Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-01-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
But how much of it was on Gruden too? He had to identify the player he wants, bring them in, coach them up.....then he wants to move on right away the next year. Never satisfied.
Simms was a late 3rd round pick
Tuiasosopo a late 2nd round pick
Johnson a 5th round pick
Gradkowski was a 6th round pick.

It's not like he was handed top talents at the position. Late 2nd round QBs rarely pan out and it only gets less and less likely from there. Simms was actually kinda decent before becoming the worst QB in the NFL. I just think they didn't have the talent to cut it in the NFL, whether Gruden or Jesus himself was coaching them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gruden thought he could make every quarterback into Rich Gannon. He never picked one and went with it either, that was his main problem, but he actually made all of those guys look pretty decent for a period of time. Chris Simms fell off the face of the earth post-Gruden. Luke McCown was another fascination of his too that no one has mentioned.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Dagagad
Rookie

Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.

Ugh. Its looking more and more like Gruden. I really think Miami are making a big mistake not trying to get Mullen. I hoe i'm wrong.
Dagagad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not so fast....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5871783

ESPN execs think there is no chance he goes. Usually I believe local journalists over ESPN, not this time though as Gruden would let ESPN break the story. I'd also be curious if his MNF contract lets him out for a college position.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A Miami source told Schad the discussions were "exploratory" and that the "search continues."
It was exploratory a month ago when they were talking, they're talking numbers now. Not saying he's gonna be the coach, because the general feeling is swinging the other way today, but anything coming out about the search right now is crap.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rapidly turning into a confusing story, and I think a lot of that has to do with ESPN and they're role in covering a major story involving an employee potentially breaching a contract agreement with them.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-01-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Rapidly turning into a confusing story, and I think a lot of that has to do with ESPN and they're role in covering a major story involving an employee potentially breaching a contract agreement with them.
I question what his contract says as well, but that said if this story is going to break, ESPN is going to break it for once.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:12 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
I question what his contract says as well, but that said if this story is going to break, ESPN is going to break it for once.
Not necessarily. He might not be telling them anything.

Here's a bit about the contract;
Quote:
"He's focused on getting better," said Williamson. "My feeling is Jon's in year two of a long term contract and we expect Jon to be on "Monday Night Football" and doing what he's been doing for a long time to come."
That's from an ESPN Exec. So he does indeed have a long contract with ESPN.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 12-01-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Not necessarily. He might not be telling them anything.

Here's a bit about the contract;

That's from an ESPN Exec. So he does indeed have a long contract with ESPN.
Right, but I can guarantee you he as an out clause to leave to coach a NFL team. What I would question is what if he negotiated a clause for a top college program as well, my educated guess is probably not without paying a buyout.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gruden's not coming. No idea who is, just not gonna be Gruden.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-01-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Gruden's not coming. No idea who is, just not gonna be Gruden.
Mike Leach?
Old 12-01-2010, 07:37 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

0.0% chance. Mullen, Al Golden, Randy Edsall, maybe Peterson, Patterson and Bielema but I don't think those guys are real options.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-01-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Take Dan Mullen please and thank you.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
0.0% chance. Mullen, Al Golden, Randy Edsall, maybe Peterson, Patterson and Bielema but I don't think those guys are real options.
I think that would be a damn good get for the U. I like what he has done with Temple, and with some actual talent I think he could work wonders.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
I think that would be a damn good get for the U. I like what he has done with Temple, and with some actual talent I think he could work wonders.
Ehh. I wouldn't go after him that hard. I love what he has done with Temple. And give him mad dope stupid props as well. As a recruiter he is awesome. As a HC well thats a different story. Hasn't beat a team with a winning record in how long. The coaching positions around him are very questionable hires, he pretty much gave the jobs to his buddies that don't know squat. He doesn't make game time changes or decisions or ask the OC and DC WTF they are doing.

He is like Shannon but, an amazing recruiter and is always fired up on the sidelines and trying to get the best out of his players. But the coaches he surrounds himself with leads to him making questionable decisions during games. And then miss managing of players, like our starting Rb/offense went down. Everyone knows he is injury prone, but another rb wasn't activated or given more carries. Instead a 5'5 rb that usually splits carriers with BP is forced to take the load, and that leads to a ****** offense, and even shitter play calling.

But as a recruiter you can't go wrong with Al. As a HC he could do better with just surrounding himself with better coaches and making coaches responsible. He does hold all players accountable, for a school that could use all the talent we can get. He has kicked off some prominent players for breaking rules we don't know of and not following his way. Its his way or the highway. Junior Gallette on the Saints this year was at Temple, kicked off because of who knows what. Discipline and school are two things he holds very high for all players, if he finds out they skipped a class its hell for them then.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i dont really see Patterson or Bielema leaving either...neither of them seem like Miami guys to me.

I would really like to see Mullen, would a guy like Kirby Smart be talked about?? or do you think they grab an offensive minded coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
As a recruiter he is awesome.
Not really. I know you're a Temple fan, but as someone who has been studying him for a while (Minnesota job) I'd say that's his second biggest weakness so far. I'm not sure what makes you say that so strongly.

The lack of wins against winning programs is the biggest, as you mentioned.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5870539

LMAO!
Old 12-01-2010, 08:20 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Not really. I know you're a Temple fan, but as someone who has been studying him for a while (Minnesota job) I'd say that's his second biggest weakness so far. I'm not sure what makes you say that so strongly.

The lack of wins against winning programs is the biggest, as you mentioned.
For him to attract guys to come to a school thats football program was on the verge of closing, I say he is doing a pretty good job of getting guys to come here. He gets guys to commit, then they go to military academy and then sign to BCS programs.

I expect him to do far better this year in recruiting but something seems off. You are right he could do a better job in recruiting, but he has done a pretty good job with the piss poor standards we had before. His second biggest weakness is not hiring the right people for the job and holding his coaches accountable like he does with the players.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's trying to convince kids to come to North Philly. Do you have any idea how ******* impossible that is?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Does he have any kind of pull there?
Old 12-01-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
He's trying to convince kids to come to North Philly. Do you have any idea how ******* impossible that is?
USC isn't exactly in the nicest part of L.A. either.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
USC isn't exactly in the nicest part of L.A. either.
USC's also got a tad more program prestige and slightly hotter cheerleaders.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
USC's also got a tad more program prestige and slightly hotter cheerleaders.
ahha, by slightly do you mean a whole lot?

Last edited by brat316 : 12-01-2010 at 08:49 PM.
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Some of those USC cheerleaders are surprisingly meh, actually.