Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Best Team in Each Conference

Which teams are the best in the NFC and the AFC. Here's my top 5 right now for each. Just thought we could get some talk in the NFL Forum other than Peyton vs. Brady, Josh Freeman MVPzzz, and the awesomeness of Michael Vick.

NFC:
1. Philadelphia Eagles
2. Atlanta Falcons
3. New Orleans Saints
4. New York Giants
5. Green Bay Packers

AFC:
1. New England Patriots
2. Pittsburgh Steelers
3. Baltimore Ravens
4. New York Jets
5. Indianapolis Colts

I think the Eagles may be the team to beat in the NFL right now. I'll hold my judgement until after the Giants game, but if Vick tears it up again it would further prove that this team could be a possible Super Bowl contender.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5th best in the NFC? I think we're better than the Falcons and Saints.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
The Falcons might be the best team in the NFL right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would royally suck if the Giants collect another QB's head... Run for your life Vick.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers are lucky to be in the NFC North.. fifth is about right for them.

I think Atlanta has done more, against higher caliber opponents, than the Eagles have.

I want to see Vick do this against a legitimate defense before I believe. We've seen him go dominant for stretches before, but he has never sustained it. I want to see how he handles a real pass rush and hits, things he struggled with in Atlanta. The Eagles face the best pass rushers in the league to finish off the season.

Last edited by Shiver : 11-17-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Until the Falcons show that they can consistently win on the road it is absurd to call them the best team in the NFL
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh please dont jump on the pats wagon yet... :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Packers are lucky to be in the NFC North.. fifth is about right for them.

I think Atlanta has done more, against higher caliber opponents than the Eagles have.
Didn't the Eagles beat the Falcons without Vick?

Edit-sorry for the double post
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The only one I really considered putting you over is the NYG. Those two I think you can swip-swap. We will see Week 12 when the Packers are at Atlanta.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Until the Falcons show that they can consistently win on the road it is absurd to call them the best team in the NFL
They beat the defending Super Bowl champs on the road and just knocked off a strong AFC representative and Super Bowl contender in Baltimore pretty handily. Moreover, they have the best record in the NFL and if that continues, they won't need to show they can win on the road. They will have homefield advantage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Quote:
Didn't the Eagles beat the Falcons without Vick?

Edit-sorry for the double post
Yep. We played pretty trash that game. We made Kolb look like a mixture of Johnny Unitas and Joe Montana. If we end up with the better record going into the playoffs though, good luck beating us in the Dome. As for your on the road comment, true we haven't been great, but we did beat the Saints at their place.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
NFC:
1. Philadelphia Eagles
2. Atlanta Falcons
3. New Orleans Saints
4. New York Giants
5. Green Bay Packers

AFC:
1. New England Patriots
2. Pittsburgh Steelers
3. Baltimore Ravens
4. New York Jets
5. Indianapolis Colts
NFC
1. Falcons
2. Packers
3. Eagles
4. Giants
5. Saints

AFC
1. Ravens
2. Steelers
3. Patriots
4. Colts
5. Jets

IMO.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This sentiment has been floating around lately and I don't really understand it. I guess they are 7-2 (looks better than the 6-3s) and they just beat a 6-2... but I don't see them as the best right now at all.

Their defense is average, and at times weak (BAL final drive, CIN game, vs Kevin Kolb). Their offense is good, but the run game isn't dominant as it once was, and you'd have to expect that teams are going to make guys other than Roddy White beat them in the coming weeks...

I think PHI, NYG, GB, and if they ever get on the same page (maybe Bush will help the offense) NO are all better.

And to put the close BAL win in perspective (besides the non-call on White) - I think PIT (Batch started), NYJ (Week 1 with no Holmes, rusty Revis, team just gelling, etc.), NE, IND, and gulp, SD are all better than BAL + it was in the Georgia Dome.

So I'm not ready to buy ATL as the best in the NFC. I think it's Philly, but we haven't heard the last from GB yet.

As for the AFC, it's probably the Jets. When their offense plays halfway decent they're almost unbeatable.

But it doesn't matter who everyone thinks are the best two teams right now (although last year at this time it was clearly Colts and Saints.

So right now, Jets and Eagles. But...

I like San Diego to get hot and represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.
In the NFC, I think Vick goes into Atlanta, wins the NFC Championship game, and Philly represents the NFC.

Last edited by gpngc : 11-17-2010 at 11:55 PM.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:52 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers remaining schedule:
@Minn
@Atlanta
vs.SF
@Detroit
@NE
vs.NYG
vs.Chi

Not very easy.

2-1 vs NFC East thus far.
2-1 vs AFC/AFC East thus far.
2-1 vs. NFC North far.

I think you're overrating how 'lucky' we are to be in the NFC North. The Bears and Lions play everyone tough, who saw this Vikings season coming? What division do you want us to be in? We'd have a .667 winning percentage, like we do now. Even then, the Bears beat us on a game winning FG after we 'commit' 18 penalties. The loss to the Redskins? Clay
Matthews doesn't play the whole game and Mason Crosby hits the upright with one second left in regulation. We haven't been outplayed this season. Not in my eyes. We've had the lead in every game and the ones we lost, we lost on a FG, twice in OT. I'm not crowning GB by any means but 5th best in the NFC seems a bit underrated to me.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:04 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC
1. Giants - Eli to 3 stud WRs; Great run game; sick pass rush
2. Packers - sick pass rush; Laser accurate Rogers and stud WR corps; great defense
3. Falcons - Ryan and White dynamite; Turner the burner; Abraham
4. Eagles - Vick and his young weapons of mass destruction; not sure about the defense
5. Saints - Brees and that passing offense; not sure about the defense

AFC
1. Patriots - Brady; Belichick
2. Steelers - Sick pass rush and run defense; Great QB and running game; average corners, IMO
3. Jets - sick pass defense; great run game; very talented WRs; above avg. QB play
4. Ravens - Flacco to Boldin and Heap; Rice; Ray and Reed
5. Colts - Manning to all those underrated WRs; terrible run game

JMHO

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:48 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Dating back to our losses in 2009 and into this current season, Green Bay's average margin of defeat is 5.75, with the worse lose by 12. Just a fun fact. So, take Green Bay with the points if you ever have the chance and tease it just for a guaranteed buck if you're a betting man.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

I think the winner of the Giants-Eagles game on Sunday night will determine the best team in the NFC.

Remember that the Eagles destroyed the Falcons earlier this year, so they're probably already better than the Falcons on a man-to-man basis, however the Falcons do have a nice home field advantage if it comes down to that in the playoffs.

The only other teams I can see challenging the winner of the Giants-Eagles game are the Packers and the Saints, but both of these teams have issues with injuries this year. However, I won't count them out because their QBs are both elite and their defenses can play very well on any given day.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:11 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They beat the defending Super Bowl champs on the road and just knocked off a strong AFC representative and Super Bowl contender in Baltimore pretty handily. Moreover, they have the best record in the NFL and if that continues, they won't need to show they can win on the road. They will have homefield advantage.
AZ beat the superbowl champs

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dating back to our losses in 2009 and into this current season, Green Bay's average margin of defeat is 5.75, with the worse lose by 12. Just a fun fact. So, take Green Bay with the points if you ever have the chance and tease it just for a guaranteed buck if you're a betting man.
People don't realize how good this Packer's defense is. It's an elite defense. Last year elite QBs tore us apart.. but guess what, elite QBs tear people apart.

Last time I checked we were leading the league in Points Allowed Per Game, Sacks, in the top 5 for takeaways, and top 15 in YPG (a deceptive stat.) We also have the only shutout this year.. and it's over a 7-2 team.

Pack has won 3 in a row and is T-2nd best record in the NFC. 2-5 is a preference thing but you can make as good a case for GB as any of the other teams.

We play the Giants and Falcons and have already beaten the Eagles, so by the end of the year it'll be pretty clear where we stand.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:35 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Are you implying the Jets are the NFL's best team? They're 5-0 on the road, yet 2-2 at home. Or do they have to show that they can consistently win at home? Although the Jets past two games have gone to overtime against former doormats, their two losses are two Baltimore and Green Bay, by a combined 10 points (Lost by 1 to Baltimore).

Old 11-18-2010, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Are you implying the Jets are the NFL's best team? They're 5-0 on the road, yet 2-2 at home. Or do they have to show that they can consistently win at home? Although the Jets past two games have gone to overtime against former doormats, their two losses are two Baltimore and Green Bay, by a combined 10 points (Lost by 1 to Baltimore).
I'm not really sure if you can use a shutout in the "but they barely lost" category. :p

Old 11-18-2010, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
NFC
1. Falcons
2. Packers
3. Eagles
4. Giants
5. Saints

AFC
1. Ravens
2. Steelers
3. Patriots
4. Colts
5. Jets

IMO.
While I did say not to jump on the bandwagon, I will say putting two teams the Pats beat ahead of them is a little silly. At this point I'd have the Jets first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:24 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The giants are really banged up right now and if we can keep injuries from taking us out of it I think the Giants will be the NFC rep. The defense is the most dominant in the league when healthy and attacking. Offensively the passing game is really studly and Ahmad's a beast but the OL needs to get healthy just to be solid.

All of that said I'm much more comfortable after that Dallas loss. This team needs people to doubt them and we were getting too complacent even if we came out with a more passive game plan to shield our defenders from injury and our blitzes from getting too much tape on them.

Philly's playing really well but that D is still a work in progress and offensively you have to wonder how long Vick and that OL will hold up.

The Falcons look like they'll snag homefield advantage and it's really tough to beat that team in a Dome. Still think that they're not ready for a major playoff run and they'll get knocked off before the NFC title game, but I do think they'll end up with the NFC's best record.

The Saints just don't have the same mojo going for them so while I think they'll be in the playoffs and maybe even snag a wildcard win, I don't expect them to make it deep.

Finally The packers. I still think that secondary is beatable and Rodgers has made a lot of people on this board's statistical predictions for him look silly which has proved that he is in fact, at least partially mortal.

WCR:
Eagles beat Saints, Bears or Bucs
I actually have a better feeling about the Bears and Bucs than the Saints just in terms of luck and building second half momentum, but I do expect it to be the Saints. In any event if Vick is healthy, which he would need to be for the Iggles to take the division like I have them, I think they beat any of those 3.

Giants beat Seahawks or Rams
I fully expect it to be the Hawks, but I'm rooting for Spags and the Rams. Seattle's got a really strong home field advantage but any team that comes out of that division is going to get stomped in the Wildcard round.

DR:
Giants beat Falcons
If both teams are healthy the giants have the better defense and quarterback to decide this match up. I like Ryan a lot and he reminds me of Eli, but I think with Eli being better and having to do it against a lesser D with comparable weapons we'd pull it out if healthy.

Packers beat Iggles
I think Clay Matthews and Co. would be able to slow down the Vickster enough for Rodgers to beat up on that Iggles secondary. This will be so much fun to watch, but in the end I have Rodgers ending Vick's fairytale.

NFCCG:
Giants beat Packers
I just think the giants have the better D and running game while Eli and Rodgers is a lot closer than anyone would admit during the summer. Rodgers may put up bigger numbers, but at the end of the game I think Eli has a better chance of picking apart the Packers secondary than Rodgers does against the giants secondary, especially since our pass rush is so much more diversified and spread around making it harder for Rodgers and the OL to just key in one guy like we will have to do to try and slow down Clay Matthews.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 11-18-2010 at 02:36 AM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:25 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC
1 Atlanta Falcons
2 Philadelphia Eagles
3 New York Giants
4 Green Bay Packers
5 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

AFC
1 Pittsburgh Steelers
2 New England Patriots
3 Baltimore Ravens
4 Indianapolis Colts
5 New York Jets

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:46 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
The giants are really banged up right now and if we can keep injuries from taking us out of it I think the Giants will be the NFC rep. The defense is the most dominant in the league when healthy and attacking. Offensively the passing game is really studly and Ahmad's a beast but the OL needs to get healthy just to be solid.

All of that said I'm much more comfortable after that Dallas loss. This team needs people to doubt them and we were getting too complacent even if we came out with a more passive game plan to shield our defenders from injury and our blitzes from getting too much tape on them.

Philly's playing really well but that D is still a work in progress and offensively you have to wonder how long Vick and that OL will hold up.

The Falcons look like they'll snag homefield advantage and it's really tough to beat that team in a Dome. Still think that they're not ready for a major playoff run and they'll get knocked off before the NFC title game, but I do think they'll end up with the NFC's best record.

The Saints just don't have the same mojo going for them so while I think they'll be in the playoffs and maybe even snag a wildcard win, I don't expect them to make it deep.

Finally The packers. I still think that secondary is beatable and Rodgers has made a lot of people on this board's statistical predictions for him look silly which has proved that he is in fact, at least partially mortal.

WCR:
Eagles beat Saints, Bears or Bucs
I actually have a better feeling about the Bears and Bucs than the Saints just in terms of luck and building second half momentum, but I do expect it to be the Saints. In any event if Vick is healthy, which he would need to be for the Iggles to take the division like I have them, I think they beat any of those 3.

Giants beat Seahawks or Rams
I fully expect it to be the Hawks, but I'm rooting for Spags and the Rams. Seattle's got a really strong home field advantage but any team that comes out of that division is going to get stomped in the Wildcard round.

DR:
Giants beat Falcons
If both teams are healthy the giants have the better defense and quarterback to decide this match up. I like Ryan a lot and he reminds me of Eli, but I think with Eli being better and having to do it against a lesser D with comparable weapons we'd pull it out if healthy.

Packers beat Iggles
I think Clay Matthews and Co. would be able to slow down the Vickster enough for Rodgers to beat up on that Iggles secondary. This will be so much fun to watch, but in the end I have Rodgers ending Vick's fairytale.

NFCCG:
Giants beat Packers
I just think the giants have the better D and running game while Eli and Rodgers is a lot closer than anyone would admit during the summer. Rodgers may put up bigger numbers, but at the end of the game I think Eli has a better chance of picking apart the Packers secondary than Rodgers does against the giants secondary, especially since our pass rush is so much more diversified and spread around making it harder for Rodgers and the OL to just key in one guy like we will have to do to try and slow down Clay Matthews.
Great post!

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote