Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:11 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chargers have owned him forever and a day. 4 picks is a surprise but not a shock against them.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:13 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best.Thread.Ever.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:58 AM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though he's only the WR coach for the Colts, I think its perfectly fair to blame Ron Turner for all of the their problems on offense. Please believe!

Sincerely
Ron Turner hater 4 life
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:34 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a lot of good decisions by Peyton Manning tonight. However, I think this is going to be a non-issue, because the Colts are still going to take the division easily. They're playing Dallas, @ Tennessee, Jacksonville, @ Oakland, and then Tennessee again. All of those games look winnable for Peyton & co. That said, Philip Rivers looked more like an MVP than Manning this week. Manning canceled out his two touchdown passes by throwing two interception that got ran all the way back, and then threw a couple more picks for good measure.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:58 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manning isn't the problem. The problem is that the offensive line rarely gives him more than 2 seconds, the receivers drop a handful of passes every week, and last night there were a few pass interferences that weren't called. This Colts team is literally one of the worst in the league. Without Manning they would be a bottom 3 team, imo. I havee to wonder if that is the reason that Manning is not signing a contract yet? Maybe he wants to go a team with other good players so he will know what it is like.
abaddon41_80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:01 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Manning isn't the problem. The problem is that the offensive line rarely gives him more than 2 seconds, the receivers drop a handful of passes every week, and last night there were a few pass interferences that weren't called. This Colts team is literally one of the worst in the league. Without Manning they would be a bottom 3 team, imo. I havee to wonder if that is the reason that Manning is not signing a contract yet? Maybe he wants to go a team with other good players so he will know what it is like.
I agree that overall without Manning the Colts are a poor team. However with Wayne, Clark, Freeney, Mathis etc they have way too many elite players to be that bad. I feel that their problem is they have neglected important positions for so long and simply focused on skill positions.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:04 AM    (permalink
shinzo123
Rookie

shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.shinzo123 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Not a lot of good decisions by Peyton Manning tonight. However, I think this is going to be a non-issue, because the Colts are still going to take the division easily. They're playing Dallas, @ Tennessee, Jacksonville, @ Oakland, and then Tennessee again. All of those games look winnable for Peyton & co. That said, Philip Rivers looked more like an MVP than Manning this week. Manning canceled out his two touchdown passes by throwing two interception that got ran all the way back, and then threw a couple more picks for good measure.
Dallas, Jacksonville and Oakland are all winnable? Yeah they are but the way you said it, I have to disagree since Manning is hurt and playing like crap.
shinzo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:05 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's no Eli...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:08 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I agree that overall without Manning the Colts are a poor team. However with Wayne, Clark, Freeney, Mathis etc they have way too many elite players to be that bad. I feel that their problem is they have neglected important positions for so long and simply focused on skill positions.
Who is the etc? You pretty much named all of their good players right there. Everyone else is either average or bad, especially their offensive line and defense. And it doesn't matter who you are throwing the ball to if you have 2 seconds to throw it.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:11 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who is the etc? You pretty much named all of their good players right there. Everyone else is either average or bad, especially their offensive line and defense. And it doesn't matter who you are throwing the ball to if you have 2 seconds to throw it.
Austin Collie, Antoine Bethea, Jerraud Powers??? Their offensive line is atrocious but so is Chicago's and they're doing ok

Old 11-29-2010, 09:29 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Austin Collie, Antoine Bethea, Jerraud Powers??? Their offensive line is atrocious but so is Chicago's and they're doing ok
Powers and Bethea are average at best and I like Collie a lot, I think that he is going to be really good, but he has not been playing recently. And the Bears offensive line is better than the Colts plus they have a decent running game and great defense.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:31 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Powers and Bethea are average at best and I like Collie a lot, I think that he is going to be really good, but he has not been playing recently. And the Bears offensive line is better than the Colts plus they have a decent running game and great defense.
I think Powers could be a real nice player in that cover 2 system. He's good at covering and he hits people in the mouth. Bethea I think is still underrated. I'm not a big one for praising Colts players but he is a good one

Old 11-29-2010, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I blame Dallas Clark you heard the announcers he is the greatest thing since slice bread and they won't win another game with out him.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:44 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chicago's O-line has improved a fair amount. We all saw the Bears v Giants game, and that's still stuck in our heads, but in the month or so since, they've improved.

