Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 03-30-2015, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Nas mock 2, 2 rounds

1. Tampa Bay - Jameis Winston,QB,FSU - It is what it is.

2. Tennessee - Marcus Mariota,QB,Oregon - I think he goes here one way or another. If you grade him out anywhere near here, its tough to justfy passing over Zach Mettenberger. Leonard WIlliams is damn good though.

3. Jacksonville - *Trade to Oakland for #4 and a 4th -* - Leonard Williams,DL,USC - I think this is the guy they need where as Jacksonville doesn't have a huge need there with Odrick and Marks around. Williams and Mack makes them instantly respectable defensively and potentially a 2000s Ravens caliber unit long term.

4. Jacksonville(from Oakland) - Vic Beasley,OLB,Clemson - Gus Bradley said he wants to build his team on speed and they have a need for a dynamic pass rusher. This seems like too perfect of a fit.

5. Washington - Brandon Scherff,OL,Iowa - Not exactly sure where he plays, but he's the safest bet at an area of need for the Skins. His pro day was phenomenal and they haven't got their OL right in a while now.

6. New York Jets - Shane Ray,OLB,Missouri - They have a the big,disruptive bodies in the middle and they have the CBs in coverage.They are going to need someone to finish plays and rack up sacks. I think Ray is the most capable of doing that early on and he has nice upside as well.

7. Chicago - *Trade to Cleveland for #12, a 3rd rounder and a future 4th* - Amari Cooper,WR,Alabama - They say Cleveland doesn't value WRs, but I think Cooper is both special and safe as a prospect. He's a difference maker and a great value at 7.

8. Atlanta - Alvin Dupree,OLB,Kentucky - Atlanta has to get a pass rusher here. I think Quinn gambles on the special athlete. Fowler's a low ceiling guy to me and Gregory has to scare you at least a little now.

9. New York Giants - La'el Collins,OL,LSU - A nasty run blocker who's athletic and versatile. Coughlin will figure out where to put him, as his OL needs the influx of talent.

10. St.Louis - Kevin White,WR,WVU - Even though their last WVU WR didn't work out well, White is a different breed. The Rams have lacked a difference maker for a while at WR and they don't have a ton of holes left. White is simply better value than the OL or DBs available here.

11. Minnesota - Jalen Collins,CB,LSU - A surprise as the first CB off the board, but he has a ton of upside and Zimmer has shown he'll take a 1st round CB and develop him for a year or two. I think he makes a star out of Collins.

12. Chicago(from Cle) - Dante Fowler,OLB,Florida - He's a little better value here than where he's often projected IMO. Chicago needs a talented OLB/edge rusher for their new 3-4(and in general), so he should be a relatively easy pick.

13. New Orleans Saints - Randy Gregory,OLB,Nebraska - They take a gamble on a high upside talent here as they really need a pass rusher and general talent on defense.

14. Miami - Marcus Peters,CB,Washington - Best CB in the draft on tape. Yes, there are character risks, but Miami needs early results from this pick and CB is their biggest need IMO.

15. San Francisco - Danny Shelton,DT,Washington - I don't know that NT is an absolute need, but they need a dominant force up front. Their front 7 has taken a big talent hit.

16. Houston - Trae Waynes,CB,MSU - Jonathan Joseph probably doesn't have much time left and they don't have much depth at CB. Waynes is a nice get here

17. San Diego - Todd Gurley,RB,Georgia - SD has a pretty good collection of talent on their roster,but they lack a dominant offensive weapon beyond Rivers and great running game could really put them over the top.

18. Kansas City - Ereck Flowers,OT,Miami - OT may not be the biggest need, but their OL was a disaster last yar and Flowers is the type of big, mean blocker that Reid loves. Might start his career at RG

19. Cleveland - Andrus Peat,OT,Stanford - RT is a bit of a hole and Peat could even take over for Thomas eventually.

20. Philadelphia - Byron Jones,CB,UConn - Kelly loves athlete and Jones has strong tape and character too. He can develop behind their veteran CBs in year one while helping on STs.

21. Cincinatti - Eric Kendricks,LB,UCLA - They need athleticism and coverage skill at LB pretty badly. They've been waiting on a guy like Kenridkcs to fall into their laps

22. Pittsburgh - Kevin Johnson,CB,Wake Forest - They're old and just not very good at CB. Johnson is a stud with his size and change of direction skills.

23. Detroit - TJ Clemmings,OT,Pitt - He might sit a year, but he'll be developed as the future at LT with Reiff becoming a G or RT.

24. Arizona - Malcolm Brown,DT,Texas - With guys like Dockett and Williams gone, its time to restock that DL.

25. Carolina - DJ HUmphries,OT,Florida - They have a devastating need for an OT who can pass block. Hopefully this moves Oher to RT.

26. Baltimore - Dorial Green-Beckham,WR,OKlahoma/Missouri - Ozzie swings for the fences here, as he loves landing star talent in the first round and a big time WR would be a game changer for that offense. DGB has AJ Green like upside if his head is on right.

27. Cowboys - Eddie Goldman,DT,FSU- They need someone in the middle of that D who can push the pocket.

28. Broncos - Cameron Erving,C,FSU - They need OL and C would be a good spot to start. They can move Erving around if needed too though.

29. Indianapolis - Landon Collins,S,Alabama - Landry didn't work out, so they could use a strong safety. Collins is the best of a poor positional group this year.

30. Green Bay - Eli Harold,OLB,Virginia - The search for help opposite Matthews continues on.

31. New Orleans(via Seattle) - Jordan Phillips,NT,Oklahoma - Has the chance to be a dominant force and I"m not liking their current NT situation. Him and Gregory could transform that front 7, though they are taking big risks too.

32. New England - Breshad Perriman,WR,UCF - A dynamic and speedy downfield threat is the one thing this offense doesn't really have. Lafell is on a short term deal, Edelman has concussion issues and Amendola is a short term player for them. Lets see if they can finally develop a WR.

2nd round

33. Tennessee - Duke Johnson,RB,Miami - I think they'll want to run the ball a lot in Mariota's rookie campaign and they could use more speed back there to complement Sankey and Greene. Johnson has Shady Mccoy upside IMO.

34. Tampa Bay - Jake Fisher,OT,Oregon - They haven't been able to solve LT lately and Fisher impressed at the combine enough to make me think he has a chance of playing there. Tape is solid as well.

35. Oakland - Devin Smith,WR,OSU - They have some interesting bigger WRs but they could use a true deep threat. Not sure if Carr get can get him the ball deep,but that's another issue.

36, Jacksonville - Tevin Coleman,RB,Indiana - They need a power option to complement Robinson.

37. New York Jets - Brett Hundley,QB,UCLA - I think he's a bit underrated.Let him sit a year and see what he develops into. You have to gamble on QB talent when you don't have one.

38. Washington - Owamagbe Odighizuwa,DE,UCLA - They need more pass rush and I love this kid's talent. Healthy drops him a bit. I do like Trent Murphy, but not sure he's a 10 sack type.

39. Chicago - Carl Davis,NT,Iowa - NT is a pretty big hole for them right now. I think Davis has a lot of upside.

40. New York Giants - Michael Bennett,DT,OSU - Spags will want more pressure on the QB from the DT spot

41. St.Louis - Sean Mannion,QB,Oregon St. - They said they want to draft a QB and I think Mannion is the sleeper of this class, or the fast riser at the least. Upside might be Foles-esque, but the depth would be nice at the least.

42. Atlanta - Bernardrick Mckinney,LB,Miss St. - He can move around and play a few different roles in that defense.

43. Cleveland - Maxx Williams,TE,Minnesota - Pass catching TE is a big hole for them. I didn't mean for them to go all offense, but that side of the ball has been depleted for years and I'm a believer in Pettine and their current defensive talent.

44. New Orleans - PJ Williams,CB,FSU - Browner was a good start, but they need at least one more CB.

45. Minnesota - Cedric Ogbuehi,OT,TexasA&M - Kalil has been a disaster and they have a deep enough roster to take a depth/development player here IMO.

46. San Francisco - Devin Funchess,WR/TE,MIchigan - Boldin and Davis are both aging and FUnchess helps replace both to a degree.

47. Miami - Preston Smith,DE,Miss St. - Wake is getting up there and Vernon is a bit of a role player. Smith is a complete DE who is a bit underrated by the masses.

48. San Diego - Danielle Hunter,OLB,LSU - SD's defense could definitely stand to add a rangy, athleteic OLB like Hunter.

49. Kansas City - Alex Carter,DB,Stanford - Could end up playing either CB or S for them

50. Buffalo - Laken Tomlinson,G,Duke - Too good to pass here especially since Buffalo's OL isn't very good.

51. Houston - Jaelen Strong,WR,Arizona St. - With Andre gone they could use a replacement big bodied WR.

52. Philadelphia - Sammie Coates,WR,Alabama - They lack a take the top off the defense type WR now and I think Kelly can turn Coates into the kind of blocking WR he likes.

53. Cincinatti - Shaq Thompson,OLB/S,Washington - Adding Thompson and Kendricks to the middle of that defense gives them a different element. Thompson likely plays both S(Taylor Mays role) and some nickel LB when Burflict or Maualuga comes out.

54. Detroit Jay Ajayi,RB,Boise ST.- Versatile, talented RB who will complement Bell well and hopefully give Detroit a running game for once.

55. Arizona - Stephone Anthony,ILB,Clemson - Has some Karlos Dansby in him,who they miss. Could help them with their woes covering TEs.

56. Pittsburgh - Christian Covington,DL,Rice - A riser who I think is great value here. A youthful injection to replace Keisel and more.

57. Carolina - AJ Cann,G,South Carolina - I think it would be pretty smart to double up on OL. Cann is good value here too.

58. Baltimore - Josh Shaw,DB,USC - Impressive workouts to go with good size and versatility. Could play S or CB, both spots where Baltimore needs help.

59. Denver - Paul Dawson,ILB TCU - They're switching to a 3-4 and both Marshall and Trevathan are currently hurt. They need some ILB talent. Dawson wouldn't be here but his character is a question mark.

60. Dallas - Eric Rowe,DB,Utah - Their secondary is solid but has a lot of question marks. Another guy who could play either S or CB, but I see him as a CB in Dallas.

61. Indianapolis - Arie Kouandjio,G,Alabama - OL help is their biggest priority in this draft. I like Kouandjio a little better for them than Jackson.

62. Green Bay - Doran Grant,CB,Ohio St. - They lost some CB depth this offseason. I like Grant over Darby here. I think he's underrated.

63. Seattle - Ali Marpet,OL,Hobart - I think his talent and versatility will intrigue the Seahawks. Could end up anywhere from OT to C for them.

64. New England - David Johnson,Rb,N.Iowa - His athleticism and pass catching skills make him a nice Vereen replacement.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:26 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I highly doubt Newsome makes a "swing for the fences" type of move in the first round. Especially for Green-Beckham. He would fit well but his off-field stuff is something the Ravens will probably shy away from. Baltimore has been pretty cautious with drafting wide receivers too so if they were going to take a big risk early on it's pretty unlikely to come at that position.

Shaw in the second round is a big reach at cornerback or safety. Offseason workouts aren't something that Ozzie seems to get swayed by. I think he projects better to safety, where the Ravens don't really have a need. They already have Hill, Lewis, Elam, Brooks, and Trawick. That's a pretty solid young group and has upside. Brooks is still the future at free safety, but Lewis is a stopgap until he gets healthy.

Last edited by coordinator0 : 03-30-2015 at 04:35 PM.
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:04 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Johnson is a good pick....Covington is a bad one. Tuitt is already in place to replace keisel, they need OLB, not DL.

That being said I could see them double dipping at CB with Rowe or Shaw even if they land johnson in one, they are reportedly in love with Rowe.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 Linebackers are not going to happen for the Bengals. Taylor Mays barely played on defense so they really don't need a another hybrid player.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:40 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
Their front 7 has taken a big talent hit.
Not necessarily.

From 2014

Lost
Ray McDonald
Patrick Willis (started 6 games)
Chris Borland (started 10 games)

Gained
Aldon Smith (missed 10 games)
NaVorro Bowman (missed 2014)
Ian Williams (missed 15 games)
Glenn Dorsey (missed 2014)
Darnell Dockett

and Tank Carradine and Quinton Dial will finally get more time at their appropriate positions.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:39 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't see why the Raiders would trade up 1 spot knowing pretty well that the Jags wont be selecting Williams. One thing Reggie wont do is trade a draft pick.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:13 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Horrible first round pick for the Eagles. Kid isn't a first rounder...second round pick is fine, but Collins or Johnson is likely the pick in the first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1. Tampa Bay - Jameis Winston,QB,FSU - It is what it is.

2. Tennessee - Marcus Mariota,QB,Oregon - I think he goes here one way or another. If you grade him out anywhere near here, its tough to justfy passing over Zach Mettenberger. Leonard WIlliams is damn good though.

3. Jacksonville - *Trade to Oakland for #4 and a 4th -* - Leonard Williams,DL,USC - I think this is the guy they need where as Jacksonville doesn't have a huge need there with Odrick and Marks around. Williams and Mack makes them instantly respectable defensively and potentially a 2000s Ravens caliber unit long term.

4. Jacksonville(from Oakland) - Vic Beasley,OLB,Clemson - Gus Bradley said he wants to build his team on speed and they have a need for a dynamic pass rusher. This seems like too perfect of a fit.

5. Washington - Brandon Scherff,OL,Iowa - Not exactly sure where he plays, but he's the safest bet at an area of need for the Skins. His pro day was phenomenal and they haven't got their OL right in a while now.

6. New York Jets - Shane Ray,OLB,Missouri - They have a the big,disruptive bodies in the middle and they have the CBs in coverage.They are going to need someone to finish plays and rack up sacks. I think Ray is the most capable of doing that early on and he has nice upside as well.

7. Chicago - *Trade to Cleveland for #12, a 3rd rounder and a future 4th* - Amari Cooper,WR,Alabama - They say Cleveland doesn't value WRs, but I think Cooper is both special and safe as a prospect. He's a difference maker and a great value at 7.

8. Atlanta - Alvin Dupree,OLB,Kentucky - Atlanta has to get a pass rusher here. I think Quinn gambles on the special athlete. Fowler's a low ceiling guy to me and Gregory has to scare you at least a little now.

9. New York Giants - La'el Collins,OL,LSU - A nasty run blocker who's athletic and versatile. Coughlin will figure out where to put him, as his OL needs the influx of talent.

10. St.Louis - Kevin White,WR,WVU - Even though their last WVU WR didn't work out well, White is a different breed. The Rams have lacked a difference maker for a while at WR and they don't have a ton of holes left. White is simply better value than the OL or DBs available here.

11. Minnesota - Jalen Collins,CB,LSU - A surprise as the first CB off the board, but he has a ton of upside and Zimmer has shown he'll take a 1st round CB and develop him for a year or two. I think he makes a star out of Collins.

12. Chicago(from Cle) - Dante Fowler,OLB,Florida - He's a little better value here than where he's often projected IMO. Chicago needs a talented OLB/edge rusher for their new 3-4(and in general), so he should be a relatively easy pick.

13. New Orleans Saints - Randy Gregory,OLB,Nebraska - They take a gamble on a high upside talent here as they really need a pass rusher and general talent on defense.

14. Miami - Marcus Peters,CB,Washington - Best CB in the draft on tape. Yes, there are character risks, but Miami needs early results from this pick and CB is their biggest need IMO.

15. San Francisco - Danny Shelton,DT,Washington - I don't know that NT is an absolute need, but they need a dominant force up front. Their front 7 has taken a big talent hit.

16. Houston - Trae Waynes,CB,MSU - Jonathan Joseph probably doesn't have much time left and they don't have much depth at CB. Waynes is a nice get here

17. San Diego - Todd Gurley,RB,Georgia - SD has a pretty good collection of talent on their roster,but they lack a dominant offensive weapon beyond Rivers and great running game could really put them over the top.

18. Kansas City - Ereck Flowers,OT,Miami - OT may not be the biggest need, but their OL was a disaster last yar and Flowers is the type of big, mean blocker that Reid loves. Might start his career at RG

19. Cleveland - Andrus Peat,OT,Stanford - RT is a bit of a hole and Peat could even take over for Thomas eventually.

20. Philadelphia - Byron Jones,CB,UConn - Kelly loves athlete and Jones has strong tape and character too. He can develop behind their veteran CBs in year one while helping on STs.

21. Cincinatti - Eric Kendricks,LB,UCLA - They need athleticism and coverage skill at LB pretty badly. They've been waiting on a guy like Kenridkcs to fall into their laps

22. Pittsburgh - Kevin Johnson,CB,Wake Forest - They're old and just not very good at CB. Johnson is a stud with his size and change of direction skills.

23. Detroit - TJ Clemmings,OT,Pitt - He might sit a year, but he'll be developed as the future at LT with Reiff becoming a G or RT.

24. Arizona - Malcolm Brown,DT,Texas - With guys like Dockett and Williams gone, its time to restock that DL.

25. Carolina - DJ HUmphries,OT,Florida - They have a devastating need for an OT who can pass block. Hopefully this moves Oher to RT.

26. Baltimore - Dorial Green-Beckham,WR,OKlahoma/Missouri - Ozzie swings for the fences here, as he loves landing star talent in the first round and a big time WR would be a game changer for that offense. DGB has AJ Green like upside if his head is on right.

27. Cowboys - Eddie Goldman,DT,FSU- They need someone in the middle of that D who can push the pocket.

28. Broncos - Cameron Erving,C,FSU - They need OL and C would be a good spot to start. They can move Erving around if needed too though.

29. Indianapolis - Landon Collins,S,Alabama - Landry didn't work out, so they could use a strong safety. Collins is the best of a poor positional group this year.

30. Green Bay - Eli Harold,OLB,Virginia - The search for help opposite Matthews continues on.

31. New Orleans(via Seattle) - Jordan Phillips,NT,Oklahoma - Has the chance to be a dominant force and I"m not liking their current NT situation. Him and Gregory could transform that front 7, though they are taking big risks too.

32. New England - Breshad Perriman,WR,UCF - A dynamic and speedy downfield threat is the one thing this offense doesn't really have. Lafell is on a short term deal, Edelman has concussion issues and Amendola is a short term player for them. Lets see if they can finally develop a WR.

2nd round

33. Tennessee - Duke Johnson,RB,Miami - I think they'll want to run the ball a lot in Mariota's rookie campaign and they could use more speed back there to complement Sankey and Greene. Johnson has Shady Mccoy upside IMO.

34. Tampa Bay - Jake Fisher,OT,Oregon - They haven't been able to solve LT lately and Fisher impressed at the combine enough to make me think he has a chance of playing there. Tape is solid as well.

35. Oakland - Devin Smith,WR,OSU - They have some interesting bigger WRs but they could use a true deep threat. Not sure if Carr get can get him the ball deep,but that's another issue.

36, Jacksonville - Tevin Coleman,RB,Indiana - They need a power option to complement Robinson.

37. New York Jets - Brett Hundley,QB,UCLA - I think he's a bit underrated.Let him sit a year and see what he develops into. You have to gamble on QB talent when you don't have one.

38. Washington - Owamagbe Odighizuwa,DE,UCLA - They need more pass rush and I love this kid's talent. Healthy drops him a bit. I do like Trent Murphy, but not sure he's a 10 sack type.

39. Chicago - Carl Davis,NT,Iowa - NT is a pretty big hole for them right now. I think Davis has a lot of upside.

40. New York Giants - Michael Bennett,DT,OSU - Spags will want more pressure on the QB from the DT spot

41. St.Louis - Sean Mannion,QB,Oregon St. - They said they want to draft a QB and I think Mannion is the sleeper of this class, or the fast riser at the least. Upside might be Foles-esque, but the depth would be nice at the least.

42. Atlanta - Bernardrick Mckinney,LB,Miss St. - He can move around and play a few different roles in that defense.

43. Cleveland - Maxx Williams,TE,Minnesota - Pass catching TE is a big hole for them. I didn't mean for them to go all offense, but that side of the ball has been depleted for years and I'm a believer in Pettine and their current defensive talent.

44. New Orleans - PJ Williams,CB,FSU - Browner was a good start, but they need at least one more CB.

45. Minnesota - Cedric Ogbuehi,OT,TexasA&M - Kalil has been a disaster and they have a deep enough roster to take a depth/development player here IMO.

46. San Francisco - Devin Funchess,WR/TE,MIchigan - Boldin and Davis are both aging and FUnchess helps replace both to a degree.

47. Miami - Preston Smith,DE,Miss St. - Wake is getting up there and Vernon is a bit of a role player. Smith is a complete DE who is a bit underrated by the masses.

48. San Diego - Danielle Hunter,OLB,LSU - SD's defense could definitely stand to add a rangy, athleteic OLB like Hunter.

49. Kansas City - Alex Carter,DB,Stanford - Could end up playing either CB or S for them

50. Buffalo - Laken Tomlinson,G,Duke - Too good to pass here especially since Buffalo's OL isn't very good.

51. Houston - Jaelen Strong,WR,Arizona St. - With Andre gone they could use a replacement big bodied WR.

52. Philadelphia - Sammie Coates,WR,Alabama - They lack a take the top off the defense type WR now and I think Kelly can turn Coates into the kind of blocking WR he likes.

53. Cincinatti - Shaq Thompson,OLB/S,Washington - Adding Thompson and Kendricks to the middle of that defense gives them a different element. Thompson likely plays both S(Taylor Mays role) and some nickel LB when Burflict or Maualuga comes out.

54. Detroit Jay Ajayi,RB,Boise ST.- Versatile, talented RB who will complement Bell well and hopefully give Detroit a running game for once.

55. Arizona - Stephone Anthony,ILB,Clemson - Has some Karlos Dansby in him,who they miss. Could help them with their woes covering TEs.

56. Pittsburgh - Christian Covington,DL,Rice - A riser who I think is great value here. A youthful injection to replace Keisel and more.

57. Carolina - AJ Cann,G,South Carolina - I think it would be pretty smart to double up on OL. Cann is good value here too.

58. Baltimore - Josh Shaw,DB,USC - Impressive workouts to go with good size and versatility. Could play S or CB, both spots where Baltimore needs help.

59. Denver - Paul Dawson,ILB TCU - They're switching to a 3-4 and both Marshall and Trevathan are currently hurt. They need some ILB talent. Dawson wouldn't be here but his character is a question mark.

60. Dallas - Eric Rowe,DB,Utah - Their secondary is solid but has a lot of question marks. Another guy who could play either S or CB, but I see him as a CB in Dallas.

61. Indianapolis - Arie Kouandjio,G,Alabama - OL help is their biggest priority in this draft. I like Kouandjio a little better for them than Jackson.

62. Green Bay - Doran Grant,CB,Ohio St. - They lost some CB depth this offseason. I like Grant over Darby here. I think he's underrated.

63. Seattle - Ali Marpet,OL,Hobart - I think his talent and versatility will intrigue the Seahawks. Could end up anywhere from OT to C for them.

64. New England - David Johnson,Rb,N.Iowa - His athleticism and pass catching skills make him a nice Vereen replacement.
All I can say is that Oakland and Cleveland are in no position to give up picks unless they were seeking a QB. That is the only position weak teams will give up picks for.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did I miss Melvin Gordon or did you?? Give him to Dallas in round 1.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:16 AM    (permalink
JungleRock85
Rookie

JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the talent in Kendricks and Thompson for the Bengals and could argue with Burfict being a question mark that linebacker is the biggest need. With that said, I just don't see the coaching staff or front office believing that. They signed AJ Hawk and gave Mauluaga a 3 year contract. I don't love those moves but it is what it is. Offensive tackle, wide receiver are what I think they will actually do at this point, then maybe linebacker, tight end, or corner as their next 3 picks.
JungleRock85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
2 Linebackers are not going to happen for the Bengals. Taylor Mays barely played on defense so they really don't need a another hybrid player.
No desire to give them 2, but they don't have many holes and Thompson was insane value. I see him playing a hybrid role and probably becoming the starting Will in the future. I don't really like any of Cincy's LBs. Burflict is good but microfracture is tough to come back from.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Not necessarily.

From 2014

Lost
Ray McDonald
Patrick Willis (started 6 games)
Chris Borland (started 10 games)

Gained
Aldon Smith (missed 10 games)
NaVorro Bowman (missed 2014)
Ian Williams (missed 15 games)
Glenn Dorsey (missed 2014)
Darnell Dockett

and Tank Carradine and Quinton Dial will finally get more time at their appropriate positions.
FTR, I agree to a large degree. However, its not the youngest unit now and you're depending on a lot of guys to come back from injuries.

I'm definitely not screaming doom and gloom for the 9ers or their front 7, as they had the deepest roster in the NFL going into this offseason, but they need a young defender or 2 up front
Old 03-31-2015, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _YL_ View Post
Don't see why the Raiders would trade up 1 spot knowing pretty well that the Jags wont be selecting Williams. One thing Reggie wont do is trade a draft pick.
I think both have to do that deal myself. Jacksonville HAS to take WIlliams if they stay in the slot IMO. He's not a great fit right now, but his value relative to the next set of guys(other than the WRs maybe, who I don't like for Jax) is just too much higher. A 4th is a small price to pay otoh for Oakland, who gets a beast of a DL prospet to pair with Mack. That has the potential to be dominant for a decade.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
All I can say is that Oakland and Cleveland are in no position to give up picks unless they were seeking a QB. That is the only position weak teams will give up picks for.
I explain Oakland above. I disagree with the thinking in general. Your job is to extract max value from your picks, not be dogmatic about draft strategy.

As for Cleveland, they actually have a pretty deep and talented roster and they have an extra 1st rounder. I think they can afford it just fine and I think Cooper would be an awesome get for them.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

57. Carolina - AJ Cann,G,South Carolina
Tomlinson works, Cann would be a better fit IMO, I have Cann rated higher myself.
Cann I think is the better LG prospect for the Bills, which I think would be a tie breaker if it came down to the two prospects. Just my opinion; the Bills go Cann if the two are on the board, as Cann comes in and is the day 1 starter at LG.

Deion Sanders
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleRock85 View Post
I like the talent in Kendricks and Thompson for the Bengals and could argue with Burfict being a question mark that linebacker is the biggest need. With that said, I just don't see the coaching staff or front office believing that. They signed AJ Hawk and gave Mauluaga a 3 year contract. I don't love those moves but it is what it is. Offensive tackle, wide receiver are what I think they will actually do at this point, then maybe linebacker, tight end, or corner as their next 3 picks.
I didn't love any OT for them over Thompson in round 2, but that's the direction I was looking for them.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Tomlinson works, Cann would be a better fit IMO, I have Cann rated higher myself.
Cann I think is the better LG prospect for the Bills, which I think would be a tie breaker if it came down to the two prospects. Just my opinion; the Bills go Cann if the two are on the board, as Cann comes in and is the day 1 starter at LG.
Interesting. I like Tomlinson better as I think he's a bit more athletic with similar power. Top 2 pure Gs by a large margin though IMO so its splitting hairs.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
Did I miss Melvin Gordon or did you?? Give him to Dallas in round 1.
I did. Dammit. I wouldn't give him to Dallas though. I think they'd be very, very foolish to go RB in the 1st round. They are thin on defense, they've invested a ton in their OL and its a deep RB class. Using a 1st rounder on RB would be terrible value for them IMO.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Horrible first round pick for the Eagles. Kid isn't a first rounder...second round pick is fine, but Collins or Johnson is likely the pick in the first.
I like Jones a ton. Great combine, but he also looks good on tape. 2nd best passer rating allowed in all of FBS.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Phins827
Rookie

Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vernon is a role player? 18 sacks over the past 2 seasons. Solid numbers for a role player
Phins827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phins827 View Post
Vernon is a role player? 18 sacks over the past 2 seasons. Solid numbers for a role player
Probably true. I wasn't discounting his pass rush ability though.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:06 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Saints draft is pretty meh to me. I understand the Gregory and Williams picks, but NT is not in the Top 5 needs for the Saints, including a few starters. We had a 2nd year player, who did well his rookie year, in Jenkins who was injured all of last year. Plus we re-signed Bunkley, who played very well before his own injury.

Waynes, Fisher, and Shaq Thompson would be a huge upgrade to your draft for us.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:57 PM    (permalink
superfly69
Veteran

superfly69 superfly69 superfly69 superfly69 superfly69 superfly69 superfly69 superfly69 superfly69 superfly69 superfly69

No way Fowler falls to #12. He's gone by #6.
superfly69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:08 AM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid KC mock
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:03 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Better reasoning for the Smith pick would be he replaces Vernon next year after he gets a 10 mil a year deal in FA or replaces Wake after we cut him so we can extend Vernon.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote