Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-26-2010, 08:57 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2010-11 Big East Thread

Let's go boys and girls, there are plenty of us Big East fans here, so let's get some discussions going! I'm pumped for this season, and believe Rutgers actually has a shot at taking the BE crown this year (although next year is probably more likely, as we're an extremely young team). Savage to Sanu will make you all cry. But let's get some real discussions going, let's talk pre-season all big east teams, ask questions (and answer them) about other BE teams. This year, I don't know much about the other Big East teams, I'll be honest, except I know Tom Savage is probably the best (and he is the most experienced QB) in the league and that I'm terrified of Dion Lewis...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:18 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dion Lewis is gonna stud it up and other than the ACC I will watch some big east football. Be prepared for that North Carolina game Scotty you might be turning the tv off a little early.

:D
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:30 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Dion Lewis is gonna stud it up and other than the ACC I will watch some big east football. Be prepared for that North Carolina game Scotty you might be turning the tv off a little early.

:D
oh, it will be you turning off your TV!
you bet your ass I'll be there! season tickets baby! Oh god, I'm pumped for that game, a little scared it's so early in the season, but oh well. YOU'RE GOING DOWN!
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:39 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
oh, it will be you turning off your TV!
you bet your ass I'll be there! season tickets baby! Oh god, I'm pumped for that game, a little scared it's so early in the season, but oh well. YOU'RE GOING DOWN!
Ha! Id be so pissed especially if we beat LSU and then lose to you bums. Na but honestly you guys as a football team are usually very disciplined and can usually play stout defense so I mean if we win by 3 idc I just want a win. Who on Rutgers can handle the legend of Greg Little?!
Go Amare.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:53 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Ha! Id be so pissed especially if we beat LSU and then lose to you bums. Na but honestly you guys as a football team are usually very disciplined and can usually play stout defense so I mean if we win by 3 idc I just want a win. Who on Rutgers can handle the legend of Greg Little?!
on D I think we should be fine. Little's very good haha, but I think our young talent might be able to handle him. we're just such a young team, but I trust in Greg defensively. I'm just VERY worried with a brand new OL against that UNC D...turnovers could kill us. If we get flustered, and Savage becomes a sitting duck back there, we've got 0 chance. But again, we've been one of the best teams in turnover differential, so we'll see what happens. It should be a good game
Quote:
Old 07-26-2010, 10:46 AM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Savage, Sanu and Martinek can handle our D. However, it's gonna be a hell of a game.

While it's the Big East thread, keep an eye on USF RSSo. kicker Maikon Bonani. He's my man.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:30 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

i love how this turned into the RU-UNC game thread haha.

i'm not worried one big about our studs and skill position players, I'm worried 100% by our OL. that's what scares me the most. Savage with time, and Sanu will be fine. time is the biggie here, time for Martinek to find holes, how quickly Williams can get outside and time for Savage to throw.
Quote:
Old 07-27-2010, 08:46 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i love how this turned into the RU-UNC game thread haha.

i'm not worried one big about our studs and skill position players, I'm worried 100% by our OL. that's what scares me the most. Savage with time, and Sanu will be fine. time is the biggie here, time for Martinek to find holes, how quickly Williams can get outside and time for Savage to throw.
Lol what do you expect me and RC represent as best as we can! O yeah and nobody watches the Big East in football...

Our line is still questionable too but seems like it will be ok from what I have been hearing.. Is Martinek that white RB who bulldozes people?

On another note Pittsburgh is the front runner for the title there and if I have a dark horse it is probably USF?
Go Amare.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:58 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

i wouldn't exactly say bulldozes, but yea, he's our white back. I want him to go pro so Rutgers is the only school to ever produce 2 white RB's. We've gone some young speedsters, mainly De'antawn "the rocket" Williams, who I LOVE.

and yea, I'd have to say Pit is the front runner right now, but to be honest, I'd say Rutgers is more a darkhorse than USF. I don't know much about them, but we embarassed them last year and I was not impressed at all really.
Quote:
Old 07-27-2010, 09:17 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who are some of the players you expect to break-out for your respective team?

For Pittsburgh, I predict...

QB - Tino Sunseri
RB - Ray Graham
WR - Devin Street
OG - Chris Jacobson
LB - Dan Mason
CB - Antwuan Reed
S - Jarred Holley
Old 07-27-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Collaros and B.J. Daniels are the 2 other young very good QB's in the conference.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:53 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Collaros and B.J. Daniels are the 2 other young very good QB's in the conference.
And most national media predict they are the #1 and #2 QBs respectively. I expect Savage and Sunseri to shine.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
And most national media predict they are the #1 and #2 QBs respectively. I expect Savage and Sunseri to shine.
Savage and Daniels put up very similar passing numbers except Daniels can run so he beat him in that department. I'm biased but I really do think Savage is the best and will be the best pro prospect by far.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-27-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait to watch guys like Baldwin, Lewis & Savage.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:29 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tavon Austin for WVU.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pitt is definitely the team to beat. I think they have the best shot to win the conference with Cinci and WVU right behind them. I like Rutgers but I agree they are probably a year away, they can still play a major role as a potential spoiler.

Guys I like to break out for WVU, Pat Miller, CB, Bradley Starks, WR, Julian Miller, DE, Tavon Austin, RB.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who's ranked number 1 again?

:D:D:D
Old 07-28-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best kicker in the world will lead USF to the Big East title.

<3

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/colle...icle810933.ece
Hell of a story.

Last edited by RealityCheck : 07-28-2010 at 10:18 AM.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kwilk did you see IMAC is going to be wearing #5? I kind of wish they retired his number since he was probably the greatest WVU player ever but I think it would be cool if they kinda made that the famous number for special players now. Hopefully he can do the number proud like Pat did.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Kwilk did you see IMAC is going to be wearing #5? I kind of wish they retired his number since he was probably the greatest WVU player ever but I think it would be cool if they kinda made that the famous number for special players now. Hopefully he can do the number proud like Pat did.
me to, but i think they are gonna be using it as a special number from now on

loved jojck and jt thomas' comments at media day; great to have our swag back

and wvu should be favored over pitt; we return 18 starters (10 on defense)

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<333333 Jon Baldwin
Old 08-07-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Alot of info regarding Pitt, from Dave Wannstedt's Training Camp opening press-conference...

http://www.pittsburghpanthers.com/sp...080610aab.html
Old 08-07-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Do you Pitt fans really feel confident that you're going to roll through the Big East this year? I think you were a unanimous vote by the coaches to win the Big East but while you're good I can see you stumbling. The BE is always up for grabs so I think it'll be interesting this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-07-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who's gonna start at QB for Pitt?