Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default LB Thread

We all know the Eagles need help at LB, so instead of having so many different spots where there is info on the LB corp, I think it is a good idea to keep it all in one spot. Just thought I would let everyone know that Shawn Barber signed a three year deal with the Texans today, so LB looks like it will be a big concern in the draft.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see Shawn Barber leaving as that big of a problem at all. McCoy can step in and take the nickel linebacker spot, while Gaither starts at WILL.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see it as a big loss either, but it does seem to make you beleive we will be going LB early.

Old 03-20-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

I don't care who the eagles get as long as Dhani Jones doesn't play another down.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A player we haven't really discussed much is Buster Davis. He lacks height, but he has a very solid frame. Just watching him play last year was amazing he is a sideline to sideline linebacker and is in on just about every play. He plays much faster than he times and can do all the things expected of a MLB. He is one of the gems that will be available in round 2, and hopefully at our pick.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Buster would be great to have i saw him going to the eagles in a few older mock drafts from a few months ago. I really like him even though i have only seen him play a few times.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ

Last edited by camp_eagles : 03-20-2007 at 09:13 PM.
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:20 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Personnally, I think we need to add size to our LB corp. We don't need another undersized LB. Basically all of our LBs except Trotter can be classified as undersized. Since we are not adding size to our D-line, we need to add it do our LBs. I know Davis weighs just as much as most of the other prospects, but he doesn't have the capability to get as big as the guys who are 3-5 inches taller than him. I would rather wait and get a guy like Anthony Waters later in the draft. He has better potential than almost all of the LBs in this draft except maybe Willis, he has the size, speed, and Athleticism. We could get him anywhere from the third to the fifth round, depending on how teams feel about his injury, which he seems to have recovered from. If we would get a guy like Doss or Hamlin in FA, I would not be surprised if the Eagles go LB with two of their first day picks, though it would be a little aggrevating.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Honestly though, maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing to pick someone who isn't a run thumper, but is faster, and can make plays all over the field. Davis's instincts make up for his lack of size. I've watched both Waters and Davis very closely, and while Waters would be good too, it would be fantastic to get Davis. This season Trotter was out of position and couldn't make the play because he was too slow, we might be better served getting someone who is faster. Davis can deliver the big hit too. Either way as long as we get either one of them I'm happy.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I would like Waters because he is comparible to Davis in the categories you spoke of, but he is an every down MLB, we won't need to bring in another one to be our Nickel LB. Waters is more versatile, that is why I favor him as well.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

patrick willis....nice to have known ya, PFT is saying he ran like a 4.37 and a 4.38. I really liked this kid and i was optimistic he would fall to us but now he might be the first defensive player chosen

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Patrick Willis is an animal I didn't really expect us to have a shot at him after the combine and pro days he's way too beastly.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brodo, at first I was like where in the hell did you see Willis ran a 4.37, but I went to NFL.com to check on Pro Day results(which I haven't done in a while) and saw it for myself haha. But yeah, barring a trade up(which won't happen), oh well to getting him....
Old 03-22-2007, 06:21 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I actually think it is very likely we trade up this year. We have filled a lot of our needs in FA, and have trade bait to fill those holes. The highest we would go would be the 16-18 range, but Willis may be gone by then anyway. All of the experts have him pegged as a late first round pick, but I con't see how that is possible with all of the stuff he brings to the table. Maybe they know some things about him that we don't. I have no idea, I was just a little unsure about that.

Old 03-22-2007, 08:18 AM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Eagle fans. Greetings from a transplanted New Englander in the heart of South Jersey. I think this year's draft will be very interesting on many fronts but an interesting twist for me is the potential draft battles that these two teams will be fighting come the end of April.

Although they run very different schemes I am constantly finding myself cursing Eaglesalltheway as he suggests the birds take the guy I want for the Patriots. Both teams are strong playoff contenders and looking to fill holes in the same slots - Linebacker, safety , complimentary backs, pass rush impact.

Guys I see us jockeing (sp) over:

1st round potential:
Posluszny
Beason
Griffin
Leonard - I know YOU don't want him but I am not convinced your coach doesn't like the idea of a 1-2 punch

other 1st day picks
Piscitelli
DeOssie
Wendling
Bradley
Waters
Weddle

I just wanted to see if any of you guys had noticed the same theme . It sticks out to me b/c I am always surrounded by Eagles fans / media and actually consider them my NFC team since I now live here. Good luck in the draft and thanks for Stallworh !
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't forget about Lawrence Timmons. I'd love Timmons 1st, Weddle 2nd and Buster Davis 3rd. That would make a huge impact next year.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:26 AM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Timmons you can have. If NE keeps both 1st rounders I hope he is the guy Phil takes between to keep all our options open. He scares me, I smell a bust and it ain't Anna Nicole...
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
ryan0022
Rookie

ryan0022 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
I don't care who the eagles get as long as Dhani Jones doesn't play another down.
I agree completely he just doesn't make any plays
ryan0022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyjackaubrey View Post
Hey Eagle fans. Greetings from a transplanted New Englander in the heart of South Jersey. I think this year's draft will be very interesting on many fronts but an interesting twist for me is the potential draft battles that these two teams will be fighting come the end of April.

Although they run very different schemes I am constantly finding myself cursing Eaglesalltheway as he suggests the birds take the guy I want for the Patriots. Both teams are strong playoff contenders and looking to fill holes in the same slots - Linebacker, safety , complimentary backs, pass rush impact.

Guys I see us jockeing (sp) over:

1st round potential:
Posluszny
Beason
Griffin
Leonard - I know YOU don't want him but I am not convinced your coach doesn't like the idea of a 1-2 punch

other 1st day picks
Piscitelli
DeOssie
Wendling
Bradley
Waters
Weddle

I just wanted to see if any of you guys had noticed the same theme . It sticks out to me b/c I am always surrounded by Eagles fans / media and actually consider them my NFC team since I now live here. Good luck in the draft and thanks for Stallworh !
Those are all good options, but Timmons is an option as well. I think the Pats and Eagles are in similar situations heading into the draft. We both need a true complimentary back, the Pats a little more now that we re-signed Bucky. Both the Pats and Eagles have their biggest needs a LB and Safety. Both of us addressed our WR concerns in FA. Personally I think the Pats weent a little overboard with WRs, but that is just my opinion. The Pats could use depth at O-line, and we need depth at D-line. I beleive you used the perfect word to describe how this years draft will go between the Pats and the Eagles if the Pats stay put. Jockeying is exactly what will be happening. I see it possible that either of our teams could trade up. It will be interesting to see how this draft works out. I have been a major fan of Leonard for a very long time and I would LOVE to see him in Midnight Green, but I don't think we will use a first rounder on him, nor do I think the Pats would either. You have a future star who you drafted last year, and a decent backup in Sammy Morris. I find it unlikely either of our teams draft any RB in round one. I find it likely that if Leonard is available for one of us in the second round, he will be gone, because like you said, it does seem that our FO has shown a lot of interest in him. But just like the Pats FO, we are known for keeping our true intentions hidden until we actually do them. I don't think we would go after Weddle in the first, but depending on how the draft works out, we may pick him in the second if he is available. We are probably targetting about the same prospects throughout this draft, which I find almost funny. I think both of our teams have a very good shot at going far into the playoffs next year. I think the Pats are in a better situation is terms of first round because you pick ahead of us. If it comes down to two guys left that the Eagles would be considering and the Pats would be as well, and the Pats drafted one of them, I think the Eagles may pick that other prospect that the Pats were thinking of.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Credit to Jon Brodo for reporting this in the other thread: PFT is reporting that both the Giants and the Eagles are talking to Denver about trading for LB Al Wilson. Giants seem to have the edge right now, but the Eagles are interested. What do you guys think about Wilson in our system?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I would love to have him on our team, for the right price though. He is 30, but has plenty of terrific years left. He could play MIKE for us, or any LB position really. I don't think we will be able to get this trade done, because the Giants are ahead and or more aggresive in their needs at LB, but I would be ecstatic if we were to get it done as well. Denver fans love him, he is their emotional leader, and another one of those never hurts.

Old 03-23-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I would love to get him, because Dallas getting Hamlin is disconcerting. The Giants getting Wilson would really make it a tough division defensively for us. Wilson would be awesome for us.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

The Hamlin signing doesn't concern me all that much. Dallas will still get beat by the deep ball, even with Hamlin. The Wilson signing would be a bigger problem if you ask me. He is a better player overall, and is a team leader, which the Giants need now.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The New York Post is saying that wilson wont be going to the giants

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03242007...schwar tz.htm

it also says that he dindn't pass a physical. Like I said in the other thread, I would be happy if we got Wilson but i wouldn't be totally pissed off if we didn't. I am happy that they are looking to upgrade the linebackers

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now the question is, do we really want another old MLB, who can't pass a physical.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
Now the question is, do we really want another old MLB, who can't pass a physical.
Al Wilson? Hell yes I want him. He would probably get a short contract with us, but we would have an amazing defense with him on it. Unable to pass the physical doesn't mean that much to me since he will be back in playing form by the time the season starts.