Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: What game will be the best game of the week?
Patriots @ Lions 11 11.11%
Saints @ Cowboys 8 8.08%
Packers @ Falcons 27 27.27%
Eagles @ Bears 7 7.07%
Bucs @ Ravens 9 9.09%
Chargers @ Colts 25 25.25%
Steelers @ Bills 2 2.02%
Jags @ Giants 3 3.03%
Chiefs @ Seahawks 7 7.07%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 12 Discussion Thread - Thanksgiving Week

Thursday
Patriots @ Lions, 11:30
Saints @ Cowboys, 3:15
Bengals @ Jets, 7:20

Sunday
Noon:
Jaguars @ Giants
Panthers @ Browns
7-3 Packers @ 8-2 Falcons
Steelers @ Bills
Titans @ Oilers
Vikings @ Redskins

Afternoon:
Chiefs @ Seahawks
Dolphins @ Raiders
7-3 Eagles @ 7-3 Bears
Rams @ Broncos
7-3 Bucs @ 7-3 Ravens

Primetime:
5-5 Chargers @ 6-4 Colts

Monday
49ers @ Cardinals

All times CST

A few huge games in the NFC with the (current #2-seed) Eagles at the (current #3-seed) Bears.

And the current #1-seed Falcons hosting the (current #6a-seed) Packers (Packers are this close to being the #2 seed).
The (current #6b-seed) Buccaneers travel to the Ravens in a legit test for Josh Freeman's Bucs.

Fox has the double-header with most of the country getting the Green Bay @ Atlanta game and then the Eagles @ Bears game. It's a shame we won't get to see Tampa Bay at Baltimore because much of the country has yet to see these new & improved Bucs.

ESPN with the two 3-7 crappy NFC West teams on Monday Night Football?
I bet their sponsors are already asking for 75% of their money back.

Will San Francisco get on the board this week?
Old 11-23-2010, 12:01 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Packers-Falcons is the game. Could very well be a NFC Championship preview????? AND WHY MUST U HATE ON THE NFC WEST! It gave the NFC North a lot of wins last season and is being very coopertive with the NFC South this year. Thank God we play the just as incompetent AFC West in the AFC, or 5-11 might win our division....
Old 11-23-2010, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great early game, GO PACK GO. And then Freeman vs Flacco!!
Old 11-23-2010, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only games this week are Bears-Iggles and Pack-Birds. Everything else is ZzzZzZZzZZ.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:06 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bucs/Ravens and Chargers/Colts are good ones too.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would thought the Bucs would have a better record than the Colts heading into week 12?

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:36 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
Who would thought the Bucs would have a better record than the Colts heading into week 12?
Nobody.
Good question.

I think that Chiefs-Seattle game might be a fun one to watch, with some offensive fireworks.

I like the Raiders this week, if there are any Kenny Rogers' in the house here.

Raiders 27
Dolphins 9
Old 11-23-2010, 08:44 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bills scare me. The seem to be able to put points up at will once they get down. Plus everyone knows we don't have the best pass defense around. We better blitz the hell out of Fitzpatrick.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Nobody.
Good question.

I think that Chiefs-Seattle game might be a fun one to watch, with some offensive fireworks.

I like the Raiders this week, if there are any Kenny Rogers' in the house here.

Raiders 27
Dolphins 9
Go kill yourself.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:23 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Go kill yourself.
Get your head out of your ass hines. No one gave you the duty of making the weekly discussion thread.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Win a freaking road game Chiefs.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Saints-Cowboys on Thanksgiving is going to be an extremely entertaining game.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:37 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of my other Bears fan associates are less concerned about this matchup than I am.....the Eagles have speed on the outside and the now truly dual-threat that is Vick....Hopefully Marinelli can remember back to his Tampa days to figure out some way to contain them.

It has also been pointed out that our field sucks for speedy teams...hopefully that slows them down a bit. If Vick gets time to throw by our pass rush not getting there or him rolling out, those speedy receivers could gash our secondary something terrible.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
Get your head out of your ass hines. No one gave you the duty of making the weekly discussion thread.
1) I was joking with him. Interwebzz iz serious business!!

2) I do it every week dating back to last season, and most of the season before, so therefore, I basically have the duty to make the weekly discussion thread.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1) I was joking with him. Interwebzz iz serious business!!

2) I do it every week dating back to last season, and most of the season before, so therefore, I basically have the duty to make the weekly discussion thread.
Well you should know you've gotta be quicker than that. Especially when a Packers fan can add a poll where the clear choice is something Packers related for whatever gratification that may bring.

Get your **** together Hines and get the thread up sooner!!! ;p
Old 11-23-2010, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Well you should know you've gotta be quicker than that. Especially when a Packers fan can add a poll where the clear choice is something Packers related for whatever gratification that may bring.

Get your **** together Hines and get the thread up sooner!!! ;p
He made it last night! I usually make mine Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday. It was crazy.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:55 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weekly discussion thread does not have a poll! Make it a longer scroll!

j/k

Excited about actually being invested in one of these Thanksgiving games, but worried about the short week.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A poll makes this thread void.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints @ Dallas.

The Saints had their SB winning train derailed last yr at home, they're hungry for Thxgving dinner vengeance.

Dallas got a 2nd wind under Garrett running the show now, they get back to reality as tough opponents reappear on the schedule.

National audience, lotsa hype & hoopla. Saints with huge advantage at QB, but Dallas comes up big against big opponents, like NO Saints in the Superdome last yr & vs. Indy when the Colts were undefeated a few yrs back. S/B great.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:13 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants' decimated receiving corp against Jacksonville's terrible secondary. Something's gotta give.

Seems like everything is breaking the Jags' way this year. We'll see if they can put a stop to their annual tankjobs down the stretch.

Also, Thanksgiving should be the only Thursday with NFL football. Period. I can handle it on Thanksgiving because it's tradition, but the rest of the Thursday games are awful ******* slopfests because teams only have two days to prepare.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
The Giants' decimated receiving corp against Jacksonville's terrible secondary. Something's gotta give.

Seems like everything is breaking the Jags' way this year. We'll see if they can put a stop to their annual tankjobs down the stretch.

Also, Thanksgiving should be the only Thursday with NFL football. Period. I can handle it on Thanksgiving because it's tradition, but the rest of the Thursday games are awful ******* slopfests because teams only have two days to prepare.
I agree about the Thursday night games. It's very irritating.

As for our game I have no idea what to expect on offense. We're going to throw a lot of different looks and personnel groupings at you I'd think.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:27 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Win a freaking road game Chiefs.
Pretty. Much. This. It's starting to get annoying.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post

The Steelers play Carolina in their Thursday game. I'm not really worried. 1) because they played them in the preseason and 2) it's the Panthers.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
The Steelers play Carolina in their Thursday game. I'm not really worried. 1) because they played them in the preseason and 2) it's the Panthers.
Easiest game on every schedule: The Carolina Panthers.

How did that team even win one game, exactly?
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Easiest game on every schedule: The Carolina Panthers.

How did that team even win one game, exactly?
They played the mismanaged 49ers after they put Matt Moore back in as starter iirc....then he got hurt...then Clausen got hurt.......

IF anyone else loses to them, then that team should feel horrible. Brian St. Pierre? C'mon now...