her heart) and family are more devout to Apple than the Pope is to Catholicism yet she is always bitching. I will never understand how Droid can produce a much better product that more people use, yet almost everything is developed for IPhone first despite being the inferior technology in just about every way.
It is easier to develop for iOS because it is a closed system. If it works on one iPhone/iPad it works on them all. Android's problem is fragmentation. It takes a lot more owrk to develop apps that will work on all the different variations of Android OS and then you throw in the multitude of screen sizes and resolutions. The latter was I believe addressed by Honeycomb (maybe ICS?) which was supposed to allow developers to create apps that would dynamically adjust to screen size and resolution.

I own a GS4 so I'm an Android guy, but that is the trade off.

Last edited by TimmG6376 : 10-15-2013 at 02:30 PM.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

And I never had any of the problems Forenci talks about.

I text faster on my iPhone than I did with the swype keyboard on my Droid. The autocorrect is great. The swype would F up on the regluar. To be fair, I would swipe fast and the key with swyping is the slower you do it, the faster you text, so take it for what it's worth.

But I definitely text faster on my iPhone.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

When are they revealing the Nexus 5 again?

That's probably my next phone, unless I suck it up and pay the 650 for an iPhone when I switch to TMobile. But if the Nexus 5 can match the iPhone I'm probably going Nexus.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Honestly, it's because Apple is AMAZING at marketing their products. That one of their key principles is making it look "cool" and flashy. People love that. I take no qualms with Apple because they do what they do well: cater to looks and market their products damn well. They have arguably one of the best marketing teams in business. Up there with Nike.

It's how you get people SO entrenched in Apple products and will defend it to the death (BBD) for no other reason than it being Apple.

A few of my co-workers are like this. They ***** and moan about all the issues they have with their iPads/iBooks/iPhones and then when I say why not switch they get all self-righteous and defensive. "APPLE IS ******' GREAT MAN! IT'S SO SIMPLE AND JUST WORKS!!!" Despite them moments before complaining it wasn't working.

Apple has almost created this devout mindset. It's pretty amazing. If my laptop doesn't work an one of my co-worker sees it, "LOL, OMG BRO, SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN AN IBOOK."

If their stuff doesn't work, "JUST ****** LUCK, BRO. NOT APPLES FAULT!"
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I honestly think Android fanboys have become worse than Apple fanboys. Because Android fanboys don't realize they're fanboys.

I think if you ask a legit Apple fanboy, I think he realizes he's a fanboy. But Android fanboys will hate Apple fanboys for being a certain way, then turn around and do the same exact **** with Android and act like they're somehow different.

Just do this, and see if I'm lying. Go to youtube, and look up any Apple product review. Then read the comments section. You'll see it littered with Android fanboys complaining about how it sucks and how Android is so great.

Now go to an Android product review. And read the comments. You won't even see half of the hatred. Bc Apple fanboys really don't give a ****.

It's almost like Android fanboys have such a deep inferiority complex that they feel the need to lash out whenever they can. It's kinda sad actually. Apple fanboys don't really give a **** what Android is doing. But it's the opposite for Android fanboys.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're clearly late to the game with this Apple stuff. Apple cultist had a reputation as being among the worst consumer groups in all of tech before smartphones were even a thing.

Personally, I try not to pay attention to bored 13 year old's making Youtube and blog comments about anything, let alone tech. You'll find plenty of inane bile on both sides. Buy what suites your needs and don't obsess over other people's opinions. Most of them aren't thought out whatsoever.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote