Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-17-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Kenny Tate, S, Maryland

Is this safety the next physical specimen from Maryland? 6'4 220, runs like a WR, and a former Basketball recruit.

I've admittedly not seen much of Maryland this year, but Tate is draft eligible, and appears to be having a good season. Whats his stock looking like? Id love to hear what you guys think of him.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't heard any noise about him even considering declaring so he probably will go back to school especially since things are turning for the program, he is a massive sleeper though with his skill set. Funny thing though but if DHB, Oquendo, and Smith hand't been there he probably would have been a college wideout. With that said he has taken massive strides this year as a safety. He along with USC transfer Antwine Perez have been a pretty lethal safety duo. Tools wise he is unmatched by almost anyone. He's a legit 6-4" probably 225ish, and he does run like a wideout. The Terps really kind of use him like how Sean Taylor was used. He'll play deep safety, he'll rush the passer on 3rd down sometimes even with his hand in the dirt, and he will also play as a linebacker in the box. He is near the top of the nation in tackles, and has forced 4 fumbles as well as getting 2 INT's one to the house. IMO he has potential to be a flat out stud. He's huge, has range, and is a hard hitter. For him everything is about getting more experience as a safety. The position is pretty new to him and at times he seems to be thinking too much instead of reacting. With that said with this fairly weak safety class even if he were to declare this year I'd have no problem with taking him the late first purely on skill set and athletic ability. I don't think he realizes how good he can be.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's on my radar for sure. He is so unbelievably fluid for his size and is the type that will probably test well too. He's got a rare combination of size and speed and his skillset is pretty broad too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Major sleeper from UMD, but not for long.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.underscore could make a wolverine purr.

For a guy who only went to MD because they promised him he'd be a WR, he's turning into a fine safety prospect.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still wonder how good of a WR he could have been.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's a better prospect than Wujciak
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I still wonder how good of a WR he could have been.
I wished he would have went to PSU. He would have been a stud WR for us.

Anyways, off topic somewhat, what is the word on Torey Smith? Is he leaning towards coming out or staying in? I think he'll be a better pro than DHB.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I've heard him talk about how he thinks he's raised his stock a ton this year, of course though nothing definitive. I agree that Smith is better than DHB, except 2 things, he's 2 or 3 inches shorter, and most likely doesn't run a 40 like DHB. Also sucks for him but DHB probably affects his draft stock and holds teams back from drafting him early purely based on that. Still though he's electric both as a receiver and returner, and is so much more polished than DHB. I think he's a 3rd or 4th rounder if he declares, but has stud potential. I see him as a similar prospect as Brandon Tate without the injury concerns and inability to work out for teams.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
REDSKINSWARRIOR82
Rookie

REDSKINSWARRIOR82 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Kenny is a monster, seriously i am a Huge Redskins fan and i have watched Sean Taylor play for about 3 years at Miami and 4 Years with the Redskins. and Tate is not as good as Sean Taylor, But he is the closest person just in skill set ,size , speed, Aggressiveness, Tate will hit a 4000 truck if it went over the middle please just watch the highlight from the Fsu game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyM7E31Csac

he leads the ACC in tackles by a DB, with something like 85 , he has 3 ints this season, 3.5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, he has one int for a touch down, He should have 2 ints for Td he just dropped one vs UVA.

6'4 224 pounds sun 4.46 speed. HE IS A MONSTER, the way he is playing right now, please please show me a safety in the nation playing at an NFL like TAte is. HE IS AN NFL player in college. men among boys.

Last edited by REDSKINSWARRIOR82 : 11-21-2010 at 05:49 PM.
REDSKINSWARRIOR82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tate never ran better than a 4.5 at DeMatha. I doubt he's a sub 4.5 guy now, not that it's a huge difference since Tate moves so well in the defensive backfield.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
REDSKINSWARRIOR82
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Tate never ran better than a 4.5 at DeMatha. I doubt he's a sub 4.5 guy now, not that it's a huge difference since Tate moves so well in the defensive backfield.
TRUST ME Tate runs a run 4.5 speed. he gets to wideouts on deep balls before Maryland's corners, and out corners are all sub 4.5.

Maryland is known for getting very raw athletes and turning them into flat out monsters. Vernon Davis came to Maryland, 6,3 225 running a 4.55

and went to the combine at 6'3 255 ran a 4.38/40 fastest time for a Te ever.

if Tate goes to the combine,i think he test out of the charts. 6'4 225 4.49/40 40 inch vert ( he was also a basketball star in high school)
Old 11-22-2010, 08:20 AM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I played against Kenny in High School, and I played with Maryland CB Cameron Chism.

Tate played FS and WR in high school at DeMatha, so he has experience playing Safety before he got to Maryland. He was also an all-conference basketball player.

His potential is off the charts.

JaxJag_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:44 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I've heard him talk about how he thinks he's raised his stock a ton this year, of course though nothing definitive. I agree that Smith is better than DHB, except 2 things, he's 2 or 3 inches shorter, and most likely doesn't run a 40 like DHB. Also sucks for him but DHB probably affects his draft stock and holds teams back from drafting him early purely based on that. Still though he's electric both as a receiver and returner, and is so much more polished than DHB. I think he's a 3rd or 4th rounder if he declares, but has stud potential. I see him as a similar prospect as Brandon Tate without the injury concerns and inability to work out for teams.
I dunno. I think your going to see Torrey run in the high 4.3s. The kid is a blazer but he runs good routes and has great hands too. At MD DHB was listed at 6'2, 206 and Smith is listed at 6'1 200 so their size is actually pretty close. I agree that DHB will hurt his stock but I do think Smith is the better more rounded prospect. I think he stays for another year with Danny and could move himself into the late first or early second round next year. This years WR class is probably too crowded at the top. Smith already has as many catches as DHB had at MD, more touchdowns, and almost identical yardage with 2 games left this year and Smith hardly played his freshman year.

As for Tate he is the best player on the Terps and if he stays, which I think he does, he should be a front runner next year for the Thorpe award.

Last edited by DiG : 11-22-2010 at 11:35 AM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:33 AM    (permalink
REDSKINSWARRIOR82
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
I dunno. I think your going to see Torrey run in the high 4.3s. The kid is a blazer but he runs good routes and has great hands too. At MD DHB was listed at 6'2, 206 and Smith is listed at 6'1 200 so their size is actually pretty close. I agree that DHB will hurt his stock but I do think Smith is the better more rounded prospect. I think he stays for another year with Danny and could move himself into the late first or early second round next year. This years WR class is probably too crowded at the top. Smith already has as many catches as DHB had at MD, more touchdowns, and almost identical yardage with 2 games left this year and Smith hardly played his freshman year.

As for Tate he is the best player on the Terps and if he says, which I think he does, he should be a front runner next year for the Thorpe award.
About Tate did you mean to say if Tate coming back in 2011? i hope he does.

and i think Torrey is a better route runner and better thans than DHB
Old 11-22-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
REDSKINSWARRIOR82
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxJag_1 View Post
I played against Kenny in High School, and I played with Maryland CB Cameron Chism.

Tate played FS and WR in high school at DeMatha, so he has experience playing Safety before he got to Maryland. He was also an all-conference basketball player.

His potential is off the charts.
Oh ok cool cool but yeah he still awesome whether he played in HS or not.
Man i think if he Stayed At Wideout he would be like a very good Wideout too , the guy is just an unbelievable athlete.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he stays another year. He will Chad Jones type guy lots of upside, and wll be drafted mid rounds 3-4 range
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kenny Tate or Robert Sands? Who ya got?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Maryland is conducting experiments on players.

From Campbell, to Merriman, to Gaither, to Davis, how do they keep producing such freaks?

Last edited by Black Bolt : 11-22-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
For me Tate has a far superior understanding of the position and comfort in coverage. Both are freaks though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
From Campbell, to Merriman, to Gaither, to Davis, how do they keep producing such freaks?
Obviously Merriman was on roids but I think the Maryland freak list is a combination of them recruiting athletes above talent and their insane strength and conditioning program. I mean Campbell and Gaither were already 6-8"ish 280+ when they were in high school. VD you could tell had the frame to get much bigger. Top to bottom one of the best Strength and Conditioning programs out there. Their former kicker a couple years ago Dan Ennis was 155 pounds and could bench 315. He was recruited though because of his athleticism as he was never a kicker in high school, he was an all state track performer and soccer player.

Old 11-22-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kenny Tate for sure. I'm biased as a Maryland fan and as someone that knew Kenny Tate when he was 15, but Tate has the range in coverage that Sands doesn't.

JaxJag_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just checked and was surprised to see how productive he's been this season.

88 tackles, 3 INT's, 8 TFL's, 3.5 sacks and 4 FF.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is he related to Brandon Tate?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
REDSKINSWARRIOR82
Rookie

Quote:
Is he related to Brandon Tate?
no they just have the same last name.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
goldenbear.cal
Rookie

goldenbear.cal could make a wolverine purr.goldenbear.cal could make a wolverine purr.goldenbear.cal could make a wolverine purr.goldenbear.cal could make a wolverine purr.goldenbear.cal could make a wolverine purr.goldenbear.cal could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Don't forget DHB aka Hands of Stone. 6'2 215lbs with sub 4.3 speed. And Dre Moore DT 6'4 305lbs runs sub 4.8.
goldenbear.cal is offline   Reply With Quote