Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-30-2014, 03:07 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I'm do for an upgrade, I have the Droid RAZR currently. My only major issue is that it can sometimes get bogged down if I try to run more than one or two things at a time. Suggestions for what to get? Not looking to break the bank.
Get the S5 or Droid Maxx. I have a droid maxx and it has been great. 48 hour battery life which is insane.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone here play Brave Frontier?

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:05 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally upgraded my ROM on my g2 to cm 11, liking it so far and the battery life IMO is even slightly better now

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Danishfalcon
Rookie

Danishfalcon hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
Finally upgraded my ROM on my g2 to cm 11, liking it so far and the battery life IMO is even slightly better now
I recently installed CM11 on my S3 because the crappy Samsung software was getting slow. Now it's sensationally fast. No lag what-so-ever!
Danishfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:12 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

indeed, LG isn't even that bad with bloatware but the improvement was great, I can only imagine how much better a Samsung must feel with it

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:13 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought one of the Pebble smart watches and I love it so far. I've had it for about a month now and it's helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the Mother's Day deal, I decided to get the S5. So far it's pretty sweet.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I plan on buying the new android WeatIt sportswatch when it comes out. Looks pretty sweet. Just wish it had a release date on it already.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, how many times did you have to reboot your phones this week?

5?

8?

Hang in there brehs.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:14 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking at the m8, but I like the size of my s3. Why do phones keep getting bigger?
Old 05-19-2014, 09:26 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

5?

8?

Hang in there brehs.

sneaky 10 char

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:22 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

5?

8?

Hang in there brehs.
0. Come on man. Enjoy your simple phone somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:21 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

what do you think about swift, jjb? i meant to ask earlier, but forgot.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It probably sucks.

iOS 8 though.... 8=========D
Old 07-13-2014, 01:52 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have never regretted getting anything as much as I have the LG G3. It's absolutely awful. I used my girlfriend's upgrade to get it because she wanted my Nexus 5. That just proves she's far smarter than I will ever be.

So yeah, that one is going back to the store quickly.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a really nice looking phone but....lg

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't super concerned about that after my experience with the Nexus 5. QHD on a 5.5 inch screen is overkill, but I enjoy overkill.

The issue is the sharpening. LG, in their infinite wisdom, decided it would be a good idea to apply a craptastic sharpening filter to certain pages. It's not on everything, but it looks like a crappy TV with the sharpness slider turned all the way up to max when it does show up. Text has a halo effect around it that makes it hard to read.

The vertical lines of the digitizier are viable in certain lighting situations as well. It's especially apparent in direct sunlight, since the phone really doesn't get all that bright. You can see slight vertical lines on white backgrounds. It's not as much of a detriment as the ******-tier sharpening filter is, but it's still unacceptable in 2014 with a flagship pricetag.

Looking into the HTC One M8 now...anyone have any experience with that one?

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 07-13-2014, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

The htc one m8 is beautiful aesthetically. I've never used it.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 07-13-2014, 02:54 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

The front facing speakers are appealing to me as well.

Don't want to admit it, but the S5 may be in the running as well. I really don't want to buy another Samsung phone, but the OLED screen is sort of a big deal to me. The colors are exaggerated, but it still looks better than everything else on the market for me.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 07-13-2014, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I've kinda fallen off the Samsung bandwagon as well but until someone makes a good competitor for the Note...I'll stick with my Note 3.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 07-14-2014, 08:04 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Android sucks.

Can't wait for the iPhone 6 to come out.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:18 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Samsung >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Apple

When is the next Note due out?
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:38 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Samsung >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Apple

When is the next Note due out?
That's the one I should probably just suck it up and wait for.

Not sure that's a realistic option for me though. The G3 is going back after I'm off work today no matter what.

Probably just going M8. If I hate it, I'll just buy a Nexus 6 whenever that rolls out. An unlocked M7 still gets about $300 on eBay, so that would cover the lion's share of the cost.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 07-14-2014, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I may wanna jump on the note 4 but I'll have to see if it's worth it. I doubt it though.. the 4 probably won't be much better than my 3 but who knows.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 07-14-2014, 01:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If you're not gonna get the Nexus don't even waste your time with any other crap that Android comes out with.

My brother's S3 is complete garbage now, and the gf's S4 is starting to crap out too. She's making the switch to the iPhone after getting fed up with Android too.

So is he. I'm looking forward to the iPhone 6, but I hate that they made the phone bigger. I don't like big phones, I thought the 5 was a good size for a phone.