The Colts/Polian has simply refused to spend draft picks on the O-line, and high draft picks they did spend, haven't panned out. As of last night, the starting o-line consists of, a sixth round pick in '06, 3 un-drafted free agents, and a 4th round pick from '02. So, with that in mind, we got out of it what we put in.

With all that was said last off-season about re-forming the O-line, the actions taken in that time have been very frustrating. We cut Ryan Lilja, who's been playing well for the Chiefs, we pass on Rodger Saffold (round 2 pick 1) and Charles Brown (round 2 pick 32). We didn't spend a pick on an O-linemen until the end of the 4th round. Any Rams/Saints followers want to tell me how frustrated I should be? I've heard Saffold has played well.

Regarding the rest of the team, the defense played well last night, the Chargers offense didn't score a touchdown until the 4th quarter. Rivers was under 150 yards, by the end of the 3rd quarter, while the game was still within range. They kept the game within range, when it could have been ugly in the first quarter.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:45 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think Powers could be a real nice player in that cover 2 system. He's good at covering and he hits people in the mouth. Bethea I think is still underrated. I'm not a big one for praising Colts players but he is a good one
I agree that Powers could be good but right now he is pretty average and I have always thought that Bethea is overrated. I have heard people say he is a top 15 safety and that just isn't true.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:46 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once they give you the label of a Finesse Team, meaningless as it is, the team starts playing like one. It's like their OL is wearing tags reading I'M A WUSS WHO CAN'T PASS BLOCK FOR **** & it's open season on the QB.

Fetushead RoboQB has had that label forever. Still, with the suckage this yr in the rest of thier division do you see anyone else winning it?

So we can look fwd to another team like the Steelers or NE bashing them into silly putty again in the playoffs, good times.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
there is no way in hell our oline is better than any other oline out there.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Lilja says sup.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It wasn't his fault! It wasn't his fault!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:19 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
there is no way in hell our oline is better than any other oline out there.
It is close but at least the Bears offensive line plays well sometimes and can run block decently. The Colts offensive line never plays well.

Quote:
It wasn't his fault! It wasn't his fault!
This is true, even though you are joking. Is it his fault his receivers drop passes? Is it his fault Reggie Wayne was interfered with on the second pick 6? Is it his fault that his offensive line can't block? Is it his fault that his running game is probably the worst in the league?
Old 11-29-2010, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe the Colts will be picking in the top 20 for the first time in forver and can get Manning more help in the upcoming Draft. Picks like Donald Brown, Anthony Gonzalez and Tony Ugoh haven't been helping much in recent years.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:22 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It is close but at least the Bears offensive line plays well sometimes and can run block decently. The Colts offensive line never plays well.

This is true, even though you are joking. Is it his fault his receivers drop passes? Is it his fault Reggie Wayne was interfered with on the second pick 6? Is it his fault that his offensive line can't block? Is it his fault that his running game is probably the worst in the league?
My god, give me a ******* break. Minus Clark (whose clone stepped right in for him), this is the same team that went to the Superbowl last year.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
My god, give me a ******* break. Minus Clark (whose clone stepped right in for him), this is the same team that went to the Superbowl last year.
No, it wasn't his fault!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:23 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manning carries that team. One player can only do so much when the o-line is terrible and there is no running game. They need to address the o-line early in next years draft. They miss Addai in the running game, he is a lot more physical than Brown and is able to get the tough yards. That defense is built on the premise that the offense puts up points and gets ahead early in games so they can attack, they aren't built to stop the run. The lack of a running game really hurts the Colts in many ways.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Well, they were winning then, so that's all because of Manning. Now that they're losing, it can't possibly be Manning's fault. IT'S EVERYONE ELSE'S FAULT, YA BIG SILLY!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote