Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-25-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default J-Mike's All-Pro Team Offense, week 12

First Team Offense
QB- Phillip Rivers -Threatening Marino's passing record averaging 317 yards a game, and leads NFL with 23 passing TDs. Easy call here.
RB- Arian Foster -Only 1,000-yard rusher so far, averages 5.2 per carry
RB- Adrian Peterson -#2 in rushing, and has eliminated fumblitis
TE- Antonio Gates -Leads all TE's in yards and touchdowns. 87% of his catches are for first downs!
WR- Roddy White -By far the most dominant WR in the league this year
WR- Brandon Lloyd -Leads NFL in yards with 1,046. Tied with White in TD catches with 7.

Offensive Line:
Unlike the old Dr. Z, I don't have access to, or the time to review in-the-trenches video of the interior line play, plus the network telecast doesn't show it well enough.

But I do know the Giants, Colts, Saints, and Patriots have allowed the fewest sacks in the league at 12-14. Much of that has to do with the QB too.

I also know the Chiefs & Raiders lead the league in rushing yardage and are averaging 4.8 per carry. The Texans are averaging 4.9 per carry and have 15 rushing TDs. The Eagles have the Vick factor raising their averages, but they're at 5.4 per carry, and 3rd in total yards rushing. They have allowed 28 sacks though which is terrible, compared to the 12 & 14 allowed by the Giants, Saints, Colts, and Patriots.

So based on that, I give the 5 OL positions to 1 each from:
Patriots
Giants
Jets
Chiefs
Texans

Fans of those 5 teams: tell me who your best OL has been this year. Not who was the highest draft pick, but who has performed the best. I'd like to make a case for RG Josh Sitton for my team.
Here's the blocking data stats: http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...S&d-447263-n=1

My 2nd Team Offense is:
QB- Michael Vick -Everyone is aware of his running ability, the best-ever, but he also leads the NFL in passer rating, and has thrown ZERO interceptions. His avg per pass is 2nd, trailing only Rivers. Vick has an 11-0 TD-Int ratio. What more can a QB do?
RB- Darren McFadden -4th in rushing, 5.2 per carry
RB- Chris Johnson -3rd in yards rushing, + 9 TDs
WR- Hakeem Nicks (he'll fade being out now.. Steve Johnson or Dwayne Bowe replaces him, edging Reggie Wayne who's avg is way down)
WR- Terrell Owens -8 TDs, 3rd in yards

Offensive Line:
Colts, Saints, Raiders, Jets, and Packers (RG Josh Sitton) each get a guy on the 2nd team. My LT Chad Clifton is close... if he blanks John Abraham this weekend, he's on the team!

Now, on DEFENSE, I could just wing it and pretend I know.... but I really only have had the opportunity to study the offenses this year.
Yourfavestoner and some other guys here, help me out on that side of the ball. I don't have the Sunday Ticket this year and have been watching games running a Sports Bar here, so I mostly focus in on offenses.

Does ProFootballFocus or FootballOutsiders have stats of defensive guys?
I'm curious to see where CB Tramon Williams ranks.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chad Greenway deserves to be on an All Pro team. Dude has been nothing short of phenomenal.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys on D who I've personally seen pretty extensively and have been lights out:

DT: Haloti Ngata
OLB: Shaun Phillips
MLB/ILB: Lawrence Timmons
CB: Champ Bailey (other than the Dwayne Bowe game, he's had an awesome year)
CB: Aquib Talib
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Claw Matthews.
Nhanakfmougngh Suh (I don't care if he's a rookie, he's the best 4-3 DT in the game)
Julius Peppers

Are the three from the North I think you have to take. I think Tramon Williams has a valid case but probably hard to fit him in an all-pro team.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Claw Matthews.
Nhanakfmougngh Suh (I don't care if he's a rookie, he's the best 4-3 DT in the game)
Julius Peppers

Are the three from the North I think you have to take. I think Tramon Williams has a valid case but probably hard to fit him in an all-pro team.
All excellent calls as well. Completely forgot about Peppers, he's been lights out even though it doesn't reflect on the stat sheet.

TJ Ward is another rookie who has been outstanding.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some names that should be in concideration...

QB: Phillip Rivers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Michael Vick.

RB: Arian Foster, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Hillis, Chris Johsnson, Darren McFadden (bar steelers game), Jamaal Charles.

WR: Roddy White, Brandon Lloyd, Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Bowe. (long shot Mike Wallace, that would be awesome)

TE: Antonio Gates, Jacob Tamme, Marcedes Lewis (TD machine)

O-Line: Jake Long, Josh Sitton, Maurkice Pouncey, Sebastian Vollmer.

DE: Julius Peppers, Mario Williams, Osi Umenyiora, Trent Cole.

DT: Haloti Ngata, Ndamukong Suh, Vince Wilfork, Casey Hampton, Antonio Dixon, Antonio Garay.

OLB: (3-4) Clay Matthews, James Harrison, Cameron Wake, Tamba Hali, Shaun Phillips.

OLB: (4-3) Chad Greenway, Geno Hayes, James Anderson, Lance Briggs.

ILB: Lawrence Timmons, Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis, Jerod Mayo, Derrick Johnson, Desmond Bishop, Stephen Tulloch.

CB: Nnamdi Asamugha (when healthy), Brandon Flowers, Champ Bailey, Tramon Williams, Vontae Davis, Terell Thomas, Asante Samuel.

S: Troy Polamalu, LaRon Landry, Nate Allen, Earl Thomas, Ed Reed, TJ Ward (3 ROOKIES?)

My picks:

QB: Phillip Rivers

RB: Arian Foster
RB: Adrian Peterson

WR: Roddy White
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Brandon Lloyd

TE: Antonio Gates
TE: Jacob Tamme

DE: Julius Peppers
DE: Trent Cole

DT: Ndamukong Suh

OLB: Clay Matthews
OLB: James Harrison

ILB: Lawrence Timmons
ILB: Patrick Willis

CB: Nnamdi Asmugha
CB: Brandon Flowers

S: Troy Polamalu
S: LaRon Landry
Old 11-25-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Some names that should be in concideration...

QB: Phillip Rivers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Michael Vick.

RB: Arian Foster, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Hillis, Chris Johsnson, Darren McFadden (bar steelers game), Jamaal Charles.

WR: Roddy White, Brandon Lloyd, Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Bowe. (long shot Mike Wallace, that would be awesome)

TE: Antonio Gates, Jacob Tamme, Marcedes Lewis (TD machine)

O-Line: Jake Long, Josh Sitton, Maurkice Pouncey, Sebastian Vollmer.

DE: Julius Peppers, Mario Williams, Osi Umenyiora, Trent Cole.

DT: Haloti Ngata, Ndamukong Suh, Vince Wilfork, Casey Hampton, Antonio Dixon, Antonio Garay.

OLB: (3-4) Clay Matthews, James Harrison, Cameron Wake, Tamba Hali, Shaun Phillips.

OLB: (4-3) Chad Greenway, Geno Hayes, James Anderson, Lance Briggs.

ILB: Lawrence Timmons, Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis, Jerod Mayo, Derrick Johnson, Desmond Bishop, Stephen Tulloch.

CB: Nnamdi Asamugha (when healthy), Brandon Flowers, Champ Bailey, Tramon Williams, Vontae Davis, Terell Thomas, Asante Samuel.

S: Troy Polamalu, LaRon Landry, Nate Allen, Earl Thomas, Ed Reed, TJ Ward (3 ROOKIES?)

My picks:

QB: Phillip Rivers

RB: Arian Foster
RB: Adrian Peterson

WR: Roddy White
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Brandon Lloyd

TE: Antonio Gates
TE: Jacob Tamme

DE: Julius Peppers
DE: Trent Cole

DT: Ndamukong Suh

OLB: Clay Matthews
OLB: James Harrison

ILB: Lawrence Timmons
ILB: Patrick Willis

CB: Nnamdi Asmugha
CB: Brandon Flowers

S: Troy Polamalu
S: LaRon Landry
Looks pretty good to me, but I thought I saw Flowers get torched in the Broncos game. To me, a 1st team All-Pro can't have gotten torched like that so far, because there are some who haven't yet.... but I could be mixing him up with someone. Same thing with Laron Landry. That show he and they put on against Vick, allowing the greatest game ever to a QB, tells me someone else is more deserving. Not sure who though, Nick Collins maybe? The Packers and Bears defense has allowed the fewest points...
Old 11-25-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
CB: Champ Bailey (other than the Dwayne Bowe game, he's had an awesome year)
No offense meant towards you, but this irks me. It's funny what a highlight interception on national tv can do for the national perception of a corner. He's playing better than 90% of the corners in the nfl... I'll admit... But he is having a terrible year by champ bailey's standards. far worse than last year two years before that or any year in denver for that matter minus the injury plagued one. Where was all the love last year, when he played much better, wasn't thrown to, but got only 3 picks in non televised games?

Last edited by Jimmy : 11-25-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
It's funny what a highlight interception on national tv can do for the national perception of a corner.
That works both ways. Or are you forgetting that one bad game against the run and suddenly Antonio Cromartie was the worst player in the history of sports.

Or more recently, one highlight catch by Randy Moss and suddenly Darrelle Revis sucks and was never as good as Nnamdi Asomugha anyway.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
No offense meant towards you, but this irks me. It's funny what a highlight interception on national tv can do for the national perception of a corner. He's playing better than 90% of the corners in the nfl... I'll admit... But he is having a terrible year by champ bailey's standards. far worse than last year two years before that or any year in denver for that matter minus the injury plagued one. Where was all the love last year, when he played much better, wasn't thrown to, but got only 3 picks in non televised games?
I actually didn't watch that much of the Chargers/Broncos game, but I saw him doing a damn good job in the Ravens and Colts games.

Consider the abysmal pass rush and terrible safety play, too. From what I've seen of him, he's doing pretty well.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 11-25-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
That works both ways. Or are you forgetting that one bad game against the run and suddenly Antonio Cromartie was the worst player in the history of sports.

Or more recently, one highlight catch by Randy Moss and suddenly Darrelle Revis sucks and was never as good as Nnamdi Asomugha anyway.
it absolutely works both ways. i'm not sure if that is supposed to be a counter point, but the very reason people started to hate on champ stemmed from 2007 when bailey gave up a long Overtime TD to Greg Jennings with a tweaked hammy. The main point is, you can't be the best corner in the nfl these days unless you give up 0 TD's all year and put up 7+ interceptions within the last 2 years. and if you fail to do both, you better hope you play for a small market team so you can hide from the national audience that would otherwise see you playing simply "above average."

it's a topic that i get heated about, because i've been watching 2 of the best corners in the nfl play for the last 5 years, and neither (Bailey & Asomugha) consistently get the credit they deserve. somebody always has something negative to say about them. They are as good at their position as manning and brady, and you don't see anyone picking them apart.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Looks pretty good to me, but I thought I saw Flowers get torched in the Broncos game. To me, a 1st team All-Pro can't have gotten torched like that so far, because there are some who haven't yet.... but I could be mixing him up with someone. Same thing with Laron Landry. That show he and they put on against Vick, allowing the greatest game ever to a QB, tells me someone else is more deserving. Not sure who though, Nick Collins maybe? The Packers and Bears defense has allowed the fewest points...
I don't remember Flowers getting torched in that game but then again I've tried to forget everything about the Broncos game. He did get torched against the Raiders though. Ford owned him.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Consider the abysmal pass rush and terrible safety play, too. From what I've seen of him, he's doing pretty well.
well there's no doubt that when champ plays even at 90%, he is going to lock dudes down, at look great. but at this point, he's giving up at least 1-3 first downs a game. back in the day, it was considered a bad game if he gave up a catch for over 10 yards in single coverage. i will agree though, he is doing pretty well. just not by his standards.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:38 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I may be just being a homer here but I really think Devin McCourty should at least get a mention. Despite the Patriots having a really poor pass rush he ties the lead for rookie INTs with 5, 3 of his INTs have been where he outfought the WR and he has generally been amazing in coverage

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I may be just being a homer here but I really think Devin McCourty should at least get a mention. Despite the Patriots having a really poor pass rush he ties the lead for rookie INTs with 5, 3 of his INTs have been where he outfought the WR and he has generally been amazing in coverage
Not being a homer at all, I love Devin. He is a stud.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know that anyone on the Texans OL individually would deserve it, its more of a unit thing imo.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post

Actually cro spent all of 08 and 09 as the worst player in pro sports. Don't let homer goggles change history
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can have Brandon Lloyd's yards, I'll take Dwayne Bowe's TD's.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:27 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
You can have Brandon Lloyd's yards, I'll take Dwayne Bowe's TD's.
Lloyd has as many TD's as Roddy White does.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lloyd has as many TD's as Roddy White does.
And Bowe has more then both of them.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:43 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
And Bowe has more then both of them.
yeah, and Marcedes Lewis has more TDs than Roddy White does.

Brandon Lloyd has 50 first downs compared to 33 for Bowe.
Bowe's had a super season so far, especially since he dropped a ton of passes early in the year to lose a game all by himself.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
J52
Rookie

J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
First Team Offense
QB- Phillip Rivers -Threatening Marino's passing record averaging 317 yards a game, and leads NFL with 23 passing TDs. Easy call here.
RB- Arian Foster -Only 1,000-yard rusher so far, averages 5.2 per carry
RB- Adrian Peterson -#2 in rushing, and has eliminated fumblitis
TE- Antonio Gates -Leads all TE's in yards and touchdowns. 87% of his catches are for first downs!
WR- Roddy White -By far the most dominant WR in the league this year
WR- Brandon Lloyd -Leads NFL in yards with 1,046. Tied with White in TD catches with 7.

Offensive Line:
Unlike the old Dr. Z, I don't have access to, or the time to review in-the-trenches video of the interior line play, plus the network telecast doesn't show it well enough.

But I do know the Giants, Colts, Saints, and Patriots have allowed the fewest sacks in the league at 12-14. Much of that has to do with the QB too.

I also know the Chiefs & Raiders lead the league in rushing yardage and are averaging 4.8 per carry. The Texans are averaging 4.9 per carry and have 15 rushing TDs. The Eagles have the Vick factor raising their averages, but they're at 5.4 per carry, and 3rd in total yards rushing. They have allowed 28 sacks though which is terrible, compared to the 12 & 14 allowed by the Giants, Saints, Colts, and Patriots.

So based on that, I give the 5 OL positions to 1 each from:
Patriots
Giants
Jets
Chiefs
Texans

Fans of those 5 teams: tell me who your best OL has been this year. Not who was the highest draft pick, but who has performed the best. I'd like to make a case for RG Josh Sitton for my team.
Here's the blocking data stats: http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...S&d-447263-n=1

My 2nd Team Offense is:
QB- Michael Vick -Everyone is aware of his running ability, the best-ever, but he also leads the NFL in passer rating, and has thrown ZERO interceptions. His avg per pass is 2nd, trailing only Rivers. Vick has an 11-0 TD-Int ratio. What more can a QB do?
RB- Darren McFadden -4th in rushing, 5.2 per carry
RB- Chris Johnson -3rd in yards rushing, + 9 TDs
WR- Hakeem Nicks (he'll fade being out now.. Steve Johnson or Dwayne Bowe replaces him, edging Reggie Wayne who's avg is way down)
WR- Terrell Owens -8 TDs, 3rd in yards

Offensive Line:
Colts, Saints, Raiders, Jets, and Packers (RG Josh Sitton) each get a guy on the 2nd team. My LT Chad Clifton is close... if he blanks John Abraham this weekend, he's on the team!

Now, on DEFENSE, I could just wing it and pretend I know.... but I really only have had the opportunity to study the offenses this year.
Yourfavestoner and some other guys here, help me out on that side of the ball. I don't have the Sunday Ticket this year and have been watching games running a Sports Bar here, so I mostly focus in on offenses.

Does ProFootballFocus or FootballOutsiders have stats of defensive guys?
I'm curious to see where CB Tramon Williams ranks.
You based the entirety of your All Pro team on stats. Surely, you understand the flaw of this, right?
J52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:00 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J52 View Post
You based the entirety of your All Pro team on stats. Surely, you understand the flaw of this, right?
Who do you reward for a season's worth of work?
The guys who tweet a lot, have nice dreads, or guys who have produced?

Tip for you: Statistics keep track of production.
They aren't 100% of all that matters, but they matter more than style or draft pick status.

You think we should just keep putting Cowboys players on there then because they have the names?
Old 11-28-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

14 TD's and counting for Bowe.

Shhh haters...

Last edited by Splat : 11-28-2010 at 08:29 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody was hating, they just said they felt Lloyd was more deserving at the time, and to be honest he probably was. Obviously this past game has changed things, but it's pointless to look at this until the season is over anyways. If Lloyd went for 150 and 3 TDs next week and Bowe didn't really do anything they could just turn the tables on you.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote