Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Calvin Johnson for Frank Gore, no thanks.

umm yes please, we slot anyone in the backfield and they'd be productive (to some extent) and Alex has a new life partner

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:08 AM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NO, I think I would keep Lee Evans considering the dude is a stud and no one in the draft has proven jack yet....If anyone is willing to give up their teams best player for # 1 then you shouldn't be a GM or your team really stinks
gonzo1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Bigbadbob72
Rookie

Bigbadbob72 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would give up winlsow or Braylon or Sean Jones or someone else to get #1 and #3. That way we could get AP and CJ or BQ. WE could fix alot of holes.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well... as a Jets fan, it's hard. We have no 1 big named top of the line player. Who is our best player? The young and talented (but still learning the 3-4) former defensive rookie of the year Jon Vilma? The should-be pro bowler and former All-Rookie team Safety Kerry Rhodes? The top 10 in the NFL over the past 3 years DE Shaun Ellis? The top 10 QB when healthy, but oft injured Chad Pennington? The recently traded for RB Thomas Jones? Last year's late 1st round pick Nick Mangold? Last year's early first round pick D'Brickashaw Ferguson, who is more talented than Nick Mangold, but was outperformed this year? The tenacious and speedy WR Laveranues Coles?

Depends on which one you'd choose. I'd keep D'Brick, Mangold, Vilma, and Ellis. The others I would trade.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:19 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3 View Post
If you traded Dansby for the #1 overall pick and drafted Calvin Johnson, you would have the sickest WR core ever.

Then you would have the #5 overall pick. Trade down with that pick to around #20 and draft Dwayne Jarrett and would pick up a lot of day one picks with that trade. You spend the rest of the picks on Oline and you would produce the most dominant offense ever.
Matt Millen is that really you?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Beautiful Mind

Drew Brees for the #1? Nah... Drews in his prime. Deuce for the #1? Sure.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:46 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'd be tough with the Seahawks. Factoring in that we could trade the pick, grab someone like Thomas, Branch, Adams, or even Landry, and have a multitude of other picks or players, that'd be very tough to pass up, especially with Walter slowly going on the decline. It'd scrap the Super Bowl hopes for the year most likely, but looking towards the future, I don't know.

As for the Jets, considering their best player is Vilma, I'd do it. I love the guy, but he realistically isn't the greatest fit for the 3-4 and with CJ there, I'd have to do it.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:47 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would say our best player is Morrison (maybe Burgess) and while he'd be a tough player to lose, it would be a no brainer to trade him for the #1 (or in our case #2 pick). We could always get Patrick Willis in a trade down but the likely scenario is we get Russell and CJ, which is a great foundation to set for an offense. That could be an incredible QB-WR combo.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A punter for the first overall pick
hmmm...
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens best player is prolly 1 of Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Chris McAlister, or Jonathan Ogden so lets go player by player

Ed Reed.....no
Ray Lewis....no
Chris McAlister....no
Jonathan Ogden....I'd trade him for Calvin Johnson

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Vick? No. He's a 27-year QB, with as much physical talent as anyone in this draft class. He still has time to harness his abilities, on a consistent basis. If he can do so, under the tutelage of Bobby Petrino, and Hue Jackson, watch out.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Mind View Post
Drew Brees for the #1? Nah... Drews in his prime. Deuce for the #1? Sure.
Please. I wouldn't trade Deuce for the #1 pick either.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Please. I wouldn't trade Deuce for the #1 pick either.
omg ! deuce is our best (all around ) player , i wouldnt give him up for three consecutive first overall selections.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan View Post
umm yes please, we slot anyone in the backfield and they'd be productive (to some extent) and Alex has a new life partner
Frank Gore and his 25 -30 Carries > Calvin Johnson and his 5- 6 Catches

And for your information we are not the Denver Broncos, we can't just slot anyone in the backfield.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade Hutchinson Maybe
Trade K.Williams No

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanSaint View Post
omg ! deuce is our best (all around ) player , i wouldnt give him up for three consecutive first overall selections.
This is why you will never be involved with any coaching/managing of any football team ever.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

burgess for teh number one pick... wait we already have the number one pick :)

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Hmm would I trade Lee Evans or Aaron Schobel for CJ? Possibly...maybe even probably.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

yaa id trade our best player for CJ...but id have to have something like a conditional clause, if CJ doesnt put up the numbers i want then i get vilma or rhodes back...so most definately not, i'll never trade a known great player in the NFL for a NFL prospect no matter how much of a sure thing he seems

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Newman/Ware ain't goin' anywhere
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:40 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kellen Winslow Jr. for #1 pick...

NOPE.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:41 AM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would keep Clinton Portis or Sean Taylor.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no unless I can convine someone that Ryan Sims is our best player lol.LJ, CJ and Gonzo that would be sick
Old 03-22-2007, 11:12 AM    (permalink
aheineken
Veteran

aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.

Torry Holt for Calvin Johnson. You know what? I would probably do it. Holt is on the wrong side of 30, and has 4-5 good years left at best, and CJ has the potential to be even better than Holt. So yeah, I'd do it.
Southern Miss Golden Eagles
aheineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
KBear
All-Pro

KBear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would rather trade for multiple first round picks or a first rounder and plus a slew a picks. I would rather have the isurance of having a more picks that at least a few of them will pan out, then paying a bunch of gauranteed money to an uproven player.