Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 02-20-2015, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Dangermouse
Rookie

Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default My first mock of 2015 w/trades

Couldn't let us get to the end of the combine without one of what I do best

1. :TB: Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
Winston is the best QB prospect since the Luck/RG3 year. I posted a while back that Johnny Manziel's rookie year would scare teams off this guy, but you compare him to Mariota on the field and it's no contest. In the end for Lovie Smith and his front office, they're more likely to get fired for passing on this guy and watching him wreck the league for someone else than take the chance on him, so this is an easy pick for me.

2. :TEN: Leonard Williams, DT, USC
Tennessee had a miserable year, but Zach Mettenberger actually looked decent in spot duty. At this early stage in the process my guess is they look elsewhere and tab the best player in the draft.

3. :JAX: Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford
If Blake Bortles is going to succeed down in Florida they need to put in place as good a support system as they can. I like their receivers, but Luke Joeckel has struggled at Left Tackle and the former #2 pick might need to move to the right hand side. By drafting Peat they have their bookend tackles to protect their prodigy.

4. :OAK: Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
Just like the Jaguars already did, the Raiders need to support their investment in a QB last year. Derek Carr played very well given the situation, but his weapons could be the worst in the league. Cooper could be a #1 receiver from the word go.

***Washington trades pick #5 to St Louis for pick #10 and their second round pick #42 overall

5. :STL: Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
Oh boy, how delicious would this irony be? Given the recent conflicting reports on Sam Bradford, I have to think they're trying to raise his trade value. I think he could flourish with Bill O'Brien down in Houston. The Redskins, on the other hand, look primed to give RG3 one more shot, so moving back and gaining some more capital is a must for them. Les Snead and Jeff Fisher finally get their hand picked QB and they likely get a 3rd rounder from the Texans for Sam Bradford so it's not like giving away that second rounder majorly compromises their draft.

6. :NYJ: Randy Gregory, OLB, Nebraska
I think Geno Smith is salvageable, and you just know that Todd Bowles wants to build a beast of a defense in NYC. I can't see him passing up on the #1 pass rusher on the board.

7. :CHI: DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville
There is some talk that Brandon Marshall could be a cap casualty. If this does happen they'll need another wideout to pair with Alshon Jeffrey.

8. :ATL: Shane Ray, DE, Missouri
If Thomas Dimitroff wants to keep his job he seriously needs to find some pass rushers. Dan Quinn will get the best out of this speed guy who can man the "elephant" position in their hybrid version of the 4-3

9. :NYG: Landon Collins, S, Alabama
The Giants could lose a couple of safeties in free agency, so it makes sense that they jump on the best safety prospect in the last few years.

10. :WAS: Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa
If RG3 is going to succeed then the Redskins need to give him as good a support system as possible. They can start by adding this Zack Martin clone, who's going to go very early.

11. :MIN: Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma
Cordarelle Pattersson looks like a bust, so it's imperative the Vikings find a true #1 receiver for Teddy Bridgewater. DGB could be a top 3 overall pick if it wasn't for character concerns.

12. :CLE: Kevin White, WR, West Virginia
The run on wideouts continues as the Browns nab a weapon for Johnny Manziel or whoever their QB is.

13. :NO: Dante Fowler Jr, OLB, Florida
You can never have enough pass rushers, so the Saints nab their man to join Junior Gallette terrorising QBs.

14. :MIA: Danny Shelton, DT, Washington
Jared Odrick is a free agent and the Dolphins don't have much else in the trenches. It's not a sexy pick but Shelton can step in and play well from day one.

***San Francisco trade pick 15 to Cleveland for pick 19 and their fourth round pick***
15. :CLE: Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson
The Browns could use a pass rusher and have plenty picks to move up and get their guy. The niners on the other hand love moving back and manipulating the draft. This really makes sense for all parties.

16. :HOU: Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State
Kareem Jackson is a free agent, so it's tough to see the Texans passing up their pick of the litter at the corner position. Waynes has ideal size and excels in press coverage, and with the NFL being such a copycat league people are going to fawn over this guy who fits the mould of a legion of boom player.

17. :SD: TJ Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh
DJ Fluker is purely a right tackle at this stage so San Diego nab Clemmings after a bit of a slide, because he can be their franchise Left Tackle.

***Kansas City trade pick 18 to Carolina for pick 25 and their third round pick***
18. :CAR: Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami
Flowers could be a top 10 pick, so if the Panthers can use their first and third round picks on him then Dave Gettleman and Cam Newton alike will be absolutely delighted.

19. :SF: Owamagbe Odighizuma, DE, UCLA
Justin Smith looks like retiring so the 49ers add a man to their defensive line. Odighizuwa is an underrated player who really stand out when watching UCLA, he could fly up the boards.

20. :PHI: Eddie Goldman, NT, Florida State
The Nose Tackle position looks strong in the 2015 NFL draft, and the Eagles could use some extra help in their front 7.

21. :CIN: Denzel Perryman, LB, Miami
The Bengals have done really well drafting Linebackers recently and Perryman is the kind of player that really stands out on film. He should benefit from the recent success of Chris Borland. This move solidifies the middle and should allow Vontaze Burfict to excel at 4-3 OLB.

22. :PIT: Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest
The Steelers secondary really struggled against Joe Flacco in the playoffs. With Dick Lebeau moving on, rookies should have move of a chance to make day one impact for the Steelers defense. Johnson is another corner with ideal size who could go even earlier.

23. :DET: Malcom Brown, DT, Texas
Even if the Lions find a way to keep Ndamukong Suh, there is a chance that both Nick Fairley and CJ Mosley could be gone, so D-Tackle will be a need one way or the other.

24. :ARI: Eric Kendricks, LB, UCLA
Anything the Cardinals get out of Daryl Washington now has to be considered a bonus, so it makes sense for them to draft a fairly similar LB in Kendricks.

25. :KC: Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State
Kansas City have two wide receivers on their roster. The overpaid, average, Dwayne Bowe, and the unknown Albert Wilson. It would be an upset if anything other than a pass catcher is the Chiefs #1 draft choice.

26. :BAL: Ronald Darby, CB, Florida State
I talked myself out of giving them a running back here, because ultimately I think the running backs get pushed down on draft day. The Ravens secondary was really banged up last year, so I can see them adding another option.

27. :DAL: La'El Collins, OT, LSU
Strange how things evolve over years. In 2011 I took the piss out of people mocking Tyron Smith to the Cowboys because Jerry Jones had never gone OL in the first round. Then he goes and does it 3 times in 4 drafts, and I'm mocking him to make it 4 in 5. Ultimately this pick comes down to what happens in free agency. My guess is Dez Bryant gets franchised and he offers Demarco Murray more money than anyone else does, so Doug Free is the odd man out leaving a hole at the Right Tackle spot.

28. :DEN: Arik Armstead, DE, Oregon
Denver's projected starters at the DE spot are Derek Wolfe and Malik Jackson. Both are in contract seasons and neither has played in a 3-4 before so it projects as a major need for the Broncos.

29. :IND: Markus Golden, LB, Missouri
How many times will we say it, you can never have too many pass rushers? Robert Mathis might well be done coming off an ACL at his age.

30. :GB: Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota
Bit of a luxury taking a tight end in the first, but the Packers are one of the teams that can afford to do that kind of thing.

31. :SEA: Devin Funchess, TE/WR, Michigan
Seattle attempted to acquire Julius Thomas at the trade deadline. Now they probably won't be major players for him in free agency with the Raiders and Jags ready to bring out the blank cheques, but a "move" tight end should be high on their agenda this offseason.

32. :NE: Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia
Finally we get a running back in the first round. Here's the deal, the Patriots proved they can win the superbowl with a first rounder basically on a redshirt year last season, so no reason to believe they can't do that again this year. Nearly every other team will have Melvin Gordon as the top RB, but the Pats will be willing to give the more talented runner time to get healthy. They also need to think about when Brady retires, when they might be forced to go to a more ground orientated game. Belichick isn't afraid to against trends and it wouldn't surprise me if Gurley is just too good for him to pass at 32.
Dangermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 12:32 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KC pick and trade works for me. Should be able to get interior line help with extra pick.
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 11:41 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBam View Post
KC pick and trade works for me. Should be able to get interior line help with extra pick.
I'm half way. They trade back and gain a pick, which is good. Why reach for Strong? This is a deep WR class. Get Antwan Goodley on day 3 and take La'El Collins with this round.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bengals have sucked at drafting Linebackers under Marvin Lewis so I don't know what you are talking about. Most of the Linebackers that the Bengals start and have are undrafted Free Agents.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:58 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
19. :SF: Owamagbe Odighizuma, DE, UCLA
Justin Smith looks like retiring so the 49ers add a man to their defensive line. Odighizuwa is an underrated player who really stand out when watching UCLA, he could fly up the boards.
Tank Carradine was undersized for 5-Tech when they selected him. He weighed 10 lbs more than Odighizuma. i like him but I see him as an edge rusher, NOT as a 5-Tech.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wolfe and Jackson are both well suited to playing DE in a three man front. In fact it may be a more natural position for both of them than anything in a four man front. I dont disagree that another player there is necessary, but it is nowhere near a major need as compared to other positions.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 07:15 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great pick for NO, but after seeing him in action today at the combine, I hope we go with Beasley.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 07:41 PM    (permalink
markulous
Rookie

markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrus Peat? No, no, no. I don't think he's the best tackle available and definitely not the best player there. If Williams is gone, it has to be Fowler or Beasley in my mind.

RT I believe will be addressed in FA. They don't want another rookie on that offense, we're young enough as it is.
markulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:00 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First of all, Marshall wouldn't be a cap casualty for a team with a projected 28-30 million in cap space (even with him and Cutler).

Secondly, why cut Marshall and then draft a WR at 7 because you now need a WR?

Lastly, the Bears are going from a 4-3 defense, to a 3-4 defense. They have finished 31 or 32 in defense in the last 2 years. They weren't good enough in the 4-3. Why would they go anywhere other than defense in the 1st? Ray, Beasley, Shelton, Dupree (who you don't think is a 1st round pick apparently), and Fowler are all on the board. And you pick the 2nd best WR on the board? (White passed him this weekend).
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:27 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolutely horrible pick for the Eagles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote